Akatsuki Showdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
aight here are the matches:

Deidara vs Sasori

Kakuzu vs Hidan

Kisame vs Itachi

Tobi vs 6 paths of Pain

Who wins their matches?

edit: no paths for Tobi

AuraAngel
Sasori

Kakuzu

Itachi

Hmm....Tobi has better showings as of late. If he has his paths, he'll stomp. But even with just Sharingan I think he can take him.

Damborgson
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Sasori

Kakuzu

Itachi

Hmm....Tobi has better showings as of late. If he has his paths, he'll stomp. But even with just Sharingan I think he can take him.

okay I changed it to not paths for Tobi. That would be overkill in my opinion.

Q99
Sasori (more often than not, though Deidara has a chance)

Kakuzu

Itachi

6 Paths

I feel that the 6 Paths are pretty much perfect for taking on phasing-only Tobi. They have perfect timing to strike when he attacks, it'll be very difficult for him to attack them. With Deva specifically, whenever he grabs Deva can repulse.

AuraAngel
I considered that...but then I remembered that he has Izanagi that lasts 5 minutes. For five minutes, he can't be touched. Tobi is fast and skilled enough to warp them away in 5 minutes.

Q99
I considered that...but then I remembered that he has Izanagi that lasts 5 minutes. For five minutes, he can't be touched. Tobi is fast and skilled enough to warp them away in 5 minutes.

It's a lot of time, but I think it's still just one re-write. When he had it activated, he also wasn't doing anything offensive.

NemeBro
Probably because there was a massive explosion going on for those five minutes.

Danzo's Izanagi's lasted a minute, and he didn't spend a minute doing nothing in his fight with Sasuke.

Q99
But every time he died looked like it used up a use.

Damborgson
I think Deidara would beat Sasori personally. He knows about Sasori's weakness so he could plant mini explosives to find their way onto him while avoiding the other puppets at a distance.

Q99
Originally posted by Damborgson
I think Deidara would beat Sasori personally. He knows about Sasori's weakness so he could plant mini explosives to find their way onto him while avoiding the other puppets at a distance.

Which weakness?

Sasori's got an advantage in versatility. He has enough tricks up his sleeve that even being partners Deidara doesn't necessarily know what he's going to face.

Damborgson
the exposed heart core or whatever it is in his chest.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb58378/naruto/images/0/0d/Heart_of_Sasori.JPG

^ that thing

true. Deidara doesn't know as much about him as we do I'm willing to bet, but he said he knew about the weak point on panel.

Q99
It's in a puppet, within another puppet, so it's well protected, not really too exploitable.

And since his puppets have chakra, some of them likely have lightning release.

socool8520
aight here are the matches:

Deidara vs Sasori

Kakuzu vs Hidan

Kisame vs Itachi

Tobi vs 6 paths of Pain

Who wins their matches?

edit: no paths for Tobi

sasori

Kakuzu easily

Itachi

Probably Tobi

Bentley
Pain vs Tobi is the only one that is debateable in my opinion. I don't personally see Tobi having the offensive output to beat the paths, at least from what we've seen so far.

Q99
Yea. Izanagi does throw the outcome into some doubt, but the paths are pretty nasty and have so much coordination.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Q99
It's in a puppet, within another puppet, so it's well protected, not really too exploitable.

And since his puppets have chakra, some of them likely have lightning release.

puppets don't protect you from c4 or the village buster that Deidara dropped on sunagakure. Once the outter shell has been broken, it really is to exploitable.

no expression You're assuming they have a power never before displayed? Tell me you see the flaw in this.

Q99
puppets don't protect you from c4 or the village buster that Deidara dropped on sunagakure. Once the outter shell has been broken, it really is to exploitable.

Iron sand can. Similar to how Gaara used his sand.

No, I'm assuming he has 300 puppets and we've seen a bit more than 1/3rd of them, and they specifically have chakra powers.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Q99
Iron sand can. Similar to how Gaara used his sand.

No, I'm assuming he has 300 puppets and we've seen a bit more than 1/3rd of them, and they specifically have chakra powers.

limited sand. Not an entire village worth like Gaara's.

What does him having 300 puppets have to with you thinking they can use Jutsu that has never been displayed by them. This is the pinnacle of reaching.

Q99
limited sand. Not an entire village worth like Gaara's.

No, but iron instead of silica, and it seem to be able to produce pretty large amounts, and it might be the amount it made there wasn't it's limit, it's not like Sasori taxed himself.

The Iron Sand also only has to reduce the blast long enough for Sasori's armored shell to survive, and considering it's major toughness, that's not too hard.

It's hardly the pinnacle. Having different puppets with different abilities is his schtick. He can pull out what puppet he needs for the situation.

If he took down Sakura, he'd have a new super-strength puppet.

He has many puppets made from other ninja he killed with an unknown large number of chakra abilities. We don't know the specific nature of those ability, but we very much do know he has an arsenal of human puppets with chakra.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Q99
No, but iron instead of silica, and it seem to be able to produce pretty large amounts, and it might be the amount it made there wasn't it's limit, it's not like Sasori taxed himself.

The Iron Sand also only has to reduce the blast long enough for Sasori's armored shell to survive, and considering it's major toughness, that's not too hard.

It's hardly the pinnacle. Having different puppets with different abilities is his schtick. He can pull out what puppet he needs for the situation.

If he took down Sakura, he'd have a new super-strength puppet.

He has many puppets made from other ninja he killed with an unknown large number of chakra abilities. We don't know the specific nature of those ability, but we very much do know he has an arsenal of human puppets with chakra.

