Transformers vs Tripods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
The Autobots (circa the final Bay film) take on the Tri-Pods from the Spielberg film. Can the Autobots protect Earth from invasion?

KingD19
What were some Tripod feats?

the ninjak
Beams that turned people into particles.

I don't know about defense.

Lestov16
They had force fields IIRC

Sadako of Girth
Well the BayFormers weapons were shown to do that too in the Dark of the Moon.

And at least the Helicopter one in the 1st one had shields (that were later gone when Sabot rounds were employed.)

Tripods have size but the Tfs have mavuveurability and some have total control over all things mechanical. Plus if Sam Witwicky has a cold, the Tripods are f***ed.

the ninjak
I would normally say no humans in the battle arena.

But the OP does state EARTH as the battlefield. Which is ripe in filth.

Transformers ftw. via filth!

BruceSkywalker
Transformers destroy tripods.. tripods had no feats basically and then they succumbed to bacteria.. transformers were shown to be excellent fighters with good weaponry.. best thing about war of the worlds remake was seeing gene barry and anne robinson

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by the ninjak
I would normally say no humans in the battle arena.

But the OP does state EARTH as the battlefield. Which is ripe in filth.

Transformers ftw. via filth!

They win by my washing up in my sink alone....!!!!

smokin'

The Silent Hero
With disease the tripods lose of course, but they could probably wipe out the Autobots before that happens. Their shields are basically impenetrable, the humans used missile barrages, javelins, etc. and they had absolutely no effect.

Even without force fields, they have numbers on their side (1000s of them vs. a dozen or so Autobots). Transformers have been beaten with automatic rifles, grenades, etc. the tripods took on the US army and came out on top.

Sadako of Girth
This should then have been called "Autobots vs Tripods."

Cause if the combined might of the Decepticons and Autobots turned up, the Tripods would be fubared.

One shielded decepticon took out an entire airbase and went about his day.

G1 Megatron in the comics took the equivalent of the abuse that the tripods took in the biggest battle they had singlehandedly, laughed, and went back into his fortress.

And Unicron would have eaten Mars and destroyed all the tripods just by willing it from millions of miles away in space.

So, without biological weapons, with it being a handful of Autobots only, no decepticons against the other side, with it being Bay Formers in particular, we can see that it is TFs at their lowest possible denominator vs entire planet full of uninhibited devastating attack force.

KingD19
Were the Tri-Pods protected from physical attacks or people/objects entering their force fields? Because Bumblebee and Optimus will tear shit up in melee range.

Sadako of Girth
Not that I can recall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.