Top 5 High Heralds in Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
No order just top 5

Please don't put an order because that leads to more arguments than civil debating.

Orion
Thor
Superman
SilverSurfer
Sentry

Those are my picks
What are yours

Again please don't rank 1-5 just the top 5

Branlor Swift
Surfer
Morg
Stardust
Firelord
Red Shift

I'd include Fallen One but we didn't get to see much. Air Walker's a glass cannon, Nova is a girl, and Terrax is sad at times. Destroyer wasn't around that long so meh.

If we're counting non canon, then I could see why you'd throw Superman, and Thor up there. Not sure when Orion or Sentry have been heralds though.

pym-ftw
I meant level not heralds of galactus

BTW your missing destroyer armor
ninja

Mshinu
Nate Grey
Hal Jordan
Thor
Silver Surfer
Lobo

DarkSaint85
And Aunt May, Golden Oldie.

My top 5 in no order:
Superman
Thor
Gladiator
Surfer
Green Lantern Jordan.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I meant level not heralds of galactus

BTW your missing destroyer armor
ninja Ah Top 5 Silver Surfer and below characters.

You are.

DTM
Ill go

Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Morg
Orion

JakeTheBank
Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
Green Lantern
Orion

pym-ftw
^which GL?

JakeTheBank
You could make arguments for either Hal or Kyle.

abhilegend
Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Orion

Nihilist
Hulk
Superman
Surfer
Thor
Wonder woman

The 5 most consistent herald lvlers

Starscream M
Originally posted by Nihilist
Hulk
Superman
Surfer
Thor
Wonder woman

The 5 most consistent herald lvlers I wouldnt put WW in top 5

keiththegreat
Superman
SS
Orion
Thor
Martian Manhunter

Juntai
Orion.
Thor.
Surfer.
Green Lantern.
Batman.

Colossus-Big C
Black Adam
Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk

In that order based on power level

Sixth_Winged
hulk is too one dimensional to be considered a herald imo.

CosmicComet
Orion
Orion
Orion
Orion

Superman

Nihilist
Originally posted by Starscream M
I wouldnt put WW in top 5 you also say Juggernaut is more durable than Galactus, let's just leave it there eh!

psycho gundam
left leg of the incredible one
left arm of the incredible one
right leg of the incredible one
right arm of the incredible one
hulk the incredible one

once you have all pieces of the incredible one in your post, you win the thread

dmills
Obviously the "trinity"

Thor
Supes
Norrin

Beyond that nothing is certain.

Originally posted by Sixth_Winged

Back to the ole issue of what makes one a herald?

What if we define it as a character that could perform all of the tasks required of a herald of Galactus under their own abilities? In other words, without Galan having to change them in any way. Obviously not including characters that have been empowered by Galan in the first place of course.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by psycho gundam
hulk the incredible one

Exodia much?

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged

You're right!!

Hulk is Trans!!! wink

Batman-Prime
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Hal

Not Batman, juntai just tries to lowball him

dmills
Originally posted by Nihilist
you also say Juggernaut is more durable than Galactus, let's just leave it there eh!

laughing out loud

the Darkone
Thor/Superman
Silver Surfer
Hal/ Kyle
Captain Atom
Orion

Cogito
Wow, hardly any villains getting credit here

JakeTheBank
hulk the incredible one

Obliterate! Smash!

h1a8
No order just top 5

Please don't put an order because that leads to more arguments than civil debating.

Orion
Thor
Superman
SilverSurfer
Sentry

Those are my picks
What are yours

Again please don't rank 1-5 just the top 5
IMO Flash is at least trans so I won't include him

Surfer
Superman
Hal/kyle
Thor
Orion

Note: WW didn't make it because her lack of versatility of fighting a variety of foes. But definitely she would be in the top 5 if we only considered Top heralds in a one on one situation against another herald.

Juntai
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Hal

Not Batman, juntai just tries to lowball him No, that was the reason I didn't put Superman.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Juntai
No, that was the reason I didn't put Superman.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/215/995/1312598096983.png

carver9
Thor
Surfer
Genis
Orion
Savage Hulk

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Thor
Surfer
Genis
Orion
WBHulk

fixed

abhilegend
Thor
Surfer
Genis
Orion
Savage Hulk
laughing out loud

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by byrdgang21
You're right!!

Hulk is Trans!!! wink

You're right.

He is a greeny Tranny.

