Surfer with PG vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
Surfer has the PG and AMPS FOR A COMPLETE 24 HOURS.

No bfr, no manipulation of time

1. Straight fight in space far away from civilizations
2. Odin in Destroyer Armor in space far away from civilizations

h1a8
I'll go with surfer here.

Terryc250
If Thanos can hang with a PG warrior madness Thor. I don't see why Odin wouldn't beat a PG Surfer.

bbrem123
all depends on surfers knowledge of using the gem.

Black bolt z
I'm gonna say Surfer cannot take Odin.

Stoic
Without PIS to lean on while considering exactly what the Power Gem is meant to do for it's wielder. The Surfer could or would not lose this. Of course this all depends on the Surfers ability to use the gem. If he just gets the gem, and amps all night, Odin would slap him down, but if he knew how to use the gem to it's full potential... Well there would be no stopping him.

Bouboumaster
Surfer know how to use the gems. He would rape Odin.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer know how to use the gems. He would rape Odin.

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

He clearly has no penis.

no expression

the Darkone
Odin

h1a8
Remember guys this isn't Surfer with the PG.
It's Surfer with the PG with 24 hr of amping.
Big difference.
Not only did Thor not amp much from the PG but he only had it for a small moment before fighting Thanos.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Remember guys this isn't Surfer with the PG.
It's Surfer with the PG with 24 hr of amping.
Big difference.
Not only did Thor not amp much from the PG but he only had it for a small moment before fighting Thanos.

Uhm yeah the PG doesn't work that way, if the Surfer did not know how to use it he would be beaten, but if he could use it with the same apttitude that Thanos, or Warlock could, than he would win. The Gem does not need to be revved up in order to go from 0-60, it just makes the knowledgeable wielder as powerful as they need to be.

janus77
Power Cosmic + Cosmic artefact = ultimate win.

Still, I'm not convinced the PG is all that, on its own. I can't see it bridging the gap between Surfer and Odin.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Uhm yeah the PG doesn't work that way, if the Surfer did not know how to use it he would be beaten, but if he could use it with the same apttitude that Thanos, or Warlock could, than he would win. The Gem does not need to be revved up in order to go from 0-60, it just makes the knowledgeable wielder as powerful as they need to be.
Surfer is a master energy absorber (like Thanos). He knows more about absorbing energy (subconsciously as well) with the best of them. He has absorbed stars for crying out loud. Not only will he be absorbing the energy consciously well but unconsciously well.

Stoic
Surfer is a master energy absorber (like Thanos). He knows more about absorbing energy (subconsciously as well) with the best of them. He has absorbed stars for crying out loud. Not only will he be absorbing the energy consciously well but unconsciously well.

The PG does not work like that though. The Surfers amped or base stats get overwritten the moment that he sticks that gem on himself. If he understands how to use the PG on the level of Thanos or Warlock, everything about him jumps to infinity. His blasts, his durability, and any other ability that he possesses. The reason that comics don't really show how powerful a PG wielder would really become is due to plot, because let's face it, no one would be able to beat the invincible, and infinitely powerful. Of course if the Surfer does not have a firm grip on the PG's usage he would be defeated with ease.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
The PG does not work like that though. The Surfers amped or base stats get overwritten the moment that he sticks that gem on himself. If he understands how to use the PG on the level of Thanos or Warlock, everything about him jumps to infinity. His blasts, his durability, and any other ability that he possesses. The reason that comics don't really show how powerful a PG wielder would really become is due to plot, because let's face it, no one would be able to beat the invincible, and infinitely powerful. Of course if the Surfer does not have a firm grip on the PG's usage he would be defeated with ease. WM Thor arc proves it does work that way. It states that Thor was constantly amping and will eventually be powerful enough to destroy the universe. It even showed him tapping into the PG more and more when he was incased in the force block.
Bottom line, surfer would be astronomically more powerful after 24 hr with the PG than 1hr.

