Blue Marvel Challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
So in Blue Marvel's limited appearances he seemed very impressive & powerful. (I really like the character and wish they do more with him). Anyway it's pretty clear that he is one of Marvels top guns. So for this thread I'm curious to see how KMC thinks he would do against the other top heralds in comics.

This ISN'T A GAUNTLET. just want to know how BM does against each opponent.

1. Thor
2. Superman
3. Hulk
4. Captain Marvel
5. Nova Prime
6. Hal Jordan
7. Silver Surfer
8. Wonder Woman
9. Gladiator
10. Martian Manhunter

How would he do in a fight against these guys?

srankmissingnin
They all beat him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
They all beat him.

Pretty much, yeah.

Some fights are closer than others, and some I can see Blue Marvel pulling out an upset, but for the majority, they should all beat him.

byrdgang21
So a guy who one shorted Sentry can't beat any of these guys?

Sounds racist

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by byrdgang21

Sounds racist

laughing out loud

Most of these guys, under the same conditions, could flash KO Sentry as he was portrayed in that mini. You also have Namor directly comparing his strength to Hulk and Thor (not above it, which is important) and the fact that his creator clearly intended Blue Marvel to be at the top tier level, not above it.

That in turn forces us to look at feats in addition to intent and overall portrayal. To that end, he's not going to beat anyone here for the majority. I don't see him being stomped or beaten easily, though.

Mindset
Nothing but racism.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Most of these guys, under the same conditions, could flash KO Sentry as he was portrayed in that mini. You also have Namor directly comparing his strength to Hulk and Thor (not above it, which is important) and the fact that his creator clearly intended Blue Marvel to be at the top tier level, not above it.

That in turn forces us to look at feats in addition to intent and overall portrayal. To that end, he's not going to beat anyone here for the majority. I don't see him being stomped or beaten easily, though.

So you're not giving him any wins soley on lack of feats?

I really wish they would bring him back. He seems to have so much potential.

srankmissingnin

Sounds racist

He managed a brief BFR and Sentry came back the next paged and tko'd him. He has 5 appearances... and none of them have the feats to suggest he could take the clear majority against any of these guys,

Mindset
http://i.saucesome.net/cZH.gif

JakeTheBank
So you're not giving him any wins soley on lack of feats?

I really wish they would bring him back. He seems to have so much potential.

He does have good feats such as beating Anti-Man, his fight with the Mighty Avengers, and beating King Hyperion, and it's clear he's meant to be a physical peer to the likes of Hulk and Thor, but that doesn't mean he can beat them. I have no doubt he could give everyone on the list a fight, possibly even a stalemate, but I don't see him outright defeating anyone.

He is a good and well thought out new character, though.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Mindset
http://i.saucesome.net/cZH.gif

LOL

byrdgang21
He does have good feats such as beating Anti-Man, his fight with the Mighty Avengers, and beating King Hyperion, and it's clear he's meant to be a physical peer to the likes of Hulk and Thor, but that doesn't mean he can beat them. I have no doubt he could give everyone on the list a fight, possibly even a stalemate, but I don't see him outright defeating anyone.

He is a good and well thought out new character, though.

Idk why they wouldn't at the least have him join the avengers. He can be their big gun and replace Sentry. Also with his military background, they may be able to use that to create a nice dynamic with him & Cap. There is really so much they can do with him. And with the way Thor has been treated lately the Avengers can definitely use another big gun.

JakeTheBank
Idk why they wouldn't at the least have him join the avengers. He can be their big gun and replace Sentry. Also with his military background, they may be able to use that to create a nice dynamic with him & Cap. There is really so much they can do with him. And with the way Thor has been treated lately the Avengers can definitely use another big gun.

He was used briefly in the Heroic Age by his creator, Grevioux (sp?), but outside of that, not much has happened.

I'd like to see him further fleshed out on his own, though it's more likely if we do see more of him it will be on a team.

srankmissingnin
He'll probably show up and get Worf'd by the next Superman expy Marvel creates/

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He'll probably show up and get Worf'd by the next Superman expy Marvel creates/

Probably.

