Zeus Vs SHAZAM (W/ROE)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
SHAZAM is in Rock of Eternity. Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/227017-3145-zeus_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27444/764120-0011_b_large.jpg

Harbinger
http://arabisten.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/gaddafi_facepalm.jpg

Golgo13
Is Zeus not mighty enough? shifty

JakeTheBank
Shazam.

Pretty much the only way he'll beat Zeus is in the RoE, though. In Olympus or in neutral ground, he's getting his ass kicked.

abhilegend
Shazam and no he's not getting his ass kicked anywhere by zeus.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, he is.

Shazam is decidedly less impressive out of the RoE than inside of it where he can prep and call upon various artifacts to amplify his power. He doesn't have the feats to contend with someone like Zeus in Zeus' own backyard or in a neutral environment. It's not a spite stomp, but it's not a fight the wizard can win.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, he is.

Shazam is decidedly less impressive out of the RoE than inside of it where he can prep and call upon various artifacts to amplify his power. He doesn't have the feats to contend with someone like Zeus in Zeus' own backyard or in a neutral environment. It's not a spite stomp, but it's not a fight the wizard can win.
Tell me about those less impressive showings. He might not have so many showings, but he isn't with low showings like zeus too like two random titans beating him and crucifying him in Olympus whom herc and thing were beating later or a random giant owning him with a spear or Monica Ramabeau putting a hurting on him etc. Anyway zeus isn't beating shazam's ass in any case.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Tell me about those less impressive showings. He might not have so many showings, but he isn't with low showings like zeus too like two random titans beating him and crucifying him in Olympus whom herc and thing were beating later or a random giant owning him with a spear or Monica Ramabeau putting a hurting on him etc. Anyway zeus isn't beating shazam's ass in any case.

Nothing Shazam ever did outside of the RoE matches the shit he did in DoV versus the Spectre. That's not lowballing - which you're doing to Zeus via your examples rather obviously - but rather fact. At best, Shazam is a Low/Mid Skyfather normally. Inside his realm of power with artifacts to amp off of and time to prepare, he's significantly more powerful, obviously, which is why he wins this thread via the OP.

Yes, Zeus does beat up Shazam. Not easily, but the end result is the Wizard getting his ass kicked by the Lord of Olympus.

abhilegend
Nothing Shazam ever did outside of the RoE matches the shit he did in DoV versus the Spectre. That's not lowballing - which you're doing to Zeus via your examples rather obviously - but rather fact. At best, Shazam is a Low/Mid Skyfather normally. Inside his realm of power with artifacts to amp off of and time to prepare, he's significantly more powerful, obviously, which is why he wins this thread via the OP.

Yes, Zeus does beat up Shazam. Not easily, but the end result is the Wizard getting his ass kicked by the Lord of Olympus.
He doesn't need to go to that level to beat zeus. What you are forgetting that shazam pretty much used all his amp in blasting and releasing mordru and that was a highly weakened shazam who beat spectre which tells us how powerful he's at base level. Not to mention there is likely no mention of him weakened outside ROE besides a single comment from king marvel which doesn't apply to him. He summoned a hostless spectre on a whim, beaten blaze in her own domain and stuff like that. Compared to that what has zeus done? Beaten hulk or dropped galactus while heavily amped by chaos king by a writer who absolutely hates galactus? In ROE shazam kicks his ass and that's it.

JakeTheBank
He doesn't need to go to that level to beat zeus. What you are forgetting that shazam pretty much used all his amp in blasting and releasing mordru and that was a highly weakened shazam who beat spectre which tells us how powerful he's at base level. Not to mention there is likely no mention of him weakened outside ROE besides a single comment from king marvel which doesn't apply to him. He summoned a hostless spectre on a whim, beaten blaze in her own domain and stuff like that. Compared to that what has zeus done? Beaten hulk or dropped galactus while heavily amped by chaos king by a writer who absolutely hates galactus? In ROE shazam kicks his ass and that's it.

Mordru restored Shazam's energy as a "gift", so moot point.

Never said Shazam was weakened outside of the RoE, but rather inside of it, he's grossly powered up as he's within his realm of power and able to call upon its energies. Pretty clear distinction. Summoning Spectre isn't a power feat in terms of what's capable in combat. Zatanna can summon Spectre; doesn't mean she can beat skyfathers reliably one on one. Blaze is his daughter and of his cursed bloodline. Zeus would beat her, too. Also curious as to what "stuff like that" constitutes as.