DarkOdin
WM Thor arc proves it does work that way. It states that Thor was constantly amping and will eventually be powerful enough to destroy the universe. It even showed him tapping into the PG more and more when he was incased in the force block.
Bottom line, surfer would be astronomically more powerful after 24 hr with the PG than 1hr. Ya but the fact the Thor was amping the whole time and in the force block still amping he failed to break out where Odin had no problem, Thor is no stranger to using items simliar to that of the PG If anythign he has more experience then Surfer. ANd Yet PGTHOr was still way below Odin I can't see surfer tapping into the gem like thanos of Warlock could with only 24 hours

rotiart
The power gem taps into infinite power. It was what made all the other gems have infinite range in the gauntlet....

But barring those instances and Thor you really have guys like drax and champion who when holding onto it just become better bricks...

I could see the argument for a time related amping though. Thanks collected the gems and there was a behind the scenes adjustment to the amping when he collected the gems in thanos quest.

In any case.... To me:

A surfer backed by the power gem is akin to galactus...

And galactus beats Odin.....

:-P

DarkOdin
Originally posted by rotiart
The power gem taps into infinite power. It was what made all the other gems have infinite range in the gauntlet....

But barring those instances and Thor you really have guys like drax and champion who when holding onto it just become better bricks...

I could see the argument for a time related amping though. Thanks collected the gems and there was a behind the scenes adjustment to the amping when he collected the gems in thanos quest.

In any case.... To me:

A surfer backed by the power gem is akin to galactus...

And galactus beats Odin.....

:-P

If i am not mistaken the gems can only be used to their full potential when all are united others anyone with the power gem would be almost unstoppable which we know is not the case

Stoic

Like I said before, plot is what keeps the Power Gem from truly being what it was first written to be. Thanos used Power to blast several planets to dust, and the Celestials that tossed them at him away with ease.

janus77
Are the gems really that effective individually? The eternals didn't seem that impressive with the gems, Hood wasn't that uber with the power gem either.

If the PG does provide access to infinite energies, then it seems its rarely written up to that level.

As far as accessing it goes, I can't imagine anyone under Galactus doing a better job with the Power Gem than Surfer. More than characters like Thor and Thanos, Surfer's innate Cosmic Awareness will latch onto the PG and provide him with the understanding to make optimal use of it. Surfer's experience with the Power Cosmic should also inform him of the nature of the Gem too.

IF the PG is that powerful, individually, but requires skilled usage, then Surfer should stomp Odin, because I can't see any reason why Surfer would fail to properly utilise it given the nature of his powers AND the Cosmic Awareness.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Ya but the fact the Thor was amping the whole time and in the force block still amping he failed to break out where Odin had no problem, Thor is no stranger to using items simliar to that of the PG If anythign he has more experience then Surfer. ANd Yet PGTHOr was still way below Odin I can't see surfer tapping into the gem like thanos of Warlock could with only 24 hours

Thor has limited experience with amping (belt of strength). He usually absorbs energy through Mjolnir, not through his body to make him stronger. He utilized the PG poorly during the whole arc. He would have eventually gotten out of the force block as the comic stated. So again 24hr of amping is far more than 1 hr of amping which is my point.

Surfer amping with the PG for just 1 min would probably double his power. Look at how the PG amped characters that had no where close to Surfer's energy absorbtion ability. Ms Marvel with the PG was at least double her original power almost INSTANTLY. It all depends on how well the user can amp from it. Surfer can definitely use it better than anyone who ever had the PG.

Remember guys this isn't Surfer with a power upgrade with the PG.
This is Surfer with a power upgrade and with more amping over a 24hr period.
I'm the OP and this is what I mean and want.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by janus77
Are the gems really that effective individually? The eternals didn't seem that impressive with the gems, Hood wasn't that uber with the power gem either.

If the PG does provide access to infinite energies, then it seems its rarely written up to that level.