Sixth_Winged
In all seriousness, even though he can't be classified as a herald. With CIS on, he is on par with the majority of them.

carver9
Didn't mean to use WBHulk, meant to put Grey Hulk

Philosophía
I always find it rather odd how from DC, there's only Superman that's being put in the same 'top tier' with Thor and Surfer, when people like Black Adam and Orion are easily in their league.

Black Adam's combat record up until Flashpoint was actually astonishingly good.

Bentley
Green Lantern Kyle.
Red Lantern Kyle.
Yellow Lantern Kyle.
Blue Lantern Kyle.
Indigo Lantern Kyle.

There you go.

ODG

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
Green Lantern
Orion

Pretty much.

Harbinger
Clark
Thor
Orion
Norrin
Wally West

Galan007
I agree with who pretty much everyone has listed, though I would personally replace Orion with Majestic.

iceman24567
Iceman
Iceman
Iceman
Iceman
Iceman

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
I agree with who pretty much everyone has listed, though I would personally replace Orion with Majestic.

You don't think Orion is physically on their levels?

Galan007
He is. However, I believe Majestic is physically more powerful than Orion, and he's also quite a bit more versatile. That's why I'd pick him over Orion.

Harbinger
Probably has more to do with having a high opinion of Majestic (dude's moved planets + is a supah genius) than necessarily having a low opinion of Orion, if I had to guess.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Harbinger
Probably has more to do with having a high opinion of Majestic (dude's moved planets + is a supah genius) than necessarily having a low opinion of Orion, if I had to guess.

That's where a lot of people trip up on this forum.

Galan007
Originally posted by Harbinger
Probably has more to do with having a high opinion of Majestic (dude's moved planets + is a supah genius) than necessarily having a low opinion of Orion, if I had to guess. thumb up

*Strength: Majestic can effortlessly move planets.
*Speed: Majestic can travel FTL for weeks on end, and perceive/react on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis.
*Durability: Majestic survived an explosion that destroyed most of the earth/moon, possesses a nigh-unrivaled healing factor, and is effectively immortal/ageless.
*Intelligence: Majestic is a scientific genius of an extremely high order, is able to think at the speed of light, and can process billions of bits of information per second.
*Weaponry: The Kusar blades-- capable of cutting/blocking energy attacks. Capable of cutting Majestic himself.
*Misc abilities: Majestic has used his energy vision to reprogram the Eradicator, to alter the entire atomic structure of Jupiter(essentially transmuting it into a different planet all together), and to create a duplicate Sun from scratch.

Orion is very powerful, but I just don't believe he is quite that powerful-- which is why I'd replace him with Majestic. /shrug

Damborgson
hulk the incredible one

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4941/createcardphpc.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7936/createcardphp2w.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9463/hulkarm.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7123/createcardphp4g.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3928/hulkleg.jpg

Done big grin

JayDaDon
thumb up

CosmicComet
Majestic ain't on Orion's level.

Orion is a class 5 motherphucker.

Orion is only a class 4.

Mindset
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Orion is only a class 4. Orion is also class 3.

But Orion is class 2.

Last but not least, Orion is class 1.

BerserkersRage

Orion is only a class 4.

Orion fan boy says what?!?

WHAT??

ODG

Orion is only a class 4. Smart. thumb up Originally posted by Mindset
Orion is also class 3.

But Orion is class 2.

Last but not least, Orion is class 1. laughing out loud

CosmicComet

Maj is only a class 4.

Typo fixed for posterity

sneer

Galan007
Lets be real here, Majestic would demolish Orion.

celeyhyga17
Lets be real here, Majestic would demolish Orion.

whaaaaa? demolish as in stomp?

pshhh..

a wanna be superman does not deserve to be in the top 5. they should at least have given different hair color. bleh...

Galan007
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
whaaaaa? demolish as in stomp?

pshhh..

a wanna be superman does not deserve to be in the top 5. they should at least have given different hair color. bleh... All of his abilities taken into consideration, Maj would definitely beat Orion soundly. That's not to say I think Orion is weak(far from, in fact), but Majestic is just... Above him. Significantly above him.

CosmicComet
Yeah, in all honesty what are Orion's speed feats to say he could touch Majestic?

Actually no, phuck that noise. Orion solos.

celeyhyga17
All of his abilities taken into consideration, Maj would definitely beat Orion soundly. That's not to say I think Orion is weak(far from, in fact), but Majestic is just above him. Significantly, imo.

so basically u think Maj can take Orion about 9-10/10.. < those are stomp numbers..

nuh uh... nuh uh.. with all of Orion's abilities taken into consideration no way it's a stomp.