He beat the shit out of Hulk with his bare hands while holding back, which like it or not, is a pretty damn good physical feat. The best I've seen from Shazam in a physical contest is wrestling the Three Faces of Evil while within the RoE where he's at his most powerful, not something beyond the likes of Zeus. Not sure why you feel the need to cry foul over an amped Zeus punching Galactus. Certainly not out of the norm for someone like Zeus as High Heralds have the ability to stagger Galactus given the chance. Also not sure where you get "heavily amped" by a "writer who hates Galactus" from.

Yes, Shazam in the RoE wins as it gives him a huge advantage. Take that advantage away and Shazam loses in a big way. Not sure what's hard to get about that outside of purposefully not wanting to get it.

Delta1938
Shazam.

Pretty much the only way he'll beat Zeus is in the RoE, though. In Olympus or in neutral ground, he's getting his ass kicked.

Yeah, he is.

Yes, Shazam in the RoE wins as it gives him a huge advantage. Take that advantage away and Shazam loses in a big way. Not sure what's hard to get about that outside of purposefully not wanting to get it.

Contradictory statements are contradictory.

JakeTheBank
baka

How are they contradictory?

You can get your ass kicked even if you yourself are putting up a valiant effort, which Shazam will obviously do. Not sure who told you otherwise.

Shazam putting up a fight doesn't mean Zeus won't ultimately kick his ass, though.

Uriel005

Never said Shazam was weakened outside of the RoE, but rather inside of it, he's grossly powered up as he's within his realm of power and able to call upon its energies. Pretty clear distinction. Summoning Spectre isn't a power feat in terms of what's capable in combat. Zatanna can summon Spectre; doesn't mean she can beat skyfathers reliably one on one. Blaze is his daughter and of his cursed bloodline. Zeus would beat her, too. Also curious as to what "stuff like that" constitutes as.

He beat the shit out of Hulk with his bare hands while holding back, which like it or not, is a pretty damn good physical feat. The best I've seen from Shazam in a physical contest is wrestling the Three Faces of Evil while within the RoE where he's at his most powerful, not something beyond the likes of Zeus. Not sure why you feel the need to cry foul over an amped Zeus punching Galactus. Certainly not out of the norm for someone like Zeus as High Heralds have the ability to stagger Galactus given the chance. Also not sure where you get "heavily amped" by a "writer who hates Galactus" from.

Yes, Shazam in the RoE wins as it gives him a huge advantage. Take that advantage away and Shazam loses in a big way. Not sure what's hard to get about that outside of purposefully not wanting to get it. he gets weaker the longer he is away from the RoE....

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Uriel005
he gets weaker the longer he is away from the RoE....

After ascending to "godhood" via his trip to New Genesis, I was under the impression he wasn't bound by this limitation. I know in some stories, Shazam is basically a ghost who can't leave unless under dire circumstances, though.

Lord Marvel couldn't be away from the RoE for more than 24 hours, though.

Delta1938
baka

How are they contradictory?

You can get your ass kicked even if you yourself are putting up a valiant effort, which Shazam will obviously do. Not sure who told you otherwise.

Shazam putting up a fight doesn't mean Zeus won't ultimately kick his ass, though.

I simply don't see "not easily but wins" and "ass-kicking" as being anything but contradictory when referring to the same fight.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Delta1938
I simply don't see "not easily but wins" and "ass-kicking" as being anything but contradictory when referring to the same fight.

It's a fight in which Zeus will have to put in some effort, but in the end, will kick Shazam's ass (neutral setting or in Olympus, of course).

Really not hard to grasp.

Silva vs. Sonnen wasn't an easy fight for Silva, but in the end, Silva totally kicked Sonnen's ass.

Delta1938
It's a fight in which Zeus will have to put in some effort, but in the end, will kick Shazam's ass (neutral setting or in Olympus, of course).

Really not hard to grasp.

Silva vs. Sonnen wasn't an easy fight for Silva, but in the end, Silva totally kicked Sonnen's ass.

No, Silva was getting his ass kicked for about 4 and a half rounds before finally pulling-off a triangle after multiple attempts. Causing someone to tap-out after being completely controlled for 20something minutes isn't exactly kicking their ass.

And I say this with Silva probably being my favorite fighter.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Delta1938
No, Silva was getting his ass kicked for about 4 and a half rounds before finally pulling-off a triangle after multiple attempts. Causing someone to tap-out after being completely controlled for 20something minutes isn't exactly kicking their ass.

And I say this with Silva probably being my favorite fighter.

You talking about Match 1 or Match 2?

Delta1938
You talking about Match 1 or Match 2?

