Bane vs. Uri Boyka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Say Bane wasn't actually killed in TDKR but captured instead. Then he's sent to a real prison (no more pit for you). He gets involved in prison fighting and defeats all of his opponents. Now he's off to face the champion, Uri Boyka. Pure h2h.

Since this is prison, the prison's medical team has restricted the flow of anesthetics to Bane's mask such that he's allowed enough so he's not in constant pain from his former injuries, but not enough that he's impervious to pain from new injuries (in short, he feels pain like every other person).

the ninjak
Boyka was a more impressive fighter that's for sure skill wise.

Bane has strength though.

BruceSkywalker
any vids of boyka???

Psychotron
Seriously? Boyka stomps.

FrothByte
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
any vids of boyka???

here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5FP7Y4Jy98

the ninjak
Originally posted by Psychotron
Seriously? Boyka stomps.

Yeah Boyka is the most complete fighter in the Vorld!

zpfTq-DxhqM

Lestov16
You guys are seriously giving it to Boyka this easily? Bane was immune to pain, strong enough to lift a grown man off the floor with one hand, and his only weakness, his mask, needed repeated hits from Batman's armored gloves to break it. I don't know if Boyka will take this as easily as you guys claim

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
You guys are seriously giving it to Boyka this easily? Bane was immune to pain, strong enough to lift a grown man off the floor with one hand, and his only weakness, his mask, needed repeated hits from Batman's armored gloves to break it. I don't know if Boyka will take this as easily as you guys claim

OP negated the immunity to pain thing.

Lestov16
Egg on my face big grin

Yeah, Boyka takes this

Estacado
I don't mean to be an ass but Boyka got his asswhooped by a guy who learned kickbox from a guy in wheel chair....he was a professional boxer though...

Lestov16
Ass.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Estacado
I don't mean to be an ass but Boyka got his asswhooped by a guy who learned kickbox from a guy in wheel chair....he was a professional boxer though...

However, during the time that he (Iceman) was only boxing and Boyka finally got serious, Boyka started whooping his ass. This boxer (Iceman) only beat Boyka by learning how to kick and grapple.

Now, I don't seem to recall Bane display any kicking and grappling skills.

KingD19
Yeah, Boyka won when Iceman stuck to boxing. But once he learned how to kickbox and got more rounded, he won. Even then though, Boyka had to be injured to stop fighting. He had to break his knee/leg to get Boyka to stop fighting.

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
However, during the time that he (Iceman) was only boxing and Boyka finally got serious, Boyka started whooping his ass. This boxer (Iceman) only beat Boyka by learning how to kick and grapple.

Now, I don't seem to recall Bane display any kicking and grappling skills.

I don't remember Bane displaying any skills. And tbh Bane's pain resistance is irrelevant. Boyka vastly outclasses him in speed, skill, agility and isn't bad in the strength department either. Scott Adkins looks bigger and more ripped too, so I guess Tom Hardy can cry himself to sleep.

BruceSkywalker
here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5FP7Y4Jy98

Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah Boyka is the most complete fighter in the Vorld!

zpfTq-DxhqM

will take a look later when i have more time to decide

Newjak
Bane should win. He has better feats over Boyka.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Newjak
Bane should win. He has better feats over Boyka.

What feats? Bane beat an out of condition Batman. Showed he's strong enough to carry Batman over his head and punch through semi-concrete pillars. Other than that, he doesn't exactly have that many feats.

Mindset
Batman wasn't really out of shape though.

And he had bio mechanic enhancement for at least one leg, probably something similar for any damaged part of his body, since he had the tech, but that's conjecture.

KingD19
Aside from the few strength feats he has, Bane has no skill or speed. Boyka has him vastly outclassed in every area except strength, and even then he's no slouch. He's basically gonna dance around Bane while beating him to death and never getting touched. And immunity to pain or not, that doesn't stop your bodies reactions when that starts to add up. Especially if Uri just breaks something.

Mindset
What happens when Banes punches his face clean off?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Mindset
What happens when Banes punches his face clean off?

Bane doesn't have enough power for one punch knockouts. After all, Batman survived multiple hits to the face from Bane. Even if he had a cowl, his chin is exposed, and that's what you hit to get a knockout.

Besides, Boyka's knee strikes are strong enough to shatter bone.

Estacado
Batman>>Iceman.
/Thread.

Mindset
Bane doesn't have enough power for one punch knockouts. After all, Batman survived multiple hits to the face from Bane. Even if he had a cowl, his chin is exposed, and that's what you hit to get a knockout.