I have no doubt that his purpose on a team would be to look impressive and formidable for a few issues to establish him as a top tier powerhouse, only to get Worf'd by the threat of the month. And I don't think he'd sustain an ongoing on his own.

byrdgang21
He was used briefly in the Heroic Age by his creator, Grevioux (sp?), but outside of that, not much has happened.

I'd like to see him further fleshed out on his own, though it's more likely if we do see more of him it will be on a team.

Yea I know but that was just a feature. I'd like to see him in a more permanent role. I agree with you that he should be featured as a solo character but I highly doubt Marvel would do that

basilisk
At the moment, yeah he would lose the majority to pretty much all these guys, some more than others though not by stompings.

If they do bring him back they probably need to tone him down a bit. The author kind of made him to much of a 12 year-old fanboy's character (in fact I think he created him while he was a kid, and it shows). Making a character who is as strong as Thor or Hulk, can fly and has antimatter powers etc, and he's a top genius and scientist, and he's a decorated military guy, and he's friends with the Watcher, and Sub-Mariner, and he was an important historical figure, and he was friends with the President, and he beats down King Hyperion - all in his first two appearances - it's just too much. I'm not surprised they haven't used him again outside of What If. There's almost nowhere for a character like that to go.

Actually these days he'd probably beat Thor like everyone else does.

dmills
Originally posted by basilisk
At the moment, yeah he would lose the majority to pretty much all these guys, some more than others though not by stompings.

If they do bring him back they probably need to tone him down a bit. The author kind of made him to much of a 12 year-old fanboy's character (in fact I think he created him while he was a kid, and it shows). Making a character who is as strong as Thor or Hulk, can fly and has antimatter powers etc, and he's a top genius and scientist, and he's a decorated military guy, and he's friends with the Watcher, and Sub-Mariner, and he was an important historical figure, and he was friends with the President, and he beats down King Hyperion - all in his first two appearances - it's just too much. I'm not surprised they haven't used him again outside of What If. There's almost nowhere for a character like that to go.

True. He beats Gladiator for sure though eek!

byrdgang21

That's really not that much different than Sentry having every power imaginable. They should just bring BM & Sentry/Void back and just have Bob be a straight up Villain & have BM be his main adversary.

JakeTheBank
Blue Marvel was an interesting character whose existence didn't drastically alter or shit on other character's established canon like Sentry did. And Marvel was never intended to be > than the top tiers in comics, just a peer among them. Sentry, on the other hand, was intended to be the single greatest hero of all time and got ridiculous feats to attempt to justify it.

8swords
1. Thor - AvX, BM wins
2. Superman -BM loses
3. Hulk - BM loses unless its professor hulk stick out tongue
4. Captain Marvel loses
5. Nova Prime- BM wins(actually I dunno why, i just think he wins this one :lolsmile
6. Hal Jordan- BM loses
7. Silver Surfer-BM loses
8. Wonder Woman-BM loses
9. Gladiator-IMHO (glads somewhat = sentry) so BM
10. Martian Manhunter - debatablestick out tongue

8swords
Pretty much, yeah.

Some fights are closer than others, and some I can see Blue Marvel pulling out an upset, but for the majority, they should all beat him.

no offense jake but when i first read your response, i thought it was racist, :P

CosmicComet

Yeah, he came off as a Gary Stu for Grevioux.

But at the same time, Grevioux was careful to try to point out in dialogue and interviews that he was simply meant to be at level with the top tiers in Marvel, not above it.

-Anyway, he could get a split against Thor physically at least. Thor can do a lot of things he cannot though.

-He loses 10/10 to Superman--not fast enough, only a bullet timer at best by bio extrapolations.

-Looks good against Hulk for a little while, but he's not too fast for Hulk and in the end Hulk's strength feats do shit on his...Maybe his more esoteric powers could help him.

-Captain Marvel, see Superman.

-Nova's far too fast for him.

-Hal Jordan. Krona buster ftw.