First. I haven't seen the rematch yet. sad My brother in-law is the only personal, "real-life" friend I have who's into MMA, and for whatever reason I never get invited when they host or go to UFC parties. miffed mad

EDIT: Wait WTF?!?!?! Either that Silva won by submission or tapped Sonnen out should've been enough to scream at you which fight I was referring to. blink

abhilegend

Mordru didn't restored shazam's power. He just restored the damage shazam did to ROE
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/mordru5.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/mordru6.jpg

Context, jake. When zatanna did that not even phantom stranger and several other mages could do that. That's a high end feat for Zee when she summoned a bound spectre, shazam did it effortlessely. Nope, that's just an excuse that he beat her because she is his daughter. She was the ruler of hell at that time and would beat zeus as well. This isn't going to be a physical fight and he is stronger than blaze who choked black adam with one hand. Pak hates galactus and most of galactus' recent low feats come from him. Heck, denizens of negative zone had upper hand on him in chaos war where all he did was stand still and held open a portal.
You still haven't given any reason to why zeus kicks shazam's ass other than "He gets weaker outside ROE except I've no proof of it". Have any proof that he can't access his energies outside ROE or any low showing? Abscense of proof isn't proof of abscense.

JakeTheBank
Mordru didn't restored shazam's power. He just restored the damage shazam did to ROE
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/mordru5.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/mordru6.jpg

Context, jake. When zatanna did that not even phantom stranger and several other mages could do that. That's a high end feat for Zee when she summoned a bound spectre, shazam did it effortlessely. Nope, that's just an excuse that he beat her because she is his daughter. She was the ruler of hell at that time and would beat zeus as well. This isn't going to be a physical fight and he is stronger than blaze who choked black adam with one hand. Pak hates galactus and most of galactus' recent low feats come from him. Heck, denizens of negative zone had upper hand on him in chaos war where all he did was stand still and held open a portal.
You still haven't given any reason to why zeus kicks shazam's ass other than "He gets weaker outside ROE except I've no proof of it". Have any proof that he can't access his energies outside ROE or any low showing? Abscense of proof isn't proof of abscense.

...which seeing as the RoE is the source and place of his power, gave Shazam more of a chance against Spectre than he would have had without Mordru's involvement. So, again, moot point as it's clear Mordru's actions were beneficial to Shazam.

Lol @ pointing out context and accusing me of making excuses though. That's a good one. Superman's one upped Blaze in her realm so I'm not sure why I should think Shazam doing the same thing to his daughter whom he's clearly more powerful than means that Shazam would beat Zeus. You brought up Zeus beating up Hulk and in the same breath dismissed it, presumably because physically beating up Hulk isn't a good feat in your eyes. If that is the case, that's a ridiculous stance to take as is the notion that physicality won't play a role in the fight at all.

Zeus punching Galactus isn't a low feat, nor was Zeus "highly amped" as you claim. Not sure what the point was by bringing that up.

Don't put words in my mouth, especially when I actually said on record that I don't believe Shazam gets weaker outside of the RoE and even challenged the claim Uriel made to the contrary. This isn't the first time you've done it, either, and my patience is wearing thin on the matter.

WTF? The only reason why Shazam fared as well as he did against Spectre was because he was prepared for him and was actively siphoning energy from the RoE. erm

Why should I prove that Shazam can't amp from the RoE when he's not inside of it when it's clear as day that being inside of the RoE was what made Shazam so powerful to begin with against Spectre in the first place?

abhilegend
...which seeing as the RoE is the source and place of his power, gave Shazam more of a chance against Spectre than he would have had without Mordru's involvement. So, again, moot point as it's clear Mordru's actions were beneficial to Shazam.

Lol @ pointing out context and accusing me of making excuses though. That's a good one. Superman's one upped Blaze in her realm so I'm not sure why I should think Shazam doing the same thing to his daughter whom he's clearly more powerful than means that Shazam would beat Zeus. You brought up Zeus beating up Hulk and in the same breath dismissed it, presumably because physically beating up Hulk isn't a good feat in your eyes. If that is the case, that's a ridiculous stance to take as is the notion that physicality won't play a role in the fight at all.

Zeus punching Galactus isn't a low feat, nor was Zeus "highly amped" as you claim. Not sure what the point was by bringing that up.

Don't put words in my mouth, especially when I actually said on record that I don't believe Shazam gets weaker outside of the RoE and even challenged the claim Uriel made to the contrary. This isn't the first time you've done it, either, and my patience is wearing thin on the matter.

