Which couple would produce the most powerful baby?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PillarofOsiris
Out of these 10 hypothetical couples, which do you think would have the most powerful child when it grows up?

1. Wonder Woman / Thor

2. Superman / Sersi

3. Hulk / Super Girl

4. Magneto / Invisible Woman (Sue Richards)

5. Red Hulk / Maxima

6. Orion / Jean Grey

7. Hercules (Marvel) / Power Girl

8. Aquaman / She Hulk

9. Namor / Red She Hulk

10. Mr. Majestic / Sif

All DC Characters are pre flash point

srankmissingnin
Stiltman and immaculate conception.

zopzop
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Out of these 10 hypothetical couples, which do you think would have the most powerful child when it grows up?

1. Wonder Woman / Thor

2. Superman / Sersi

3. Hulk / Super Girl

5. Red Hulk / Maxima

6. Orion / Jean Grey

8. Aquaman / She Hulk

9. Namor / Red She Hulk

10. Mr. Majestic / Sif

Uhm, how would the Hulk/SG and Red Hulk/Maxima grouping "work" if you get my drift. Wouldn't it be like ramming a mack truck through a hallway? sweatdrop

ctsketch
11. Franklin Richards and Zatanna

janus77
3 or 4, imo.

Hulk's already produced Hiro Kala (phenomenal powers for a child).
Add some flight and Kryptonian range abilities in the mix and you have a character to end all comics.

Magneto & Sue would be a pretty good bet too.

Silent Master
Originally posted by zopzop
Uhm, how would the Hulk/SG and Red Hulk/Maxima grouping "work" if you get my drift. Wouldn't it be like ramming a mack truck through a hallway? sweatdrop

The Hulk's old nickname was "The smallest one there is", that's why he's always so mad.

the ninjak
Squirrel Girl and Ninjak!

mastagambit
Why not put Cyclops up there? Sinister thinks he has the best gene in Marvel Universe.
He and Wonder Woman would make the most powerful baby in creation.

TheGodKiller
In no particular order :

Edit : My money would be on Couple No. 2 producing the best progeny out of the 4 listed above .

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
3 or 4, imo.

Hulk's already produced Hiro Kala (phenomenal powers for a child).
Add some flight and Kryptonian range abilities in the mix and you have a character to end all comics.

Magneto & Sue would be a pretty good bet too.

This.

Mindset
Doom.

janus77
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom.
and his Iron Fist? confused

Robtard
Batman and Robin (Grayson)

the ninjak
Doom. Originally posted by janus77
and his Iron Fist? confused

That's not how you make babies. As fun as it would be to watch.

Originally posted by Robtard
Batman and Robin (Grayson)

Even funnier. But less surprising.

Shabazz916
iron man... she hulk

psycho gundam
Uhm, how would the Hulk/SG and Red Hulk/Maxima grouping "work" if you get my drift. Wouldn't it be like ramming a mack truck through a hallway? sweatdrop banner/ross could do it.

anyway, if we're judging actual progeny, 4 by a landslide. magneto and sue would give birth to jack kirby

Glorificus
Orion and Jean Grey most likely.

marwash22
how in the hell did Stretchy + invisible = Godlike?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Shabazz916
iron man... she hulk

She's probably terminated more of his potential off-spring than Mindset has victims.

zopzop
Originally posted by marwash22
The Cosmic Control Rod was added to the mix too. I recall there was a problem with the pregnancy and Reed need the CCR so IW or the baby (cant' remember which) wouldn't be killed.

Shabazz916
Originally posted by -Pr-
She's probably terminated more of his potential off-spring than Mindset has victims.

i dnt get it

8swords
going with number 1, if they have an offspring wouldnt he/she be blessed by both asgardians and olympians, amazonians too i guess

Digi
HULK SMASH dat ass

Zack Fair
Superman & Sersi or Orion and Jean Grey

Q99

Because both of the powers are based on cosmic rays.

