DC's Bricks Vs Marvel's Bricks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Fight takes place on the moon.
Superman
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/240/79023-174088-superman_large.jpg
Captain Marvel
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2532/159585-42413-captain-marvel_large.jpg
Mr. Majestic
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18627/807213-mrmajestic_large.jpg
Mon-El
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6754/2306802-hhougoug_large.jpg
Supergirl
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/76199-174379-supergirl_large.jpg
Black Adam
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/588164-jsav2_cv23_large.jpg
Wonder Woman
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/272283-125009-wonder-woman_large.jpg

vs

Golgo13
Sentry
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/100352/2226524-blog_sentry_sky_blue_cadre_small_large.jpg
Gladiator
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/700078-gladiator_large.jpg
Hyperion
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/77620-98435-hyperion_large.jpg
Hulk
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125544/2519716-marvel__4__large.jpg
Blue Marvel
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3853/586757-blue_marvel2_large.jpg
Wonder Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47452/2148414-wonder_large.jpg
Hercules
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18474/373711-171799-hercules_large.jpg

JakeTheBank
One sided in favor of DC.

Golgo13
You overrate DC sometime, Jake. sad It's no stomp, especially with Blue Marvel and Sentry, not to mention Wonder Man has gotten the best of Thor, but I guess everyone gets the best of Thor. wink

SamZED
Bob Sentry?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
You overrate DC sometime, Jake. sad It's no stomp, especially with Blue Marvel and Sentry, not to mention Wonder Man has gotten the best of Thor, but I guess everyone gets the best of Thor. wink

lol that first sentence is rich.

When did Simon get the best of Thor? His first appearance had him physically knock Thor over, but he was unharmed. Bendis' recent Simon had him sucker punch Thor. Unless you're recalling feats I've never seen or heard of, Simon is and always has been inferior to Thor.

Everyone on Team DC has flight and superspeed and generally better feats than Team Marvel. Hulk can make things interesting if he goes Worldbreaker and Sentry if he's at his best levels can make things interesting as well, but Hyperion and Simon and Gladiator can't compete with most of the people on DC.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol that first sentence is rich.

When did Simon get the best of Thor? His first appearance had him physically knock Thor over, but he was unharmed. Bendis' recent Simon had him sucker punch Thor. Unless you're recalling feats I've never seen or heard of, Simon is and always has been inferior to Thor.

Everyone on Team DC has flight and superspeed and generally better feats than Team Marvel. Hulk can make things interesting if he goes Worldbreaker and Sentry if he's at his best levels can make things interesting as well, but Hyperion and Simon and Gladiator can't compete with most of the people on DC.

I can't tell the writer, or the exact time frame, but there was a run in AVENGERS during the early 90's, I wanna say shortly before the West Coast branch started, where Wonder Man was shown as at least a physical equal, I think also superior, to Thor. But it has been about a decade since I've read the comics.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Delta1938
I can't tell the writer, or the exact time frame, but there was a run in AVENGERS during the early 90's, I wanna say shortly before the West Coast branch started, where Wonder Man was shown as at least a physical equal, I think also superior, to Thor. But it has been about a decade since I've read the comics.

If true, then that's the definite minority and so far out of the norm for Simon as well as being his best showing ever when compared directly to Thor. It's been stated and shown - numerous times - that when push comes to shove Simon is inferior to Thor. The most telling example is when Simon tries to lift weights designed for Thor and eloquently states "I'm no Thor" before dropping them.

In any case, it would be silly to use a one time example as evidence to suggest that Simon is on that level, let alone above it.

Delta1938
If true, then that's the definite minority and so far out of the norm for Simon as well as being his best showing ever when compared directly to Thor. It's been stated and shown - numerous times - that when push comes to shove Simon is inferior to Thor. The most telling example is when Simon tries to lift weights designed for Thor and eloquently states "I'm no Thor" before dropping them.

In any case, it would be silly to use a one time example as evidence to suggest that Simon is on that level, let alone above it.

Wasn't disputing it being in the minority, just pointing-out there was a period where Simon wasn't the inferior, and was at least arguably the superior(well, physically at least).

JakeTheBank
Wasn't disputing it being in the minority, just pointing-out there was a period where Simon wasn't the inferior, and was at least arguably the superior(well, physically at least).

Personally have a hard time believing that and if it did happen, I have no reason why it shouldn't be considered PIS considering the overwhelming vast majority of showings contradicting a claim.

If you did have issue numbers, that would be great, though.

Golgo13
Didn't WM take down Thor in Bendis's run, too, or am I thinking of someone else?

JakeTheBank
Didn't WM take down Thor in Bendis's run, too, or am I thinking of someone else?

He bull rushed him and knocked him over while Thor was trying to talk him down, iirc.

That in of itself in no means makes Simon >= Thor. Certainly not in the grand scheme of things when feats and overall portrayal are taken into account.

Golgo13
I never said Simon was equal or greater than Thor, but he can hang with say Supergirl for a while, maybe even get a split. If he's on his game, of course.

JakeTheBank
I never said Simon was equal or greater than Thor, but he can hang with say Supergirl for a while, maybe even get a split. If he's on his game, of course.

You brought up Simon getting the better of Thor, which outside of a sucker attack and knocking him over back in his villainous days - and apparently some WCA issue where he was alluded to being superior to Thor - doesn't mean much in this thread against opponents of this caliber. He can hang with Kara as in not get beaten outright right away. Kara's literally the only person I see Simon feasibly beating, and not for the majority, either.

Golgo13
I guess Thor should have used his ftl reflexes, huh. stick out tongue

Delta1938
Personally have a hard time believing that and if it did happen, I have no reason why it shouldn't be considered PIS considering the overwhelming vast majority of showings contradicting a claim.