As far as accessing it goes, I can't imagine anyone under Galactus doing a better job with the Power Gem than Surfer. More than characters like Thor and Thanos, Surfer's innate Cosmic Awareness will latch onto the PG and provide him with the understanding to make optimal use of it. Surfer's experience with the Power Cosmic should also inform him of the nature of the Gem too.

IF the PG is that powerful, individually, but requires skilled usage, then Surfer should stomp Odin, because I can't see any reason why Surfer would fail to properly utilise it given the nature of his powers AND the Cosmic Awareness.

Didn't some of the Elder's of the Universe have cosmic awareness as well? Especially Grand Master?

Odin likely takes this fight. The only time the PG was infinity in power was when the user had the other gems with it. In the same way the PG amps the other gems, it seems like the other gems like mind, soul, time, space, and reality give greater knowledge/access to into using each gems properly. This coincides with the reality gem's case where it's been stated to be the most dangerous gem to use if it was not used in unison with the other gems. Even Thor couldn't amp enough to wreck Thanos the way Odin did. Surfer does have cosmic awareness but even then it's limited. I don't see it giving him the level knowledge to access the PG properly enough to beat Odin.

DarkOdin
Thor has limited experience with amping (belt of strength). He usually absorbs energy through Mjolnir, not through his body to make him stronger. He utilized the PG poorly during the whole arc. He would have eventually gotten out of the force block as the comic stated. So again 24hr of amping is far more than 1 hr of amping which is my point.

Surfer amping with the PG for just 1 min would probably double his power. Look at how the PG amped characters that had no where close to Surfer's energy absorbtion ability. Ms Marvel with the PG was at least double her original power almost INSTANTLY. It all depends on how well the user can amp from it. Surfer can definitely use it better than anyone who ever had the PG.

Remember guys this isn't Surfer with a power upgrade with the PG.
This is Surfer with a power upgrade and with more amping over a 24hr period.
I'm the OP and this is what I mean and want. Thor has alot of amping expereince via the Odinpower, Like i said Thor has more experience with amping relics, PLus as i stated and others the PG doesn't amp you to infinte strength only time it showed to do this is when all the gems were together

h1a8
Thor has alot of amping expereince via the Odinpower, Like i said Thor has more experience with amping relics, PLus as i stated and others the PG doesn't amp you to infinte strength only time it showed to do this is when all the gems were together Thor never amped with the Odinpower. He just had it.
Thor has almost no experience or feats amping off outside energies (whether through relics or anything else).

Of course the PG doesn't give one infinite power but it does amp one very well, especially over time.
IMO, a 100x more powerful Surfer can fight Odin to a good fight. If the PG can double your power in 1 hour then in 24hr Surfer would be over 16 million times more powerful.

h1a8
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Didn't some of the Elder's of the Universe have cosmic awareness as well? Especially Grand Master?

Odin likely takes this fight. The only time the PG was infinity in power was when the user had the other gems with it. In the same way the PG amps the other gems, it seems like the other gems like mind, soul, time, space, and reality give greater knowledge/access to into using each gems properly. This coincides with the reality gem's case where it's been stated to be the most dangerous gem to use if it was not used in unison with the other gems. Even Thor couldn't amp enough to wreck Thanos the way Odin did. Surfer does have cosmic awareness but even then it's limited. I don't see it giving him the level knowledge to access the PG properly enough to beat Odin.

All he needs to do it amp off it for 24hr. Read the OP. This is not
Surfer with PG vs. Odin
This is Surfer with PG AFTER amping 24hr with the PG

Also a character don't need infinite power to beat Odin.

DarkOdin
Thor never amped with the Odinpower. He just had it.
Thor has almost no experience or feats amping off outside energies (whether through relics or anything else).

