Weakest character to beat Broly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Who's the weakest character in DBZ that can beat Legendary status Broly?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25600000/broly-broly-the-legendary-super-saiyan-25695401-490-368.jpg

juggerman
Vegeta as SSJ2 or Majin Vegeta.

Gecko4lif
Goku

juggerman
Yeah i guess Goku in the 1st Broly movie was technically the weakest

Damborgson
pshh that was major pis. He gets the crap kicked out of him by Broly despite having everyones power added onto his own, but Vegeta gives his power and now he's so stronger Broly becomes a one shot? lame.

juggerman
Maybe because Vegeta was the only other Full Blooded Saiyan so his energy was more of a boost?

Damborgson
*shrug*

juggerman
Yeah that was really stupid. But after Broly returned the weakest guy that could beat him one on one without plot would be either SSJ2 Vegeta or Majin Vegeta

Based
End of DBZ, SSJ Goku.

BloodRain
The whole giving energy thing.. wonder how the Cell and Buu saga would have gone if they could use it in canon.

Zack Fair
Dabura.

Damborgson
Originally posted by BloodRain
The whole giving energy thing.. wonder how the Cell and Buu saga would have gone if they could use it in canon.

Or if they had kept Kaio ken. I don't think it was ever mentioned again after Goku became a super saiyan.

BloodRain
Sadly Kaio Ken was Piccolo'd and forgotten.

Vegeta and others giving their power to a SS3 Goku with Kaio Ken 20 on. Have fun Super Buu.

Damborgson
laughing out loud pretty much.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Damborgson
Or if they had kept Kaio ken. I don't think it was ever mentioned again after Goku became a super saiyan. Goku used it when fighting Pikkon. other than that..yeah good riddance.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Goku used it when fighting Pikkon. other than that..yeah good riddance.
Ah. Never liked Pikkon....Piccolo wannabe.

BloodRain
Goof riddance?

carver9
Pikkon was a beast and he would have defeated Goku if it wasn't for instant transmission.

Damborgson
Still don't like him. Only room for one green guy on the show for me.

http://accel11.mettre-put-idata.over-blog.com/0/04/74/81/piccolo006_1_.jpg

Zack Fair
Agreed. Piccolo is the #1 green guy, but Pikkon was cool. I hate how Toriyama wanked the shit out of the Saiya-jins ~_~;

Damborgson
For real. Yamcha might've sucked but I would've liked to see him more. Tien too...

Ridley_Prime
I remember Pikkon being wanked for awhile by some I know because he cheapshotted Cell. Was still pretty cool though how he handled him and the other villains in hell/HFIL.

deathcon27
i think the weakest character able to beat broly would be android 16. lol pikkon couldnt break a jellybean lol they overated him when they showed himebeating everyone in hell. a few episodes later u got goku surpassing him in ssj lol but back to the main point android 16 could take on cell who at the time had surpassed both androids and the androids could one hit ko a ssj, not even broly could do that he came close but still couldnt also another things is goku with everyones power from the first movie didnt actually beat broly because broly escaped

juggerman
The Saiyans were stronger during the Broly movie then they were when Cell took on 16 tho. Since Gohan could go SSJ in the movie it had to take place after his training in the time chamber which of course we all know at this point Gohan surpassed Goku who was a match for Perfect Cell.

Based
Originally posted by juggerman
The Saiyans were stronger during the Broly movie then they were when Cell took on 16 tho. Since Gohan could go SSJ in the movie it had to take place after his training in the time chamber which of course we all know at this point Gohan surpassed Goku who was a match for Perfect Cell.

No they're not, they are vastly weaker.

Cell doesn't exist in Movie 8's timeline. In the manga, entire cities were abandoned and closed down because of the fear of Cell. if Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, Vegeta AND Trunks finished their ROSAT training the Cell Games would at least take place in 5 or 6 days.

Yet Movie 8's opener begins with ChiChi and Goku nonchalantly being interviewed at a school for Gohan. It's a sign that it's in a separate universe. Aka non canon.

If movie 8 Gohan = Cell Games Gohan then Gohan wouldn't get owned in 3 seconds by Broly. Gohan > Goku yet Gohan goes down easily with Goku being able to stay conscious.

And consider that Piccolo was able to tank more shots than Vegeta in this movie. Cell said that only Vegeta and Trunks could handle to Cell Jrs during the Cell Games meaning Piccolo should be a lot weaker.

Instead Vegeta gets LITERALLY one shotted while Piccolo takes Broly hits and stays alive.

Goku and Gohan are not MSSJ's in this movie. Trunks and Vegeta are considerably below them.

Therefore any SSJ2 level characters wtfpwns Broly.

Zack Fair
And this is why the movies suck uhuh

cdtm
Akkuman? In the manga, his attack destroyed the target with its own negative energies.

Brolly is pretty evil, after all.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Zack Fair
And this is why the movies suck uhuh

Bio Broly was awful.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/b/b7/Bio-broly_56465.jpg

^ that doesn't look cool.

Ridley_Prime
The only thing I might've liked about the Bio-Broly movie was briefly seeing Android 18 fight again. Other than that, it was just another Goten and Trunks wankfest.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The only thing I might've liked about the Bio-Broly movie was briefly seeing Android 18 fight again. Other than that, it was just another Goten and Trunks wankfest.

O_o Another?

The day is pretty much always saved by either Goku or Gohan. Bio Brolly is one of the few movies where secondary characters (Including #18!) got to play main character.

