Vampire vs Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
A matchup I would LOVE to see. 5 individual matches.

Dark Side Users vs Blood Suckers

Jedis get light sabers.

Movie versions only. No pulling feats from novels/fluff/animation/etc.

Who wins?

Matchup 1

Darth Maul vs. Blade (from movie)

Matchup 2

Emperor Palpatine vs Russel Edgington (True Blood)

Matchup 3

Darth Vader vs Dracula (1992 movie Bram Stoker's Dracula)

Matchup 4

Count Dooku vs Black Hat (Priest)

Bonus Round: Matchup 5

Anakin Skywalker (pre-injury) vs. Edward Cullen

Who takes more matches? Who wins? big grin

the ninjak
Vamps kick ass.

1. Machine gun mince with boomerang blade for the win. Vamps win.

2. Dunno but I imagine he's quite fast and creative. Vamps win.

3. Mist for the win! He beats Vader to death via mist! Like Dracula would! Vamps win.

4. I'll give this to Dooku. Because Lee is Drac to the end and he beats him any ways. Vamps win even though he's a Sith.

5. Depending on the location Edward reads Vader's mind knowing all moves. A good fight.
Heck he throws a huge rock at his head then hits his legs. smile Vamps win!

Nibedicus
My take would be:

1. Darth Maul. Maul would pull the gun out of Blade's hand then slice him in half. big grin Would be a good fight tho.

2. Russel is so fast, he moves in a Blur. He punches Palpatine's heart of his chest before he can even blink.

3. Drac turns to mist and kills Vader. Sadly, Vader's best attack: the force choke won't work on the undead.

4. Dooku. Saber + Force powers = decapitated Black hat.

5. Anakin. Force powers + light saber = dead lame-o

the ninjak
The same as mine accept for round 1 and 5......hmmmm

1. Blades is too fast on the bullets. Maul aint Vader. Actually Maul sucks. He dies.

5. Edward knows all of Anakin's shite. He dodges all of it and breaks his neck. Poor Anakin...... so controlled by the Darkside.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by the ninjak
The same as mine accept for round 1 and 5......hmmmm

1. Blades is too fast on the bullets. Maul aint Vader. Actually Maul sucks. He dies.

5. Edward knows all of Anakin's shite. He dodges all of it and breaks his neck. Poor Anakin...... so controlled by the Darkside.

Maul sucked less than Vader, tbh. :P At least he had kung fu movez on his lone appearance. ^_^

Still, I think he'd slice the blades out of the air.

According to the movies, Jedis have some form of precog. Anakin would see Edward predicting his moves and Edward would read his mind predicting his moves and Anakin would predict Edward reading his mind about predicting his moves and Edward would read his mind about predicting him reading his mind about him predicting his moves and Anakain would.....

confused

Their minds implode. Draw.

quanchi112
Russell would destroy Emperor Palpatine.

Ascendancy
Force users take 2-5. All are with proficient Force users capable of crushing opponents with Forcewave, TK, etc because they are unable to defend themselves. The could literally crush every vamps heart inside his chest before they knew what happened. Blade only has a chance because Maul's only real strength is sabers, though even at that he's still capable of far more speed than Blade can muster.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Matchup 1

Darth Maul vs. Blade (from movie)

In melee, Maul should win handily, but he couldn't counter a machinegun spray. Depends on equipment, location, and closeness at start of match.

Not familiar.

Dracula in that movie was incapacitated to the point that he couldn't walk by a ****ing bowie knife to the throat, and mist won't save him because he would be physically dominated and crushed the moment he tries shit on Vader after demisting. Vader can wait until daylight when he is shapeshifter locked to his true form if he has to.

Not familiar.

Edward Cullen is too fast and strong, Ed wins.

the ninjak
Dracula can kill whilst in mist form.

juggerman
Blade would take this. He has too many weapons at his disposal.

Russel is WAY too fast for Palpy to mount any kind of defense or offense.