Of course the PG doesn't give one infinite power but it does amp one very well, especially over time.
IMO, a 100x more powerful Surfer can fight Odin to a good fight. If the PG can double your power in 1 hour then in 24hr Surfer would be over 16 million times more powerful. You statement here is so wrong it is not even funny

Thor has ton's of feats amping with items

Belt of strength
Odinpower

Odinpower example
When he fought Thanos' clone with the belt sheild an etc.

Dented capt's sheild

Anything he did as king Thor like beheading the destoryer

THe PG never show to double someone's strength in a 1 and you whole 100x more powerful is backed by no feats on a power gem only weilder

When has SS use a relics to amping himself i can't think of one

Nihilist
The irony of h1 saying about how Surfer would amp is laughable when you consider his stance that Thor never amped via the PG when he fought Thanos.

the Darkone
That's H1 for you, doesn't know what the hell he is talking about!! He is the joe Biden on this forum, constantly saying stupid thigs and making himself look like a idiot

h1a8
You statement here is so wrong it is not even funny

Thor has ton's of feats amping with items

Belt of strength
Odinpower

Odinpower example
When he fought Thanos' clone with the belt sheild an etc.

Dented capt's sheild

Anything he did as king Thor like beheading the destoryer

THe PG never show to double someone's strength in a 1 and you whole 100x more powerful is backed by no feats on a power gem only weilder

When has SS use a relics to amping himself i can't think of one

I already mentioned the belt of strength in the beginning (which doesn't count because it automatically grants 2x strength without the user even trying). He never amped with the Odinpower. Meaning, AFTER receiving the Odinpower he never amped.

SS can absorb energy from solid objects, especially relics that allows the user to freely do it. Use common sense. It is clear that Surfer can amp hella well with the PG.

The PG more than doubled several users strength INSTANTLY (fuk an hour)

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
That's H1 for you, doesn't know what the hell he is talking about!! He is the joe Biden on this forum, constantly saying stupid thigs and making himself look like a idiot Don't believe everything you hear. I never said that.

Originally posted by Nihilist
The irony of h1 saying about how Surfer would amp is laughable when you consider his stance that Thor never amped via the PG when he fought Thanos. I never said that. I said PG wasn't more than 2x his normal self. Being 2x is certainly an amp.

Nihilist
Bwhahaha and how do you come up with 2x bullshit when Thor had the gem for a good length of time.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
Bwhahaha and how do you come up with 2x bullshit when Thor had the gem for a good length of time. I didn't say Thor was 2x more. I said he wasn't more than 2x more. That means he could have been less (like 1.5x). We know I'm right because of direct feats. PG Thor has no feats that show him being more than 2x more powerful than his normal self. Thor simply wasn't amping off the PG fast enough. He only consciously amped against Strange's and Warlock's blasts and when he was in the force block.

Nihilist
I didn't say Thor was 2x more. I said he wasn't more than 2x more. That means he could have been less (like 1.5x). We know I'm right because of direct feats. PG Thor has no feats that show him being more than 2x more powerful than his normal self. Thor simply wasn't amping off the PG fast enough. He only consciously amped against Strange's and Warlock's blasts and when he was in the force block. Bwhahaha, god youre a idiot.

Keep living in a dream world with your bullshit theory with nothing to back up your claim.

the Darkone
Silver Surfer w/power gem if he taps into it could reach high trans as where Odin can amp beyond Sky Father level wit the Odin-Force..

Prime example Tittana when she had the power gem when she fought she-hulk and the avengers, she was most likely mid trans or at low at best and she was trained by Champion of the Universe.

Odin will trump SS all around regardless if has the power gem!!

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Silver Surfer w/power gem if he taps into it could reach high trans as where Odin can amp beyond Sky Father level wit the Odin-Force..

Prime example Tittana when she had the power gem when she fought she-hulk and the avengers, she was most likely mid trans or at low at best and she was trained by Champion of the Universe.

Odin will trump SS all around regardless if has the power gem!!

Odin can't amp for this fight. Surfer would be a trans the instance he puts the PG on. But amping for a 24hour period IMO would be Galactus level at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.