The beast (Kung Fu hustle) vs Shang Tsung (Mortaal kombat)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

berserker9999
Does Shang Tsung visit the old one to participate in a tournament but the beast it refuses, is Shang Tsung seen forced to face him/it who will win this clash?

The beast (Kung Fu hustle)

Vs

Shang Tsung (Mortaal kombat)

KingD19
Really? Mortal Kombat didn't have any uber over the top fighting feats. I don't even think Shang Tsung fought much.

the ninjak
The Beast wins ....Flawless Victory.

BruceSkywalker
Shang Tsung was a damn joke.. The Beast wins this effortlessly

Hanaoka
It will be shang tsung. Shang tsung will just eat his soul

mastagambit
If Shang does his soul steal move right from the start then he wins.

the ninjak
Soul Steal ain't fast enough.

mastagambit
The soul steal moved pretty fast,actually instantly when he did it to the black guy Goro had beaten.

the ninjak
Didn't he have to hold his hand against his chest? or close too?

The Beast will blitz him regardless. I'm pretty certain Shang won't be able to soul steal from an opponent he can even see.

And another point. I'm fairly certain conscious fighters with the will to fight off the Soul Steals repel such attempts. Which is why Shang does it once they are unconscious.

mastagambit
No he was not holding his hand against his chest.
And the distance was maybe 20 ft away.
Goro was in the ring and held his body up in the air and Shang who was sitting did the soul steal.
Debatable if he has to see you to do it,or if a conscious fight can 'fight it off/ward it off'.
Also Shang has other powers.He can call forth warriors to do his bidding.He can make atleast 3 or 4 warriors appear while he sit and watch.

the ninjak
I think it's fairly obvious a person has to be hurt in order for it to work.
And a dozen Shang Tsung clones won't help.

Ridley_Prime
There have been some instances where Shang (not the movie version) has taken the souls of victims that were still conscious or unhurt, but because movie Shang is the one being debated here since it's Movie Versus, he doesn't have that ability and thus loses.

KingD19
Movie Shang could only take a soul if someone had lost Mortal Kombat.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, and just having Goro doing most of the fighting for him doesn't help movie Tsung's case here either, even though it made sense because of the film being based off of MK1's tournament.

the ninjak
I think Shang took souls in the TV show without combat being involved.

But yeah not in the movies.

mastagambit
Shang still wins this.
He can morph into people.
He will just morph into that guy the beast lost against and use the Buddha Palm against him for the win.

KingD19
Doesn't work like that in the movie. He can only summon the souls of people he's absorbed.

mastagambit
Originally posted by KingD19
Doesn't work like that in the movie. He can only summon the souls of people he's absorbed.

Wait a sec.Are you saying he can only morph into someone he has absorbed or are you talking he can only summon people he absorbed to fight for him?
Plus he also can place people under spells.
He had Subzero and Scorpion slaves to his will as he put it.
There is alot of things Shang can do to put away the Beast.

KingD19
Originally posted by mastagambit
Wait a sec.Are you saying he can only morph into someone he has absorbed or are you talking he can only summon people he absorbed to fight for him?
Plus he also can place people under spells.
He had Subzero and Scorpion slaves to his will as he put it.
There is alot of things Shang can do to put away the Beast.

He never morphed into anybody in the movie. Only summoned souls. Unless he morphed into Liu Kang's brother in the end. I can't really remember.

But how he put them under his control is very ambiguous, you can't use it like it would just automatically work.

Shang gets his face punched in, plain and simple.

mastagambit
Originally posted by KingD19
He never morphed into anybody in the movie. Only summoned souls. Unless he morphed into Liu Kang's brother in the end. I can't really remember.

But how he put them under his control is very ambiguous, you can't use it like it would just automatically work.

Shang gets his face punched in, plain and simple.

He morphed into Lui's brother to try and trick him.
Now the summon thing,he did summon warriors to fight.
How many can he summon? Well he did atleast 3 in the movie.
Shang has too many tricks up his sleeve to lose.

KingD19
Originally posted by mastagambit
He morphed into Lui's brother to try and trick him.
Now the summon thing,he did summon warriors to fight.
How many can he summon? Well he did atleast 3 in the movie.
Shang has too many tricks up his sleeve to lose.

The one person he morphed into had no feats to his name, and Shang Tsung had no worthwhile combat feats.

He can summon warriors, but they aren't even peak human.

Beast on the other hand blocked a bullet between his fingertips after firing from an inch away at his own head. So he shot the gun, then had time to bring his other hand up around his face and block the bullet.

He's too powerful to lose.

Watch Mortal Kombat, then Watch Kung-Fu Hustle, and tell me who wins.

Mr. Tibbs
Shang Tsung bled and was hurt like a human if I recall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.