Haven't seen that Dracula

Black Hat would be too fast for Dooku. He punched a Priest in the chest so damn fast the Priest didn't realise Black Hat had also ripped out his heart.

Pre which injury? Arm or other arm and legs? I'll you mean pre Obiwan beat down.

Cullen is faster and can read minds. But he has no defense against Skywalkers force powers and if Ani can use them as soon as the bell rings he will own Eddy. If not Pattinson rips Christensen a new arse hole

Kazenji
True Blood?........there's a movie of it now?

juggerman
Good point

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Kazenji
True Blood?........there's a movie of it now?

It's HBO. Close enough. :-p

Psychotron
Okay, am I missing something here? What's to stop the Force users from manhandling everyone else with the Force?

juggerman
Speed. If they don't have those precious seconds to call on the Force they are doomed

Ascendancy
I'm sorry, but most of the vamps mentioned here have been injured by others whilst moving at normal speeds. That's also ignoring the speed feats that Force users are capable of which is quite handy. They all have some level of precognition, especially if they are fully opened to the Force. Sidious could surround himself with lightning as soon as he feels his attacker moving toward him. All of them are capable of shielding themselves from impact in the Force. Their speed with sabers is ridiculous, and with the exception of Maul having to try to block Blade's machine gun, there's nothing about the vamp's speed that is beyond what they have been shown capable of in the books or films. Actually, there are even scenes with saber duelists blocking a spray from fletchette weapons.

Maybe someone could explain what I'm missing. Dracula in mist form, Vader crushes him into nothing with the Force. Black Hat was destroyed nicely by a train explosion/crash, which I'm sure Dooku could mimic the impact of with an explosion of Force power within his body, or even just his heart and brain. All of the Force users are capable of crushing any of their skulls and walking away without breaking a sweat. The vamps have zero defense against the Force and the Force users can match the speed feats. If you don't recall it's capabilities there are examples at the beginning of the Phantom Menace and in some of the CW toons.

Anyway, there's nothing to stop any of them from pinning the vamps in place with the Force and decapping them at their leisure. Luke pinned Caedus to a chair and the Sith was a more than capable Force user, so what is someone who has no Force ability going to do? This is why pitting people from universes with utterly different rules doesn't work very well.

Robtard
1) Blade (with guns)

2) Palpatine

3) Vader

4) Dooku

5) Cullen (6/10)

Psychotron
Originally posted by juggerman
Speed. If they don't have those precious seconds to call on the Force they are doomed

Force users have pretty fast reflexes as well, and I doubt every vamp is gonna try a speed-blitz right from the start.

juggerman
1st off the OP clearly states that only movie versons are to be used so no matter how much uber shit these guys have done in the books/comics they are limited to their movie portrayals only. And from their movie showing their speed is not matching most of these vamps.

When have any of these Sith crossed a room as such speeds that no one can react like Russel has been shown to do easily? Even when surrounded by other extremely fast vampires Russel just appears to be a blur to them. Or when has any of these Sith covered miles in moments like that homo Cullen? They are just outmatched in the speed department.

Faster than human no doubt but not anywhere near as fast as these vamps have shown. Black Hat looked like he punched a guy. Just punched and the guy went flying super far. Then after a moment the guy realised he wasn't just punched but his heart was actually ripped out. Do you realise how amazingly fast you'd have to be to pull that crap off. The Priest didn't even know his HEART had been forcfully RIPPED FROM HIS CHEST!!!!

Now if the Sith were allowed their book showings then you'd have an argument but in the movies they were nowhere near the speed they need to be here nor do they have the power showings (lightning shields, holding people in place, moving faster than eyes can follow, ect)

Robtard
Force-Speed, an ability granted to Force Users:

MY4tXUtu9_I

juggerman
and the "force speed" they displayed was not on the level of the "vamp speed" Russel, Edward, and Black Hat use

Robtard
Correct, but when combined with Force Reflexes and Battle Precog, it will be fast enough to raise a lightsabre as a vampire closes in for a kill. Lightsabre > Vampires heads and hands.

juggerman
Just because they know what's coming doesn't mean they could do anything about it. Russel's and Black Hat's speed are so far above these guys that they could probably write a letter a week in advance telling in great detail exactly what they are going do and Sidious and Dooku would still be completely obliterated.

