Odin & Voidtry vs Zues & Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
No BFR
Go!

Cogito
Team 1

SamZED
Based on?

Sorry.. couldn't resist...

Cogito
Being more powerful

janus77
Zeus & Thanos ... cooler smile

Not sure how you differentiate between Odin and Zeus, feats alone seem inadequate when one is hardly ever featured and the other happens to be part of the furniture for one of Marvel's most popular characters.

PillarofOsiris
Zeus and Thanos win. While I think Odin MIGHT be more powerful than Zeus, Thanos is far above the Void, and once he finishes the Void, he will be able to tip the scales in favor of Zeus.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Zeus and Thanos win. While I think Odin MIGHT be more powerful than Zeus, Thanos is far above the Void, and once he finishes the Void, he will be able to tip the scales in favor of Zeus.
Based on what is Thanos far above the Void?

PillarofOsiris
I think Odin would have one-shot Void if he had been in Thanos's place, and Thanos has only seemed to grow more powerful since his fight with Odin. In the Thanos Imperative he was a beast. And I think if the heroes in Siege had dropped a Hellicarrier on his head, he would have been laughing afterwards, not crying in a crater. Not to mention Thanos laughs off Heralds like SS, who have proven incapable of hurting him, while Thor was able to kill Void. Even if Thanos had wanted to die, Thor couldn't have killed him. Thanos beats Void all day, every day.

Black bolt z
Team 2. Zues and Odin are roughly equal and Thanos can make quick work of void. And while thanos isn't going to do much, he can preoccupy Odin long enough for Zues to take the advantage.

bbrem123
I think Odin would have one-shot Void if he had been in Thanos's place, and Thanos has only seemed to grow more powerful since his fight with Odin. In the Thanos Imperative he was a beast. And I think if the heroes in Siege had dropped a Hellicarrier on his head, he would have been laughing afterwards, not crying in a crater. Not to mention Thanos laughs off Heralds like SS, who have proven incapable of hurting him, while Thor was able to kill Void. Even if Thanos had wanted to die, Thor couldn't have killed him. Thanos beats Void all day, every day. this is why you should not post^

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by bbrem123
this is why you should not post^

ur funny.

bbrem123
ur funny. thanks. thumb up

but for real. you make these statements and back them up with lowballing. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. The whole avengers team was getting destroyed by the void. And no way in hell can Thor straight up kill him. Void can come back from being atomized. Context man come now.

If you actually look at voids feats as a whole you will see that he makes top tier heralds shit there pants. So please stop with the lowballing. Anyone can make a character look out classed using your debate strategy.

The Sorrow
I think Odin would have one-shot Void if he had been in Thanos's place, and Thanos has only seemed to grow more powerful since his fight with Odin. In the Thanos Imperative he was a beast. And I think if the heroes in Siege had dropped a Hellicarrier on his head, he would have been laughing afterwards, not crying in a crater. Not to mention Thanos laughs off Heralds like SS, who have proven incapable of hurting him, while Thor was able to kill Void. Even if Thanos had wanted to die, Thor couldn't have killed him. Thanos beats Void all day, every day.
Similarly I could say Thanos has never beaten a comprehensive assortment of heralds un-amped as Void has or that the entirety of Sentry's power defeated MM and a CC has one-shotted Thanos on more than one occasion. Cherry-picking low showings mixed with circular logic isn't doing you any favours in giving your opinion much weight.

When has Thanos actually "laughed off" Silver Surfer? I don't think I've ever seen this and in TI he showed impressive TP resistance, I don't recall him showing too much else.

Void and Thanos' durability don't work the same, one reforms the other is a tank but neither can die, however I have never seen Void defeated unless Bob/Sentry willed him away. They are both firmly trans tier beings and looking at their feats offensively, imo Void outdoes Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Similarly I could say Thanos has never beaten a comprehensive assortment of heralds un-amped as Void has or that the entirety of Sentry's power defeated MM and a CC has one-shotted Thanos on more than one occasion. Cherry-picking low showings mixed with circular logic isn't doing you any favours in giving your opinion much weight.

When has Thanos actually "laughed off" Silver Surfer? I don't think I've ever seen this and in TI he showed impressive TP resistance, I don't recall him showing too much else.