Besides, Boyka's knee strikes are strong enough to shatter bone. Punches through concrete, he will break Uri's face off.

Batman is Batman.

Robtard
Boyka wins cos Adkins can at least bother to hit the weights before a film unlike that sloppy-ass Hardy.

KingD19
There's also the fact that Boyka was multiple times faster than Bane. Even if he does land a punch, which is highly unlikely. It won't be a clean hit. He'll definitely get kicked in the face a couple times though, probably kneed in the ribs. Etc...

FrothByte
Punches through concrete, he will break Uri's face off.

Batman is Batman.

That wasn't a pure concrete pillar though. And Boyka's flying knees can break bone... And Bane will still have to hit Boyka first. It will be easier for Boyka to break off Bane's mask than Bane can get a clean hit at Boyka.

FrothByte
Batman wasn't really out of shape though.

And he had bio mechanic enhancement for at least one leg, probably something similar for any damaged part of his body, since he had the tech, but that's conjecture.

Wayne was limping and couldn't walk without a cane just a few days before he fought Bane. He also stopped fighting for what, 8 years? What do you mean he wasn't out of shape? Anyone who stops training/fighting for that long is bound to be rusty.

Add to that the fact that the doctor showed how messed up Wayne's body was... so you can't claim that he wasn't out of shape.

the ninjak
Punching the outer concrete layer of a pillar whilst highly desperate is not such an astounding feat.

Plus bodies move when punched.

Bane ain't punching nobodies face off.

Mindset
That wasn't a pure concrete pillar though. And Boyka's flying knees can break bone... And Bane will still have to hit Boyka first. It will be easier for Boyka to break off Bane's mask than Bane can get a clean hit at Boyka. You're right, it was rebar reinforced concrete.Originally posted by FrothByte
Wayne was limping and couldn't walk without a cane just a few days before he fought Bane. He also stopped fighting for what, 8 years? What do you mean he wasn't out of shape? Anyone who stops training/fighting for that long is bound to be rusty.

Add to that the fact that the doctor showed how messed up Wayne's body was... so you can't claim that he wasn't out of shape. That was an act.

Yea, and seconds later he repelled down the side of the building.

Also, did you miss the part of the movie and my post where he got tech for his body?

Bane wins, get over it, commie lover.

Psychotron
Bane is just a strong brawler, and nothing more, Boyka outclasses him in every other category. Hell, Bane doesn't even have his pain resistance here and then there's the mask weakness. It's a stomp for the most complete fighter in the world.

Newjak
What feats? Bane beat an out of condition Batman. Showed he's strong enough to carry Batman over his head and punch through semi-concrete pillars. Other than that, he doesn't exactly have that many feats. You mean a fully armored Batman that was still capable of going through groups of supposedly highly trained mercenaries.

Despite whatever you want to believe Batman was still a massive threat as shown when taking on Bane's armed thugs. That alone gives Batman better feats than anything Boyka did and Bane handled Batman.

It also took one of Batman's forearm blades to damage the mask, something capable of cutting a sword in half. It's not like the mask is easily damaged.

As for speed and skill you guys are just basing it on looks. Bane was fast enough to catch a punch from Batman in his hands, and take out 3 armed security guards before they could do anything.

What has Boyka done that's similar or even close to that, something other than he looked cool while taking out prison thugs.

The only legit threat he took on was Micheal Jai White's character who was going to beat him in the first match until the people hosting it cheated so Boyka could win. In the second fight he beat Boyka straight up and broke his leg, if I remember correctly, with very little training in that area of fighting.

So just as a reminder.

Boyka beats prison chums , and loses to the only legit threat he comes up against.

Bane beats up a fully armored human being that can take on groups of armed men and Bane did it a methodical fashion like it was nothing to him but play time.

The only reason I see people picking Boyka is because he looked cooler while losing cause he was played by a legit real life fighter, while Bane didn't look as cool cause he was played by an actor who doesn't have the same real world fighting background.

Psychotron
Um, did you see Undisputed 3? Did you see the ass whoopin he gave Dolor despite his knee?

Newjak
Um, did you see Undisputed 3? Did you see the ass whoopin he gave Dolor despite his knee? I didn't know there was a 3 with him in it stick out tongue

But unless he did something majorly better in it than he did in 2 I think most of points still stand.

Psychotron
I didn't know there was a 3 with him in it stick out tongue

But unless he did something majorly better in it than he did in 2 I think most of points still stand.

