Current Superman vs current Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

cdtm
Didn't take long for another writer to undo a lot of what Pak did, did it? And I "liked" the "After all these years, you still think Hulk and Banner are separate people?" line. Well, he's separate people again... Both in the literal and psychological sense... And he's been very much depowered too, it seems, from the HOTM version..

Zack Fair
He should be depowered. You don't want a character that can destroy planets with the force of his fist clashing against an exwife. Will be hard to write.

carver9
Grey Hulk stomps.

Grey Hulk tossed a pyramid at the Avengers like it was candy and proceeded at waxing the team, one shotting Wonderman and tanking Ironman attacks while over powering him with his chest.

Any Hulk above this kills him.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cdtm
Who wins? err... idunno

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Didn't take long for another writer to undo a lot of what Pak did, did it? And I "liked" the "After all these years, you still think Hulk and Banner are separate people?" line. Well, he's separate people again... Both in the literal and psychological sense... And he's been very much depowered too, it seems, from the HOTM version..

Yes, he is still depowered but he is still walking through Heralds though, even at his weaker levels. Hulk power level is insane, insane enough to tank attacks from beings that use to hurt him in the past. He is operating on a much higher level than he previously was as Savage.

The Sorrow
Indestructible Hulk ftw.

Golgo13
What are some of Hulk's best feats? Current that is?

Zack Fair
Shoving Wolverine's claws through his skull. awesome

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13

Too many to name.

Cogito
Originally posted by carver9
Too many to name.

What a cop out.

He's asking for the best, not all of them.

I gave you a list of 100 numbers and asked you for the 3 largest, would you come back and say there are too many to list?

carver9
Yes.

Zack Fair

JakeTheBank
lol Carver's trolling is actually getting better.

Zack Fair
Either that or his meds stopped working. He should contact Dr. PR again ask for an upgrade.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Golgo13

Breaking the 4th wall and warping carver's reality.

Golgo13
Rocking Carver's world? shifty

Branlor Swift
This thread proves that Doom would beat Superman

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hes in embraced the troll force. The Hulk cock is pleased

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Either that or his meds stopped working. He should contact Dr. PR again ask for an upgrade.

Upgrade?

http://i.imgur.com/U2BxD.gif

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This thread proves that Doom would beat Superman

We already knew that eons ago.

abhilegend
Hulk wins.

Damborgson
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

If he did it with the intention of trolling I'd agree.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hulk wins.

wut?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
wut?
DCnU superman feared a nuke and ran away from it.

Zack Fair
Do you think he wouldn't have been able to tank/survive it?

Stoic
DCnU superman feared a nuke and ran away from it.

This is true.

Do you think he wouldn't have been able to tank/survive it?

I'm not sure, but I'm also not sure that the Hulk could survive a direct hit in his current state.

Zack Fair
I mean fearing and avoiding the nuke is one thing. That doesn't mean he couldn't have survived it. Its kind of like Thor in Hulk's cage in Avengers. I think he didn't know if he could survive...and he definitely didn't want to test his luck, if you know what I mean.

Edit BTW I ain't claiming he could have survived it.

Stoic
I mean fearing and avoiding the nuke is one thing. That doesn't mean he couldn't have survived it. Its kind of like Thor in Hulk's cage in Avengers. I think he didn't know if he could survive...and he definitely didn't want to test his luck, if you know what I mean.

Edit BTW I ain't claiming he could have survived it.

While I read that Superman comic, I was asking myself the same thing. Could he survive it, and why is he flying away. But from seeing him get the one shot concussion to KO at the hands of Helspont, I'm really questioning whether or not he could tank a nuke. After all his impact with the moon created a crater, but nothing that he wouldn't have shaken off prior to Flash Point.

This may seem odd, but I like this Superman more than the nothing can beat him if he put his mind and soul into it, Superman. It gives him more flavor.

carver9

I'm not sure, but I'm also not sure that the Hulk could survive a direct hit in his current state.

Huh? Which Hulk?

Branlor Swift
Hulk just watched a gamma bomb blow his pants off while he calmly held Banner in his loving hands

Stoic
Huh? Which Hulk?

Current Hulk of the Incredible Hulk (color = Green not Red).

carver9
Current Hulk of the Incredible Hulk (color = Green not Red).

Current Hulk just tanked a nuke though that engulfed a good portion of the planet. Avengers Hulk is a freaking monster. Not clear what Hulk you are talking about.

Stoic
Current Hulk just tanked a nuke though that engulfed a good portion of the planet. Avengers Hulk is a freaking monster. Not clear what Hulk you are talking about.

I'm not sure what Hulk that Avengers Assemble Hulk is. That Hulk should not even be counted as canon, I mean have you read his dialog? He's back to being Savage persona Hulk, and that doesn't fit with the mainstream title. Nor does it give an explanation as to why he's back to the "Leave Hulk alone", "Hulk no dummy", and "Hulk Smash... uh?". I have always despised the dumb versions of the character. This seems to be a spin off of the Avenger's movie.

iceman24567
Current Hulk just tanked a nuke though that engulfed a good portion of the planet. Avengers Hulk is a freaking monster. Not clear what Hulk you are talking about. Engulfed a good portion of the planet??? Liar no expression

Zack Fair
While I read that Superman comic, I was asking myself the same thing. Could he survive it, and why is he flying away. But from seeing him get the one shot concussion to KO at the hands of Helspont, I'm really questioning whether or not he could tank a nuke. After all his impact with the moon created a crater, but nothing that he wouldn't have shaken off prior to Flash Point.

