Planet Pushing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Can these heroes push a planet the size of Earth using purely physical strength ....and flight obviously?

(just a yes or no after each name)

1) Gladiator

2) Thor

3) Silver Surfer

4) Superman

5) Wonder Woman

DC characters are pre reboot.

carver9
None of them can except Gladiator (who has moved an object that blocked an entire starlane).

snowdragon
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Can these heroes push a planet the size of Earth using purely physical strength ....and flight obviously?

1) Gladiator

2) Thor

3) Silver Surfer

4) Superman

5) Wonder Woman

I'm going to go with more then likely for all of them however SS using strength to move something like just isn't his schtick.

WW is generally just a tic below SM and she might be the most challenged I suppose.

PillarofOsiris
I'm not sure Thor, SS or WW could move a planet using only physical strength.

psycho gundam
they never were part of a plot ridiculous enough to even try...except wonder woman, she was part of many a ridiculous plotline and wasn't up to the task.

The Sorrow
None of them have yet done it by themselves on-panel. Marvel does repeatedly state that Gladiator can move planets through narration or 3rd party statements though.

Damborgson
Originally posted by keiththegreat

1) Gladiator

2) Thor

3) Silver Surfer

4) Superman

5) Wonder Woman

1) Gladiator-yep

2) Thor-yep

3) Silver Surfer-nope

4) Superman-yep

5) Wonder Woman-probs

psycho gundam
about surfer, these next few scans are apparently canon (after asking around the board). he "holds" a red phase star, and considering there really isn't much to hold onto, it's ...something *shrug*:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/surfervshdp4.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/surfervshdp5.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/surfervshdp6.jpg

as you can see, ridiculousness plays a big part in these types of feats

Damborgson
Same deal with glads kid saying he can rip black holes apart. How does one do that?

Zack Fair
Amped Surfer probably can.

Supes and Glads can.

Thor...currently...probably not. Classic definitely.

Wonder Woman? Nah.

Branlor Swift
Make this star pushing, and Surfer might have a challenge

dmills
Lol.

ColossusGrundy
Supes did it with his breath in one book..... (which is real dumb since vacuum of space and all).

I don't think Surfer or WW or Thor can, others pretty positive.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Same deal with glads kid saying he can rip black holes apart. How does one do that?

Gladiator is just that good. After being hit by it, The guy contained a solar system destroying blast so tight that it created a star.

the Darkone
All of them pretty much can, more so Thor, SS and Wonder Woman if the story calls for it!

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator is just that good. After being hit by it, The guy contained a solar system destroying blast so tight that it created a star.

He's so good he can do stuff that can't be done?sure ,why not.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
He's so good he can do stuff that can't be done?sure ,why not.

Yes, he has done the impossible more than once.

-Pr-
None of them can except Gladiator (who has moved an object that blocked an entire starlane).

lol no.

==========

Seriously though, most of them can do it (and Superman has done something that would equal it. Twice.). The only one I'd worry about is Diana, but at a push I think she might be able to.

carver9
@Pr...

It's been a long time since I quoted your post...please enjoy the vacation I am trying to give you. It's already taking every ounce of energy in me not to reply to any of your posts. Enjoy it and please learn to agree with my posts (since we both know they are right).

Zack Fair
Trolling level: noob.

abhilegend
Superman has already done that twice. Once he moved earth-moon together.

-Pr-
@Pr...

It's been a long time since I quoted your post...please enjoy the vacation I am trying to give you. It's already taking every ounce of energy in me not to reply to any of your posts. Enjoy it and please learn to agree with my posts (since we both know they are right).

When you start writing posts that are right, we'll see.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by -Pr-
When you start writing posts that are right, we'll see.

Hope you're not holding your breath, Pr.

Endless Mike
They all can. Unless they have a TTK breakdown and just end up flying through it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.