Defining the BFR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Not a versus battle but I would like a hard ruling exactly constitutes a win and how long you have to return to the battlefield

Here are some examples of questionable Bfr

Shadowcat phasing you into the ground

Freezing someone in time

Being knocked a considerable distance via a physical attack

Feel free to add your own questions

-Pr-
"BFR"

pym-ftw
I noticed it after I posted but what's your stance?

JakeTheBank
Dimensional warping is generally a safe bet, provided the target can't teleport or warp under their own power. Sending non-flyers/teleporters into deep space or orbit is another.

pym-ftw
Ok let's say we have a hulk vs absorbing man and he throws said brick over the horizon how long does creel have to return?

JakeTheBank
I'd say a few minutes?

Time limits are tricky, as it can be subjective depending on the people involved, methods used, and general context.

DarkSaint85
10 minutes.

If he has enough time to play and sing the album version of Bat out of Hell in its entirety, its pretty much a BFR.

pym-ftw
Ok what about a non violent semi-permanent incompacitate like spider webbing or a gel

Like if spidey versus butterball

Does spidey win?

JakeTheBank
Yeah, same principle.

DarkSaint85
Yup. Not quite BFR, incapacitation. Same way you can beat a guy with a HF - if you behead Deadpool, he COULD survive, and won't be KOed....but to say he's 'still in the fight' would be laughable.

nwg202
Is flash getting a shard of kryptonite or a tank of gasoline from wayne manor considred bfr? Assuming the no bfr clause is in effect? Same question applies to a teleporter.

If a speedster is matched up with someone he can't physically beat through punching and kicking, is using his speed to get a gadget that can beat his opponent considered bfr for the speedster?

I can also imagine the battle field area between light speeders and teleporters would be different from two bricks punching each other in a city. The speedsters and porters ( assuming they are powerful enough) can literally make the entire galaxy their battlefield.

If kitty were to fight in new york, and the rule no bfr was implemented, would phasing her opponent straight into the earth's core result in a loss for kitty?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by nwg202
Is flash getting a shard of kryptonite or a tank of gasoline from wayne manor considred bfr? Assuming the no bfr clause is in effect? Same question applies to a teleporter.

If a speedster is matched up with someone he can't physically beat through punching and kicking, is using his speed to get a gadget that can beat his opponent considered bfr for the speedster?

I can also imagine the battle field area between light speeders and teleporters would be different from two bricks punching each other in a city. The speedsters and porters ( assuming they are powerful enough) can literally make the entire galaxy their battlefield.

If kitty were to fight in new york, and the rule no bfr was implemented, would phasing her opponent straight into the earth's core result in a loss for kitty?

Nah, because they can make it back under their own power, in good time, I guess. Unless of course its a low level speedster or jumper (say, Hulk or Doomsday, or General Eiling), then even though they're fast, they can't make it back in good time.

pym-ftw
Ok can a teleported level the battlefield to grab something and then teleprt back?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Ok can a teleported level the battlefield to grab something and then teleprt back?

I thought it was OK. But then, my views are sometimes at odds with others, lol. I used it last time to argue for example Magik going into Limbo with her teammates didn't constitute BFR, because they could always come back into the fight.

Then the argument would be around what can they get their hands on. Flash for example isn't getting into the Batcave to get Bats' Kryptonite....

nwg202
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I thought it was OK. But then, my views are sometimes at odds with others, lol. I used it last time to argue for example Magik going into Limbo with her teammates didn't constitute BFR, because they could always come back into the fight.

Then the argument would be around what can they get their hands on. Flash for example isn't getting into the Batcave to get Bats' Kryptonite....

yeah, that was confusing. w/ a no bfr clause Magik porting her teammates to limbo where she heals them back to perfect health in seconds and they can prep too since time has almost no meaning there wouldn't be allowed?

What is bfr usually based on? the amount of time required to get back into the fight? or the distance or size of the battlefield?

If the fight is in ny and there is no bfr allowed. What happens when hulk punches thor into the west coast or vice versa? obviously thor can port back to ny in an instant while hulk can't. So thor would be penalized for punching the hulk to vegas, while hulk won't since Thor can be back in ny instantly.

DarkSaint85
I just had it as the time taken to get back. So in the example you posited, yes, Thor could win by BFR, whereas the Hulk couldn't.

DarkSaint85
Also, another example would be Barry being inside the SpeedForce - he would be BFRing himself, because he has 'removed' himself from the battlefield.

Or Pym using the Mansions with Dimensions (or whatever its called).

Or The Authority (back when Jeroen was there) using doors and the Bleed.

Branlor Swift
I've always looked at leaving the battlefield to do anything as a no no, unless you're coming back and only coming back.

And The time from getting removed from a battle to the time you have to get back as the length of your average knockout. 10 20 seconds. Around there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.