Cullen isn't as fast but is still fast enough to make Skywalker's precog useless especially with his own mind reading abilities.

Blade is nowhere near as fast as these guy imo but his advantage comes from his weapons. If he had to fight up close Maul would (American History X prison shower scene) him

Can't really speak to the other one since i haven't seen that Dracula

Robtard
Nope.

Cullen's the fastest one here.

Blade wins with gun, yes.

juggerman
I disagree. Russel is rediculously fast and can fly. Other old fast vamps can't track him let alone defend against him and it's been shown numerous times.

And fighting speed Cullen doesn't have much. He's probably faster than BH in a foot race but not so much in combat. The Wolves had no trouble keeping up with any of the Twightlight vamps including Edward iirc and Edward being the fastest one he really isn't too much faster than the others. They can still see him and react to him when he moves

Atleast we agree on something

Robtard

Atleast we agree on something

Indeed, which means you're only about 66.66% wrong.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Correct, but when combined with Force Reflexes and Battle Precog, it will be fast enough to raise a lightsabre as a vampire closes in for a kill. Lightsabre > Vampires heads and hands. Remember when Palpatine slowly raised his hands to zap Yoda with force lightning. What awesome precog. What about when Obi begged Anakin not to jump at him because he had the high ground. This precog never fails.

Russell slaughters him.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Remember when Palpatine slowly raised his hands to zap Yoda with force lightning. What awesome precog. What about when Obi begged Anakin not to jump at him because he had the high ground. This precog never fails.

Russell slaughters him.

Listen, I do realize that your TB fanboyism is clouding your mind, but stop going by lowest showings only for the guy you want to see lose. Good, glad that's settled.

Russell dies.

quanchi112
Listen, I do realize that your TB fanboyism is clouding your mind, but stop going by lowest showings only for the guy you want to see lose. Good, glad that's settled.

Russell dies. Based on what does Russell die ? We see him react far faster than anything Palpatine has done on screen. Russell is also far stronger than anyone Palpatine has fought by about a country mile.

Force lightning has never killed anyone directly either. So if you expect it to kill a vampire who is 3,000 years old while Luke can walk away from prolonged exposure to it then you're just being a star wars fanboy.

Robtard
Based on what does Russell die ? We see him react far faster than anything Palpatine has done on screen. Russell is also far stronger than anyone Palpatine has fought by about a country mile.

Force lightning has never killed anyone directly either. So if you expect it to kill a vampire who is 3,000 years old while Luke can walk away from prolonged exposure to it then you're just being a star wars fanboy.

Based on what I said before, I'm not repeating myself due to your laziness. Who cares about physical strength in this match, Palpatine has a lightsabre, he's not arm wrestling Russel with it.

Force lightning, lol, this guy. See above.

Psychotron
I have no idea who Russell or Black hat are but the Cullens got tagged more than once by warewolves. They're not that fast.

Also, True Blood is gay.

quanchi112
Based on what I said before, I'm not repeating myself due to your laziness. Who cares about physical strength in this match, Palpatine has a lightsabre, he's not arm wrestling Russel with it.

Force lightning, lol, this guy. See above. Russell is both stronger and faster. Force lightning he'd just plow through if it even hit him.

Luke probably laughed about how weak force lightning was afterwards.

Pwned

You realize Palpatine was torturing Luke, right? Not trying to kill him?
Same with Mace. He wanted him to hurt before he tossed him out a window.

The precog goes milliseconds into the future. Thats why it can't save them from everything if they make a bad decision. However, they react in that time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Pwned

You realize Palpatine was torturing Luke, right? Not trying to kill him?
Same with Mace. He wanted him to hurt before he tossed him out a window.

