John McClane runs the 24 Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Extraordinary everyman-turned-action-hero John McClane must avert 8 Days (and 2 hours) worth of terror. Can he do it? And if not, how far does he get?

Impediment
What scenario is this from? I'm lost. Ha ha.

Lestov16
1. McClane must outwit a terrorist group who wish to frame him
for the murder of a presidential elect via kidnapping his family

2. McClane must locate a terrorist cell and stop the nuke they wish to detonate in LA, and then prevent WWIII when the US wishes to strike against the Middle East in retaliation

3. McClane must stop a terrorist who is threatening the US with a pandemic unless the POTUS betrays national secrets

4. McClane must stop a massive terrorist attack consisting of:
The kidnap/execution of SecDef
Nuclear holocaust from 6 meltdowns
shooting of AF1
Hijacking of a nuke

5. McClane must prevent:
A hostage takeover at an airport (terrorists are fanatical suicide bombers with explosive vests)
Nerve gas attacks on a mall, hospital, and natural gas distribution center
Expose conspiracy surrounding the POTUS and evade manhunt
Stop terrorists from using a hijacked sub against LA

Kaibs
1. McClane passes. The things he overcame in the movies were way worse.

2. McClane again passes. He's dealt with nothing but terrorists pretty much and he may not do it so flashy always but he gets the objective done.

3. IDK what POTUS is so I'm not sure.

4. McClane isn't the brightest person in technology so I'm sure he couldn't stop 6 nuclear plants from melting down.

5. He could and has stopped a takeover at an airport. And he could stop the attacks at the other places as well. Once again I don't know what POTUS is so I'm not sure how the rest would go.

dadudemon
hahahahahahah!

Lestov had to do it.

BruceSkywalker
SMDH

Pwned
President
Of
The
United
States

POTUS

the ninjak
Bless you Lestov. Finally revenge can be yours.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
1. McClane must outwit a terrorist group who wish to frame him
for the murder of a presidential elect via kidnapping his family

2. McClane must locate a terrorist cell and stop the nuke they wish to detonate in LA, and then prevent WWIII when the US wishes to strike against the Middle East in retaliation

3. McClane must stop a terrorist who is threatening the US with a pandemic unless the POTUS betrays national secrets

4. McClane must stop a massive terrorist attack consisting of:
The kidnap/execution of SecDef
Nuclear holocaust from 6 meltdowns
shooting of AF1
Hijacking of a nuke

5. McClane must prevent:
A hostage takeover at an airport (terrorists are fanatical suicide bombers with explosive vests)
Nerve gas attacks on a mall, hospital, and natural gas distribution center
Expose conspiracy surrounding the POTUS and evade manhunt
Stop terrorists from using a hijacked sub against LA

1) Passes most aspects; if he gets the resources(ie help) Bauer did, clears easily.

2) Passes. May need some of the resources (ie help) Bauer had.

3) Passes, if he gets the resources(ie help) Bauer did.

4) Passes, if he gets the resources(ie help) Bauer did.

5) Passes some aspects, been there; done similar. With the same resources (ie help) Bauer had, he clears this one faster. 17-19 hrs.

Lestov16
1) Bauer's not going to escape Secret Service after the first failed assassination attempt, so McClane's fam gets killed. McClane loses

2) McClane does not have the skill to go undercover with Wald's crew, nor the skill to hold off the Coral Snake commandos. McClane loses

3) McClane does not have the skill to break Ramon out of prison. Mcclane loses

4) McClane does not have the skill to track Habib's men, or raid the Chinese consulate. McClane loses

5) McClane does not have the skill to get out of the airport situation (he's never taken on a situation with suicide bombers) nor the skill to track down nerve gas, nor the skill to outwit the POTUS, so again, McClane loses.

Robtard
1) McClane's escaped Simon. So you're incorrect.

2) You could go undercover with how retarded those guy's were. He'd not "hold them off", he'd shoot them dead or kill them in more hysterical fashions as he's known for. So you're incorrect.

3) McClane as a detective could easily gain access to a prison(esp that prison run by retards) and easily replicate that same riot, allowing him to escape. So you're incorrect.

4) McClane with the resources (CTU, Tony, Curtis, satellite imaging, etc)Bauer had could easily replicate both the tracking of Habib and sneaking into a Consulate. So you're incorrect.

5) McClane's done airports and terrorist. If McClane has the same resources Bauer did, he could easily replicate said actions. So you're incorrect.