Void and Thanos' durability don't work the same, one reforms the other is a tank but neither can die, however I have never seen Void defeated unless Bob/Sentry willed him away. They are both firmly trans tier beings and looking at their feats offensively, imo Void outdoes Thanos.

Do you read thanos at all? Thanos has LITERALLY laughed of a blast from surfer on numerous occasions. One blast in fact, surfer said he was pissed and going to let loose his power... It did nothing to Thanos.. not even move him. It only made him smile and ask if he was done.

PillarofOsiris
thanks. thumb up

but for real. you make these statements and back them up with lowballing. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. The whole avengers team was getting destroyed by the void. And no way in hell can Thor straight up kill him. Void can come back from being atomized. Context man come now.

If you actually look at voids feats as a whole you will see that he makes top tier heralds shit there pants. So please stop with the lowballing. Anyone can make a character look out classed using your debate strategy.

lol@ the Avengers team. Besides Thor who were the heavy hitters fighting Void? Iron Man in out dated armor?

bbrem123
lol@ the Avengers team. Besides Thor who were the heavy hitters fighting Void? Iron Man in out dated armor? So I was right you dont know shit about voids history. Lol@ you trying to lowball void while knowing nothing of the character.

bbrem123
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Do you read thanos at all? Thanos has LITERALLY laughed of a blast from surfer on numerous occasions. One blast in fact, surfer said he was pissed and going to let loose his power... It did nothing to Thanos.. not even move him. It only made him smile and ask if he was done. I agree with you for sure. But Void has no sold characters as well. Im just saying he is not as big of a pushover as some are trying to make him out to be.

PillarofOsiris
Similarly I could say Thanos has never beaten a comprehensive assortment of heralds un-amped as Void has.

I think you're one of the more rational debaters on this site, so don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to be a dick at all here, but I think you need to read some more Thanos showings. It's pretty common knowledge that he's laughed off the SS's best attacks. And he's absolutely owned multiple heralds at the same time while unamped MANY TIMES. And the teams Thanos has wrecked have been FAR more impressive than the team Void fought.

bbrem123
I think you're one of the more rational debaters on this site, so don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to be a dick at all here, but I think you need to read some more Thanos showings. It's pretty common knowledge that he's laughed off the SS's best attacks. And he's absolutely owned multiple heralds at the same time while unamped MANY TIMES. And the teams Thanos has wrecked have been FAR more impressive than the team Void fought. some what right. But wrong on the teams being more impressive. When has he owned multiple heralds? Im blanking out here on that one.

PillarofOsiris
To say Void is not on Thanos's level is not the same as saying he's a pushover. It's well known here that I'm a Superman fan, but he'd get wrecked by a barely trying Thanos also. If you want to say I'm lowballing Void because I think Thanos would absolutely wreck him, then fine.

bbrem123
To say Void is not on Thanos's level is not the same as saying he's a pushover. It's well known here that I'm a Superman fan, but he'd get wrecked by a barely trying Thanos also. If you want to say I'm lowballing Void because I think Thanos would absolutely wreck him, then fine. no you are lowballing him because you only using his worst showing and leaving out context. You might want to go read Sentry's first mini series. Cuz you dont really know what you are talking about.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Do you read thanos at all? Thanos has LITERALLY laughed of a blast from surfer on numerous occasions. One blast in fact, surfer said he was pissed and going to let loose his power... It did nothing to Thanos.. not even move him. It only made him smile and ask if he was done.
Talk about touchy, I asked a question get off my nuts. I have seen Surfer attack Thanos and he blocked it with a shield but not literally stand there laughing at his attacks. If what you say is true i'm sure you could post a scan? It's a simple request.