The precog goes milliseconds into the future. Thats why it can't save them from everything if they make a bad decision. However, they react in that time. Yes, and I also realize he said he was going to kill him and still failed to do so in more than a reasonable amount of time to be considered fast. Palp went off on Windu and it still didn't kill him.

Russell could probably laugh off this pathetic attack due to his strength.

Precog is nowhere near as fast as Russell is. Russell can disarm people fifty feet away before they even know what's happening. He's too fast. He'd maul Palpatine.

Pwned
Now your just being stupid.

Failed to kill him shortly? He was TORTURING him. He was slowly killing him, causing as much pain as possible.

Went off on him? Same deal. He was trying to punish him by causing his last moments to be as painful as possible. This is a majorly sadistic guy.

Strength has nothing to do with it. Its like being hit by 50 tazers at once and not dying.

Precog is instantaneous. Its faster than anything. The Jedi/Sith always know whats about to happen. Does that mean they can instantly react to it? Not all the time. They still have millisecond reaction times because of the Force.

Nibedicus
Didn't know Jedi's HAD force speed. That "feat" (was that a one-of?) at the start of the Phantom Menace would actually be comparable to vamp speed and that added to precog could turn the tables.

Another way of looking at it is to check how fast the laser beams were moving in Star Wars and compare that to vamp speed using comparable camera distances (is this even possible? lol). If the vamp speed in covering distance is = < the speed in w/c the laser beams would travel from guns to the Jedi, I think it stands to reason that the Sith (who are pretty similar to high end Jedi in abilities) would be able to skewer/slash the vamps before they would be able to tear the Jedi apart.

Googled a bit and found this little piece of info on the web.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/05/star-wars-blaster-speed/

Apparently, according to this site, blaster bolts (based on the movie) travel at around 78 mph.

Jedi/Sith are known to be able to deflect blaster fire in multiples, it stands to reason that if vamps are far faster than that, they'd be able to cover the distance and rip the Sith apart. If not, then it stands to reason that the additional reach given to the Sith due to their lightsabers would allow them to skewer/slash the vampires right before they'd be able to tear them apart with their hands.

Lestov16
Jedi/Sith are faster than this?

8Ep4FudH0CQ

juggerman
This actually made me laugh.

But no the Sith's reflexes mean nothing to Russel and Black Hat. Russel was able to decapitate an extremely old vampire before the vamp knew what was going on. He was able to get up off of the floor, turn around, disarmed a 2000+ year old vampire, and pin him down before he even knew what was happening.

And i stress that he was 2000+ years old since in True Blood the older you are the more powerful you become which includes speed. Even Jessica, a vampire about a year or two old, is much faster than anything Palpy has shown in the movies. And she moves like a slug compared to Russel

Sidious can precog all he wants it won't help him. He'll just see Russel ripping out his heart twice

quanchi112
Now your just being stupid.

Failed to kill him shortly? He was TORTURING him. He was slowly killing him, causing as much pain as possible.

Went off on him? Same deal. He was trying to punish him by causing his last moments to be as painful as possible. This is a majorly sadistic guy.

Strength has nothing to do with it. Its like being hit by 50 tazers at once and not dying.

Precog is instantaneous. Its faster than anything. The Jedi/Sith always know whats about to happen. Does that mean they can instantly react to it? Not all the time. They still have millisecond reaction times because of the Force. He said and now you die. After he tortured him he was trying to kill him to which Luke casually walked away from. I've seen more damage from a concussion than what Luke endured.

You're making things up. He tried to kill Windu the entire time. He didn't hold back and never killed anyone yet you expect me to believe it can even halt someone with Russell's strength let alone even hit.

Precog didn't save Yoda from Palp's slow hand raise force lightning blast. Face it Russell is faster and kills him.

Admit defeat.

BruceSkywalker
I have watched True Blood since the beginning..

Sith die... the end

the ninjak
When did Jedi/Sith ever show such speed in actual combat?

Instead of their one feat of running from point A to B?