-Surfer is too fast perception speed wise, and can do anything he can and more.

-WW, again see Superman.

-Gladiator is too fast, and matches him everywhere else except the whole 'anti-matter' thing.

-J'onn by feat extrapolations, but I'll just say J'onn one shots himself.

celeyhyga17
So in Blue Marvel's limited appearances he seemed very impressive & powerful. (I really like the character and wish they do more with him). Anyway it's pretty clear that he is one of Marvels top guns. So for this thread I'm curious to see how KMC thinks he would do against the other top heralds in comics.

This ISN'T A GAUNTLET. just want to know how BM does against each opponent.

1. Thor
2. Superman
3. Hulk
4. Captain Marvel
5. Nova Prime
6. Hal Jordan
7. Silver Surfer
8. Wonder Woman
9. Gladiator
10. Martian Manhunter

He could prolly take wins from all. They can all beat him too.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He could prolly take wins from all. They can all beat him too.

This and the most wins I would give anyone here over him (I'm using 2004 Hulk) is 6/10.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
This and the most wins I would give anyone here over him (I'm using 2004 Hulk) is 6/10.
laughing out loud

zopzop

1. Thor
2. Superman
3. Hulk
4. Captain Marvel
5. Nova Prime
6. Hal Jordan
7. Silver Surfer
8. Wonder Woman
9. Gladiator
10. Martian Manhunter

I see Blue Marvel getting majority wins vs :
Gladiator
Hal Jordan
Nova Prime
Wonder Woman (assuming he avoids the lasso)
Keep in mind, these would IMHO be close fights, but he wins them.

I see Blue Marvel getting 50/50 vs :
Superman
Captain Marvel
Savage or lesser Hulk

I see Blue Marvel losing vs :
Thor
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman (if she lasso's him)
Martian Manhunter
Any Hulk greater than Savage Hulk (assuming BFR is off)
These guys and gals are too powerful and versatile so they overwhelm him.

CosmicComet
How does Blue Marvel, being millions of times slower than Superman by feats or bio stats, get 50/50 with Superman?

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
I see Blue Marvel getting majority wins vs :
Gladiator
Hal Jordan
Nova Prime
Wonder Woman (assuming he avoids the lasso)
Keep in mind, these would IMHO be close fights, but he wins them.

I see Blue Marvel getting 50/50 vs :
Superman
Captain Marvel
Savage or lesser Hulk

I see Blue Marvel losing vs :
Thor
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman (if she lasso's him)
Martian Manhunter
Any Hulk greater than Savage Hulk (assuming BFR is off)
These guys and gals are too powerful and versatile so they overwhelm him.
You think that blue marvel can get a split against superman? Based on?

carver9
.Originally posted by CosmicComet
How does Blue Marvel, being millions of times slower than Superman by feats or bio stats, get 50/50 with Superman?

This style of debate is driving mean insane.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend

Question. Has Superman ever withstood anitmatter?

CosmicComet

This style of debate is driving mean insane.

Of course it does.

You've yet to form a rebuttal against it.

You don't get access to levels of power you don't demonstrate or even get stated to have.

Harbinger
Blue Marvel's biggest negative is his lack of appearances/feats. Given that, he's pretty much at a disadvantage against everyone on this list. His best feats--punching Sentry into orbit and beating the Anti-Man--don't begin to stack up to the averages of most of the characters listed here. Some fights are closer than others; I think he'd give Nova/Savage Hulk a good run. He's overmatched against the rest, though, given that the others have significant feats that allow them to punch above their weight classes when pushed.

abhilegend
Question. Has Superman ever withstood anitmatter?
Yeah, he has. Both antimatter and Positron attacks.

carver9
Yeah, he has. Both antimatter and Positron attacks.

Do you have scans of this.?