TheGodKiller
The Cosmic Control Rod was added to the mix too. I recall there was a problem with the pregnancy and Reed need the CCR so IW or the baby (cant' remember which) wouldn't be killed.
There's also the X-Gene to account for . In all likelihood , Reed(I am presuming that in the MU its usually the father who carries the X-Gene . Any X-fans , please correct me if I am wrong) carried a mutant gene that had great(possibly Omega-level) psionic potential , however , Reed and Sue's exposure to cosmic rays , and the subsequent usage of the CCR , positively altered this X-Gene(essentially further mutating it) , linking it to creative energies capable of building entire universes , which are the source of Franklin's godlike abilities .
It can also account for the reason why Franklin's powers began manifesting at even a toddler age , as opposed to most mutants who don't express their powers until they hit puberty .

Mindset
how in the hell did Stretchy + invisible = Godlike? It didn't, the x-gene did.

Mindset
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
There's also the X-Gene to account for . In all likelihood , Reed(I am presuming that in the MU its usually the father who carries the X-Gene . Any X-fans , please correct me if I am wrong) carried a mutant gene that had great(possibly Omega-level) psionic potential , however , Reed and Sue's exposure to cosmic rays , and the subsequent usage of the CCR , positively altered this X-Gene(essentially further mutating it) , linking it to creative energies capable of building entire universes , which are the source of Franklin's godlike abilities .
It can also account for the reason why Franklin's powers began manifesting at even a toddler age , as opposed to most mutants who don't express their powers until they hit puberty . Iirc Braddock's parents didn't have mutant powers, neither did Jasper's.

The x-gene can give you cosmic powers even if your parents are powerless.

TheGodKiller
Iirc Braddock's parents didn't have mutant powers, neither did Jasper's.

The x-gene can give you cosmic powers even if your parents are powerless.
They can act as carriers of the X-gene , even if they don't possess its powers . Genes can be recessive or dominant .

The X-Gene , as it is portrayed in the MU , is usually a recessive gene carried by a parent , which , for some unknown reason , may manifest in a progeny .

Mindset
Yea, I know, I think you're missing my point.

TheGodKiller
Yea, I know, I think you're missing my point.
I got your point . None of my statements in previous posts dispute it .

DarkSaint85
i dnt get it

Why did no one address this poor soul?

celestialbodies
Orion and Jean Grey, or Jean Grey and anyone really she has a habit of producing some extremely powers children.

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards and a vagina

Mad Jim Jasper with anybody with a pulse

psycho gundam
sinister said the grey/summers bloodline was powerful, but going by examples the summers line produced alex summers without anything to do with grey genes

ain't phucking with magneto, though: quicksilver, polaris, and goddamn scarlet witch. sue storm and reed richards produced two mutant children (valaria has latent power that her future self exhibited), one of which is arguably top 5 ever

magneto and sue

basilisk
how in the hell did Stretchy + invisible = Godlike? Originally posted by zopzop
The Cosmic Control Rod was added to the mix too. I recall there was a problem with the pregnancy and Reed need the CCR so IW or the baby (cant' remember which) wouldn't be killed. Also I believe Sue continued to drink alcohol during the pregnancy.

basilisk
Apollo and Midnighter.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by basilisk
Apollo and Midnighter.

Well in that case, Moondragon and Phyla-Vell...

celestialbodies
Originally posted by psycho gundam
sinister said the grey/summers bloodline was powerful, but going by examples the summers line produced alex summers without anything to do with grey genes

ain't phucking with magneto, though: quicksilver, polaris, and goddamn scarlet witch. sue storm and reed richards produced two mutant children (valaria has latent power that her future self exhibited), one of which is arguably top 5 ever

magneto and sue

Its weird while Mr. Sinister's attention has always been mostly towards Scott and by extension Jean. Her genes and the other Summers' brother genes seems to be way more powerful.

the ninjak

I always saw it as destiny.

