Bane vs Achilles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJVegeta
Bane, from the film The Dark Knight Rises

VS

Achilles, from the film Troy

They are fighting to the death in the Colosseum. They know nothing of each other prior to the fight. Achilles has his sword and armor, and Bane has his combat outfit and his anesthetic-pumping mask, of course.

Robtard
Achilles wins in a slolhitstomp

Lestov16
Bane was immune to pain and could lift a full grown man off the ground with one hand.

Robtard
Which won't matter when he has a sword through his throat.

KingD19
Immune or not, if your arm gets chopped off, you'll probably go into shock while you bleed out. Bane's not getting past that shield, or doing anything to not get sliced to ribbons.

BlackZero30x
Achilles showed greater speed and skill. I know exactly how this would happen. Bane would open his arms in his "hug me bro" stance and mock Achilles. Achilles would run up and shove his sword in him kinda like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buPRU02T0fU

playa1258
I like how every idiot thinks none of the Nolanverse characters have any skill.

Achilles showed plenty of skill, ARMED. He has no feats without any weapons.

FrothByte
Originally posted by playa1258

Well the OP did give Achilles sword and armor... which I think is kinda unfair against an unarmed Bane.

Besides, as far as we can tell, Bane did NOT show considerable skill. He showed strength and a high resistance to pain, but throwing haymakers and a few uppercuts does not show skill.

And Achilles has some pretty decent strength feats himself. Throwing a spear at a distance that no man Hector has seen should be able to throw. Cutting the head of a statue with one swing.

BlackZero30x

I love how every idiot noob never reads the op......

playa1258
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I love how every idiot noob never reads the op......

**** you.

playa1258
Achilles wins this because he gets his weapons.

Bane would win hth.

BlackZero30x
**** you.

lulz no thanks.

don't let the buthurt fuel your anger.

Anyways don't get pissed at me when you come on here and say what you said when you obviously didn't read the op.

playa1258
Don't get pissed when I cave your face in. You're probably some fat virgin who lives in his mom's basement and dreams about what the inside of a vagina feels like.

BlackZero30x
Don't get pissed when I cave your face in. You're probably some fat virgin who lives in his mom's basement and dreams about what the inside of a vagina feels like.

haha! I love how you jump straight to "I cave your face in"! Classic. I was just joking when I said you were a noob but then again there is the flaming which noobs are known for.

So it would be logical that you are exactly what you just described and get flamed for it yourself. Now you turn it outward at someone you don't know to make yourself feel better. Anyways keep it up you really seem like a legit debater right now roll eyes (sarcastic)

playa1258
LOL. You really think I was serious?

KingD19
True meaning and or sarcasm are kinda hard to differentiate over the internet.

FrothByte
Even if it was h2h, I'm not sure Bane takes it either. Judging from the movies, Achilles was way more agile and quicker on his feet... and that's him wearing his armor.

Not sure how good he was in h2h, but as someone who made a living out of being the best warrior in his era, I assume he had to have some great deal of h2h training. It's not like Bane showed any considerable skill in h2h anyway.

The only clear cut advantage Bane has is his tolerance for pain.

KingD19
That can't even really be considered an advantage as Achilles' skill and inability to be harmed cancels it out.

playa1258
Movie Achilles was not a demigod like the Iliad. He is just so much better than everyone else that it seems that way.

BlackZero30x
Movie Achilles was not a demigod like the Iliad. He is just so much better than everyone else that it seems that way.

thats the interpretation I had also but his mom in troy was actually a goddess.

playa1258
That and he told the boy at the beginning about having to use a shield.

If he was invulnerable he would not need it or armor.

FrothByte
Well movie version Achilles I don't think was invincible. It was never implied or even hinted that he was invincible so I'll just assume he could be hurt.

Still despite that, no one in the movie could lay a hand on him. He was that fast and that good. The closest anyone has ever gotten to hurting him was Hector putting a scratch on his armor.

So given that, I'm rooting for him against Bane.

ares834
Achilles with a sword wins easily.

H2H, Bane wins.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by SSJVegeta
Bane, from the film The Dark Knight Rises

VS

Achilles, from the film Troy

They are fighting to the death in the Colosseum. They know nothing of each other prior to the fight. Achilles has his sword and armor, and Bane has his combat outfit and his anesthetic-pumping mask, of course.

Bane gets owned in one strike

Sq-uMIZGETs

Mindset
Achilles rapes Bane.

NemeBro
Bane could arguably win h2h, but he isn't going to beat an armed Achilles.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
Bane could arguably win h2h, but he isn't going to beat an armed Achilles.

And even in h2h it's still unclear. Bane didn't exactly show better h2h skills than Batman. His h2h fighting mostly consisted of throwing haymakers.

He beat batman coz he could tank Wayne's hits and because he was stronger.

NemeBro
His inability to feel pain matters a lot when fighting someone that isn't killing him with the first hit (Like Achilles with a weapon will do).

Mindset
Achilles would crush his trachea.

Psychotron
Jesus.

Achilles rapes without lube. We'll see how good Bane's pain tolerance is then.

Mindset
He was in a prison.

So pretty high.

Zack Fair
crylaugh

The Silent Hero
I was thinking this was a decent matchup until you gave Achilles a sword...there is no way Bane can win.

Kaibs
I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises and probably won't until the dvd is out. But Achilles would probably win. Especially since the Troy movie is loosely based off of the Illiad and the Anead. Achilles couldn't and had only one weak point, which Bane knows nothing about, and isn't getting help from a sun god.

Not to mention Achilles agility and precision would enable him to kill Bane pretty fast probably.

Zack Fair
its just spite. Bane is good...but good enough to take a skilled opponent(doesn't have to be Achilles) with a shield and sword? Nope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.