Involving the fts of Blue Marvel. He also worked King Hyperion, threw an emblem and almost split the moon in half, carried a city around...towing an asteroid that was the size of a state.

zopzop
Originally posted by CosmicComet
How does Blue Marvel, being millions of times slower than Superman by feats or bio stats, get 50/50 with Superman? Originally posted by abhilegend
The reason why I gave BM a 50/50 split vs Flying Bricks is because they don't have plot device powers or items (Mjolnir or Lasso of Truth) to use against BM.

Strength, stamina, invulnerability wise, I see BM as a peer to SM/CM/Thor. SM and CM's only other exotic abilities (Heat Vision, Cold Breath, Shazam Bolt) can be countered by BM's anti-matter abilities.

CosmicComet
It's not even a worth arguing whether BM is a peer with Superman on those fronts.

By feats, he's not, but let's just say he is for a moment.

In the end, he's still not a peer in speed however. Not even comparable.

How does he win at all in a forum?

abhilegend
Do you have scans of this.?

Involving the fts of Blue Marvel. He also worked King Hyperion, threw an emblem and almost split the moon in half, carried a city around...towing an asteroid that was the size of a state.
Yep.

Those are below average feat for superman. He held back hitting a ball so that it doesn't split the moon in half, byrne superman lifted metropolis easily and lifted and carried a mountain to space which could've crushed metropolis in a single step. FYI metropolis is a state in itself.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
The reason why I gave BM a 50/50 split vs Flying Bricks is because they don't have plot device powers or items (Mjolnir or Lasso of Truth) to use against BM.

Strength, stamina, invulnerability wise, I see BM as a peer to SM/CM/Thor. SM and CM's only other exotic abilities (Heat Vision, Cold Breath, Shazam Bolt) can be countered by BM's anti-matter abilities.
Superman is above these standard Thor level bricks. The only guy who can match him in strength in marvel is an angry hulk. As for other parameters we can extrapolate BM all we want, but he would never come even close to superman. Superman beats these types of characters every week and twice on sunday.

carver9
Yep.

Those are below average feat for superman. He held back hitting a ball so that it doesn't split the moon in half, byrne superman lifted metropolis easily and lifted and carried a mountain to space which could've crushed metropolis in a single step. FYI metropolis is a state in itself.

My posts about BM fts wasn't directed at you or against Superman since I think both are equals strength wise. I just consider BM more powerful based on what he has shown.

abhilegend
My posts about BM fts wasn't directed at you or against Superman since I think both are equals strength wise. I just consider BM more powerful based on what he has shown.
Sure carv. Good thing is that you're a famous superman hater and your opinion is worthless in a superman related thread. However how are they equally strong when a weaker superman has better feats on average and how's he more powerful?

Stoic
Adam is strong no matter what people think. He would do well against any of the guys in this thread, and held back against the Avengers and tried to talk it out with them, while they assaulted him. That team wasn't comprised of a bunch of weaklings. Sentry, Wonder Man, and Ms. Marvel together are a force to be reckoned with, and I could easily see that team pushing to outright defeating most of the characters in this thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Adam is strong no matter what people think. He would do well against any of the guys in this thread, and held back against the Avengers and tried to talk it out with them, while they assaulted him. That team wasn't comprised of a bunch of weaklings. Sentry, Wonder Man, and Ms. Marvel together are a force to be reckoned with, and I could easily see that team pushing to outright defeating most of the characters in this thread.
A young namor beat a more impressive team. Sentry, simon, Ares and Iron man. He was beating Ares and Wonder man together and two shotted sentry.

Stoic
A young namor beat a more impressive team. Sentry, simon, Ares and Iron man. He was beating Ares and Wonder man together and two shotted sentry.