They're the first family of Marvel. And their kid should eventually become the most powerful.

psycho gundam
both parents exposed to cosmic rays will inevitably produce mutants

Doon
It can also account for the reason why Franklin's powers began manifesting at even a toddler age , as opposed to most mutants who don't express their powers until they hit puberty .

Agreed. And I'll add that all or most humans in the MU have the ability to produce super-humans. It was the Celestials who initially experimented on the human race in its infancy, making way for the eventual rise of both mutant and mutate in the Earth's population. That said, I believe that exposure to cosmic rays simply awakened Reed and Sue's latent potential to not only become super-human but to also give birth to one of the most powerful super-humans in all of existence. In my opinion, it's entirely possible that Franklin would have not been born a mutant had his parents not been exposed to the aforementioned rays. I think the cosmic exposure helped to speed up the process initially started by the Celestials eons ago, thus enabling the Richards' to create a child with an x-gene. In the Heroes Reborn: The Return limited series, Ashema actually states that Franklin represents the culmination of their experiments on humankind way back when.

pym-ftw
Tigra+Pym=Panther God

Seriously Magneto and Sue have the best Genes in comics

Galactus and Squirrel Girl

psycho gundam
There's also the X-Gene to account for . In all likelihood , Reed(I am presuming that in the MU its usually the father who carries the X-Gene . Any X-fans , please correct me if I am wrong hank mcCoy's father worked at a facility with radiation and he apparently was the one who passed the gene to his son

the ninjak
hank mcCoy's father worked at a facility with radiation and he apparently was the one who passed the gene to his son

Same as Charles Xavier's father and his colleagues Kurt Marko (Juggernaut's Father) and Alexander Ryking (father of Hazard).

Kurt Marko was left unaffected but he was a hack.
Alexander had a role like Xavier's and his son became a mutant.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/Hazard.jpg

-Pr-
i dnt get it

They've had a lot of sex with each other.

Originally posted by celestialbodies
Its weird while Mr. Sinister's attention has always been mostly towards Scott and by extension Jean. Her genes and the other Summers' brother genes seems to be way more powerful.

Cable and Nate Grey were Cyclops' progeny.

TheGodKiller
Magneto and Sue have produced far more powerful progeny .

the Darkone
1,2 and 4

Stoic
They aren't part of the list, but I'd imagine that the Scarlett Witch, and Hiroim could produce a monstrously powerful child.

pym-ftw
I can't wait for Pym & Tigra's baby to grow up it should be a bad ass with its skrull DNA

-Pr-

When did Magneto and Sue have a baby?

Stoic

I think he was talking about the two individually. Not as a couple.

zopzop
Well HoM Wanda has been retconned, so that's out.

Reed used the Cosmic Control Rod during Sue's pregnancy for some odd reason. I'm betting that mucked with Franklin in the womb. So Sue is questionable.

TheGodKiller
Individually , with different partners .

"Id"
I always thought that the coupling of an Omega Mutant, and an Eternal would produce a powerful offspring with near guaranteed results to shoot for the abstracts.

Something like Genis-Vell + Jean Grey or X-Man + Sersi.

TheGodKiller

Reed used the Cosmic Control Rod during Sue's pregnancy for some odd reason. I'm betting that mucked with Franklin in the womb. So Sue is questionable.
Franklin's powers are the result of the X-Gene(which may or may not have been the product of his parents getting exposed to cosmic rays) .

The CCR explanation was never applied to his powers , either on-panel or on handbooks . Its a plausible but fan-based theory that has been propagated on many sites .

zopzop
Franklin's powers are the result of the X-Gene(which may or may not have been the product of his parents getting exposed to cosmic rays) .

The CCR explanation was never applied to his powers , either on-panel or on handbooks . Its a plausible but fan-based theory that has been propagated on many sites .
But the fact remains that he WAS exposed to the power of the CCR while in Sue's womb. Who knows how that affected his genes. Even if you don't believe it affected him in any way, it should at least be mentioned that he was exposed to it's power while he was a fetus.

Mshinu
Squirrel Girl and Hyperstorm.

But Thanos and Cassandra Nova would have the prettiest babies.