PillarofOsiris
no you are lowballing him because you only using his worst showing and leaving out context. You might want to go read Sentry's first mini series. Cuz you dont really know what you are talking about.
And you're just using his highest showings. He has high end feats that IMO are outliers and have no business being used. The MM feat is utterly useless. It's on the level of Spiderman beating Firelord, and I have no idea why most people don't get that. It's like me arguing Spiderman is a herald because he beat Firelord, and then someone else showing him getting his ass handed to him by Rhino and then saying the guy talking about the Rhino showing as lowballing Spiderman. Void is a low trans at best. Thanos is basically as high as a trans can get before being called a skyfather. (don't mistake me calling him a skyfather though).

bbrem123
And you're just using his highest showings. He has high end feats that IMO are outliers and have no business being used. The MM feat is utterly useless. It's on the level of Spiderman beating Firelord, and I have no idea why most people don't get that. It's like me arguing Spiderman is a herald because he beat Firelord, and then someone else showing him getting his ass handed to him by Rhino and then calling the talking about the Rhino showing as lowballing Spiderman. Void is a low trans at best. Thanos is basically as high as a trans can get before being called a skyfather. (don't mistake me calling him a skyfather though). I not using his highest haha I have not said one thing about MM this whole thread...like i said read up on the void before you debate against him...im not gonna waste my time when you know jack shit. He has very consistent showing. You just like to point out his worst.

He has made classic strange, thor and reed shit there pants on multiple occasions.

PillarofOsiris
I not using his highest haha...like i said read up on the void before you debate against him...im not gonna waste my time when you know jack shit. He has very consistent showing. You just like to point out his worst.

I don't know anything about the Void, but then you claim he has consistent showings? All I can say to that is :

laughing laughing laughing

PillarofOsiris

He has made classic strange, thor and reed shit there pants on multiple occasions.

Big deal. The Hulk made Reed and Strange sh** in their pants. And who hasn't beaten Thor in the last year? Is that supposed to be impressive? All these people have also been afraid of Thanos...far more so actually.

bbrem123
I don't know anything about the Void, but then you claim he has consistent showings? All I can say to that is :

laughing laughing laughing cuz the void is the sentry? you are a fool man. Everytime void has surfaced he has taken on multiple teams at once. Only to be beaten by the sentry. Which is himself. So stop trying so sound like you know what you are talk about.... cuz you doing the opposite and look like a complete fool. just saying.

Nihilist
Team 2 ftw.

Odin and Zeus are pretty much equals

Thanos just smiles at exploding hellicarriers whilst they rock Void

bbrem123
Big deal. The Hulk made Reed and Strange sh** in their pants. And who hasn't beaten Thor in the last year? Is that supposed to be impressive? All these people have also been afraid of Thanos...far more so actually. haha no...they were all fighting him at once along with manyyyy others including villains. Something thanos actually has not done. This is classic strange. Not current laughing God you really suck as this

bbrem123
Originally posted by Nihilist
Team 2 ftw.

Odin and Zeus are pretty much equals

Thanos just smiles at exploding hellicarriers whilst they rock Void lol oo Nihilist ur lucky thanos is my favorite character

PillarofOsiris
cuz the void is the sentry? you are a fool man. Everytime void has surfaced he has taken on multiple teams at once. Only to be beaten by the sentry. Which is himself. So stop trying so sound like you know what you are talk about.... cuz you doing the opposite and look like a complete fool. just saying.

This rant doesn't even make any sense. All you keep resorting to is saying I know nothing about Void, while avoiding making any actual arguments. So EVERYTIME Void has surfaced "he has taken on multiple teams at once"? Really? You sure you want to stand by that statement? And I thought I was the one who knew nothing about the Void...

PillarofOsiris
haha no...they were all fighting him at once along with manyyyy others including villains. Something thanos actually has not done. This is classic strange. Not current laughing God you really suck as this

Thanos vs the Revengers was far more impressive (as one example) than Void vs the Avengers (who's heaviest hitter was a WEAKENED, BEAT UP Thor). Also, while Thanos had help in that fight, he was still fighting multiple people at once and Void had AN ARMY ON HIS SIDE. Don't you remember the speech Ares gave to that massive army before the attack? So Void wasn't alone first of all. (oh, but by pointing that out, I guess I'm lowballing the Void now...I guess I should have pretended he fought a team of heralds by himself).

bbrem123
I can name 3 times when he has taken on multiple teams at once. He also beat MM one on one. Pretty consistent to me for the limited appearances he has.

keiththegreat
You have to be out of your mind to think the Void can beat Thanos.

bbrem123
never seen thanos do something like this
http://a.imageshack.us/img715/2196/60478751.jpg

bbrem123
Originally posted by keiththegreat
You have to be out of your mind to think the Void can beat Thanos. Never said he did...

keiththegreat
never seen thanos do something like this
http://a.imageshack.us/img715/2196/60478751.jpg

You're impressed by him fighting Wolverine, Spiderman, Luke Cage, Colossus, and Cyclops all at once?

keiththegreat
Never said he did...