CosmicComet
I'd put Orion a little above bullet timing speed wise, unless I'm missing some huge speed feats.

That's not fast enough to challenge Majestic.

Batman-Prime
^Actually I would consider how they are treated when meeting people in their "tier". Majestics met Superman and it was clear as day that he considers him his equal, though we all know Supes would still beat him. On the other hand, Orion does pretty well against Superman. In a comic fight my bet would be on Orion tbh. A split seems more probable then an one sided stomp.

abhilegend
Majestic wouldn't demolish orion at all. Its debatable whether he can even take a majority and I would give orion a slight node over majestros due to astro force.

CosmicComet
^Actually I would consider how they are treated when meeting people in their "tier". Majestics met Superman and it was clear as day that he considers him his equal, though we all know Supes would still beat him. On the other hand, Orion does pretty well against Superman. In a comic fight my bet would be on Orion tbh. A split seems more probable then an one sided stomp.

No phuck that noise.

If you treat 'portrayals in fights' seriously, you'd end up with the conclusion that Batman is faster than Superman because he can avoid shots from the likes of General Eiling or Grundy whereas Superman gets tagged by them readily.

Likewise, you'd have to believe Hulk is FTL for being able to punch a nanosecond level guy like Gladiator--which would also make Colossus and Wolverine nanosecond level guys for also hitting Gladiator.

You don't get access to speed levels that you don't at least get mention of. Fights alone aren't enough, because, you know, its plot ridden.

Do you believe Orion is fast enough to rebuild an entire city in seconds by hand? No?

Then he's not in the tier of speed I am talking about.

Rage.Of.Olympus
All of his abilities taken into consideration, Maj would definitely beat Orion soundly. That's not to say I think Orion is weak(far from, in fact), but Majestic is just... Above him. Significantly above him.

Wait what?

How in the hell is Majestic going to go about beating Orion soundly? Seriously underselling the Dog of War here.

It's extremely debatable who wins the majority in a fight. Majestic might have greater speed feats but Orion is flat out more powerful and versatile if you take into account the mother box and Astro Force. And the latter is almost always a bigger factor in fights between beings of this caliber.

carver9
Who built a city in seconds?

-Pr-
Who built a city in seconds?

Don't play stupid.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Wait what?

How in the hell is Majestic going to go about beating Orion soundly? Seriously underselling the Dog of War here.

It's extremely debatable who wins the majority in a fight. Majestic might have greater speed feats but Orion is flat out more powerful and versatile if you take into account the mother box and Astro Force. And the latter is almost always a bigger factor in fights between beings of this caliber.

WHAT IN THE HELL? RAGE IS BACK. Happy Dance

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't play stupid.

Lol...I want to see cosmic answer.

CosmicComet
Like we haven't been over this at least a hundred times before, Carver.

Galan007
Anyone can answer this...

Speed feats for Orion that are on par with perceiving/reacting by the nanosecond?
Strength feats for Orion that are on par with moving planets effortlessly?
Energy feats for Orion that are comparable to transmuting the entirety of Jupiter instantly, and creating a duplicate Sun?

When I see those, I'll believe Orion can hang. Until then, yeah, Majestic would win soundly.

ODG
No phuck that noise.

If you treat 'portrayals in fights' seriously, you'd end up with the conclusion that Batman is faster than Superman because he can avoid shots from the likes of General Eiling or Grundy whereas Superman gets tagged by them readily.

Likewise, you'd have to believe Hulk is FTL for being able to punch a nanosecond level guy like Gladiator--which would also make Colossus and Wolverine nanosecond level guys for also hitting Gladiator. Since you've read these fights, you should be smarter than this. Superman knows he can take the hits and Batman knows he can't. Superman often underestimates his superbrick opponents' speed and Batman does not. And Superman almost always fights these opponents with pure power, not hit-and-run Flash tactics. This is Superman, not Flash. Originally posted by CosmicComet
You don't get access to speed levels that you don't at least get mention of. Fights alone aren't enough, because, you know, its plot ridden.

Do you believe Orion is fast enough to rebuild an entire city in seconds by hand? No?

Then he's not in the tier of speed I am talking about. Orion's fought Superman several times showing them to be physical peers. Simply dismissing them out of hand because you think they should have gone down differently doesn't change these facts. And these facts should heavily inform your opinion.

If Orion was under some blue Astroforce star amping him, maybe he would.