Colossus-Big C
Superman And Thor

Would probably produce the most powerful baby

TheGodKiller
But the fact remains that he WAS exposed to the power of the CCR while in Sue's womb. Who knows how that affected his genes. Even if you don't believe it affected him in any way, it should at least be mentioned that he was exposed to it's power while he was a fetus.
Yeah and ? The original point was that it was never mentioned that he was powered or altered by the CCR . As Mindset pointed out , in the Marvel Universe you don't need to have super-powered parents , or exposed to any special substance/device to be born with godlike powers . The X-Gene provides that . Both Jamie Braddock and the late Sir James Jaspers are/were living proofs of that .

TheGodKiller

Well , she is a Nexus Being . And the last time I checked , Franklin's reality-altering powers , when channeled through a Nexus Being(Man-Thing in that case) , could produce an endless supply of (pocket ?)realities housed within an interdimensional Nexus(created by Franklin's energies as well) .

A Nexus Being(like Wanda, Magneto's progeny) with their own reality-warping powers(like Franklin's , Sue's progeny) would be a monstrously powerful entity imo .

D-Block
Thor and Wonderwoman

zopzop
Yeah and ? The original point was that it was never mentioned that he was powered or altered by the CCR . As Mindset pointed out , in the Marvel Universe you don't need to have super-powered parents , or exposed to any special substance/device to be born with godlike powers . The X-Gene provides that . Both Jamie Braddock and the late Sir James Jaspers are/were living proofs of that .
Genius, I'm merely pointing out that there were outside forces (in this case the CCR) that affected Franklin in the womb. So we don't know for sure if it was Sue and Reed's DNA that was SOLELY responsible for his godlike powers. What other children of Sue and Reed have powers on that scale?
Well , she is a Nexus Being . And the last time I checked , Franklin's reality-altering powers , when channeled through a Nexus Being(Man-Thing in that case) , could produce an endless supply of (pocket ?)realities housed within an interdimensional Nexus(created by Franklin's energies as well) .

A Nexus Being(like Wanda, Magneto's progeny) with their own reality-warping powers(like Franklin's , Sue's progeny) would be a monstrously powerful entity imo .
SHOW ME one thing she did that was mildly impressive BEFORE the HoM fiasco or AFTER the retcon and you'd have a point. She's nothing.

-Pr-
Genius, I'm merely pointing out that there were outside forces (in this case the CCR) that affected Franklin in the womb. So we don't know for sure if it was Sue and Reed's DNA that was SOLELY responsible for his godlike powers. What other children of Sue and Reed have powers on that scale?

SHOW ME one thing she did that was mildly impressive BEFORE the HoM fiasco or AFTER the retcon and you'd have a point. She's nothing.

But we don't know that the Cosmic Rays did affect him either.

zopzop
But we don't know that the Cosmic Rays did affect him either.
True, but the fact that Reed sought it out to help Sue's pregnancy sets off warning signs that something was up with it and the fetus.

-Pr-
True, but the fact that Reed sought it out to help Sue's pregnancy sets off warning signs that something was up with it and the fetus.

That's just speculation, though. I mean, I get what you're saying, but why say it?

zopzop
That's just speculation, though. I mean, I get what you're saying, but why say it?
Seriously?

Reed sought out the CCR to aid in Sue's pregnancy. You telling me a powerful artifact like the CCR would have ZERO affect on the developing fetus? confused

-Pr-
Seriously?

Reed sought out the CCR to aid in Sue's pregnancy. You telling me a powerful artifact like the CCR would have ZERO affect on the developing fetus? confused

Was there any statement that says that it did affect him?

rotiart
They've had a lot of sex with each other.

In an alternate earth I believe there was a David Xavier or something similar to Nate grey who was the child of Xavier and jean.

rotiart
Also Xavier plus Moira equals legion

rotiart

Morgan le fey kidnapped scarlet witch and used wands powers to alter reality into her image.

