Superman (Welling) runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cryo
http://globedia.com/imagenes/noticias/2011/3/17/habra-superman-final-smallville_1_627423.jpg

Superman (Smallville) fights the following people in the listed order. He gets an hour rest between each fight in the sun.

Rules:
-no space toss or something like that
-CIS/PIS and morals are off
-to death

1. Iron Man (The Avengers)
2. Thor (The Avengers)
3. Hulk (The Avengers)
4. Hal Jordan (Green Lantern Movie Version)
5. Parallax (Green Lantern Movie Version)
6. Godzilla (Japan Version)
7. John Hancock (Hancock)
8. Silver Surfer (Fantastic Four)
9. Superman (Routh)
10. Superman (Reeve)

How does he fare against each of them? Who stops him, if he doesn't clear?

NemeBro
I don't know shit about Godzilla.

But Smallville Superman physically moved a planet away from Earth, IIRC with a punch.

He at the bare minimum gets to Reeve Superman, and maybe clears.

Unless Godzilla is disproportionately powerful for his placing.

XanatosForever
Godzilla's showings tend to be all over the place, but he usually consistently durable, able to shake off most attacks and keep coming. I don't really see him doing anything to Clark, as his primary attack (his atomic breath) might not be all that effective.

Does he have any feats to resisting soul manipulation or whatever the hell it is movie Parallax does? If he can get ol' blue to feel fear, he might be boned.

the ninjak
He should clear this theoretically.

8. Surfer had matter manip feats though. Created very precise Earth holes with ease. We don't know how powerful Galactus was. But (unfortunately) separate the surfer form the board and game over.

9. RouthSupes was very fast but and I put him combat wise better than Reeves. But he has no feats to compare against Superboy in the end.

10. Reeves. Did some spectacular stuff. Reversed time. Used blue eye beams to manipulate reality. Insignia entrapment. The guy under terrible writers was simply a magician. His combat feats are lacking due to the SFX of the day though he still changed into costume at insane speed.

I didn't watch enough Smallville to make a decent judgment. But I reckon Welling probably clears this. TV is simply a better medium for superheroes. And it pisses me off that producers don't realise this.

The only dissadvantage I see is through Parallax. And Welling was always a blank actor. Did he ever show fear?

Impediment
Smallville makes it to Reeve, but Reeve ultimately wins.

XanatosForever
I'll be a bit more elaborate with this.

Due to the OP stipulations, He breezes 1-4.

5) Again, I'm not sure if he'd be resistant to Movie Parallax's fear consumption, so this might be the first place he really falters. Besides that, I imagine he could bring the mutated Guardian down.

6) Assuming Godzilla's breath weapon is effective at all, I think the size difference will be too much given the strength factor. Superman wins.

7) If we're supposing combatants know nothing about each other, it'll be a pretty hefty brawl, but in the end Superman has more versatility in addition to his brute strength. If they do know, then he'd drag Hancock to the other one and just kill them both.

8) This was already covered, and again, if knowledge is there, it's an immediate win. If not, it doesn't take long.

9) A long, hard battle, but I think in the end Welling will pull through.

10) Everyone seems pretty much in consensus that if he stops anywhere, it's here, and I agree with the assessment.

ares834
IIRC, Godzilla has tanked black holes. I doubt SUperman could put him down assuming he is fighting that Godzilla.

Zack Fair
Welling...the ******* never wanting to put on the costume. FKN douche.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by ares834
IIRC, Godzilla has tanked black holes. I doubt SUperman could put him down assuming he is fighting that Godzilla.

Like I said, his showings are a roller coaster ride. Could you provide some footage of this black hole tanking?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Impediment

Just curious, what is your basis for this win?

Personally Reeve's blue beams are almost pure win. His time travel feats are also a factor.

BruceSkywalker
Smallville sucked, hope Arrow is a good show but Clark gets through only to lose to Reeve as he'll reverse time and then beat up Smallville

Robtard
Not to be a stickler assbag, but Routh and Reeve are the same guy.

Surfer could possibly just absorb him, but Clark has enough speed where Surfer will be like a statue.

juggerman
Im guessing the Reeve Superman has feats from Superman 1, 2, 3 and 4 while Routh has feats from 1, 2 and Returns.

Robtard
Who the **** cares about Superman 3-4.

rudester
Originally posted by Impediment

agreed

juggerman
The OP apparently.

And how can we leave out Superman's amazing ability to fix everything with his blue eye beam power? He needs that man!

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
The OP apparently.

And how can we leave out Superman's amazing ability to fix everything with his blue eye beam power? He needs that man!

I liked his ability to talk Russian in space in SM4 the most.

DARTH POWER
Welling Supes actually has the best Combat speed feats of all Supes. But on the other hand he never passed the Light barrier.

He passes IM, Thor and Hancock with ridiculous ease. Not sure about the rest though.

But I'm actually thinking Welling Superman takes Reeves/Routh. They never showed the strength to push away a planet larger than Saturn. The most Reeve did was the moon.

Surfer was obviously travelling at Light Speeds.

GL had some pretty amazing feats as well. Too bad the movie was pretty amazingly BAD!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.