Well, he was the main character. He beat the shit out of the main fighter (Dolor) with a ****ed up knee. Check out his fights against the champions from the other prisons.

Newjak
Well, he was the main character. He beat the shit out of the main fighter (Dolor) with a ****ed up knee. Check out his fights against the champions from the other prisons. That's cool he was the main fighter I liked him as a character in 2, but does that really change anything.

I went on Wikipedia and read about it. It seems like he was pretty much doing the same stuff he was doing in 2 only this time he had a bad knee and he won at the end.
1) kick through brick, 2) beat groups of armed mercenaries.

And Bane still handled Batman fairly easily.

Psychotron
And then Batman took him out and Catwoman killed him. Bane was a failure.

Boyka beat the top fighters from the other prisons and beat the doped up Dolor with a screwed up knee. He's clearly superior to Bane in everything but strength. One knee to the mask and it's all over.

Newjak
And then Batman took him out and Catwoman killed him. Bane was a failure.

Boyka beat the top fighters from the other prisons and beat the doped up Dolor with a screwed up knee. He's clearly superior to Bane in everything but strength. One knee to the mask and it's all over. Batman used his forearm blades to arm the mask to weaken Bane, other than that the face mask was fine after taking all kinds of punches from an armored up Batman, and Catwoman shot him with guns from the Batpod. Pretty sure Boyka would have died from all that.

How is he clearly better than Bane in everything except strength?

Bane is fast enough to catch a punch from Batman in his hand.

Tell me besides flashy fighting what has Boyka done that is better?

FrothByte
You mean a fully armored Batman that was still capable of going through groups of supposedly highly trained mercenaries.

Despite whatever you want to believe Batman was still a massive threat as shown when taking on Bane's armed thugs. That alone gives Batman better feats than anything Boyka did and Bane handled Batman.

It also took one of Batman's forearm blades to damage the mask, something capable of cutting a sword in half. It's not like the mask is easily damaged.

What has Boyka done that's similar or even close to that, something other than he looked cool while taking out prison thugs.

The only legit threat he took on was Micheal Jai White's character who was going to beat him in the first match until the people hosting it cheated so Boyka could win. In the second fight he beat Boyka straight up and broke his leg, if I remember correctly, with very little training in that area of fighting.

Boyka beats prison chums , and loses to the only legit threat he comes up against.

Oh please, highly trained mercenaries?? Catwoman was mowing them down like average joes. Heck, these "highly trained" mercenaries couldn't even properly hit a bunch of cops despite them having superior artillery.

Boyka wasn't taking out just prison "thugs". He took out the best fighters the prison had to offer. Even the lowliest prison fighter he fought showed far more skill than those mercenaries of Bane. Actually, even the lowliest prison fighter in the movies showed better skill than Bane himself.

Right now I'm thinking that you probably didn't watch the Undisputed movies and just based your opinions on youtube highlights. Because if you watched it, you'll know that Boyka was beating Chambers in their first match once he fully utilized his kicks and grappling. It was cut short due to the drugs, but he was dominating the 2nd half of that fight before it was stopped.

Ofcourse then later on he was beat by a quickly trained Chambers, which is about as stupid as Batman beating Bane despite just doing pushups and situps in the pit.

Then we have Undisputed 3, where Boyka beats the best champion fighters from all over the world.

SO in reality, it's Bane that only went up against ONE skilled opponent which is Batman. Everyone else he beat up showed no skill at all. And the single skilled person he went up against ended up being able to defeat him in the end.

Psychotron
Batman used his forearm blades to arm the mask to weaken Bane, other than that the face mask was fine after taking all kinds of punches from an armored up Batman, and Catwoman shot him with guns from the Batpod. Pretty sure Boyka would have died from all that.

How is he clearly better than Bane in everything except strength?

Bane is fast enough to catch a punch from Batman in his hand.

Tell me besides flashy fighting what has Boyka done that is better?

How is he not better? Have you seen any of the movies? Boyka dances circles around Bane.

So what? Batman's combat speed is not that great.

Watch U3. Boyka wrecks multiple martial arts champions with his ****ed up knee. Bane? He beat and then lost to an out shape Batman.

Newjak
Oh please, highly trained mercenaries?? Catwoman was mowing them down like average joes. Heck, these "highly trained" mercenaries couldn't even properly hit a bunch of cops despite them having superior artillery.

