The Super Freeze Breath Challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
OK this is the deal, Superman uses his freeze breath for an entire 5 minutes on any given Herald level character outside of one touched by Cytorrak. He then punches them with all of his might.

Which character would not break to pieces?

Mindset
Every high herald.

pym-ftw
^that

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
Every high herald.

You think that any high herald whose molecules were slowed down to the point of freezing would not be turned to dust by a punch capable of cracking the moon?

Mindset
I don't think he could freeze them entirely.

When did he crack a moon with a punch?

pym-ftw
Molecules should freeze in space anyway

High heralds have some way of resisting the cold

8swords
Originally posted by Stoic
You think that any high herald whose molecules were slowed down to the point of freezing would not be turned to dust by a punch capable of cracking the moon?

hmm. go to mythbusters site and find the one wherein they froze something and smashed it, it didnt break like ice,

any herald level would have enough resistence to not break into pieces. that might work in cartoons, but this is KMC :P

Zack Fair
Agreed. Why ...they should all break...but they won't simply because they will be too tough. A better thread would be Prime blasting someone point blank range at full power(for random hype fun) for 5 minutes. Who could survive that...or who wouldn't get desintegrated?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Every high herald.

TheGodKiller
Doom .

JakeTheBank
Doom's above herald.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by pym-ftw

High heralds have some way of resisting the cold

I know at least ONE of them of does ...

janus77
Depending on exactly who qualifies as a "High Herald", I'd say most would be perfectly fine with the super freeze breath crap.

It won't do anything at all to Surfer or any of Galactus' other heralds.

ColossusGrundy
any "High Herald" would shatter, saying he could get that feat finished (some would get out of it before the 5 minute blow completed)

Then you have Plastic Man,.......... who he could shatter and it not make any difference. heh

pym-ftw
^Any high heralds

What about firelord and other beings which radiate heat

Or

Juggernaut or any characters who's defences wouldn't be weakened

Or

Thor, Bill or any one with the passive abilitys to negate it

DarkSaint85
Question, what about Hulk?

I'm not trolling, but, the Hulk's durability is low, (ok, not human low, its high enough that Wolverine has problems with WWH) but its mainly his HF that keeps him in the game.

If he was frozen (although of course, we have seen him in space just fine), then I could see him being shattered.

pym-ftw
He would shiver and warm up

Plus he would heat up if he got angry

janus77
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I'm not trolling, but, the Hulk's durability is low, (ok, not human low, its high enough that Wolverine has problems with WWH) but its mainly his HF that keeps him in the game.

If he was frozen (although of course, we have seen him in space just fine), then I could see him being shattered.
You ARE trolling if you think Hulk's durability is "low". It's not his HF that lets him walk though wormholes like they're nothing and it's not his HF that keeps him from melting whilst he's swimming in magma.

read the comics some time, you'll learn more there than from the butthurt comments of the occasional KMCer in relation to Hulk.

bluewaterrider

On that note, I have to say I'M thinking that, if we put this test to the RED Hulk, he's actually HELPED by this freeze tactic if it follows a serious engagment ...

(from Hulk #22)

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by janus77
You ARE trolling if you think Hulk's durability is "low". It's not his HF that lets him walk though wormholes like they're nothing and it's not his HF that keeps him from melting whilst he's swimming in magma.

read the comics some time, you'll learn more there than from the butthurt comments of the occasional KMCer in relation to Hulk.

But it IS his HF that helped WWH against adamantium bullets, no?

janus77
But it IS his HF that helped WWH against adamantium bullets, no?
And it's his DURABILITY that makes Wolverine's Adamantium claws bounce off or Adamantium BULLETS bounce off of his eyeball.

Hulk's durability INCREASES exponentially with his strength, so no, there is no argument for saying his durability is "low". Might as well say his strength is "low" too.

StiltmanFTW
Claws bounced off once, Ross' bullet got stuck in Hulk's eye.

abhilegend
When did logan's claws bounced off hulk's skin?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
When did logan's claws bounced off hulk's skin?

After WWH snapped Colossus' arms. He did cut him every other time in that mini, though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
After WWH snapped Colossus' arms. He did cut him every other time in that mini, though.
Oh, I remember that. Gotta love the inconsistencies.

DarkSaint85
Didn't he just say that it was more difficult to cut him, rather than bouncing off?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61170/1170302-world_war_hulk___x_men__002_018_super.jpg

Check the 3rd panel. His arm is clearly cut.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Oh, I remember that. Gotta love the inconsistencies.

I guess it was a glancing blow, Banner looked like he was trying to sidestep it.

StiltmanFTW
Didn't he just say that it was more difficult to cut him, rather than bouncing off?

*skip*

Check the 3rd panel. His arm is clearly cut.

Hulk's chest didn't bleed and Wolverine's left set of claws wasn't covered in blood (when he grabbed him).

Yes, he did manage to cut him after that... and earlier, too (before he got temporarily bfr'd).

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hulk's chest didn't bleed and Wolverine's left set of claws wasn't covered in blood (when he grabbed him).

True, although it looked like Wolverine wasn't close to Hulk. Artist error, perhaps? Unless we want to believe Sakaaran leather straps are also proof against adamantium...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by janus77

And like I said, its not that its 'low', relative to other characters (Wolverine goes through Gladiator like a hot knife through Strontian, for example), but when you put it relative to his HF, its his HF that's the main factor.

I like to think I read SOME Hulk comics ;-)

StiltmanFTW
True, although it looked like Wolverine wasn't close to Hulk. Artist error, perhaps? Unless we want to believe Sakaaran leather straps are also proof against adamantium...

I think it was just to show us that Hulk won't bleed every single time Logan connects... hence the comment about his harder skin. Yea, he wasn't close, even missed with his right arm...

DarkSaint85
I chalk it up to Hulk moving out of the way, personally.

h1a8
Superman can indeed temporarily freeze herald beings with his breath. But they can and will break out without damage done to them. So all heralds can clear this (maybe except extremely low heralds like iron man).

But what people don't know is that the freeze breath gives Superman a cheating edge. This is because he can slow down any herald for a split second with it and then proceed to fuk them up.

carver9
Ok, wait a minute. Are people really saying ice breath would work on Hulk because he was sliced by Wolvy. If that's the case, Thor, Gladiator, hell, any Herald that Wolverine has faced dies. Let's not even include the fact that Superman would die as well. We might as well include him since he was stabbed through by something less than Wolverine claws. Despero slice him across the face with his bone claws. With that said, this can be closed for spite.

carver9
I chalk it up to Hulk moving out of the way, personally.

You are surprising me every day Dark.

DarkSaint85
What do you mean? Are you actually suggesting he got sliced by Wolverine??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.