If you did have issue numbers, that would be great, though.

It was one writer's opinion for the two. If I feel up to it, I'll look for them later today, but probably won't feel up to digging through them all. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, I was just pointing-out there was a period you were unaware of.

JakeTheBank
Sneak attack is still a sneak attack.

Pretty telling that Simon's best showings against Thor was when he debuted as a villain (and didn't even hurt Thor) and when he was breaking down and attacked Thor who was trying to help him. Personally, given the potential of ionic energy, Simon should be top tier, but he's always been 2nd to Thor in terms of Avenger powerhouses.

Anyway, Superman, Majestic, Captain Marvel, and Black Adam can beat anyone on Team 2 for the majority, barring Sentry wigging out or something.

JakeTheBank
It was one writer's opinion for the two. If I feel up to it, I'll look for them later today, but probably won't feel up to digging through them all. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, I was just pointing-out there was a period you were unaware of.

It's still, if accurate, a way off base and nonsensical stance for a writer to take given their overall history among various writers. If it happened as you described, then it's canon, but canonical events and showings don't preclude things from being PIS if it is.

Delta1938
It's still, if accurate, a way off base and nonsensical stance for a writer to take given their overall history among various writers. If it happened as you described, then it's canon, but canonical events and showings don't preclude things from being PIS if it is.

It feels like you have the need to argue even though I never disputed it's in the minority, simply pointing-out a period you were ignorant of.

JakeTheBank
It feels like you have the need to argue even though I never disputed it's in the minority, simply pointing-out a period you were ignorant of.

Not really arguing it. Just pointing out that if you do happen to be correct - which no one has verified or not - it doesn't really matter and is a moot point, anyway.

Delta1938
Not really arguing it. Just pointing out that if you do happen to be correct - which no one has verified or not - it doesn't really matter and is a moot point, anyway.

Maybe you don't intend it to be, but in practice, it sure comes-out as arguing for the sake of arguing when there's nothing to argue about.

JakeTheBank
Maybe you don't intend it to be, but in practice, it sure comes-out as arguing for the sake of arguing when there's nothing to argue about.

Okay. thumb up

Nibedicus
2 characters on Marvel side that can't fly. What're they gonna do? Wave some pompoms around while the REAL heralds-levelers duke it out?

Easy stomp for DC side.

The Sorrow
Wonder man is a weak link, plus two grounded bricks equals a big advantage in DC's favour before the bell has even rung. DC bricks win it.

ColossusGrundy
Pretty severe stomp for DC side... (are these true "bricks"?)

abhilegend
Englehart pushed simon hard. He was the same who wrote the scene where thor needed mjolnir to beat simon. Later defalco nerfed him and now he's practically useless getting koed by goblin bombs, a brick by ares and had his ass handed to him by namor even after ares was helping him. In his own series he stalemated merged hulk in slugfest IIRC, now Fixit oneshots him.

Harbinger
Typical Prep-Man thread= moderately power Marvel characters against overpowered DC characters.

carver9
Hulk (who can pull a high majority against anyone on the opposing team), Gladiator, and Sentry can't do everything, especially with bfring on. Team 1 win...spite thread.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk (who can pull a high majority against anyone on the opposing team), Gladiator, and Sentry can't do everything, especially with bfring on. Team 1 win...spite thread.

No, Hulk cannot, Carv. Sorry buddy, but this is the real world. You have to wake-up and realize you're wrong.

Zack Fair
LoL@Carv's campaign.

On topic...what an epic stomp.

Newjak
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Pretty severe stomp for DC side... (are these true "bricks"?) With exception of Hulk and Herc I wouldn't call any of them, Bricks.

To me most of the guys are the standard Superman set, which I often refer to as brawler characters, or this league Super brawlers.

Brawler type character possessing Super-Strength, Super-Speed, Durability, often one form of energy attack or more, and Flight

And DC for the win

carver9
No, Hulk cannot, Carv. Sorry buddy, but this is the real world. You have to wake-up and realize you're wrong.

Once you realize Hulk treat Heralds like a step child, holla at me. You are clearly ignoring his fts.

abhilegend
Once you realize Hulk treat Heralds like a step child, holla at me. You are clearly ignoring his fts.
Who are these heralds carv? Nobody is ignoring his feats.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Who are these heralds carv? Nobody is ignoring his feats.

Stay out of this. We already know what's flying through your mind right now.

PillarofOsiris
Cool picture of Gladiator.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Newjak
With exception of Hulk and Herc I wouldn't call any of them, Bricks.

To me most of the guys are the standard Superman set, which I often refer to as brawler characters, or this league Super brawlers.

Brawler type character possessing Super-Strength, Super-Speed, Durability, often one form of energy attack or more, and Flight

And DC for the win

Agreed. I usually think of guys like Hulk, Thing, Juggernaut, etc when I think of Bricks.

PillarofOsiris
And yeah, this thread is ridiculously one-sided in favor of DC.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Agreed. I usually think of guys like Hulk, Thing, Juggernaut, etc when I think of Bricks.

You forgot Doomsday, Despero, and Konvikt.

Newjak
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Agreed. I usually think of guys like Hulk, Thing, Juggernaut, etc when I think of Bricks. Yeah or Doosmday minus a few random adaptations, Rhino, the General from DC.

PillarofOsiris
You forgot Doomsday, Despero, and Konvikt.

It wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list.

golem370
How are these guys bricks? All of them can fly besides Hulk and Hercules

Delta1938

Carv, you're not one to accuse others of ignoring feats. And watch it, there's only so long before I start calling you "Carter" again. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.