Then neither is Superman in an actual fight. You'll have to learn to deal with this. You can't simply ignore Superman's character established by thousands of comics.

abhilegend
Anyone can answer this...

Speed feats for Orion that are on par with perceiving/reacting by the nanosecond?
Strength feats for Orion that are on par with moving planets effortlessly?
Energy feats for Orion that are comparable to transmuting the entirety of Jupiter instantly, and creating a duplicate Sun?

When I see those, I'll believe Orion can hang. Until then, yeah, Majestic would win soundly.
He flew from new genesis to earth in a heartbeat.
He shook entire apokolips with a double hand strike. Earth can fit in a small lake on apokolips.
He was going to destroy earth while firing astro force to the moon and contained oblivion bomb which was going to destroy entire universe. This is fun.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4941/createcardphpc.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7936/createcardphp2w.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9463/hulkarm.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7123/createcardphp4g.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3928/hulkleg.jpg

Done big grin http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/Crying.gif

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
He flew from new genesis to earth in a heartbeat.
He shook entire apokolips with a double hand strike. Earth is like a small lake in comparison to apokolips.
He was going to destroy earth while firing astro force to the moon and contained oblivion bomb which was going to destroy entire universe. This is fun. Cannot be accomplished w/o a boom tube.
Shook Apokolips, eh? ZOMG!
Going to destroy earth=/=actually destroying earth. Scans of the oblivion bomb, plz. Don't remember it.
And you realize all of that is entirely irrelevant if he can't hang with Majestic's battle speed, right?

On a sidenote, is there a reason you always have to be a little prick in every thread you're in? No wonder people troll you.

Mindset
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/Crying.gif laughing out loud

carver9
Cannot be accomplished w/o a boom tube.
Going to destroy earth=/=actually destroying earth. Scans of the oblivion bomb, plz. Don't remember it.
And you realize all of that is entirely irrelevant if he can't hang with Majestic's battle speed, right?

On a sidenote, is there a reason you always have to be a little prick in every thread you're in? No wonder people troll you.

laughing out loud

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ODG
Since you've read these fights, you should be smarter than this. Superman knows he can take the hits and Batman knows he can't. Superman often underestimates his superbrick opponents' speed and Batman does not.

No. What I'm talking about is completely divergent from the idea of Superman simply taking a hit to test something or shield someone.

When we have scenes like Superman being able to charge at Eiling, while being drawn as sort of blur, yet still being hit, whilst we know Batman is absolutely not that fast at all and yet will still be able to dodge the same kind of punch, we know something wrong.

No. We have forum rules to deal with things that are divergent from what should happen. Eliminating PIS and the characters 'fighting to their best'.

Ignoring the meaning of speed feats in fights that happens in comics is due to what? That's right, a product of PIS.

Ignoring the city building feat vs supposed blue sun amp for even just a moment--since that would be getting in to another tangent--we have Superman speed feats, and then we have Orion speed feats. One person, is millions of times faster. Millions. That's far greater than the speed disparity between someone like Muhammad Ali and say George Chuvalo. And the thing is, Orion isn't even hinted to at least be on the same sort of speed level as Superman, even if he had a clear cut statement, it may suffice. But he doesn't.

You don't get to ignore the meaning of something like that in a forum fight where we aren't writing stories, 'just because'. An argument such as this is simply a matter of sentiment. It doesn't 'feel right' to say Gladiator would annihilate Hulk since he's millions of times faster by feats--but I don't deal in sentiment. I deal in what is derivable objectively.

Of course you would make this sort of argument. Because it would give you the sort of leeway to actually argue for characters who have absolutely shit speed feats in the grand scheme of things vs those who have great ones. Otherwise those kinds of fights become completely obsolete. But it doesn't gel, and when inspected for consistency, the logic falls apart.

We know, for example, that Hulk is a guy that Peter Parker is fast enough to readily dodge. Indeed, Parker has even remarked that Hulk moves in 'slow motion' to him. How do you then justify Hulk being able to hit someone like Gladiator in a forum fight then, if Gladiator is fighting 'to his best'? You can't. Period. All that remains to be said is the whole 'in-character in play' argument, though the problems of this being obvious in that this would require you to believe that its 'in character' for someone like Gladiator to be retarded (seeing as you'd have to be to stand in place and let someone who's taking minutes to simply blink, land a blow on you), as well as the fact that Gladiator was 'in-character' when he performed his speed feats (obviously he wasn't pretending to be someone else). So sure, one can still make the argument that Hulk would beat someone like Gladiator if 'gladiator doesn't use his speed', but, what if he does? Then what? What's Hulk's answer? Nothing. Absolutely, nothing. The entire argument against the far faster character relies on it 'not feeling right' to say he could easily beat the far slower character without the latter being able to do anything about it, and the 'in-character' argument then just admits that the only way the faster character can win is not through their own merits, but the actions of the faster character--admitting that their fate is entirely in the faster character's hands.

