Xavier vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
Both are blood lusted, fully intent on killing each other.

They are placed inside Adamantium cages, a mile apart from each other.

When the bell sounds, both cages are opened.

Who drops first?

Battleground is the desert of Rajasthan, no civilians for miles around.

Delta1938
.....wtf?

janus77
Originally posted by Delta1938
.....wtf?
Read AvX.

Delta1938
But I've heard bad things about it, like it'll kill my soul and make me go blind and deaf.

TheGodKiller
But I've heard bad things about it, like it'll kill my soul and make me go blind and deaf.
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://i45.tinypic.com/15ww2w.jpg

Delta1938
I have no idea of context, but based on that scan, wouldn't that make this a spite thread with Charlie being bloodlusted?

janus77
The man gets an aneurysm trying to mind-**** Magneto and now he's fully capable of taking out the PF (as well as dropping the Avengers)?

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous...

janus77
Depends, could Thor do a hammer toss at Charles faster than Charles can think "die"?

Delta1938
Originally posted by janus77
The man gets an aneurysm trying to mind-**** Magneto and now he's fully capable of taking out the PF (as well as dropping the Avengers)?

"PF?" Phoenix Force?

Depends, could Thor do a hammer toss at Charles faster than Charles can think "die"?

Maybe.

janus77
Yes.

Kazenji

If that's from the Avengers Book it explains why, Bendis is on that one.

TheGodKiller
I have no idea of context, but based on that scan, wouldn't that make this a spite thread with Charlie being bloodlusted?
There is no context behind that feat , not any that I know of . Based on that single feat , this should be spite against him of epic proportions , despite the fact that it doesn't make ANY sense why Emma , who is an Omega-class telepath like him and almost as experienced , couldn't even enter Thor's mind , despite her PF-amp .

Inconsistencies like these are probably the reason why you've been hearing these alleged rumors about AVX :

The Sorrow
IIRC didn't Bendis have Charles state that he could have effectively ended the Secret War if he chose to, by turning off everyones mind. He seems to have a lot of respect for Xavier.

Newjak
Well everyone who Xavier put to sleep was distracted in a large battle, so that could have helped him as no one was prepared or ready for a TP assault on them. Or it's just bad writing to make Xavier look good.

bluewaterrider
Here, Delta. I'm "quoting" from the man who originally posted this over in the "Character Ownage" thread so you can see the second scan.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://i45.tinypic.com/15ww2w.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2w1wfx1.jpg

8swords

the story itself is...

abhilegend
OTOH emma effortlessely mindraped magneto
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/avx010a.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/avx010b.jpg

8swords
Originally posted by abhilegend

firstly, did she?.

secondly, mag doesnt have a great defense against TP,
not impressed

celestialbodies
Originally posted by 8swords
firstly, did she?.

not impressed

Actually even with the helmet he's shown incredible mental defenses enough to stave off a combined assault from Prof. X and Jean Grey in the 90's.

JakeTheBank
Depends if you think Xavier's feat from AvX trumps all of Thor's mental showings or not. I would wager that a bloodlusted Thor's mind is significantly more difficult to shut down than a normal Thor's, though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by 8swords
firstly, did she?.

not impressed
Really? Magneto doesn't have a good TP defense? Is this bizarro world?

leonidas
you mean WITHOUT the helmet i presume, and yeah, he's got some of the best psi defenses in marvel.

bbrem123
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/avx010b.jpg ooo the inconsistency of marvel hahaha

janus77
I know I shouldn't expect better from you, so this is basically me talking over you.

Those scans are more easily read as a TK feat, Emma holding Magneto in-place.

That's impressive-ish, but not contradicting Magneto's history of Psi-attack resistance.

abhilegend
I know I shouldn't expect better from you, so this is basically me talking over you.