Pwned
He said and now you die. After he tortured him he was trying to kill him to which Luke casually walked away from. I've seen more damage from a concussion than what Luke endured.

You're making things up. He tried to kill Windu the entire time. He didn't hold back and never killed anyone yet you expect me to believe it can even halt someone with Russell's strength let alone even hit.

Precog didn't save Yoda from Palp's slow hand raise force lightning blast. Face it Russell is faster and kills him.

Admit defeat. I really can't come up with a big enough facepalm. I highly doubt that you have watched the movies. But honestly, I don't care to debate right now (I'm procrastinating on writing a speech)

quanchi112
I really can't come up with a big enough facepalm. I highly doubt that you have watched the movies. But honestly, I don't care to debate right now (I'm procrastinating on writing a speech) The Emperor says and now you die or something to which Luke takes a prolonged attack and walks away after Vader interferes. Force lightning isn't a quick death at all. You go back down because you know Russell is faster and stronger. He could rip his head off before he even could think.

NemeBro
Dracula can kill whilst in mist form. Dracula can kill mortal pussies while in mist form.

FrothByte
Jedi/Sith as far as movies go have been shown to have very fast reflexes due to precog... but they don't have super speed the same way vamps do.

True Blood and Twilight vamps are too fast for them, even with precog. Russel is way faster than any of them here. Edward though not as fast has telepathy which still puts him at an advantage.

Jedi and Sith can react to laser guns perhaps, but that's because guns only have a single trajectory - straight. Not sure if they can do the same with a moving vamp.

the ninjak
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dracula can kill mortal pussies while in mist form.

Someone needs a coffee.
Besides a Sith in a tin can suit with crap feats ain't all he's cracked up to be.
What's Vader gonna do in a forum arena against a cloud of killer mist?

Ascendancy
Again, what are vamps going to do against Force domination of their minds? What are they going to do against being crushed by the Force? What are they going to do about being held in place while they are decapitated? They are fast no doubt but they cannot maintain that speed infinitely. It's also ridiculous to say that the portrayal of TB speed is relevant but portrayals of the Force that are considered accepted by George Lucas are not.

Regardless, as stated before the vamps have ZERO defense against the Force. Obviously each combatant knows the other is there so if nothing else the Sith could ready a Force Wave to unleash as soon as the vampires advance, which they could feel in the Force even if they can't perceive it quickly enough to react by vision alone. Palpatine destroyed a creature weighing thousands of pounds from the inside with his lightning; quite sure he could vaporize a vamp.

Someone needs a coffee.
Besides a Sith in a tin can suit with crap feats ain't all he's cracked up to be.
Contain it in the Force and then do with it as he pleases.

Robtard
Someone needs a coffee.

That "tin can suit" can deflect blaster fire.

playa1258
Russel would rip the spine out of Palpatine and shove it up Vader's ass.

Nibedicus
That "tin can suit" can deflect blaster fire.

Is the suit possibly airtight?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Again, what are vamps going to do against Force domination of their minds? What are they going to do against being crushed by the Force? What are they going to do about being held in place while they are decapitated? They are fast no doubt but they cannot maintain that speed infinitely. It's also ridiculous to say that the portrayal of TB speed is relevant but portrayals of the Force that are considered accepted by George Lucas are not.

Regardless, as stated before the vamps have ZERO defense against the Force. Obviously each combatant knows the other is there so if nothing else the Sith could ready a Force Wave to unleash as soon as the vampires advance, which they could feel in the Force even if they can't perceive it quickly enough to react by vision alone. Palpatine destroyed a creature weighing thousands of pounds from the inside with his lightning; quite sure he could vaporize a vamp.

Contain it in the Force and then do with it as he pleases.

If this is the movie versus forums then I assume that we're using movie versions, and as far as movie versions go I don't recall any jedi/sith using Force domination of minds on any strong willed individual.