Suck it up. They 'fight to their best' afterall. None of the sentimental begging holds water thus.

edit: It's funny, though, you tried to make people argue for Superman being able to easily beat the likes of Lobo and other bricks within their own universe since they have no speed feats on par and rely only on fights to show any sort of relative stature with him, and now when I actually argue within this sort of stance you're like 'no you can't say that'. So basically, it boils down to you wanting some excuse to say Hulk can beat someone millions of times faster than them, and try to take some casuality down on the 'other side' when they don't argue in favor of it. And yet when the argument actually agrees with your attempt to take some casualities, all of a sudden it still doesn't work. Lol. I like Orion very much. Just as I like Lobo And it is indeed a 'casuality' for me to say they would lose to Superman in a forum thread since they don't have the speed feats, or even implied speed to compete with him. But, c'est la vie.

celeyhyga17
Scans of the oblivion bomb, plz. Don't remember it.

http://imageshack.us/f/98/jkfw0505.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/835/jkfw0506.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/20/jkfw0511.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/143/jkfw0512.jpg/

He just stopped the oblivion bomb("capable of destroying the universe"wink and shortly after blitzes an armada of ships like nothing happened.
http://imageshack.us/f/706/jkfw0516.jpg/

Galan007
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
http://imageshack.us/f/98/jkfw0505.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/835/jkfw0506.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/20/jkfw0511.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/143/jkfw0512.jpg/

He just stopped the oblivion bomb("capable of destroying the universe"wink and shortly after blitzes an armada of ships like nothing happened.
http://imageshack.us/f/706/jkfw0516.jpg/ Very cool thumb up. The art looks like it's from JK's 4th World... I'll have to read that series again sometime. Been forever.

Anyway, it seems like Orion was able to stop the bomb because the Astro Force is comprised of the exact opposite energies of the Oblivion Bomb-- thus he was able to cancel it out. However, I'm not quite sure how that'd help him against Majestic..?

celeyhyga17
Very cool thumb up. The art looks like it's from JK's 4th World... I'll have to read that series again sometime. Been forever.

Anyway, it seems like Orion was able to stop the bomb because the Astro Force is comprised of the exact opposite energies of the Oblivion Bomb-- thus he was able to cancel it out. However, I'm not quite sure how that'd help him against Majestic..?

simple..
that the Astro Force is really really powerful!! duuuhh...
big grin

abhilegend
Cannot be accomplished w/o a boom tube.

He did
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/ng_16_p04.jpg

Yep, this is the size of apokolips
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/0001001.jpg

Batman, superman and steel confirmed that if orion would destroy earth in minutes. There were already earthquakes all around the globe.

Why not?

I'm not being a prick at all. I don't care about somebody wasting his time to troll me.

ODG
No. What I'm talking about is completely divergent from the idea of Superman simply taking a hit to test something or shield someone.

When we have scenes like Superman being able to charge at Eiling, while being drawn as sort of blur, yet still being hit, whilst we know Batman is absolutely not that fast at all and yet will still be able to dodge the same kind of punch, we know something wrong.
Admitting that you're forcing the exclusion of completely sensible explanations serves your argument how?

Superman flying a straight line tackle can be batted down by superbricks... not shocking. Your bald-faced assumption that General Eiling was fighting Batman as hard as he was fighting Superman such that the punches he throws are exactly the same... also not shocking. Originally posted by CosmicComet
No. We have forum rules to deal with things that are divergent from what should happen. Eliminating PIS and the characters 'fighting to their best'.

Ignoring the meaning of speed feats in fights that happens in comics is due to what? That's right, a product of PIS. Stop conflating CIS with PIS. Stop inventing feats and fighting styles. Stop pretending you can translate superspeed watching Flash eat pie as proof that Superman can throw 1,000,000,0000 punches in a second. If you just do three simple, rational things, you'd have far less issues. Originally posted by CosmicComet
Ignoring the city building feat vs supposed blue sun amp for even just a moment--since that would be getting in to another tangent--we have Superman speed feats, and then we have Orion speed feats. One person, is millions of times faster. Millions. That's far greater than the speed disparity between someone like Muhammad Ali and say George Chuvalo. And the thing is, Orion isn't even hinted to at least be on the same sort of speed level as Superman, even if he had a clear cut statement, it may suffice. But he doesn't.