Yeah and Sentry ripped Ares apart, and out muscled an older Namor. Why bring up poorly written books to make a point? Adam is also more powerful than Namor, as was the Sentry, King Hyperion, and Anti Man.

carver9
Yeah, Antiman worked the Avengers and BM was the only one capable of stopping him. King Hyperion is a beast as well and BM dropped him with a couple of well placed blows. Sentry got dropped by him with a well placed blow. BM is powerful as h*** and abhi, I don't care what you think I think aout Supes, outside of lifting fts, BM has proven he is on his level, hell, his punching power is freaking insane.

abhilegend
Yeah and Sentry ripped Ares apart, and out muscled an older Namor. Why bring up poorly written books to make a point? Adam is also more powerful than Namor, as was the Sentry, King Hyperion, and Anti Man.
Voidsentry you mean. FYI namor took many punches from voidsentry and was just fine. That's a poor excuse "it was a poorly written book". Sentry at that time was getting worked by hercules and she hulk. He is, but he isn't much stronger than namor if at all.Originally posted by carver9
Yeah, Antiman worked the Avengers and BM was the only one capable of stopping him. King Hyperion is a beast as well and BM dropped him with a couple of well placed blows. Sentry got dropped by him with a well placed blow. BM is powerful as h*** and abhi, I don't care what you think I think aout Supes, outside of lifting fts, BM has proven he is on his level, hell, his punching power is freaking insane.
Stop talking. You are again talking which you don't know much. Its just your love for superman clones. Oh and king hyperion broke his hand punching a depowered juggernaut.

Stoic
Voidsentry you mean. FYI namor took many punches from voidsentry and was just fine. That's a poor excuse "it was a poorly written book". Sentry at that time was getting worked by hercules and she hulk. He is, but he isn't much stronger than namor if at all.
Stop talking. You are again talking which you don't know much. Its just your love for superman clones. Oh and king hyperion broke his hand punching a depowered juggernaut.

Was king Hyperion depowered during that battle with Cain? Also Cain wasn't that weak at that time. Adam by all rights is a heavy weight. Marvel has got to give him more ink time, because the few feats that he did have weren't bad at all.

Voidsentry would have destroyed any version of Namor, and the idea that you bring this up confirms your inability to debate in a rational way.

abhilegend
Was king Hyperion depowered during that battle with Cain? Also Cain wasn't that weak at that time. Adam by all rights is a heavy weight. Marvel has got to give him more ink time, because the few feats that he did have weren't bad at all.

Voidsentry would have destroyed any version of Namor, and the idea that you bring this up confirms your inability to debate in a rational way.
Nope. He however beat cain badly after that. Strange comic. I know BM is supposed to be a heavyweight but his lack of feats hurt him. Could voidsentry destroy namor with his molecular manipulation as shown with Ares? Sure. Can he do it physically? Not so sure. Did he do it in actual comic? Nope and none of your denial would change it.

Stoic
Nope. He however beat cain badly after that. Strange comic. I know BM is supposed to be a heavyweight but his lack of feats hurt him. Could voidsentry destroy namor with his molecular manipulation as shown with Ares? Sure. Can he do it physically? Not so sure. Did he do it in actual comic? Nope and none of your denial would change it.

Anti Man was a huge threat alone. Namor would not be able to defeat Sentry if he was going at him the way that he went at Adam. These are clearly two different tiers and levels of power. Sentry was able to punk Terrax with a smile, and I wouldn't lay odds on Namor beating a well written Terrax.

For some reason plot has always served to depower or even the playing field. It's happened to Superman, Hulk, Thor, Sentry, and any other powerful character. Using low showings and ignoring the high ones is horrible reasoning, because most people know that Namor (any Namor) would be wrecked by the Sentry. That Invaders cross was horribly written. Unless of course you believe that teen Namor would have done better than the Sentry when he fought the Hulk.

Adam's punches alone are lethal, and he can amp those punches with anti matter. I can't see how he wouldn't give any of the guys in this thread a heavy workout.

Wait a sec, when did it state the Sentry ripped Ares apart using molecular manipulation?

carver9

Stop acting like Namor is some type of weak sauce. Looking at his fts, he would give Superman a fight as well and denying this is ignoring what Namor has done.

Stoic
Stop acting like Namor is some type of weak sauce. Looking at his fts, he would give Superman a fight as well and denying this is ignoring what Namor has done.

No namor really wouldn't unless Superman was written down to his level. one dose of HV is all that it would take for Namor to call it quits. Just go back and check out what a warehouse fire did to a copy of him during the Exiles arc. Namor is not in this tier of power.