I don't recall any force crushing as well, just force chocking. Being held in place? Don't recall that either.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by FrothByte
If this is the movie versus forums then I assume that we're using movie versions, and as far as movie versions go I don't recall any jedi/sith using Force domination of minds on any strong willed individual.

I don't recall any force crushing as well, just force chocking. Being held in place? Don't recall that either.

Holding in place happened when obi wan and anakin battled dooku the 2nd time. :-)

Darth Truculent
Many of the Force powers in the SW universe are not shown in movies. There is only so much you can show. It is really not a fair comparison or fight. The Sith you mentioned really aren't that great fighters cept Dooku and Anakin/Vader. I would have chosen Asajj Ventress due to the fact that she is a Nightsister/Sith apprentice to fight Blade. Not only does Ventress have access to the Force, but dark side sorcery as well.

Cullen would get his ass kicked because his fights on screen did not impress me at all. So what if the bastard can run fast. Sith fight dirty and not fair. Do you expect them to fight with rules? I'm not arguing on SW side . . . I'm saying the batting line up isn't exactly . . . correct.

FrothByte if the Sith cannot feel them in the Force, then they are at a serious disadvantage.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Is the suit possibly airtight?

It's a life support system and considering Vader needs to be in a special sealed room when he removes is, it stands to reason it is.

IIRC, in the EU it's mentioned it is.

Pwned
The Emperor says and now you die or something to which Luke takes a prolonged attack and walks away after Vader interferes. Force lightning isn't a quick death at all. You go back down because you know Russell is faster and stronger. He could rip his head off before he even could think. Again, I can't facepalm with a big enough hand.

I finished my speech (presenting Monday, like a boss) but I still don't care to debate. I do not have the adequate knowledge of the opposition to the Jedi and Sith to form a proper debate. However, I was saying its not a stomp by any means.

Estacado
Didn't Russel and Eric flew cross a few states pretty fast like in minutes or an hour?
It was the episode they were looking for Sookie IIRC when they appeared in front of her car and stopped it with 1 hand.

quanchi112
I do not have the adequate knowledge of the opposition to the Jedi and Sith to form a proper debate. Sace your huge hands to palm your own face. You admit you have no knowledge thus making you a fanboy.

Russell stomps.

Placidity
Originally posted by playa1258
Russel would rip the spine out of Palpatine and shove it up Vader's ass.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgxpsfBJL41qcc6u2o1_500.gif

DARTH POWER
I'm just face palming at all the people on this thread who have said Blade "with his guns" takes Darth Maul.

Maul would send Blade flying all over the place with the Force. His "amazing guns" would go flying out of his hand and into Maul's.

One Light saber slash would finish him off.

juggerman
That's a good point. For some reason i totally forgot Maul could just chip Blade via the Force. In PM he mostly just used his blades and i only recall him using the Force to open a door during his fight at the end.

I don't think Maul's go to tactic would be to just toss Blade around or disarm him with the Force and that's how Blade could win. If Maul wants to end it quickly with the Force he certainly can i just don't think he would

DARTH POWER
That's a good point. For some reason i totally forgot Maul could just chip Blade via the Force. In PM he mostly just used his blades and i only recall him using the Force to open a door during his fight at the end.

I don't think Maul's go to tactic would be to just toss Blade around or disarm him with the Force and that's how Blade could win. If Maul wants to end it quickly with the Force he certainly can i just don't think he would

Yes Maul was generally more of a bad ass melee fighter. But you have to remember we only saw him fight Jedi in TPM. We didn't see him fight non-force users wielding guns.

Also his finishing move on Obi-Wan was a Force push anyway. Easier to use against 1 Jedi than against 2. Even easier to use against a Jedi Padawan than a Jedi Master. And easier still to use against a Non-Force user.

P.s. I know the OP says only movie versions But In the SW Clone wars season 5 previews he invades a ship and takes out some pirates and droids immediately with the force.

(The show is created by Lucas so canon to the movies and Lucas's vision).

Edit- In fact the first episode was even released on the big screen as a Star Wars animated movie believe it or not! So it should count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.