Boyka wasn't taking out just prison "thugs". He took out the best fighters the prison had to offer. Even the lowliest prison fighter he fought showed far more skill than those mercenaries of Bane. Actually, even the lowliest prison fighter in the movies showed better skill than Bane himself.

Right now I'm thinking that you probably didn't watch the Undisputed movies and just based your opinions on youtube highlights. Because if you watched it, you'll know that Boyka was beating Chambers in their first match once he fully utilized his kicks and grappling. It was cut short due to the drugs, but he was dominating the 2nd half of that fight before it was stopped.

Ofcourse then later on he was beat by a quickly trained Chambers, which is about as stupid as Batman beating Bane despite just doing pushups and situps in the pit.

Then we have Undisputed 3, where Boyka beats the best champion fighters from all over the world.

SO in reality, it's Bane that only went up against ONE skilled opponent which is Batman. Everyone else he beat up showed no skill at all. And the single skilled person he went up against ended up being able to defeat him in the end. Because losing to Catwoman makes them weak?

I said supposedly. Even if they weren't trained there were still groups of them that were armed with guns. Boyka doesn't have a feat like that. Which means Batman is still better based on feats.

You are just judging based on what you thought looked better which you shouldn't do imo. Cause one is obviously a fighter turned actor, while the other is obviously an actor who is doing their best to portray fighting. Visually it just won't compare cause the 'REAL WORLD' skill levels are different.

You gotta look at it in context.

Bane has legit Superhuman strength feats. He is also fast enough to catch a fist thrown by Batman, who himself takes out groups of armed men. He also was able to injure and defeat a Batman who was fully armored. He can take out three armed people before they can do anything.

Boyka took on prison fighters, even if they showed a lot of skill that's what they are, one on one most times. He definitely didn't take on any groups of armed men, and if he could he probably wouldn't have been in prison at all. He lost to the world heavyweight champion in boxing after said boxer went through very little grappling and submission training.

Bane was only beaten after Batman exploited a weakness, which as far we know Boyka can not duplicate. Why can he not duplicate it because Batman was throwing his hardest punches into the mask but in the end he could only break it when one of his arm blades snagged on it. Last time I checked Boyka won't hit harder than an armored Batman and he definitely doesn't have any weapons for this fight to duplicate what it took Batman's arm blades to do.

You look at the Batman movies and because you see actors trying to portray fighters you think the characters themselves are garbage fighters, and look at the Undisputed films and you see fighters being actors and assume they are better cause they look faster, and look more skilled. But the feats show different things. Boyka doesn't have the feats to compete against Bane.

Zack Fair
Bane oneshots Boyka.

FrothByte
Because losing to Catwoman makes them weak?

I said supposedly. Even if they weren't trained there were still groups of them that were armed with guns. Boyka doesn't have a feat like that. Which means Batman is still better based on feats.

You are just judging based on what you thought looked better which you shouldn't do imo. Cause one is obviously a fighter turned actor, while the other is obviously an actor who is doing their best to portray fighting. Visually it just won't compare cause the 'REAL WORLD' skill levels are different.

You gotta look at it in context.

Bane has legit Superhuman strength feats. He is also fast enough to catch a fist thrown by Batman, who himself takes out groups of armed men. He also was able to injure and defeat a Batman who was fully armored. He can take out three armed people before they can do anything.

Boyka took on prison fighters, even if they showed a lot of skill that's what they are, one on one most times. He definitely didn't take on any groups of armed men, and if he could he probably wouldn't have been in prison at all. He lost to the world heavyweight champion in boxing after said boxer went through very little grappling and submission training.

Bane was only beaten after Batman exploited a weakness, which as far we know Boyka can not duplicate. Why can he not duplicate it because Batman was throwing his hardest punches into the mask but in the end he could only break it when one of his arm blades snagged on it. Last time I checked Boyka won't hit harder than an armored Batman and he definitely doesn't have any weapons for this fight to duplicate what it took Batman's arm blades to do.

You look at the Batman movies and because you see actors trying to portray fighters you think the characters themselves are garbage fighters, and look at the Undisputed films and you see fighters being actors and assume they are better cause they look faster, and look more skilled. But the feats show different things. Boyka doesn't have the feats to compete against Bane.

Look dude, I can understand where you're coming from. But if we don't base it on looks, then where are we supposed to base it from? There are some fighters who are better suited to one vs. many fights, some who are better in one vs one fights.

Take for example a boxer and a bjj fighter. A boxer has way better chances of taking out multiple enemies in a street fight, doesn't mean that he can take out the bjj fighter in one on one.