So she showed while being used as
A tool that she can at least alter the entire earth

TheGodKiller

The CCR was never mentioned as having any effect on Franklin . Franklin was born a mutant as result of his parents' exposure to Cosmic Rays . In fact the sole reason Reed went to the trouble of stealing the CCR from the Negative Zone was to reduce the powerful impulses of cosmic energy that buliding up in Sue's blood during her pregnancy . The CCR was used to only reduce the energy's effects which risked both Sue and her foetus' lives .
Nothing mentioned about the CCR affecting his genetic make-up at all .

Your other question is completely irrelevant because the X-Gene is the source of Franklin's mutant powers . You don't need to have superpowered parents to possess uber cosmic powers . None of Jamie Braddock's siblings have the power that he does , yet his X-Gene still gives him abilities they can only dream of .

What do her other abilities have anything to do with her status as a Nexus Being ? As I already pointed out Franklin's energies when channeled through a Nexus Being , are capable of creating countless realities with their own interdimensional Nexus .
Go and read Daydreamers and you'll understand what I am saying .

psycho gundam
Originally posted by rotiart
Also Xavier plus Moira equals legion legion's mother was an israeli woman named gabrielle haller, not moira. moira did however give birth to proteus by joseph macTaggart

pym-ftw
Wiccan and Hulkling

If they could even have a child

rotiart
legion's mother was an israeli woman named gabrielle haller, not moira. moira did however give birth to proteus by joseph macTaggart .

My bad.
I was simply trying to point out Xavier has some boss genes.

Nihilist
Thanos and Mistress Death

Bentley
Reed Richards and a random female speedster. Just to have instatech that can pwn the universe.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos and Mistress Death
It'll Rot .

Nihilist
It'll Rot . haha

Wasn't a real kid though.

psycho gundam
so that's triple fail

1) not a couple in the thread

2) not the most powerful "offspring"

3) not even a true child, more like a mixing of energies

TheGodKiller
3) not even a true child, more like a mixing of energies
Its as close as Thanos ever got to banging Mistress Death . And even then it was alternate reality versions of both . 616-Thanos will probably continue to be rejected by Death , as was shown in Thanos Imperative .

psycho gundam
616 death even turned on him when the cosmics fought him in IG, however she was channeling princess leia beforehand

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Stiltman and immaculate conception. I loled

jean grey/orion

Mshinu
Lord Rand and Aunt May

carver9
Thor and Wonder Woman

juggerman
Magneto and Sue

Raisen
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

1. Wonder Woman / Thor

2. Superman / Sersi

3. Hulk / Super Girl

5. Red Hulk / Maxima

6. Orion / Jean Grey

8. Aquaman / She Hulk

9. Namor / Red She Hulk

10. Mr. Majestic / Sif

1 is kind of redundant.
2 would be crazy powerful with the matter manip and supes powers.
3 would just be Hulk with the ability to fly, which would be great but not that impressive.
4 is kind of redundant also, Magneto has abilities similar to Sue's bubble in brain(Iron manip etc), not too impressed with 4. \
5 is similar to 3
6. Would be beastly. orion with tk and tp at that level is dangerous
7 is kind of like 3 and 5 but to a lesser extent
8 LOL. Produces a muscular Halibut
9. is the same as 8 but more uber
10. What does Sif really have to offer to Majestic? He needs to be plowing Jean Grey

I'd say it would either be 2 or 6, although I think a flying Hulk would be my favorite to see.

Marvel_Mystic

If they're anything like most musclebound roid freaks, it'll be more like tossing a toothpick in the grand canyon.

TheLordofMurder
Reed and Sue says: "Our boy would take a nasty dump over any other child in this thread!"