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud I guess I'm just still disappointed that a couple relatively minor kid super saiyans got a lot more screentime than badasses like Piccolo in not only the whole Buu arc, but the filler sagas and movies that were after the Cell Games as well. And 18 I would hardly call a main character for even that movie.

juggerman
This doesn't even make sense. How would they be weaker when Gohan could go SSJ and he could not when Cell went up against 16? And before Gohan could turn SSJ Vegeta and Trunks were no match for the Androids yet after Gohan could Vegeta and Trunks were rage stomping 2nd Form Cell.

Broly movie took place in two days iirc. They had more than enough time finish him and fight Cell

In the anime during the 10 day wait Goku and company did alot of BSing so it's not outta the realm that ChiChi made him sign Gohan up for school. I know it isn't cannon but that doesn't mean this non cannon story could not have been set during the 10 days before the Cell Games

Just because Gohan was superior to Goku doesn't mean he was superior to Broly. And you forget Goku has more of a warrior spirit than Gohan. SSJ Goku did much better against Cell than SSJ Gohan because Gohan didn't wanna fight. He also thought his father was better than him so he clearly didn't grasp the depth of his power. Gohan is one of theose guys that could lose a fight simply because he belives the other guy is superior even tho he may not be.

Also remember Gohan didn't really try to fight Broly at 1st. Goku made him run away. Then Broly caught him and one shotted him. Then later Gohan fought for awhile but fell like the rest. Goku (whose fighting spirit is much greater than Gohan's) was the only one to continue. Also he is the poster boy so i wouldn't read to much into that. And seeing as how Gohan was supposed to carry the tourch after Goku died yet needed Goku to coach him thru beating Cell shows that they really don't like Goku playing 2nd fiddle.

Broly was also doing alot of toying around. In the beginning he took everyone down with just a few hits. Once they were revived they took ALOT more punishment before going down. Vegeta got KO'd proably because he ticked Broly off by saying he was the prince so Broly was below him. Broly then showed Vegeta who was below whom. He probably hit Vegeta harder than the others for that comment and for the fact that Vegeta's dad tried to have him killed. He didn't seem to toy with Vegeta like the others

Adult Gohan was SSJ2 and got his ass beat. I know he was weaker than his Cell busting days but he was still stronger than any of the guys who fought Cell incuding himself until he went SSJ2 which means Broly would be above them as well since he dog walked Gohan so easily

Based
Originally posted by juggerman
This doesn't even make sense. How would they be weaker when Gohan could go SSJ and he could not when Cell went up against 16? And before Gohan could turn SSJ Vegeta and Trunks were no match for the Androids yet after Gohan could Vegeta and Trunks were rage stomping 2nd Form Cell.

Did you not see above? It's a non canon separate universe. Anything Cell related cannot apply because it cannot fit canoncially.

Did you also nto see above? The entire world was closed down, the movie contradicted it. It's NOT THE SAME UNIVERSE.

It blatantly contradicts the manga. And logic. Entire cities were closed down because of Cell and the Z fighters are having a picnic while ChiChi is getting Gohan ready for school? What sense does that make. Movies are in a separate timeline. Where does the Fusion Movie take place then?

I didn't say Gohan > Broly I said that Cell Games characters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Movie 8.

Gohan was motivated to fight Broly so you can't use that excuse. Tanking shots has more to do with strength than motivation which Gohan clearly lacked.

And what makes this all kind of moot is that Piccolo does a better job than Vegeta. Which the obvious conclusion is that movie 8 characters are weaker than Cell Games.

No he didn't, he was staying alive in base form. The SSJ kids stayed alive during the movie and VIDEL of all people tanked a Broly shot.

Gohan at this point is the lowest SSJ2 tier. Super Perfect Cell would trash him too.

stargun
Broly can beat everyone in the canon Dragonball manga. Anime and movie versions are a different story however.

cdtm
You have to go exotic. Ginyu body swap, Devilmite Beam, and the Golden Hold are a few of the techs I could see maybe beating him..

stargun
Broly was able to react and shield himself against a beam that sent him flying into the Sun in a matter of seconds, no one in the DB manga has the speed to get around him and pull off whatever hax they may have before he makes his own move.

juggerman
So? Because it is not cannon means Cell cannot exist? Maybe in this reality the world isn't as afraid. Perhaps they truly believe Mr. Satan will defeat the villian so the yare not panicing. Or maybe they are just fed up with being scared at ever lil threat to their world.

You've clearly come to the conclusion that this is another universe so if that's the case then it is possible that everything is the same except them all living in fear.

There is never any known timeline that Gohan can go SSJ but is weaker than Goku as a teen after their time chamber training. And after said training Vegeta and Trunks are uber strong as well. The time rame for this movie is during the 10 days. The fact that the event is non canon doesn't erase the power set of these guys

Ok my bad. Still wrong tho

He wasn't at first tho. And after he was revived he was thrashed just like everyone else. And he didn't tank anything he was easily put down by a toying around Broly. And him not getting back up and fighting like Goku did is the motivation part

brb

juggerman
Ok im back.

Piccolo does a better job when Broly is clearly just playing around with them. He put Goku Gohan and Trunks down easily before Piccolo showed up. So why is it so crazy that he put down Vegeta easily? He clearly had the power to.

When he wanted the Z Fighters down they went down. No reason to think Vegeta shouldn't fall in line. Piccolo didn't survive the serious onslaught Broly unleashed at 1st so him surviving Broly going easy is not impressive

He was not staying alive in base form what movie were you watching? He deflected an attack and put up a shield in base form then quickly transformed. The fight took place transformed. And Broly was jobbing in the beginning for comic relief.

Agreed but he was still stronger than himself at SSJ as a teen which was still superior to everyone else there besides Cell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.