Batman taking out multiple enemies is due to him training specifically for that, not to mention the fact that he utilizes sneaking and surprise to accomplish some. Problem is, this is a one to one fight, and quite frankly, Nolan's Batman hasn't been too great on his one on one battles.

Bane was fast enough to catch Batman's fist, but Batman moved extremely slow though, and if you don't want to base it on looks than we do it by logic: batman was weighed down by his armored suit.

Boyka was fast enough to do multiple spinning kicks and a back flip before his opponent even fell down from his first kick. That's some insane combat speed. Neither Bane nor Batman can pull off anything that fast.

I think you are getting biased against Boyka because his moves look cool and flashy. And while I agree that they're fancy, you cannot deny that it takes extreme agility and speed to pull these things off, meaning that he can probably dance circles around Bane or Bats.

I'm not even basing this on whether real martial artists were used are actors or whatever. Just look at the movies, look at the characters, and you know that Boyka displayed way more skill than Bane. And while I agree that Bane trumps Boyka in the strength department, Boyka has him beat in speed, agility, and skill.

Besides, just coz Boyka was never shown to take on multiple armed opponents doesn't mean he can't do it. And he did take on multiple opponents in Undisputed 2, used them for training practice. 3 fighters I believe. Granted, not as impressive as Batman taking out mulitple armed opponents, but ff you gave Boyka an armored suit, batman's gadgets and Wayne's money he probably would even make a better Batman, fighting wise anyway.

Mindset
Bane is just a strong brawler, and nothing more, Boyka outclasses him in every other category. Hell, Bane doesn't even have his pain resistance here and then there's the mask weakness. It's a stomp for the most complete fighter in the world. What mask weakness?

Uri isn't busting his mask open.

Bane is, however, punching Uri's face off and stopping communism.

Newjak
Look dude, I can understand where you're coming from. But if we don't base it on looks, then where are we supposed to base it from? There are some fighters who are better suited to one vs. many fights, some who are better in one vs one fights.

Take for example a boxer and a bjj fighter. A boxer has way better chances of taking out multiple enemies in a street fight, doesn't mean that he can take out the bjj fighter in one on one.

Batman taking out multiple enemies is due to him training specifically for that, not to mention the fact that he utilizes sneaking and surprise to accomplish some. Problem is, this is a one to one fight, and quite frankly, Nolan's Batman hasn't been too great on his one on one battles.

Bane was fast enough to catch Batman's fist, but Batman moved extremely slow though, and if you don't want to base it on looks than we do it by logic: batman was weighed down by his armored suit.

Boyka was fast enough to do multiple spinning kicks and a back flip before his opponent even fell down from his first kick. That's some insane combat speed. Neither Bane nor Batman can pull off anything that fast.

I think you are getting biased against Boyka because his moves look cool and flashy. And while I agree that they're fancy, you cannot deny that it takes extreme agility and speed to pull these things off, meaning that he can probably dance circles around Bane or Bats.

I'm not even basing this on whether real martial artists were used are actors or whatever. Just look at the movies, look at the characters, and you know that Boyka displayed way more skill than Bane. And while I agree that Bane trumps Boyka in the strength department, Boyka has him beat in speed, agility, and skill. We need to base it on feats.

Batman is fast enough and skilled enough to take out multiple armed men. Without getting killed. He's fast enough to vanish when people turn their backs for a brief second even while armored.

Whether you think he looked slow while doing it is irrelevant he was still able to do it.

FrothByte
We need to base it on feats.

Batman is fast enough and skilled enough to take out multiple armed men. Without getting killed. He's fast enough to vanish when people turn their backs for a brief second even while armored.

Whether you think he looked slow while doing it is irrelevant he was still able to do it.

Well this goes both ways then. Boyka was fast enough to make a multiple spinning kick and then do a flip before his opponent fell from his first kick. Just saying...

Newjak
Well this goes both ways then. Boyka was fast enough to make a multiple spinning kick and then do a flip before his opponent fell from his first kick. Just saying... That is a pretty good speed feat, and I'll except that. Does it mean he is fast enough to run circles around Bane I don't know.

FrothByte
That is a pretty good speed feat, and I'll except that. Does it mean he is fast enough to run circles around Bane I don't know.

It should be fast enough for him to duck around Bane's hits for a while. So the question now is, whether Bane can make a clean connect with a knockout punch or can Boyka wear down his stronger opponent with faster hits.

Take note that Bane in this scenario can feel pain, so he can't tank Boyka's hits like he did with Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.