Happy Dance

"Id"
jean grey/orion: Omega level Mutant New God

h1a8
Originally posted by Raisen
1 is kind of redundant.
2 would be crazy powerful with the matter manip and supes powers.
3 would just be Hulk with the ability to fly, which would be great but not that impressive.
4 is kind of redundant also, Magneto has abilities similar to Sue's bubble in brain(Iron manip etc), not too impressed with 4. \
5 is similar to 3
6. Would be beastly. orion with tk and tp at that level is dangerous
7 is kind of like 3 and 5 but to a lesser extent
8 LOL. Produces a muscular Halibut
9. is the same as 8 but more uber
10. What does Sif really have to offer to Majestic? He needs to be plowing Jean Grey

I'd say it would either be 2 or 6, although I think a flying Hulk would be my favorite to see. Excellent analysis. But with 3. Hulk gets flash like speed (DD anyone) with hv and boost in intelligence. With 4. Rulk gets uber tp and tk along with his absorbing abilities. IMO 3 is better than 4 since hulk can go WB. But you undervalue them a little.

Imagine WBH hulk with Supes speed and flight and several times smarter than banner?

Raisen
Originally posted by h1a8
Excellent analysis. But with 3. Hulk gets flash like speed (DD anyone) with hv and boost in intelligence. With 4. Rulk gets uber tp and tk along with his absorbing abilities. IMO 3 is better than 4 since hulk can go WB. But you undervalue them a little.

Imagine WBH hulk with Supes speed and flight and several times smarter than banner?

Good points; I did undervalue 3 by quite a margin. However, I disagree with the drastic intelligence increase. There aren't many in comicdom more intelligent than Banner. Number 3 is now in the top three spot for me. I'm just not sure who edges out who.

psycho gundam
magneto and sue would give birth to jack kirby come at me

Mindset
psycho, what are you doing?

You know Bruce will see this as an invitation for sex.

psycho gundam
i'll be ready

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/budd_zps22e07273.gif

Mindset
Remember, he comes from behind.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/obiwan_zpsc1f99238.gif

Horrificus
Actually, I think Hulk and Thor would have a powerful baby. AND, they would probably get a reality tv show out of it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor Originally posted by Horrificus
powerful laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Sentry and Domino
Bob + the power of Pis

Horrificus
laughing out loud Thor would be the "Pitcher" of course.
Hulk would wear frilly dresses and wigs to keep Thor happy.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

h1a8
Originally posted by Raisen
Good points; I did undervalue 3 by quite a margin. However, I disagree with the drastic intelligence increase. There aren't many in comicdom more intelligent than Banner. Number 3 is now in the top three spot for me. I'm just not sure who edges out who.

I was thinking that Kyptonians are have greater brain power than humans. They can learn faster, remember better, etc. This added to Banner's own intellect would be insane. But then again, who says the child has to have Banner's intellect? At least the baby would be exceptional gifted but super genius if Banner decides to educate it with what he knows.

the ninjak
Ninjak smashes Gaia. Pour some water into the ground and go crazy!

The ultimate ninja is born. The most simple things in life are often the most complex. smile

Mindset
Ninjak is a ***** and a piece of shit.

Mindset
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor would be the "Pitcher" of course.
Hulk would wear frilly dresses and wigs to keep Thor happy.
roll eyes (sarcastic) Lol at anything that comes from Thor being powerful.

Newjak
I would pick either one or 2

Originally posted by h1a8
I was thinking that Kyptonians are have greater brain power than humans. They can learn faster, remember better, etc. This added to Banner's own intellect would be insane. But then again, who says the child has to have Banner's intellect? At least the baby would be exceptional gifted but super genius if Banner decides to educate it with what he knows. if you consider banner's children are like 4 years old but have the intellect of adults, I think they're going to be supergeniuses. then again, it's hard to disentagle the hulk and oldstrong contributuions to their development rates.

LordKaos
Superman/Sersi would not produce anything but a krytonian hybrid that most likely would be half human due to Eternals being offshoots of humans, and IRRC it takes two Eternals to create another, which would suggest the genes that make Eternals different than humans go dormant in cross breeding. Thenas children have powers because of their Deviant father, and Ceyote has a daughter with a human and the daughter is basically all human, powerless and old as hell with no signs of slowed aging or anything remotely Eternal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.