WTF? The only reason why Shazam fared as well as he did against Spectre was because he was prepared for him and was actively siphoning energy from the RoE. erm

Why should I prove that Shazam can't amp from the RoE when he's not inside of it when it's clear as day that being inside of the RoE was what made Shazam so powerful to begin with against Spectre in the first place?
Which didn't even alluded as restoring his amp as noted by shazam in the fight. Stop grasping at straws.

So superman beats her and she is somehow weaker due to it? Nice lowballing jake. I could use it in future references. Anyway beating the sole ruler of hell in hell is no small task despite what you think and where did you pulled this "He's her father so he must be more powerful" crap?

Skyfathers especially wizards don't brawl in character and zeus isn't as strong on average as he was in IH 622. That was him focusing his power in physical means and beating the tar out of hulk. When he isn't amping himself hercules and thor both have hanged with him. On average he isn't stronger than shazam.

It isn't anything mentionable either. Zeus had hundreds of god in him at that moment, how's that not a huge amp? That was a hungry galactus to boot.

I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just asking how's zeus kicking shazam's ass when he's not weaker outside ROE. He's a skyfather anywhere not just in ROE.

Again his amp was lost after the attack on mordru. That was made perfectly clear. That was a weakened shazam against spectre. Stop grasping at straws.

I ask you to prove your claim that zeus would kick shazam's ass outside ROE when a weakened shazam can beat spectre and he doesn't gets weaker outside ROE. You have done nothing but gave your opinion about it. How about some proof to prove your claim?

Colossus-Big C
Heavenly amped by chaos king? Were did you get that? The writer said he was slighty amped

How does slighty amped= heavenly amped?

Just because chaos king was possesing him does not mean he was as powerful as chaos king.

Especially after the writer said it was not a huge amp

Batman-Prime
Shazam, beyond the ROE they are about equals imo.

quanchi112
Zeus wins. Shazam is overrated. Mordru punked him in his own realm.

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud
Lying again so soon after returning, eh?

quanchi112
laughing out loud
Lying again so soon after returning, eh? Mordru did play him out. He fizzled out releasing Mordru like an idiot.

abhilegend
Mordru did play him out. He fizzled out releasing Mordru like an idiot. Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud
Lying again so soon after returning, eh?

quanchi112
That's exactly what happened, Rain Man.

abhilegend
That's exactly what happened, Rain Man. That's not what you said initially.Originally posted by quanchi112
So you admit being a lier?

quanchi112
That's not what you said initially.
So you admit being a lier? Shazam was punked. I didn't lie.

abhilegend
^No, he wasn't. You are a liar and that is once again proved.

quanchi112
^No, he wasn't. You are a liar and that is once again proved. No, he was punked. By punked that means being an absolute dumbass while expending his power and releasing Mordru into the world. That's called telling it how it is. You need to learn to be objective.

abhilegend
No, he was punked. By punked that means being an absolute dumbass while expending his power and releasing Mordru into the world. That's called telling it how it is. You need to learn to be objective. Originally posted by abhilegend
^No, he wasn't. You are a liar and that is once again proved.
laughing out loud @being objective coming from you.

quanchi112
laughing out loud @being objective coming from you. So you disagree with him being punked by Mordru ?

abhilegend
So you disagree with him being punked by Mordru ?
Yeah.

quanchi112
Yeah. Then your definition of punked is wrong. So much to learn my boy.

abhilegend
Then your definition of punked is wrong. So much to learn my boy.
Try harder grampa.

quanchi112
Try harder grampa. I don't have to try harder since I am right. Learn faster, toddler.

abhilegend
I don't have to try harder since I am right. Learn faster, toddler.
Try again great-grampa.

quanchi112
Try again great-grampa. That's it I am taking your binky.

abhilegend
That's it I am taking your binky.
Sowwy great-great-grampa. Ty gain.

DarkSaint85
This is the strangest ageplay scenario I've wandered on to yet...

Uriel005
Did I just walk into some weird fetish roleplay??!!?!?!??!??

_joker_

quanchi112
Sowwy great-great-grampa. Ty gain. Deep down you know you're wrong.

abhilegend
Deep down you know you're wrong.
That's you. I'm always right.

carver9
Good to have Quan back.

quanchi112
That's you. I'm always right. I am still waiting for the time I agree with you so you can actually be right.

abhilegend
I am still waiting for the time I agree with you so you can actually be right. Originally posted by abhilegend
That's you. I'm always right.

JakeTheBank
lol

How disturbing this thread has become.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.