Drax & Gladiator vs Hulk & Rulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
1. Current/most recent Versions
2. Classic Drax w/ PG & Glads at his most confident. Vs. WWH & non jobbing Rulk

Who wins?

carver9
Hulk solos.

Stoic
Drax with the PG was clowned by Thor, so I'm not that impressed by him having it in his possession. He has the power but does not know how to tap into it, and this could be the main downfall of team 1. If Gladiator somehow convinced Drax to give him the PG until the end of the battle then team 1 would surely win.

The Hulk nearly beat Gladiator to death, so I see him doing so again. Rulk could hold Drax for a while, and then comes the double team beat down.

guy222
hulk/rulk

MF DELPH
I'd say:

Current versions: Hulks win
2nd scenario: Gladiator and Drax.

The Hulk/Gladiator battle had some extenuating circumstances to it (particularly, for me at least, Hulk's inexplicably having knowledge of Gladiator's radiation weakness [I know radiation is Hulk's schtick, but that was a glaring plot device), a nuclear reactor with that specific wavelength Gladiator is vulnerable to being available, Gladiator just standing there after punching Hulk into the horizon, and Gladiator somehow being unable to carry Hulk's mass to space before he could realize what was happening and thunderclap Gladiator's head despite Gladiator's proven level of ftl speed).

Assuming this default battlefield doesn't inexplicably have a nuclear reactor for Hulk to chokeslam Gladiator into, and Gladiator doesn't just punch Hulk into the horizon and stand there posing assuming the battle is over, he's outmaneuvering Hulk because he still has all the tools to control the terms of combat, namely an exponential speed and reaction advantage, flight, and the ability to use ranged attacks to reconfigure the battlefield (since both Hulks are grounded and Gladiator and Classic Drax both have interstellar flight speed).

Stoic
^ Drax was an idiot, his later incarnation, simply doesn't have the power to compete, and Gladiator in character has proven that he fights it out up close and personal, he did with the FF, Thor, Hyperion, and the Hulk, so there can be no excuses. The Hulk simply beat the snot out of him.

h1a8
Glads solos by bfr.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Glads solos by bfr.

Despite the Hulk's ability to react to being blitzed, and turning it to his advantage?

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Stoic
^ Drax was an idiot, his later incarnation, simply doesn't have the power to compete, and Gladiator in character has proven that he fights it out up close and personal, he did with the FF, Thor, Hyperion, and the Hulk, so there can be no excuses. The Hulk simply beat the snot out of him.

Re-read the fight.

Lek Kuen
Doesn't the most current version of Drax have weapons capable of one shotting Thanos? I know Thanos came right back, but wouldn't that do a number on team 2?

carver9
It shouldnt since he designed to take out Thanos and not the Hulk. As for the Gladiator and Hulk fight, there was a lot of circumstances involved in that fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Doesn't the most current version of Drax have weapons capable of one shotting Thanos? I know Thanos came right back, but wouldn't that do a number on team 2?

I'm not sure if you can transfer Drax's performance against Thanos to how well he would do against someone else. His very aura weakens Thanos.

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Re-read the fight.

I read the book several times, and Gladiator was also fighting a dying Hulk. There comes a time when character/s, have operated in the same way that you just have to conclude that it is etched into them to fight a certain way. There also comes a time that if a character can react to speed and turn it to their advantage, that you have to accept that they can do this. Look at how he combo broke Sentry's blitz by tagging him on the chin. You can only say PIS so many times.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by carver9
It shouldnt since he designed to take out Thanos and not the Hulk. As for the Gladiator and Hulk fight, there was a lot of circumstances involved in that fight.
I just recall (might be remembering wrong) him vaporizing him in TI with some gadgets, figured they had to be pretty powerful. Could be an aura thing though, don't remember.

carver9
Thanos was hit by an antimatter bomb. That's not standard equipment for any of the imperatives.

ColossusGrundy
Hulks win.

I'm not impressed by Glads... never have been. The best feats he has listed are bullshit his kid says. I don't think he'd even be able to hurt Green Hulk much, Rulk should be able to hold Drax until Greenie joins him.

abhilegend
A weaker drax oneshotted a planet to dust and ripped apart a star with his bare hands. According to carver, drax solos.

The Sorrow
Team 2 in both.

It will be a while before you see Hulk knocked out by herald level strength again, unless Marvel use a weaker incarnation.

Bouboumaster
Team 2 in both, especially in the first fight, where Hulk can absolutly pwn Drax

guy222
good to see u buddy

agreed

Nihilist
1.Hulk and Rulk
2.Glads and Drax stomp

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Nihilist
1.Hulk and Rulk
2.Glads and Drax stomp

This

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.