Link vs Jubei Kibagami

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Link from the Legend of Zelda series vs Jubei from the anime Ninja Scroll.

Setting is noon in the bamboo forest from the Ninja Scroll movie.

Link has the Master Sword, Hylian shield, and boomerang.

Jubei has his sword and throwing shurikens.

To the death.

XanatosForever
Oh no...oh, Impediment, you have no idea what you've started!

Fly, you fool, fly for the hills! They are coming!

stick out tongue To stay on topic, however, I believe Link has the reaction speed to keep up with Jubei. I don't see his boomerang being of much help in the bamboo forest unless he makes a clearing, which is entirely possible but time consuming and distracting.

I may need to refresh my memory on Jubei's abilities, though. This is an initial assessment.

Edit: Also, in Games Versus we've gotten into the habit of using a specific incarnation of Link for versus battles, so as to better judge what feats he brings to the fight. The common/popular choice tends to be "The Hero of Time" Link from Ocarina of Time, but certainly any incarnation can be used.

Robtard
Jubei cuts him in half.

XanatosForever
Link can block the shuriken with the Hylian Shield, which I believe is at least rumored to be indestructable, or deflect them with the Master Sword, he's skilled at intercepting enemy projectiles. In close combat, Jubei would need to work around the shield to even get close to Link.

MooCowofJustice
That durability argument for Link still flies, right?

XanatosForever
I'm not so sure on that, so I'm just going with what I understand and can relay properly at the moment.

Impediment
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Edit: Also, in Games Versus we've gotten into the habit of using a specific incarnation of Link for versus battles, so as to better judge what feats he brings to the fight. The common/popular choice tends to be "The Hero of Time" Link from Ocarina of Time, but certainly any incarnation can be used.

Good point. This version of Link is from Twilight Princess, with all of his sword techniques taught to him by the dead warrior.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
That durability argument for Link still flies, right? Depends on the Link, but most have some ****ed up feats.Originally posted by XanatosForever
Link can block the shuriken with the Hylian Shield, which I believe is at least rumored to be indestructable, or deflect them with the Master Sword, he's skilled at intercepting enemy projectiles. In close combat, Jubei would need to work around the shield to even get close to Link.

It's stated to be completely indestructible in Skyward Sword. >D

Anyway, I don't know anything about Jubei, how fast is he, and how strong/durable?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Impediment
Good point. This version of Link is from Twilight Princess, with all of his sword techniques taught to him by the dead warrior. Oh, excellent.

I have good news then, this Link is stronk. We're talking innate golden gauntlets levels of physical power.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Depends on the Link, but most have some ****ed up feats.

I meant the pillar stuff.

XanatosForever
Depends on the Link, but most have some ****ed up feats.

It's stated to be completely indestructible in Skyward Sword. >D

Anyway, I don't know anything about Jubei, how fast is he, and how strong/durable?

Can that be quantified through each incarnation? I do believe every link has used the Hylian Shield. It would also mean its feats are quantifiable.

I meant the pillar stuff.

Since this is Twilight Link, the feat itself isn't valid, but it can still be used as a reference to display Twilight Link's strength.

Impediment
Jubei is super fast, agile as Hell, is a ninja (dur), and has deadly sword skills. He's taken down the Eight Devils of Kimone, not an easy feat.

ScreamPaste
Jubei is super fast, agile as Hell, is a ninja (dur), and has deadly sword skills. He's taken down the Eight Devils of Kimone, not an easy feat. I've never seen the anime, so this is all vague and meaningless to me. :/

Exactly how fast? And how strong were the devils he fought? How did he beat them? Ect.

Robtard
I've never seen the anime

Then you've truly not lived yet.

Go rent, buy or download it immediately.

Impediment
YouTube some of Ninja Scroll's footage.

Jubei beat the devils with speed, cunning, and strength. He also has a little help from two friends, but the majority was his stuff.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Robtard
Then you've truly not lived yet.

Go rent, buy or download it immediately. I generally don't like anime, there are very few I legitimately enjoy. Just not my thing I s'pose.

I will look into it, but no promises I'll watch it all. stick out tongue

Anyway, I'll make with the feats I suppose.

Z4d8DKYJqb4

0:20, Dangoro stands up and jumps forward onto the platform, snapping the chains that support it. He's so heavy that without the iron boots on, he causes a significant shift in the balance of said platform.

Mathing his size and density (Gorons are made of stone) we came to around sixty tons of weight, not counting his armour, on the VG versus forum. This is consistent with the amount he shifts the platform beneath him when he moves.

When Link equips the iron boots, he outweighs Dangoro, and can even lift Dangoro's side of the platform significantly higher than his own, implying the boots are much heavier than said Goron.

They are also attached to a type of floor that is so magnetically strong it can lift the boots' weight to the ceiling in the face of gravity. Link can walk around through that kind of force.

Furthermore, when Dangoro rolls at him, which can be seen at 3:21, Link physically brings him to a full stop, and then throws him.

I should point out this is near the beginning of his journey, and at this point Link is considered 'unworthy' by the Hero's Shade, becoming much stronger over the course of the game.