That's impressive-ish, but not contradicting Magneto's history of Psi-attack resistance.
Fail much? I know its a lot of words but you can at least look to the pretty pictures. Phoenix emma hasn't shown any type of TK to my knowledge.

janus77
Fail much? I know its a lot of words but you can at least look to the pretty pictures.
You assemble letters together in a way that hints at literacy but, when read and digested it becomes evident that you are just randomly bashing away at the keyboard.

I wonder if you're some sort of Turing Test bot...

abhilegend
You assemble letters together in a way that hints at literacy but, when read and digested it becomes evident that you are just randomly bashing away at the keyboard.

I wonder if you're some sort of Turing Test bot...
I'm certain though that you're a cbr spam-boat.

janus77
I'm certain though that you're a cbr spam-boat.
They need to fix your spell-check function.

Or maybe just pull the plug confused.

Cogito

It's clear it was a TP feat when he looks to his helmet in the last panel.

janus77
Originally posted by Cogito
It's clear it was a TP feat when he looks to his helmet in the last panel.
Could just be to keep his thoughts to himself.

He was clearly held in place - he fell to the floor when she 'let go'.

Cogito
^ The context of that panel was clear erm

abhilegend
They need to fix your spell-check function.

Or maybe just pull the plug confused.
Lulz, fail at even spamming. How much can you fail before getting deleted?

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
It's clear it was a TP feat when he looks to his helmet in the last panel. True, but at the same time his mind was still functional to some degree-- ie. "Let... Me... Go...". So I definitely wouldn't refer to that scene as "mindrape" in the conventional sense.

But yeah, in the last panel he looks to his helmet and says: "Damn it", implying that if he would have been wearing his helm, Emma's trickery would have been ineffectual.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
True, but at the same time his mind was still functional to some degree-- ie. "Let... Me... Go...". So I definitely wouldn't refer to that scene as "mindrape" in the conventional sense.

But yeah, in the last panel he looks to his helmet and says: "Damn it", implying that if he would have been wearing his helm, Emma's trickery would have been ineffectual.

thumb up

His mind was formidable to resist her to some degree, which is quite impressive

the ninjak
A Phoenix empowered Emma couldn't get into Thor's mind before he smashed her.

Thor wins.

eaebiakuya
Imo this Xavier vs Thor fight was PIS.

PF Emma and Moondragon failed to mindrape him. The writter forgot Thor has mental defences.

StiltmanFTW
What's ridiculous is that Spider Woman had the best psi-shielding laughing out loud

Zack Fair
Agreed. What a shitfest.

Although I like the Xavier wank. He should always be the best and most powerful telepath IMO.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Agreed. What a shitfest.

Although I like the Xavier wank. He should always be the best and most powerful telepath IMO.

You just like bald people, IMO

basilisk
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Imo this Xavier vs Thor fight was PIS.

PF Emma and Moondragon failed to mindrape him. The writter forgot Thor has mental defences.

Moondragon has basically mindraped Thor several times (in fact what she did to him on Ba-Bani while he was mind controlled pretty much was actual rape). She only failed against a mentally insane Thor.

mastagambit
Xavier did make Wolverine go to 'sleep' in Magneto War and he was in berzerker rage I think.

"Id"
Thats a monstrous feat. Chuck overpowered Rachel, and goes to down the entire X-Men/Avengers + Super Namor with a hand-wave.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by mastagambit
Xavier did make Wolverine go to 'sleep' in Magneto War and he was in berzerker rage I think.

He was pissed, but not really berserker. His TP resistance has been upgraded since. Jessica should have been rendered uconscious like the others...

mastagambit
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He was pissed, but not really berserker. His TP resistance has been upgraded since. Jessica should have been rendered uconscious like the others...

