Vampires vs Superheroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Another groups of matchups I would LOVE to see. 5 individual matches.

Good Guys vs Blood Suckers

Standard gear for all.

Movie versions only. No pulling feats from novels/fluff/animation/etc.

Matchup 1

Captain America vs Blade (from movie)

Matchup 2

Thor vs Russel Edgington (True Blood)

Matchup 3

Iron Man vs Dracula (1992 movie Bram Stoker's Dracula)

Matchup 4

Spider Man (Toby Spiderman) vs Edward Cullen (Twilight)

Bonus Round: Matchup 5

Wolverine (X-Men movies) vs Selene (first Underwold, pre-upgrade)

Who takes more matches?

Lestov16
Blade
Thor
Iron Man
Cullen
Wolverine

KingD19
Originally posted by Lestov16
Blade
Thor
Iron Man
Cullen
Wolverine

Pretty much this, I'm just on the fence about Selene v Logan. She took a shotgun to the belly with the barrel pressing up against her and she was fine. She was also highly skilled and fighting Lycan's before she got her Immortal upgrade. And with her standard gear, she could probably KO Logan for a few wins, plus she's loads faster.

the ninjak
I would hate to see what would happen to Stark when Drac in mistform creeps into the armor.

Blade
Thor
Drac
Cullen
Selene via KO.

Zack Fair
I don't remember the movie but...did Drac ever kill/fight anyone in mistform?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I don't remember the movie but...did Drac ever kill/fight anyone in mistform?

Yeah he beat Reinfeld to death whilst in mistform. Beat him against a cage.

I'll get real here.
Tony lost oxygen whilst in the void of space and blacked out.
Though Tony was underwater in the beginning of Avengers installing a device to allow power imput to STARK Tower.
And Dracula's mist form whilst easily beating a man to death.
Once entering Tony's armor could still have trouble actually killing/strangling him.
Plus Tony can fly smile
But then it's Ironman vs mist till dawn.
Whereas nobody wins.

But then again Drac needed soil to sleep! therefore Ironman should win eventually unless Drac in mist form can hit Tony hard.

If mist can beat a man to death. Why can't it strangle him whilst inside the armor?

But Tony would have to fall for it.

Lestov16
But does he have the reflexes to dodge repulsor blasts?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
But does he have the reflexes to dodge repulsor blasts?

Yeah Drac is fast in demonform. Plus even if he is shot he can turn into a flurry of rats.

The reason why he died in Dracula is because he wanted Lucy BAD! He led her and his coffin to his castle via horse and carriage to his castle. A bad move for he had hunters on his tail.
He arose from his coffin weakened and surprised as a dagger was lead into his heart, the heroes in the story were awesome.
Drac still beat them and Lucy took his weakened self into the castle were she forced the dagger further in, killing him.
All this was a worst case scenario for Drac. For he loved his reincarnated wife more than his own safety.

Nibedicus
Would love to see ppl's views on Edgington's speed vs Thor's power/durability. big grin

the ninjak
Thor's flesh is durable enough to withstand blows from the Hulk.
I believe Loki's daggers are special or enchanted to a degree.
I say Thor takes everything punch Edgington can give whilst doing a Jotunheim blast.

CowardlyBlakMan
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Would love to see ppl's views on Edgington's speed vs Thor's power/durability. big grin

Thor seems like a big fairy though.

NemeBro
There is exactly no proof at all that there are any openings inside Ironman's armour for Dracula to crawl into, and in fact evidence against it: Tony himself is completely protected from extremes of temperature that could affect the suit.

Ironman ****ing stomps Dracula, however long it takes. Once he can no longer transform, he promptly has his head torn off.

FrothByte
Blade wins over Cap. Just too many advantages for Blade, plus his standard gear gives him a huge advantage over Cap's shield.

Thor vs. Edgington can be tricky. Russel is extremely fast and is strong enough to hurt Thor, but still not strong enough to be in Thor's league. I say Russel gives Thor numerous painful hits but none enough to take Thor down. Thor only needs one hit to turn Russel into pulp. He can probably just call down a lightning storm and hope he gets lucky and hit Russel. Thor for the win.

Movie Wolverine was a wuss. If Mystique and Deathstrike can give him helluva trouble, then Selene can run circles around him and knock him out.

Cullen as much as I hate him is still faster and stronger than Spidey. Spidey gets his throat bit.

Don't know enough about movie Dracula to comment.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by FrothByte
Blade wins over Cap. Just too many advantages for Blade, plus his standard gear gives him a huge advantage over Cap's shield.

Thor vs. Edgington can be tricky. Russel is extremely fast and is strong enough to hurt Thor, but still not strong enough to be in Thor's league. I say Russel gives Thor numerous painful hits but none enough to take Thor down. Thor only needs one hit to turn Russel into pulp. He can probably just call down a lightning storm and hope he gets lucky and hit Russel. Thor for the win.