-Pr-

A fight =/= capable of regularly beating him.

Stow it, son.

abhilegend
Anti Man was a huge threat alone. Namor would not be able to defeat Sentry if he was going at him the way that he went at Adam. These are clearly two different tiers and levels of power. Sentry was able to punk Terrax with a smile, and I wouldn't lay odds on Namor beating a well written Terrax.

For some reason plot has always served to depower or even the playing field. It's happened to Superman, Hulk, Thor, Sentry, and any other powerful character. Using low showings and ignoring the high ones is horrible reasoning, because most people know that Namor (any Namor) would be wrecked by the Sentry. That Invaders cross was horribly written. Unless of course you believe that teen Namor would have done better than the Sentry when he fought the Hulk.

Adam's punches alone are lethal, and he can amp those punches with anti matter. I can't see how he wouldn't give any of the guys in this thread a heavy workout.

Wait a sec, when did it state the Sentry ripped Ares apart using molecular manipulation?
Who is saying otherwise? However BM got an advantage over him that he was powered up by anti matter too. BM flash koed the same emo sentry which everyone else was beating upon. These guys are all durable enough to take a couple of anti-energy amped shots. In a what if, which showed what would've happened if ares had refused to go to asgard. And yes what ifs are canon to the point of divergence.Originally posted by carver9
Stop talking.

Stoic
Who is saying otherwise? However BM got an advantage over him that he was powered up by anti matter too. BM flash koed the same emo sentry which everyone else was beating upon. These guys are all durable enough to take a couple of anti-energy amped shots. In a what if, which showed what would've happened if ares had refused to go to asgard. And yes what ifs are canon to the point of divergence.

You're using a What If comic to replace the scene where Bob rips Ares apart with strength alone? Are you serious?

Sentry was fighting Adam to the best of his ability, and he was owned with one good punch. To say otherwise is a simple downplay of the showing. Pretty low tactic TBH.

They could take a few, but what if he decides to keep hitting them in a stunned condition? Adam is on the level, Hal would likely get his face punched in once those shields are compromised.

Really Abhi, you should try to give credit where it's due. In Adams short run, he has done nothing that should allow anyone to give him a low grade, or push him down to Firelord, or Terrax's low to mid Herald tier.

-Pr-
Who is saying otherwise? However BM got an advantage over him that he was powered up by anti matter too. BM flash koed the same emo sentry which everyone else was beating upon. These guys are all durable enough to take a couple of anti-energy amped shots. In a what if, which showed what would've happened if ares had refused to go to asgard. And yes what ifs are canon to the point of divergence.
Stop talking.

The divergence wasn't at the start of the comic like with most what ifs?

abhilegend
You're using a What If comic to replace the scene where Bob rips Ares apart with strength alone? Are you serious?

Sentry was fighting Adam to the best of his ability, and he was owned with one good punch. To say otherwise is a simple downplay of the showing. Pretty low tactic TBH.

They could take a few, but what if he decides to keep hitting them in a stunned condition? Adam is on the level, Hal would likely get his face punched in once those shields are compromised.

Really Abhi, you should try to give credit where it's due. In Adams short run, he has done nothing that should allow anyone to give him a low grade, or push him down to Firelord, or Terrax's low to mid Herald tier.
What ifs diverted from main reality are canon till the diversion point and it explained why Thor was able to kill voidsentry i.e. killing a god weakened void. I don't see what's so difficult to understand here. He was fighting namor with best of his abilities too and see what happened. I'm giving his enough credits here. You think being in firelord's tier is insulting? Firelord has owned surfer twice, stalemated and was choking thor down and made phoenix said that he possesses enough power to kill her. BM has good, some very good feats but so does every other character. What adam lacks is enough appearances to determine his average. The guy doesn't have enough feats to compare him with other high heralds. Hal has taken suckershots from people like black adam and his shields have sustained, heck he was once punched through entire planet and was just fine. GL autoshields are the best in business.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.