He was really really pissed. Xavier told him to back down and he didn't. Then we have Emma telling Wolverine to stop but yet he backhands her?

the ninjak
Logan is also receiving expert telepathic assault training from Kid Omega in secret.
Something tells me Logan will soon be one of the best Telepathic shielders.

basilisk
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Jessica should have been rendered uconscious like the others... Yeah, makes you wonder why, given the problems the Avengers have long had with telepaths, and with Iron Man, McCoy etc trying to build psi blockers, they don't just go to SHIELD and say I'll have what she has. I mean, with them being best buddies with Nick Fury, and Cap's long history with them, and having access to SHIELD files & tech, and Iron Man being director of SHIELD, and Steve being in charge of national security and having access to SHIELD, and so on.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by basilisk
Moondragon has basically mindraped Thor several times (in fact what she did to him on Ba-Bani while he was mind controlled pretty much was actual rape). She only failed against a mentally insane Thor.

Severanl times ? When ???

She did it one time, and after that she failed.

The insane Thor was not this one:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorMentalDefense06InfinityWatch21.jpg

Was this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorMentalDefense07469.jpg

PillarofOsiris
As much as it pains me to say it, Xavier's stock is much higher than Thor's is in Marvel these days.

PillarofOsiris
Yeah, makes you wonder why, given the problems the Avengers have long had with telepaths, and with Iron Man, McCoy etc trying to build psi blockers, they don't just go to SHIELD and say I'll have what she has. I mean, with them being best buddies with Nick Fury, and Cap's long history with them, and having access to SHIELD files & tech, and Iron Man being director of SHIELD, and Steve being in charge of national security and having access to SHIELD, and so on.

Yeah, they should all have special TP blocking helmets. Even Thor should get a new helmet that blocks TP, he could even make it look the same with the little wings. I've always wondered why Iron Man doesn't hook everyone up more.

cdtm
Does War Machine have psychic defenses?

Using Stark tech and all?

cdtm

The insane Thor was not this one:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorMentalDefense06InfinityWatch21.jpg

And from the context, she was probably amped by Goddess.

leonidas
makes me wonder about that old scan where xavier is talking and says he could have put all the inhabitants of battleworld to sleep--and galactus was in the picture! laughing out loud

i'd have always given xavier the nod over thor, btw, so, meh. not a sweep, but a majority given thor's history and the level of power xavier has. sometimes i think charlie gets underestimated. not saying he should have been able to take out namor like he did, but namor isn't emma (which might be interesting....) but look in the respect thread--xavier has some crazy-a$$ feats.

JakeTheBank
I would never say that Xavier doesn't have the ability to telepathically assault Thor, but a bloodlusted Thor would likely be much harder to effect and halt in time before a Mjolnir throw or lightning bolt hit Chuck. On the other side of the coin, a bloodlusted Xavier would be a different animal altogether, too.

leonidas
are both bloodlusted here? didn't see that, just thought it was a standard battle. i agree with you, in any event.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, both are bloodlusted per OP.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
There is no context behind that feat , not any that I know of . Based on that single feat , this should be spite against him of epic proportions , despite the fact that it doesn't make ANY sense why Emma , who is an Omega-class telepath like him and almost as experienced , couldn't even enter Thor's mind , despite her PF-amp .

Inconsistencies like these are probably the reason why you've been hearing these alleged rumors about AVX :

Not really an inconsistency because Charles and Emma werent performing the same action. Emma was trying to mind control Thor whilst Xavier was just slammin a mental suggestion into his mind.

Emma being a Phoenix host also doesnt make it an inconsistency because how uber a host is depends on how much power they draw on.

Sundipped
Fail much? I know its a lot of words but you can at least look to the pretty pictures. Phoenix emma hasn't shown any type of TK to my knowledge.

The other hosts have shown tk on panel like this, Namor rasing ships and Colossus levitating missiles:

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12925931_7412570458_bfd40cd8ed_z-1.jpg

So of course Emma could stomp Eric with tk and hold him in place without tp. Just so happens that it was tp being alluded to. Indication being that Eric glanced at his helmet.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by leonidas
makes me wonder about that old scan where xavier is talking and says he could have put all the inhabitants of battleworld to sleep--and galactus was in the picture! laughing out loud
And then Galactus glances his way and almost kills the entire team...