Movie Wolverine was a wuss. If Mystique and Deathstrike can give him helluva trouble, then Selene can run circles around him and knock him out.

Cullen as much as I hate him is still faster and stronger than Spidey. Spidey gets his throat bit.

Don't know enough about movie Dracula to comment.

I'll agree with all your comments except about Cullen vs Spidey.

Don't forget Toby Spidey stopped a runaway train just by his own hand strength and (possibly) muscle/bone durability.

Kazenji
Originally posted by NemeBro
There is exactly no proof at all that there are any openings inside Ironman's armour for Dracula to crawl into, and in fact evidence against it: Tony himself is completely protected from extremes of temperature that could affect the suit..

And also from what i remember of the Avengers movie, No water was leaking into that suit of his while installing that device for Stark tower.

KingD19
I'll agree with all your comments except about Cullen vs Spidey.

Don't forget Toby Spidey stopped a runaway train just by his own hand strength and (possibly) muscle/bone durability.

Great feat for Spidey, but I highly doubt he could have stopped it by pushing against it. Without his webs those people would have been done. I've never watched the Twilight movies except for clips, but from what I did see, Ed has an insane speed advantage and can definitely hit hard enough to hurt him if not overpower him outright.

Psychotron
Blade
No idea
Iron Man
Spider-man
Difficult to say

the ninjak
Originally posted by NemeBro
There is exactly no proof at all that there are any openings inside Ironman's armour for Dracula to crawl into, and in fact evidence against it: Tony himself is completely protected from extremes of temperature that could affect the suit.

Ironman ****ing stomps Dracula, however long it takes. Once he can no longer transform, he promptly has his head torn off.

Yeah as I stated above I questioned Tony going unconscious whilst in space but acknowledged him breathing underwater.

What's truly a factor is how this fight has no locale.
So it's in the forum arena. Which means no Sun. Which means Drac doesn't need to sleep.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by KingD19
Great feat for Spidey, but I highly doubt he could have stopped it by pushing against it. Without his webs those people would have been done. I've never watched the Twilight movies except for clips, but from what I did see, Ed has an insane speed advantage and can definitely hit hard enough to hurt him if not overpower him outright.

Yeah no way for him to stop the train w/o webs. But you gotta admit, insane "feat" to not get his feet ripped out as soon as he tried slow it down via the tracks. :-D

Well, didn't say Spidey would win. :-p just that I think Spidey's stronger. But out of curiosity, what "feat" has Cullen been able to perform that shows how much faster he is than Spidey?

Robtard
1) Blade

2) Thor

3) Iron Man

4) Spider-Man

5) Wolverine, unless Selene gets lucky and KO's him with a punch to the head.

the ninjak
I'm drawing the "Dracula lastability whilst inside a Forum Arena" card here.

Drac stays mistform. There is no Sun in a Forum Arena so he doesn't need to sleep.
Not like he can sleep anyways because he has no home soil.

How long do you guys reckon Stark can stay conscious without food, water and sleep? big grin

Because Drac's dead and he doesn't need either.

Robtard
The only thing Stoker's Dracula can do in mist form is travel. So he would be forfeiting the round.

Mindset
Originally posted by the ninjak
I'm drawing the "Dracula lastability whilst inside a Forum Arena" card here.

Drac stays mistform. There is no Sun in a Forum Arena so he doesn't need to sleep.
Not like he can sleep anyways because he has no home soil.

How long do you guys reckon Stark can stay conscious without food, water and sleep? big grin

Because Drac's dead and he doesn't need either. OK, Dracula loses 10/10.

Thank you for your input.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Robtard
The only thing Stoker's Dracula can do in mist form is travel. So he would be forfeiting the round.

Wrong...he beat a guy to death in mist form. He'll be trying it here.
Once he in demonform Drac realises he can't get through the armor, and when Tony gets a shot in he instantly turns into a flurry of rats. Then into mist to defeat his opponent.

Tony would be blasting the mist with repulsors. But to no avail.
Drac keeps up the relentless assault. Tony would get tired after a few days and fall unconscious. Drac wins.

Originally posted by Mindset
OK, Dracula loses 10/10.

Thank you for your input.

Well done. But no. Drac is a resourceful bastard. Especially in a Forum Arena environment.

Robtard
Wrong...he beat a guy to death in mist form. He'll be trying it here.

Tony would be blasting the mist with repulsors. But to no avail.
Drac keep up the relentless assault. Tony would get tired after a few days and fall unconscious. Drac wins.

Thought he changed back when he took out Renfield. Been some time since I've seen the film though.

But Tony isn't an idiot, he'd know the basic vampire lore. So he blast a hole in the arena's roof, waits until sunrise when Dracula is weaker; down his more powerful abilities and reverts to human form.

the ninjak
Thought he changed back when he took out Renfield. Been some time since I've seen the film though.

