The Borg vs The Geth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TacDavey
Heh.Originally posted this in games vs until I remembered the Borg aren't from a game.

Who would win in a war between the Borg and the Geth from Mass Effect?

borg

ares834
My knowledge of ST is limited but the Borg should win easily enough.

Robtard
Originally posted by TacDavey
Heh.Originally posted this in games vs until I remembered the Borg aren't from a game.

Who would win in a war between the Borg and the Geth from Mass Effect?

borg

The Borg have been in several ST games. ST Online most currently.

TacDavey
Originally posted by Robtard
The Borg have been in several ST games. ST Online most currently.

I think they have to originate in games.

At least I'm pretty sure that was the reason it was closed down. glare

Robtard
Ah.

XanatosForever
Yes, one of the rules for the Games Versus is that characters must originate from a video game and not some other medium. If we didn't have that, there would be match-ups with characters from another mediums (in this case, the Borg) with a large amount of material to draw feats from coming against comparatively unknown video game characters with little to no feats to draw comparison from. Helps to avoid a lot of a spite threads.

dadudemon
Here's the evidence:

laughing laughing "illegal?"

Call the poleeeeeeeeeeece, help!!!

TacDavey was pwned. big grin

TacDavey
Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's the evidence:

laughing laughing "illegal?"

Call the poleeeeeeeeeeece, help!!!

TacDavey was pwned. big grin

stretcher

Oh, I see how it is. Everyone wants to have some fun at ol TacDavey's expense instead of debating the topic, huh? And it's a good match up too! Admit it! ADMIT IT!

BruceSkywalker
these people get assimilated

XanatosForever
Have the Borg assimilated synthetic species before? Would they even need to?

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Have the Borg assimilated synthetic species before? Would they even need to?

They assimilate any species that can add something of benefit to the collective. Can't recall if they've ever assimilated a synthetic (tried with Data, did his body, but his positronic brain proved too much), but they've assimilated a species composed of pure energy before.

XanatosForever
The Geth don't run on anything like positrons, I don't think, but they might have some issues converting the collective to their cause. The Reapers, Ancient synthetic psuedo-gods from the Mass Effect universe, were only successful in converting a portion of the Geth to their cause...at least, in one player choice path, though I believe that is the canon result.

TacDavey
Originally posted by XanatosForever
The Reapers, Ancient synthetic psuedo-gods from the Mass Effect universe, were only successful in converting a portion of the Geth to their cause...

Wasn't that because the signal couldn't make it to the others for some reason or another? I thought I remember Legion saying something about that.

The Borg have transporter tech that the Geth don't, though they can kind of shoot themselves down to planets and stuff.

Also, can the Borg breath in space? I seem to remember them being vented out into space as a way of killing the Borg but I can't quite remember. If that's the case, I suppose the Geth could vent the ships if they ever have Borg transport over.

-Pr-
Originally posted by TacDavey
Wasn't that because the signal couldn't make it to the others for some reason or another? I thought I remember Legion saying something about that.

The Borg have transporter tech that the Geth don't, though they can kind of shoot themselves down to planets and stuff.

Also, can the Borg breath in space? I seem to remember them being vented out into space as a way of killing the Borg but I can't quite remember. If that's the case, I suppose the Geth could vent the ships if they ever have Borg transport over.

Borg in general can survive in space, yes. Like in First Contact.

XanatosForever
Now that we have the all versus forum, maybe this could be moved there?

TheGodKiller
Borg probably .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.