Dark Knight Trillogy best to worst

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Hello. Could you guys list all the Batman films in order from your favourite to your least favourite? Mine are bellow!
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Hello. Could you guys list all the Batman films in order from your favourite to your least favourite?
Sorry, I meant films of the DK trillogy.

juggerman
Conflicted between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight for the top slot. Rises is easily 3rd tho.

Begins was Bale's best performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman imo but the story, Harvey Dent and Ledger's Joker were amazing in Dark Knight.

spidermanrocks
In my opinion, The Dark Knight is the best of the 3 with Batman Begins not too far behind. Dark Knight Rises is a distant third.

BlackZero30x
Begins
Dark Knight
Rises

if this were all nolan films in general rises would still be last....

-Pr-
Favourite to least favourite?

Rises
Begins
Dark Knight

JakeTheBank
Begins
TDKR
TDK

Cogito
Wow, lot of hate for TDKR...really don't understand why?

StiltmanFTW
TDK
TDKR
BB

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
TDK
TDKR
BB

This

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Cogito

I don't know about anyone else but I don't hate it I just think it's nolans weakest film. I actually thought it was ok just not as amazing as some people. Putting the things I didn't like about it aside I found myself kind of board while watching it. Im actually surprised by all the love. Most people I talk to feel the same as I do about it.

Cogito
I can totally understand people who think it's the worst of the trilogy. I don't know that I agree, but I just don't get the hate

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I don't know about anyone else but I don't hate it I just think it's nolans weakest film. I actually thought it was ok just not as amazing as some people. Putting the things I didn't like about it aside I found myself kind of board while watching it. Im actually surprised by all the love. Most people I talk to feel the same as I do about it. I agree with everything you've said here!

C-3POTheClever
I can totally understand people who think it's the worst of the trilogy. I don't know that I agree, but I just don't get the hate I'm kind of unsure what I think of it at the moment. I don't hate it by any means! At the moment, I think I like it but I have to watch it a few more times before deciding how much. But tbh, I was really unsure. I found it quite hard to follow to be honest, but I think that's the way with me & CN films. The mre I watch them, the better I understand. Does anyone here agree?

C-3POTheClever
I can totally understand people who think it's the worst of the trilogy. I don't know that I agree, but I just don't get the hate BTW, what order would you put them in from best to worst?

DARTH POWER
1.TDK
2.BB
3.TDKR

spidermanrocks

I personally found TDKR very disappointing as a Batman movie, as a sequel to BB and TDK, and as a movie in general. As a movie in general, I found it disappointing as a movie because, although it's an ok film to watch, it is nowhere on the same level as BB and TDK and has tons of plot holes, tons of things that wouldn't make sense in this grounded world Nolan established with BB and TDK, and many scenes don't make sense when you put them together. The excuse that it shouldn't be overanalyzed is not valid in my book because both BB and TDK were overanalyzed to death and yet they still hold up as great movies - in fact, they got better and better the more you overanalyzed them, which isn't the case with TDKR. I don't think it's a good Batman movie because I find Batman to be very out of character for 3 reasons: 1) He quits being Batman for 8 years for no good reason 2) He intentionally kills Talia and 3) He quits being Batman at the end and passes the mantle to a rookie cop that doesn't even have 1/8 of the training, skills, and sources required to be Batman. And I don't think it's a good sequel because it contradicts and ignores a lot of the themes, plot points, character development, ideas, and messages that were set up in BB and TDK.

This is just my opinion in a nutshell on why TDKR is not that good. If you want me to fully explain my opinion and use examples from the movie, check out the Batman 3 thread. There are pages and pages of me there explaining this stuff in full detail. I'm too lazy to retype all of that big grin. lol

Myth
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
1.TDK
2.BB
3.TDKR

This is unquestionably the answer for me.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I personally found TDKR very disappointing as a Batman movie, as a sequel to BB and TDK, and as a movie in general. As a movie in general, I found it disappointing as a movie because, although it's an ok film to watch, it is nowhere on the same level as BB and TDK and has tons of plot holes, tons of things that wouldn't make sense in this grounded world Nolan established with BB and TDK, and many scenes don't make sense when you put them together. The excuse that it shouldn't be overanalyzed is not valid in my book because both BB and TDK were overanalyzed to death and yet they still hold up as great movies - in fact, they got better and better the more you overanalyzed them, which isn't the case with TDKR. I don't think it's a good Batman movie because I find Batman to be very out of character for 3 reasons: 1) He quits being Batman for 8 years for no good reason 2) He intentionally kills Talia and 3) He quits being Batman at the end and passes the mantle to a rookie cop that doesn't even have 1/8 of the training, skills, and sources required to be Batman. And I don't think it's a good sequel because it contradicts and ignores a lot of the themes, plot points, character development, ideas, and messages that were set up in BB and TDK.

This is just my opinion in a nutshell on why TDKR is not that good. If you want me to fully explain my opinion and use examples from the movie, check out the Batman 3 thread. There are pages and pages of me there explaining this stuff in full detail. I'm too lazy to retype all of that big grin. lol

Well, tecnically to post it here, you didn't need to re-type it. U could just copy & paste it.

spidermanrocks
There are too many posts and they're all too long to read back-to-back.

ScreamPaste
TDK>TDKR>BB

Nephthys
I watched Begins again recently and I have to say that it's much better than Rises. Dark Knight is supreme though.

Ridley_Prime
While I respect Begins for getting the whole origin story down right for Batman and for having Ra's al Ghul which Neeson played pretty well, couldn't get myself to really rewatch it as much as the other two. Half the film or so kinda bored me and didn't keep me on the edge of my seat the way Dark Knight and Rises did. Won't deny though that Begins had easily the best most accurate portrayed Batman out of the trilogy, with the ninja training in the League of Shadows and whatnot.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
I watched Begins again recently and I have to say that it's much better than Rises. Dark Knight is supreme though.

My thoughts exactly.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
While I respect Begins for getting the whole origin story down right for Batman and for having Ra's al Ghul which Neeson played pretty well, couldn't get myself to really rewatch it as much as the other two. Half the film or so kinda bored me and didn't keep me on the edge of my seat the way Dark Knight and Rises did.
I actually see what you mean. I actually didn't love Batman Begins & I did find the second half kind of boring, but I just found that I enjoyed more of it than I did TDKR. I found the whole story to be confusing & I didn't feel Batman was in it enough. However.. I feel I need to watch it more to come up with a good opinon on it. I think it could grow on me.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Nephthys
I watched Begins again recently and I have to say that it's much better than Rises. Dark Knight is supreme though. I actually don't love any of them. I think The Dark Knight is good, but not amazing. I do reallyu like the first half of BB, going through his past & getting trailer by the villain & all that, but I find after that, but when it comes to the middle part, to me it's hard to sit through.

Kazenji
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I actually see what you mean. I actually didn't love Batman Begins & I did find the second half kind of boring, but I just found that I enjoyed more of it than I did TDKR. I found the whole story to be confusing & I didn't feel Batman was in it enough. However.. I feel I need to watch it more to come up with a good opinon on it. I think it could grow on me.

Batman Begin's story was confusing

Oh rly?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Begins
TDKR
TDK

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Kazenji
Batman Begin's story was confusing

Oh rly? No, I probably wasn't clear enough. I meant The Dark Knight Rises. Right after I said, "I just found that I enjoyed more of it than I did TDKR", I was talking about TDKR. I just found BB a little bit boring. It's TDKR that's confusing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.