Either way, Xavier put Thor, Namorforce, Wolverine (has psi shielding), War Machine (who I believe has psi shielding), Omega Ice Man, and Cap (believe has psi shielding) to sleep among others.

Heh.

Xavierforce vs Phoenixforce coming up

Glorificus
When Xavier doesn't hold back, there's really little he can't accomplish with his TP. But the fact that Spider Woman was the only one resistant enough to not be dropped just reeks of PIS.

And All of the Phoenix 5 have TK. Emma included. And she was speaking to Erik telepathically, and proceeded to paralyze him telepathically in that scan in question, which is why Erik looked to his helmet in regret after his mind was just violated.

eaebiakuya
Thor resisted a telepatic assault from the Other in the annual...

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Not really an inconsistency because Charles and Emma werent performing the same action. Emma was trying to mind control Thor whilst Xavier was just slammin a mental suggestion into his mind.

Emma being a Phoenix host also doesnt make it an inconsistency because how uber a host is depends on how much power they draw on.
Xavier commanded Thor to "sleep" . Emma failed to even fully enter Thor's mind .

That's a lame excuse . Even w/o the PF , Emma should be able to perform something like that . She's an omega-class telepath , like Charles . Such a feat shouldn't be beyond her capabilities .

Inconsistency remains an inconsistency .

basilisk

Avengers #211. Moondragon compels an array of heroes and forces them to go to Avengers mansion. When the Avengers try to stop her she totally freezes Thor, Herc, Iron Man, Cap, Panther, Iceman, even Vision etc. with "a simple psi-bolt". Thor remains frozen as a statue while Moondragon carries out her Avengers team tryouts. They escape due to Iron Man.

Avengers #219-220. Moondragon compels Thor and the Avengers to enter her spaceship, and it takes them to the planet Ba-Bani. Once on the planet she mind controls Thor into serving her, becoming her lover, and fighting the Avengers for her. All this with what she says is the "small reserve" of power she has left while simultaneously controlling millions of the planet's inhabitants. He escapes due to changing back to Blake, who has a different mind from Thor.

leonidas
Avengers #211. Moondragon compels an array of heroes and forces them to go to Avengers mansion. When the Avengers try to stop her she totally freezes Thor, Herc, Iron Man, Cap, Panther, Iceman, even Vision etc. with "a simple psi-bolt". Thor remains frozen as a statue while Moondragon carries out her Avengers team tryouts. They escape due to Iron Man.

Avengers #219-220. Moondragon compels Thor and the Avengers to enter her spaceship, and it takes them to the planet Ba-Bani. Once on the planet she mind controls Thor into serving her, becoming her lover, and fighting the Avengers for her. All this with what she says is the "small reserve" of power she has left while simultaneously controlling millions of the planet's inhabitants. He escapes due to changing back to Blake, who has a different mind from Thor.

wasn't that during the era when she was amped by the dragon of the moon though...?

basilisk
wasn't that during the era when she was amped by the dragon of the moon though...? Hard to say. I mean the DotM wasn't even created when those Avengers stories took place. DotM was kind of retconned in to be part of Moondragon's origin from what I recall, but it didn't begin to influence her until a few years after those Avengers issues. At least I think - been a long time since I read any later Defenders.

leonidas
Hard to say. I mean the DotM wasn't even created when those Avengers stories took place. DotM was kind of retconned in to be part of Moondragon's origin from what I recall, but it didn't begin to influence her until a few years after those Avengers issues. At least I think - been a long time since I read any later Defenders.

yeah it was confusing. i recall a scene when she was finally freed of the dragon, and it came well after the issues you mentioned so i was pretty sure everything until that scene was sorta suspect. but if there has been a retcon regarding the dragon, then...... shrug

basilisk
yeah it was confusing. i recall a scene when she was finally freed of the dragon, and it came well after the issues you mentioned so i was pretty sure everything until that scene was sorta suspect. but if there has been a retcon regarding the dragon, then...... shrug It was a retcon in the sense that it wasn't introduced into her origin until well after her first appearances and original origin. But I'm pretty sure it didn't return to influence her until a several years after these Avengers stories.

deathlife
Didn't Xavier just put Thor to sleep?