Lestov16
1) Simon wasn't holding his family hostage, so your point is moot

2) So he'd shoot them dead and not find out Wald's location? Okay. Shows what an trigger-happy amateur McClane is laughing out loud

3) laughing out loud Lol no. McClane would have died in that prison. And even if not, there's no way he would have tricked the Salazar's into going along with his plan. McClane dies

4) Nope. Bauer has virtually no help besides Chloe tracking the dsude via satellite. McClane's not smart enough to track him without being seen, so again, McClane dies.

5) Again, McClane's never taken on suicide bombers, so GTFO with your bullshit, and that arc only took up like 6 episodes. There's still nerve gas an a presidential conspiracy McChump will not be able to handle. McClane dies.

Your downplay of Bauer, as if he was completely reliant on others, is utterly hilarious. McClane can not replicate Bauer's feats, and thus dies. /thread

Robtard
1) McClane's had his family held hostage in DH4.0; that didn't stop his McRampage. So your point is pointless and you're incorrect again.

2) Incorrect. He'd shoot all but the one, he's smarter than Bauer and it's simple logic to keep one alive for intel.

3) Um, no. McClane's tougher than Bauer and donning on a guard uniform isn't rocket-science. If by "tricked the Salazar's" you mean said "waaa, I'm sick of bleeding for my country and being betrayed, I just want some money, waa!" McClane could easily do the same. Besides, B. Willis is a superior actor to K. Sutherland. So you're incorrect a lot here.

4) LoL, how long ago did you watch that season? Bauer had MASSIVE help in that season; from a lot of different people too. Incorrect X infinity.

5) He's taken on worse in airports, Special Ops guys. With the same resources Bauer desperately relies on to further the plot, McClane does the same here, just faster. So you're incorrect 5 out of 5. Good job.

Lestov16
1) Not in the same manner Bauer's was being held. Stop McOverhyping

2) McClane has never displayed the intelligence to do this. Stop McOverhyping

3) Same as above

4) Bauer still operated on his own and completed missions McChump would get pwned trying to perform. Stop McDownplaying

5) Again, McClane's never taken on suicide bombers, so stop McOverhyping

Robtard
1) Both had family held hostage and in immediate danger. Stop downplaying McClane.

2) It's common sense, which he's more than shown when he didn't fall for a genius' ruse. Stop downplaying McClane.

3) Putting on a uniform as a disguise is more common sense. Stop downplaying McClane.

4) So it's been a long time since you've seen that season and you don't fully recall. Maybe you should watch it again and then decide. Objectivity, and that.

5) Repeat: He's taken on worse in an airport setting. Special Ops guys > suicidal idiots. Stop downplaying McClane.

Lestov16
1. Again, completely different circumstances. Stop McOverhyping

2. Actually, I'd put Wald's crew above Hans, as they successfully blew up a government facility, whereas Hans couldn't even steal some papers laughing out loud. Stop McOverhyping

3. McClane would've been skullcapped by Peel. Stop McOverhyping

4. I remember the season just fine. You are the one blocking out the painful memories of Bauer manhandling foes in a way that exposes McClane as the amateur he is. McClane's not saving Heller, or stopping the 6 meltdowns, or stopping the nuke attack. He loses. Stop McOverhyping

5. laughing What kind of Mcbullshit logic are you using there? Dudes with explosives strapped to their chest>>>>failed military officers with handguns. Stop McOverhyping

Robtard
1) Correct in a sense, McClane was quicker to react, my error. "We have your daughter" -Gabriel "I'm coming for you and you'll be dead; the US will be saved, in less than 30mins"-McClane. Not "completely different circumstances", but McClane proved the superior/faster hero in this comparison. Good catch.

2) Non sequitur. You implied McClane lacks common sense. He doesn't. Stop downplaying McClane.

3) Tougher and more experienced guys have tried to "skull cap" McClane. They failed. Stop downplaying McClane.

4) Did you just cross seasons? Anyhow, if McCkane has the same resources, he does the same; as it's mostly just basic footwork and getting massive help. As proof you can't recall the season though, Bauer didn't stop the reactors, the fat greasy nerd at the CTU did via computer. So watch 24 again; then make unbiased judgments.

5) So now Stewart and his men are "failedfailed military officers ". LoL. They were Spec Ops guys; they had more than handguns. Stop downplaying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.