Shooting at Family Research Council headquarters in DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oliver North
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08/16/i-dont-like-your-politics-man-charged-in-conservative-group-hq-shooting-had-chick-fil-a-sandwiches-box-of-ammo/

some info on the shooter:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08/15/guard-shot-at-conservative-groups-office-in-washington/

Seems like this type of thing is happening really frequently... Anyone have any stats? Is this a blip? Is the media just paying more attention to it now?

Digi
Everything I've ever seen on crime rates suggest that there's been a steady decline across the board since they started collecting this data decades ago. Some of it has been per capita, not total, but other times in shows a decline in both, in numerous crime "areas." I think a large, large part of it is media, and social media/internet.

Unfortunately I don't have individual studies to reference off the top of my head, but it's probably google-able. I'd be happy to see more recent research on this as well.

However, I'm not sure such meta-analysis necessarily accounts for possible temporary spikes. It does seem like there's more these days. But individual homicides are not widely covered (unless there's a political angle like this story), so even the recent mass shootings likely don't add significantly to the overall murder and attack totals in the country.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
Everything I've ever seen on crime rates suggest that there's been a steady decline across the board since they started collecting this data decades ago. Some of it has been per capita, not total, but other times in shows a decline in both, in numerous crime "areas." I think a large, large part of it is media, and social media/internet.

Unfortunately I don't have individual studies to reference off the top of my head, but it's probably google-able. I'd be happy to see more recent research on this as well.

However, I'm not sure such meta-analysis necessarily accounts for possible temporary spikes. It does seem like there's more these days. But individual homicides are not widely covered (unless there's a political angle like this story), so even the recent mass shootings likely don't add significantly to the overall murder and attack totals in the country. http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/crimestats

Robtard

Mindset
No, you're free to agree with their opinion.

Ascendancy
Strange that he has a problem with Chick's and the Council's policies, yet has a bag of Chick-fil-a sandwiches. Are they that tasty? I personally don't think so.

Anyway, yet another case of someone who understands that his outburst will get him national attention and get his message out. I wish they would stop publicising these people's bio and beliefs this way as it's only fueling the attacks.

Robtard
It says he had 15 sandwiches, so I doubt he bought them to eat, probably planned on making some statement.

Darth Jello
The family research council and their allies the american family association are terrorist hate groups that also support and promote the kidnapping of children of gay couples, antisemitism and AIDS denialism.

So one crazy guy at a hate group headquarters wounds a security guard and it's a terrorist attack, but a hammerskin shoots up a temple and it isn't? and now the A3P is a civil rights group and the SPLC is a terrorist organization?

**** the media.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Jello
AIDS denialism.

Do they believe that an AIDS is created whenever one man butt****s another man?

Symmetric Chaos
I don't believe this story. Killing people to intimidate them is terrorism and only Muslims can be terrorists. Obviously the story came out of the Onion or something.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Robtard
Do they believe that an AIDS is created whenever one man butt****s another man?
AIDS Denialism is the belief that AIDS isn't caused by HIV. They publicly distribute information that AIDS is caused by chronic drug abuse and actively discourage contraception. Privately of course, they believe that AIDS is the cure to all their "undesirables". AIDS Denialism is causing widespread autogenocide across sub-saharan Africa.

dadudemon

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
If you add in that minorities get way more abortions that the white people, then you have another case for both the conservatards and the libtards being white supremacists.

SEE! Everyone is evil and hates brown people!

Unless the abortions are happening because liberals are giving out misleading information I'm not sure I see the parallel.

Darth Jello
He just wanted to flaunt his originality by using the suffix "-tard" on a message board.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Robtard
Do they believe that an AIDS is created whenever one man butt****s another man? I know someone who believed that was the case.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Unless the abortions are happening because liberals are giving out misleading information I'm not sure I see the parallel.

The way I said what I said was correct. If I were to reword you sentence to be representative of what I had said, it would read: "unless it can be shown that their policies and stances are having a disparate impact on minorities, I'm not sure I see a parallel".

And it has been shown to have a disparate impact on minorities.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I know someone who believed that was the case.

You know Pat Robertson?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.