Honestly, Marvel isn't applying any sort of consistency to their characters feats. As it is now, it's hard to say "who can do exactly what" at the moment.

TheGodKiller
^They're trolling hardcore fans of these characters . And making life harder for us battleboarders . That's what they're doing .

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by deathlife

Honestly, Marvel isn't applying any sort of consistency to their characters feats. As it is now, it's hard to say "who can do exactly what" at the moment.

thumb up

leonidas
It was a retcon in the sense that it wasn't introduced into her origin until well after her first appearances and original origin. But I'm pretty sure it didn't return to influence her until a several years after these Avengers stories.

i always viewed the dragon scene as a retcon in itself. if you're saying that it was altered again, then basically it was a retconned retcon....? confused

Glorificus
After Moondragon purged the Dragon of the Moon influence from herself, has she ever had any feats on the scale as from her initial classic appearance - the whole enslaving Thor and dominating the minds of everyone on an entire planet?

I don't believe current Moondragon is anywhere on that level, but I suppose after having exposure to the Mind Gem for such an extended period of time, her power may fluctuate?

basilisk
i always viewed the dragon scene as a retcon in itself. if you're saying that it was altered again, then basically it was a retconned retcon....? confused Oops no just meant it was a retcon to begin with. I know there was some more of the dragon stuff later though, and sundragon, can't really remember if the original retcon got changed any further.

But I think back when those Avengers stories were done, they were basically just saying she was powerful enough to do that to Thor and the others. Twice.

leonidas
Originally posted by Glorificus
After Moondragon purged the Dragon of the Moon influence from herself, has she ever had any feats on the scale as from her initial classic appearance - the whole enslaving Thor and dominating the minds of everyone on an entire planet?

I don't believe current Moondragon is anywhere on that level, but I suppose after having exposure to the Mind Gem for such an extended period of time, her power may fluctuate?

yeah, this is what i was trying to say. no, i don't believe she has. i think those early feats were down to her being amped by the dragon. least i'm pretty sure someone proved that in some thread somewhere, and i'd always thought that was the case....

Sundipped
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Even w/o the PF , Emma should be able to perform something like that . She's an omega-class telepath , like Charles . Such a feat shouldn't be beyond her capabilities .

What other conclusion could you come too besides she wasn't even trying. She's toyed with everyone she's come in contact with. Look at how she has everyone bow to her like a God.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12930254_AVX-Zone-_007.jpg

No need for a massive mind phuck.

Emmas tp feats : Having Rulk resist/having Thor resist/mean verry little. Could she mind rape them? Hell yeah. Does she have to be shown on panel doing it. No.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thor has a CLEAR history of being mindraped easily.. this is nothing new. Sure, he has some decent showings of benig able to resist it... but let's not kid ourselves.. he has just as many where they weren't so strong. I see nothing wrong with Xavier being able to shut his mind down.

zopzop
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I see nothing wrong with Xavier being able to shut his mind down.
No one is really arguing against that. I'm more stunned that an AMPED Emma couldn't do it.shocking

Zack Fair
So I wonder wtf is going to happen to the p5 after everything is finished. Will they be put in prison?

ODG
Originally posted by Glorificus

I don't believe current Moondragon is anywhere on that level, but I suppose after having exposure to the Mind Gem for such an extended period of time, her power may fluctuate? Making Thor bend his knee with telepathy isn't unprecedented. And Thor's developing madness helped him aver Moondragon's commands in Infinity War. Aside from Thor's subtle reference to "bits and pieces", the Goddess explains this to Moondragon after Thor rebels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.