That's what u seem to be arguing.

bbrem123

bbrem123
That's what u seem to be arguing. no im arguing that they have been lowballing the shit out of the void

The Sorrow
no im arguing that they have been lowballing the shit out of the void
thumb up

vince_slice
Talk about touchy, I asked a question get off my nuts. I have seen Surfer attack Thanos and he blocked it with a shield but not literally stand there laughing at his attacks. If what you say is true i'm sure you could post a scan? It's a simple request.
There's this, which is pretty famous.
http://i45.tinypic.com/35mjcle.jpg

There's also the time when Surfer blasts Thanos and he casually blocks it with his arm, and then proceeds to "kill" Surfer with a handful of punches.

armedforbattle
Im gonna go with team 1. With a slight majority 6/10

the ninjak
I would automatically say Team 1 10/10.
Due to a non-suicidal Sentry is unstoppable.

But Thanos can kill the unkillable.

A fascinating conundrum.

Diesldude
Team 2, Thanos kills the unkillables. Thanos can't die because mistress death doesn't want him to die, but since thanos is deaths avatar I am sure he can make death prevent Void from reforming.

janus77
Since when did Thanos get the power to "kill the unkillable"?

If you're thinking of TI, you really have either read it wrong or fallen for the Church of Thanos' PR BS.

SamZED
Lady Death has no say when it comes to Void. He pretty much ****s all over her rules.

Originally posted by janus77
Since when did Thanos get the power to "kill the unkillable"?

If you're thinking of TI, you really have either read it wrong or fallen for the Church of Thanos' PR BS. I actually HAVE fallen for that. So can you please tell me what actually happened? 'cause judging by some of the posts Thanos now can murder Spectre.

carver9
Pillar doesn't know what he is talking about. Void has fought teams, multiples of teams on more than one occasion and worked them without even noticing their attacks. Also, lol at Thanos withstanding Surfers attack. There are PLENTY of people, HERALDS, that has actually ignored Surfer attacking them. Hell, Thor and Hulk has powered through a full blast from Surfer and during one of these occasions, Surfer had help. Not impressed.

janus77
I'm not saying Sentry is as powerful as Thanos but, Thanos is not Death personified nor is he even a true avatar of Death (since Death dirties her hands plenty, in all dimensions).

He is merely her emissary-cum-errand-boy, occasionally also serving as her cosmic enema device.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by vince_slice
There's this, which is pretty famous.
http://i45.tinypic.com/35mjcle.jpg

There's also the time when Surfer blasts Thanos and he casually blocks it with his arm, and then proceeds to "kill" Surfer with a handful of punches.
Thanks. I remember a scene after this where Surfer exerts greater effort and Thanos actually blocks it. His less-than impressive showings against Thanos shouldn't collectively bring the entire tier down. Void has done similar things in the past with whole groups of heralds.

Point being they are both solidly in the trans tier and I don't see how one could say Thanos is far beyond Void considering their powersets and feats.

bbrem123
Originally posted by carver9
Pillar doesn't know what he is talking about. Void has fought teams, multiples of teams on more than one occasion and worked them without even noticing their attacks. Also, lol at Thanos withstanding Surfers attack. There are PLENTY of people, HERALDS, that has actually ignored Surfer attacking them. Hell, Thor and Hulk has powered through a full blast from Surfer and during one of these occasions, Surfer had help. Not impressed. thank you. thumb up

it was getting ridiculous how wrong Pillar was. Not even funny

the ninjak
Is there any proof of 616 entities killing MAOs whilst inside the Cancerverse besides Thanos?

Originally posted by SamZED
Lady Death has no say when it comes to Void. He pretty much ****s all over her rules.

Though feel I must agree. But we simply don't know if that's true.

vince_slice
Originally posted by SamZED

I actually HAVE fallen for that. So can you please tell me what actually happened? 'cause judging by some of the posts Thanos now can murder Spectre.