Yet it never displayed anything close to being able to stop what Deidara dropped on the village. It got rocked by Sakuras punches and his shell got one shot by her punches. Seriously, stop.

Do you not see whats wrong with your argument? You're assuming things that didn't happen on panel or the anime. Why? This is the flimsiest argument I've ever seen. It amounts to "He probably can. Never seen him do it but he probably can."

If he didn't display it/imply it, he doesn't have it. Period.

Besides if all else fails, he can't stop C4.

and P.S. Sorry if anything sounds dickish on my part. Thats not my intention. This is all still friendly debating stick out tongue

AuraAngel
Sasori won't beat Deidara because he has something lightning release puppet(though the chances of him having one is more likely than not). He'll win because has the better attacks, namely the Iron Sand with poison.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-270-11/naruto/chapter-265.html

This statement also helps make Sasori look better, though I'll admit it can be called into question.

Q99
Also, come to think of it, I wonder if lightning is one of magnet release's component elements.

In that case, the 3rd Kazekage puppet will do.

Damborgson
Sasori won't beat Deidara because he has something lightning release puppet(though the chances of him having one is more likely than not). He'll win because has the better attacks, namely the Iron Sand with poison.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-270-11/naruto/chapter-265.html

This statement also helps make Sasori look better, though I'll admit it can be called into question.

Depends how you see it. Of course I have no doubt Sasori clinches the victory if Deidara is affected by poison, but Sasori would have to definitely watch out for Deidara's bombs since Deidara can range spam him pretty good.

Even with the poison factor, Deidara could take him with him if he put the detonating clay in his chest again.

I'm not sure what to make of that statement though. Doesn't seem like he thinks he'd win if they went at it and not sure why he'd be lying either so...../shrug

Originally posted by Q99
Also, come to think of it, I wonder if lightning is one of magnet release's component elements.

In that case, the 3rd Kazekage puppet will do.

http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/images/lists/hip-hop-gifs/25-OG-Come-On-Son.gif

Q99
Yet it never displayed anything close to being able to stop what Deidara dropped on the village. It got rocked by Sakuras punches and his shell got one shot by her punches. Seriously, stop.

When he was using them as large individual blunt objects, not all of it as a shield in front of what's also a tough shield.

It's silly to think that Sakura knocking away blocks of iron sand that each only made up a part of the iron sand he had out at the time is the same as using all the iron sand he has out as part of a single shield.

And if the iron sand is knocked away by the blast? It's still absorbing huge amounts of momentum in doing so.

Nor, of course, does it have to defend a huge area like Gaara did, it all only has to protect one person. He put out enough iron sand to protect just-him in deeper thickness than Gaara's sand shield, because that one had to spread out a lot and Sasori's can be a lot narrower, but thicker.

Finally I'll note there's a large difference between a direct hit, and shockwaves that have to penetrate not one but multiple defenses.

Even if the shell is broken too, that still doesn't take Sasori out.

The iron sand shield is well, well within what he's shown. So he's got that.

And that he has many other human puppets with chakra powers, outright stated.

So yea, your argument there doesn't apply here. He has those capabilities.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Q99
When he was using them as large individual blunt objects, not all of it as a shield in front of what's also a tough shield.

It's silly to think that Sakura knocking away blocks of iron sand that each only made up a part of the iron sand he had out at the time is the same as using all the iron sand he has out as part of a single shield.

And if the iron sand is knocked away by the blast? It's still absorbing huge amounts of momentum in doing so.

Nor, of course, does it have to defend a huge area like Gaara did, it all only has to protect one person. He put out enough iron sand to protect just-him in deeper thickness than Gaara's sand shield, because that one had to spread out a lot and Sasori's can be a lot narrower, but thicker.

Finally I'll note there's a large difference between a direct hit, and shockwaves that have to penetrate not one but multiple defenses.

Even if the shell is broken too, that still doesn't take Sasori out.

The iron sand shield is well, well within what he's shown. So he's got that.

And that he has many other human puppets with chakra powers, outright stated.

So yea, your argument there doesn't apply here. He has those capabilities.

I can't believe you even think you have an argument. This is ridiculous. It took all the sand in the village for Gaara to stop that blast. And you think the minute amount of iron sand that that puppet can even compare?

Yet I never even implied that. Jesus. He could have had twice the amount of Iron sand he had. So what? It's still not equal to what gaara had. Which is a lot more than soft beach sand btw. It can turn hard as rock when need be.

so? His puppet would still be blown open. And it wouldn't be huge, it'd do a little at best.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/facepalm.gif the blast would have destroyed the village. It was enormous. A thick layer of iron sand isn't stopping it. Especially since the shield gaara used to protect the village was very thick in itself. It's not like it was thin by any means.

Even if it managed to sop one bomb so what? As If deidara can't spam until his defenses drop. Sasori will run out of defenses before a well prepped Deidara like the one who fought Sasuke runs out of Clay.

I never argued that either. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/facepalm.gifx2 stop trying to attribute arguments that don't correspond to me just so you can find something to argue.

great?

Never shown or implied? Then it doesn't matter.

laughing "I have no evidence. But I THINK he might have Deidara's weakness. Therefore I am right and you are wrong."

This is downright embarrassing. Ok I'll use that also: Deidara probably has expanding c3 explosives that start small and can weave their way into his armor and blow him up from the inside before they can even be detected because they are microscopic. Never seen him do it, but I think he can. Wow that was so much easier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.