Nephthys
inb4hypersoniclink

the ninjak
I think Jubei wins this via steel string trick.
Probably through removal of Links leg.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by the ninjak
I think Jubei wins this via steel string trick.
Probably through removal of Links leg. Can you supply a feat? ಠ_ಠ

the ninjak
Can you supply a feat? ಠ_ಠ

Jubei used it on the nimble BeeHiveDevil Mushizo. To remove his leg. It's been years. Maybe it was against Gemma where he used to string trick as well.

Hard to understand how Jubei had such range on that sword. But as a master of hiding should be able to attack Link from underneath or behind him without much trouble.

ScreamPaste
Jubei used it on the nimble BeeHiveDevil Mushizo. Both to remove his leg and another in a spectacular display of skill to finish him completely. All right, well, how durable is said beehivedevil?

I could argue Link's body is sturdier than steel. Link also has his own sword and shield, and significant skill of his own.

Also, is the Jubei in this thread stronger than the jubie at 3:50 in this anime clip?

JqIh5lawiiQ&t=3m50s

Two men are dueling, one appears to be Jubei, I think? And a woman interrupts, her sword is stuck in a bamboo tree and she has to leave it there.

Later, the man in white finds said blade parrying his strike, allowing Jubei (I think,) to attack him.

This implies some bad things about the relative strength of the people fighting. They're obviously able to slice through bamboo themselves, we see it happen, but a sword stuck in bamboo is enough to deflect a blow. And it's not like he shouldn't have seen it there, the sword couldn't move on it's own.

Anyway, I am now doubting that Jubei is actually capable of significantly injuring Link.

Can we now have some strength feats for Jubei to see if this is true?

Edit to include your edit:

Link has proven in almost all incarnations to be surprisingly hard to sneak up on. If Link had trouble finding his opponent, what stops him from changing into a wolf to even further raise his senses?

There's also still the matter of whether or not Jubei can cause significant damage to Link at all.

the ninjak
Have you seen Ninja Scroll Paste?
Why wouldn't Jubei's sword and string cut into Link's flesh?

ScreamPaste
Have you seen Ninja Scroll Paste?
Why wouldn't Jubei's sword and string cut into Link's flesh? I already said in this thread that no, I have not. I'm looking for some feats to try and find out exactly what Link is against. No one is posting any. erm

And because Link is durable. I doubt, given what I've seen, that Jubei could harm for example Thing from Marvel, either. Or Luke Cage. Or Spider-Man.

CosmicComet
Ninja Scroll was a great little anime.

Jubei was awesome.

He absolutely stands no chance against TP Link.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Ninja Scroll was a great little anime.

Jubei was awesome.

He absolutely stands no chance against TP Link. So, my suspicions based on what little I have seen are correct? =o

the ninjak
Link is as durable as Luke Cage and the Thing is he?

ScreamPaste
Link is as durable as Luke Cage and the Thing is he? Can't say for certain, comics aren't my strong point, I spend little time in the comic section, but they're good examples of people who I feel would be easily outside of Jubei's range of 'can injure'.

I also added Spider-Man.

the ninjak
Luke Cage has indestructible skin and super strength below the Things. Thing is pure stone.
Spidey's flesh isn't that tough a bullet will pierce him.
How hard is Link's skin arguably?

CosmicComet
There was this giant goblin swinging a huge axe--axe would have weighed at least a couple of hundred pounds.

He smacked Link with it in TP and Link got up without incident, and then beat him.

ScreamPaste
Luke Cage has indestructible skin and super strength below the Things. Thing is pure stone.
Spidey's flesh isn't that tough a bullet will pierce him.
How hard is Link's skin arguably? Arguably tougher than steel even early on when he overpowers and and stops rolling Gorons.

There's actually a scene in TP where King Bulbin weilding a huge axe knocks aside a giant boar and then hits Link in the chest with said axe, and Link gets up unharmed and fights him. Also fairly early in the game.

By late game Link is fighting Ganondorf/Ganon and even physically overpowers him.

iaWVPFVdaZo
0:20

the ninjak

the ninjak
That's the side of the axe! Jubei took worse than that.

ScreamPaste
Oh fine then smile Link wins. Too Durable!

If his flesh is as hard as steel then Jubei can't harm him. Oh, all right. big grin

That's a wrap then. mmm See you next thread. smile

the ninjak
Oh, all right. big grin

That's a wrap then. mmm See you next thread. smile

Stupid forum editing system! Actually I'm not going to except that as a durability feat. He obviously hit Link with the side of the axe.

Obviously an edited video but Jubei took punishment like this for half the movie and kept fighting strong.

nfsOuPLTYJk

ScreamPaste
Finally some feats big grin! Will peruse shortly and reply proper then. mmm I have company.

CosmicComet
True, been a while seen I've seen it.

Link did get hit with the flat of the axe.

Still, Jubei's performance against the rock guy was terrible. It took that guy several punches to even break that little stone post Jubei was put up against. And Jubei was badly hurt by even the first punch.