This may seem odd, but I like this Superman more than the nothing can beat him if he put his mind and soul into it, Superman. It gives him more flavor.

I agree. That concussion was nasty, but we don't know just how powerful Hel is. Apparentely he is quite powerful.

I don't mind Superman willing himself to do something...what I don't like is him doing that becoming the status quo for every single event.

Kindda like Fairy Tail and Naruto(well shonen manga in general) where the chars win simply because of the power of their friendship/emotions/will! It gets old fast.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Engulfed a good portion of the planet??? Liar no expression

I said good portion.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/11205615/IncredibleHulk_6_TheGroup_022.jpg.html

At Stoic...WTF...show me where it states its not canon.

Stoic
I said good portion.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/11205615/IncredibleHulk_6_TheGroup_022.jpg.html

At Stoic...WTF...show me where it states its not canon.

I did not say that it wasn't canon. I just said that it doesn't make a bit of sense. Do you recall the Avenger's re-recruiting the Hulk? Do you recall when he got hit in the head in his mainstream book to cause him to become mentally challenged? I recall the Movies version of the Hulk, and him being dumb in it. Also what was the explanation behind Thanos getting out of the cancerverse? What happened to Richard Rider, and why hasn't someone at Marvel gotten fired for not reading, or sticking to continuity. You see where I'm going with this?

Ah Ok, I saw the scan, and I see your point, the Hulk would have survived the nuke that Kal decided to prudently fly away from, but it does not prove that Kal would not have been able to survive the hit, he just decided to spare himself from senseless harm.

carver9
@Stoic...its canon so us talking about it really doesn't matter.

As far as Superman goes...I'm pretty sure he knows his own durability. Would he run from a grenade? Sure would not because he knows his limits.

iceman24567
Well idk preboot Diana took a tactile nuke to the face without even flinching Supeman is a *****

-Pr-
@Stoic...its canon so us talking about it really doesn't matter.

As far as Superman goes...I'm pretty sure he knows his own durability. Would he run from a grenade? Sure would not because he knows his limits.

Horrible logic.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by -Pr-
Horrible logic. Agreed.

But its Carv.

abhilegend
That was just the island.

iceman24567
That was just the island. Dis the nuke covered the island

Zack Fair
You all know he is gonna say you can see the stars dur

iceman24567
You all know he is gonna say you can see the stars dur Yeah well the panel was horribly drawn it looks like that nuke engulfed 1/4 of the planet

carver9
I'm comparing the blast to the size of the planet. It engulfed a good portion of it looking at how big the blast is compared to the planet.

Branlor Swift
Is that supposed to be the planet?

Zack Fair
Yeah well the panel was horribly drawn it looks like that nuke engulfed 1/4 of the planet Agreed.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is that supposed to be the planet? lol my thoughts exactly

carver9
Agreed.

Or we can accept what was shown. confused

-Pr-
Is that Earth? If so, it can't be a large portion of the planet.

iceman24567
Is that Earth? If so, it can't be a large portion of the planet. He said "good" portion dont troll carv no expression

carver9
Is that Earth? If so, it can't be a large portion of the planet.

I said "good" portion, not large portion and it did engulf a good portion of the planet.

iceman24567
I said "good" portion, not large portion and it did engulf a good portion of the planet. I got your back bruv

DarkSaint85
So what is current Hulk? I was getting confused. Is it dumb Hulk who's with Thanos, or smart bald Hulk?

-Pr-
I said "good" portion, not large portion and it did engulf a good portion of the planet.

Anyone actually going to answer my question?

And no, it didn't. You're mistaking the shockwave as being the horizon.

iceman24567
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So what is current Hulk? I was getting confused. Is it dumb Hulk who's with Thanos, or smart bald Hulk? Its both actually

iceman24567
Anyone actually going to answer my question? Yes it was a small island in the Pacific iirc

-Pr-
Yes it was a small island in the Pacific iirc

Ah, okay.

And no, like I said, people are mixing up the shockwave with the horizon.

DarkSaint85
Its both actually

So...what level is he at, tactically?

carver9
The blast was still enormous to create shockwaves big enough to be as large as it was.

carver9
So...what level is he at, tactically?

Different power levels for both imo. Avengers Hulk is clearly more powerful.

iceman24567
Different power levels for both imo. Avengers Hulk is clearly more powerful. Clearly? Not sure about that

DarkSaint85
Yah, I agree. Least Avengers Hulk isn't fighting dog men or whatever the hell that was...

Which would pop up into your head, carver, when someone says current Hulk?

iceman24567
Yah, I agree. Least Avengers Hulk isn't fighting dog men or whatever the hell that was...

Which would pop up into your head, carver, when someone says current Hulk? A big green penis

carver9
Avengers Hulk took out someone that was a peer to a being that ran through both Ironman and Thor at the same time. It's hard to call, you could be correct since we haven't seen the upper limit of bald Hulk yet but looking at what Avengers Hulk is doing and all the hype they are giving this Hulk, he is more powerful imo.

DarkSaint85

Which would pop up into your head, carver, when someone says current Hulk?

-Pr-
The blast was still enormous to create shockwaves big enough to be as large as it was.

Quantify the size. A standard nuclear blast could like like that at the right angle.

========

So, from all the speculation, I'm assuming that we haven't seen what comes next?

Either way, the artists ****ed up. If that's supposed to be the horizon (as evident by the lack of colour in the above background), then he got the shape of the shockwave horribly wrong. Perspective shouldn't be that hard.

Or, a lazy colourist just didn't add blue where he was supposed to.

Either way, we won't know until next issue, but I find it unlikely that the blast was that big, as it would have just wiped out billions of people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.