Who says Thanos can kill Spectre? His avatar of Death powers are simple. Anyone who Thanos can kill under his own power simply stay dead.

janus77
Originally posted by the ninjak
Is there any proof of 616 entities killing MAOs whilst inside the Cancerverse besides Thanos?

Though feel I must agree. But we simply don't know if that's true.
They couldn't, as far as I remember. The whole reason why the Cancerverse was the Cancerverse is because "Life" killed off that universe's Death. Without Death, life became over-abundant and stagnated and became cancerous... Nobody in the Cverse could die.

Thanos was the enema that injected the presence of Death into that Universe, thus instantly rendering all dead things, truly dead.

bbrem123
They couldn't, as far as I remember. The whole reason why the Cancerverse was the Cancerverse is because "Life" killed off that universe's Death. Without Death, life became over-abundant and stagnated and became cancerous... Nobody in the Cverse could die.

Thanos was the enema that injected the presence of Death into that Universe, thus instantly rendering all dead things, truly dead. which would mean nothing to void because he already live in a universe where death exists.

carver9
which would mean nothing to void because he already live in a universe where death exists.

Exactly.

keiththegreat
thank you. thumb up

laughing You're patting yourself on the back because Carver agrees with you? LOL! It probably means you're wrong.

keiththegreat
Pillar doesn't know what he is talking about. Void has fought teams, multiples of teams on more than one occasion and worked them without even noticing their attacks. Also, lol at Thanos withstanding Surfers attack. There are PLENTY of people, HERALDS, that has actually ignored Surfer attacking them. Hell, Thor and Hulk has powered through a full blast from Surfer and during one of these occasions, Surfer had help. Not impressed.

You like to lie. Where did Pillar say Void never fought any teams?

the ninjak
Great so now we have to look at KMC rules of KO.

If Voidtry or Thanos get destroyed, but we know they can just come back does it count as KO?

Thanos reamerges from where he was killed. But Sentry can reform anywhere.

janus77
which would mean nothing to void because he already live in a universe where death exists.
Not disagreeing, though I don't truly know what the upper limits of Sentry are, I know he's able to reform and disperse Molecule Man, so I don't imagine Thanos having an easy time of it at all.

I'm not even sure if Thanos is still kicked out of the house by Death or not. Obviously if Death still doesn't want to take him back, then nobody can kill him...

bbrem123
laughing You're patting yourself on the back because Carver agrees with you? LOL! It probably means you're wrong. please kid you dont even debate. So run along and play with your action figures.

janus77
laughing You're patting yourself on the back because Carver agrees with you? LOL! It probably means you're wrong.
By the same token, you typing anything is usually a sign that you've said something wrong smile.

bbrem123
Not disagreeing, though I don't truly know what the upper limits of Sentry are, I know he's able to reform and disperse Molecule Man, so I don't imagine Thanos having an easy time of it at all.

I'm not even sure if Thanos is still kicked out of the house by Death or not. Obviously if Death still doesn't want to take him back, then nobody can kill him... true true

PillarofOsiris
thank you. thumb up

lol. You're a complete buffoon. You don't even know WHAT you were arguing for. I said Thanos could beat the Void, and then you started throwing a hissy fit about me "lowballing" him because I think Thanos is more powerful. Then you back pedal and say Thanos would beat him. Make up your mind, you're making a bigger fool out of yourself than carver normally does.

That's what I love about some of the cry babies here, you bring up low showings when someone starts making a character out to be GOD, and then they start crying because you're "lowballing". But it's perfectly okay to rest your entire case on 2 or 3 REALLY HIGH END outlier showings for a character.

Like I said, Void is a low end trans (at best). Thanos is a high end trans. There should be no debate about that. Thanos would own Void.

bbrem123
lol. You're a complete buffoon. You don't even know WHAT you were arguing for. I said Thanos could beat the Void, and then you started throwing a hissy fit about me "lowballing" him because I don't think I think Thanos is more powerful. Then you back pedal and say Thanos would beat him. Make up your mind, you're making a bigger fool out of yourself than carver normally does.