Link will have no problems hurting him, seeing as he's stronger than the rock guy, and the force of his swing will be concentrated onto the edge of a sword.

the ninjak
True, been a while seen I've seen it.

Link did get hit with the flat of the axe.

Still, Jubei's performance against the rock guy was terrible. It took that guy several punches to even break that little stone post Jubei was put up against. And Jubei was badly hurt by even the first punch.

Link will have no problems hurting him, seeing as he's stronger than the rock guy, and the force of his swing will be concentrated onto the edge of a sword.

What are you talkng about?
Jubei showed pain yes. But he kept fighting after many many durability feats such as that.
Jubei practically had Spiderman lastability in that film.

Finally some feats big grin! Will peruse shortly and reply proper then. mmm I have company.

Happy Shagging.

CosmicComet
What are you talkng about?
Jubei showed pain yes. But he kept fighting after many many durability feats such as that.
Jubei practically had Spiderman lastability in that film.

Happy Shagging.

I'm talking about Jubei's durability feats.

Which is at best demonstrates him to be sturdier than a small stone pagoda.

Which means Link will have no issue cutting through him easily.

He also only beat the rock guy because of plot, since the dude's skin was breaking apart from being poisoned from making intimate contact with that chick.

the ninjak
I'm talking about Jubei's durability feats.

Which is at best demonstrates him to be sturdier than a small stone pagoda.

Which means Link will have no issue cutting through him easily.

He also only beat the rock guy because of plot, since the dude's skin was breaking apart from being poisoned from making intimate contact with that chick.

Yeah that's right. Tessai got the AIDS from the girl.

I'm not arguing that if Link got a slash in it wouldn't simply kill Jubei...it would.
Jubei is incredibly fast on his feet though and can jump really high. I can't see Link catching up with him.

Question is can Jubei cut Link? I can't see why not. Jubei seperated limbs with ease from long distances.

NemeBro
Link could snap Jubei's neck with a slap.

ScreamPaste
That being punched thing is really not comparable to being hit as hard as Link was, even with the flat of the axe, Link was unhurt and the boar sent flying. That's a lot of force, and it's not like it's Link's only durability feat.

I posted a video earlier of him stopping a 60 ton-ish rolling Goron without being crushed, for example.

Both of those produce enough force to damage steel. stick out tongue

Another thing that occurs in Twilight Princess is that Link is fired out of a cannon in the sky down into lake Hylia. Sky cannons are powerful enough in TP to send Link to the city in the sky.

I never have been able to find a video of that though.

The Scenario
They're tough to find without commentary.

Cannon 1 (Into the desert)

Cannon 2 (Into the sky)

Cannon 3 (From the sky)

the ninjak
I remember WindWaker Link being shot out of a cannon and into Gannon's Fortress walls.

If the kid is so tough then how come he can lose a couple of hearts from being hit with a stick?? Yet shot out of a cannon and he hasn't got a scratch on him????
I call shenanigans!

MooCowofJustice
To make the gameplay possible to lose. Game's no fun when you can march through everywhere and casually slaughter everything even if you get hit.

Stuff like that is possible to avoid anyway. Since there is no guarantee that Link will ever be hit by some of the enemies, those damages are considered non-canon. If you suck, you'll get hit. If you're good enough you can walk through the game without ever taking damage. It depends on the player, really.

the ninjak
To make the gameplay possible to lose. Game's no fun when you can march through everywhere and casually slaughter everything even if you get hit.

Stuff like that is possible to avoid anyway. Since there is no guarantee that Link will ever be hit by some of the enemies, those damages are considered non-canon. If you suck, you'll get hit. If you're good enough you can walk through the game without ever taking damage. It depends on the player, really.

I was thinking that exact same theory today.
If there was a Link movie he would never get touched.
The hearts exist as try again tokens.

Damn Looney Tunes can't lose!

BloodRain
Rock guy's best feat is ripping a guys arms off.

Jubei is critically injured from Rock guy's punch.

/thread?

Impediment
Jubei was insanely fast when he cut through Tesai's rock hand.

the ninjak
Jubei was insanely fast when he cut through Tesai's rock hand.

He had the AIDS though thanks to eating out that poison ninja babe.
Her virus caused his rock flesh to corrode allowing Jubei an opening.
Cutting of Tessai's fingers before he could catch his super boomerang.
Resulting in his death.

The thing about Ninja Scroll was Jubei was young and it was a heroic trio against an army + the 8 Devils of Kimon.

A Government Spy.
An ninja poison taster.
And Jubei...an apprentice super ninja.

I agree on the speed and effectiveness of his attacks though. Beyond human. And interesting to say the least.
Jubei can release his sword to create a force of energy that goes much further than his sword is, separating flesh with ease.

It's this power that never got explained. I always thought it was the steel string connected to the sword being used in an arcane manner.

owsr3OpKuow

An ability that will go unnoticed in this forum fight. Jubei can move quickly and he can eviscerate flesh along lines of influence. Unfortunately the debaters here have enforced that Link is infact near invulnerable to any such damage.

quanchi112
Link gets murderalized.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.