But Tony isn't an idiot, he'd know the basic vampire lore. So he blast a hole in the arena's roof, waits until sunrise when Dracula is weaker; down his more powerful abilities and reverts to human form.

Nah he smashed Renfield against the cage to death whilst still in mistform.

And as I've been blabberin about above. This is the Forum Arena....No Sun!smile

NemeBro
Where is this "There is no sun in a foum arena" shit coming from?

Robtard

And as I've been blabberin about above. This is the Forum Arena....No Sun!smile

Why Tony blasts a hole in said arena and lets in the sunlight.

KingD19
Yeah no way for him to stop the train w/o webs. But you gotta admit, insane "feat" to not get his feet ripped out as soon as he tried slow it down via the tracks. :-D

Well, didn't say Spidey would win. :-p just that I think Spidey's stronger. But out of curiosity, what "feat" has Cullen been able to perform that shows how much faster he is than Spidey?

Yeah, I'm giving him that. It was a crazy feat.

As for how Ed's faster, here.

lgIGSFHOiUM

Ed's fighting Felix, whose main power is just enhanced strength. Ed hasn't eaten for a long time during the course of this fight, and even one with no enhanced speed past the vamp norm and Ed being starving, they were still moving at blur speeds and far faster than anything or anyone Toby had to deal with.

Robtard
Spider-Man (Toby) can casually evade gunfire while swinging. Bullets > Twiboys

the ninjak
Why Tony blasts a hole in said arena and lets in the sunlight.

I've PM'ed Imp. I thought this standard was for everywhere VS.

In the Comic vs Forum if no location for the battle is given the fight takes place in the Forum Arena.
A voided out ground resembling a football stadium like structure.

Robtard
I've PM'ed Imp. I thought this standard was for everywhere VS.

In the Comic vs Forum if no location for the battle is given the fight takes place in the Forum Arena.
A voided out ground resembling a football stadium like structure.

That just happens to have no sunlight?

the ninjak
That just happens to have no sunlight?

I had debates on it in the past. People calling it a voided out arena. Anyways I'm gonna look into it.

KingD19
Spider-Man (Toby) can casually evade gunfire while swinging. Bullets > Twiboys

Yet he was getting punched out by Goblin and Doc Ock and Goblin Jr. and Venom and Sandman who are all < Bullets.

NemeBro
So for Dracula to win you have to construct a forum arena where the limitations and rules on Dracula's powerset are ignored?

If I didn't know any better I'd say that was giving one character an unfair advantage.

Robtard
Yet he was getting punched out by Goblin and Doc Ock and Goblin Jr. and Venom and Sandman who are all < Bullets.

In that case, Edward is ridiculously slower than Spider-Man, when the vampires fight the wolfboys, they fight slow. Only thing the wolves do fast is run.

NemeBro
Goblins and Venom are jut as fast as Spidey, Ock's arms are as fast as Spidey (And Ock apparently has superhuman durability lol), and Sandman is just a tank who can absorb Spidey's blows and hit harder than him.

KingD19
Even if you see it as slow, it's still faster than some of the people Spidey fought. Fact is, Vamps were seen moving so fast they became blurs. So it's obvious they have the capability to move that fast, Spidey never did and never fought anybody who could. I'm not saying he's slow as he's dodged some crazy stuff, but Ed's faster in a fight.

And Sandman who has no enhanced speed whatsoever, hit Spidey a bunch of times when he shouldn't have been able to.

FrothByte

Well Edward was able to stop a crashing van (car?) with just one hand. Not sure if that's a better strength feat.

As far as speed goes, all we have to go by with the movies is that the Vamps pretty much fight in fast forward. Spidey doesn't have super speed, he has super reflexes. Edward on the other hand DOES have super speed. Not sure how that translates, but I just see the vamp as stronger and faster. Not by much, but enough to garner the win.

Robtard
Even if you see it as slow, it's still faster than some of the people Spidey fought. Fact is, Vamps were seen moving so fast they became blurs. So it's obvious they have the capability to move that fast, Spidey never did and never fought anybody who could. I'm not saying he's slow as he's dodged some crazy stuff, but Ed's faster in a fight.

And Sandman who has no enhanced speed whatsoever, hit Spidey a bunch of times when he shouldn't have been able to.

Spider-Man's awareness and reaction-times are so fast that he can perceive the individual beats of a fly's wings. That was the purpose of Flash fight scene, to show us at what level this guy operates at.

So if we're using highest showings (which we should be) for both, Spider-Man can easily keep track of an react to Cullen, adding in his Spider-Sense is just an added bonus.

Ascendancy
Why can't Spidey web up the area around him so that the vamp gets trapped? He's fought and survived a vamp before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.