That's what I love about some of the cry babies here, you bring up low showings when someone starts making a character out to be GOD, and then they start crying because you're "lowballing". But it's perfectly okay to rest your entire case on 2 or 3 REALLY HIGH END outlier showings for a character.

Like I said, Void is a low end trans (at best). Thanos is a high end trans. There should be no debate about that. Thanos would own Void. I didnt say anyone would win...Im just stating that you lowball void and that they are closer in power then you make them out to be.

You pretty much dont know what the hell you are talking about. Which many here agree.

carver9
lol. You're a complete buffoon. You don't even know WHAT you were arguing for. I said Thanos could beat the Void, and then you started throwing a hissy fit about me "lowballing" him because I think Thanos is more powerful. Then you back pedal and say Thanos would beat him. Make up your mind, you're making a bigger fool out of yourself than carver normally does.

Like I said, Void is a low end trans (at best). Thanos is a high end trans. There should be no debate about that. Thanos would own Void.

So low trans rip through teams of Heralds.?

PillarofOsiris

You pretty much dont know what the hell you are talking about. Which many here agree.

You really need to get some new material

Lol@ you trying to lowball void while knowing nothing of the character.

Cuz you dont really know what you are talking about.

im not gonna waste my time when you know jack shit.

So stop trying so sound like you know what you are talk about.... cuz you doing the opposite and look like a complete fool. just saying.

I was wrong, you're even worse than carver, at least he actually tries to debate before going into insults, rather than immediately resorting to insults.

PillarofOsiris
Some advice, try an actual argument. "You don't know what you're talking about", isn't really that convincing, especially when you keep flip-flopping your stance, and you're the one you seems not to know too much about the Void.

PillarofOsiris
So low trans rip through teams of Heralds.?

Not as easy as skyfathers like WBH do. Stick to debating about the Hulk, you're out of your depth here.

bbrem123
Some advice, try an actual argument. "You don't know what you're talking about", isn't really that convincing, especially when you keep flip-flopping your stance, and you're the one you seems not to know too much about the Void. so your argument is saying that I repeat myself? Nicethumb up Im just trying to get it through to you. But I guess that will never work cuz you are obviously not brightest of posters on this forum.

You just cant prove me wrong. Concession excepted.

PillarofOsiris
so your argument is saying that I repeat myself? Nicethumb up Im just trying to get it through to you. But I guess that will never work cuz you are obviously not brightest of posters on this forum.

You just cant prove me wrong. Concession excepted.

Can't prove you wrong? You haven't made one valid point this entire thread. You ran away until carver started cheerleading for you. My argument hasn't changed, yours has. I said team Zeus wins because while Odin and Zeus are roughly equals, Thanos is more powerful than the Void (which you seem to disagree with, then agree with, then disagree with). You don't even have a point for me to concede to. You're only point is that I know nothing. Fair enough. You win. You're too good of a debater for me. laughing

bbrem123
You win. You're too good of a debater for me. Thanks chump

PillarofOsiris
Thanks chump

No problem, kid. You deserved it.

carver9
Why is Thanos more powerful than Void? Void has a better track record imo against teams and he defeated a cc being at his own game. What puts Thanos above Void?

iceman24567
Eh didn't Thanos just stomp the avengers in like 3 panels? Hasn't Thanos already defeated a CC being?

Nihilist
Originally posted by iceman24567
Eh didn't Thanos just stomp the avengers in like 3 panels? Hasn't Thanos already defeated a CC being? Yeah , its just Carter cheery picking again.

Maker was a cube being said to have the power to reverse the crunch energies back on itself, though she was in a mortal vulnerable form...just like Owens form when Void beat him.

It looks like most didnt understand Thanos Imperative as it stated Thanos was directly powered by her, in other words he was a extension of death.

Colossus-Big C
Pak OUTRIGHT stated that zeus would beat the living sh*t out of void sentry and kill him when asked about what would happen if void invaded asgard.
And void is very powerful in his own right.

Think of it like this

Odin Vs Thanos...thanos can definitly hold his own or atleast last a while against thanos untill zeus beats void and they double team odin

Zeus Vs Void...zeus turns void into a constellation or something (see incredible herc)

carver9
Zeus and Odin should outright stomp anyone in this thread...not just Void.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.