You don't get to ignore the meaning of something like that in a forum fight where we aren't writing stories, 'just because'. An argument such as this is simply a matter of sentiment. It doesn't 'feel right' to say Gladiator would annihilate Hulk since he's millions of times faster by feats--but I don't deal in sentiment. I deal in what is derivable objectively.

Of course you would make this sort of argument. Because it would give you the sort of leeway to actually argue for characters who have absolutely shit speed feats in the grand scheme of things vs those who have great ones. Otherwise those kinds of fights become completely obsolete. But it doesn't gel, and when inspected for consistency, the logic falls apart. This has nothing to do with writer or poster sentimentality. Stop pretending that superspeed talking leads to superspeed blitzing.

You don't get to ignore the thousands of comics where Superman doesn't throw 1,000,000,000 punches in a second, let alone 1,000s at an opponent. Just like Thor fanboys don't get to ignore Thor not BFR'ing every single god damn opponent he faces in his comics. The important distinction: at least Thor's actually performed that numerous times against opponents.

This isn't an argument, it's a statement of unextraordinary and undeniable fact. Superman does not go around blitzing people at nanosecond speeds. Your hamfisted appeal for consistency doesn't even have a basis to begin with. Originally posted by CosmicComet
We know, for example, that Hulk is a guy that Peter Parker is fast enough to readily dodge. Indeed, Parker has even remarked that Hulk moves in 'slow motion' to him. Read a god damn Hulk vs Spider-Man fight and let me know just how much trouble Hulk has trying to tag or grab Spider-Man. Here, I'll spoonfeed you:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSpiderman04ASMAnnual3.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Stats/SavageHulkAgility17ASM120.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSpiderman19MarvelTeam-Up27.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Stats/SavageHulkAgility27PeterParkerSpiderman14.jpg Originally posted by CosmicComet
How do you then justify Hulk being able to hit someone like Gladiator in a forum fight then, if Gladiator is fighting 'to his best'? You can't. Period. All that remains to be said is the whole 'in-character in play' argument, though the problems of this being obvious in that this would require you to believe that its 'in character' for someone like Gladiator to be retarded (seeing as you'd have to be to stand in place and let someone who's taking minutes to simply blink, land a blow on you), as well as the fact that Gladiator was 'in-character' when he performed his speed feats (obviously he wasn't pretending to be someone else). So sure, one can still make the argument that Hulk would beat someone like Gladiator if 'gladiator doesn't use his speed', but, what if he does? Then what? What's Hulk's answer? Nothing. Absolutely, nothing. The entire argument against the far faster character relies on it 'not feeling right' to say he could easily beat the far slower character without the latter being able to do anything about it.

Suck it up. They 'fight to their best' afterall. None of the sentimental begging holds water thus. Because we've seen Gladiator fighting at his best on-panel. And Gladiator doesn't buzz around like the Flash when fighting an enormously strong opponent that manages to surprise him with his own speed and is already on top of him like white on rice.

So deal with it. Your entire conception of comic characters fighting at their best isn't just wholly disconnected from characters fighting at their best on-panel, sometimes it's completely contradictory. You can try to deny that these characters have never fought at their best on-panel (a retarded proposition), and that these imaginary non-feats of fighting styles and fighting feats serve as some objective basis for your opinion (a retarded sentiment), but you're simply stuck in your own deluded world.

You want to rage against how comics portray characters, rage all you want. Stop pretending like your objectively deconstructing some double standard here. All you're doing is revealing your own arbitrary predilections.

"Id"
Silver Surfer
Thor
Shaman X-Man
Mr. Majestic w/Creation Blades
Professor Zoom

Mindset
Originally posted by "Id"

Shaman X-Man
Cable > Nate

Fanboy

abhilegend
Superman obviously can't punch in nanoseconds, can he?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_supermanfemto.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_supermanfemto3.jpg

Mindset
Superman obviously can't punch in nanoseconds, can he?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_supermanfemto.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_supermanfemto3.jpg I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Galan007
He did
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/ng_16_p04.jpg Dude, the comic this is from is 40+ years old. To accept the notion that Orion can simply 'fly' from New Genesis to earth, you'd have to ignore continuity that has been established dozens upon dozens of times since then... ie. you NEED a boom tube to get from the 4th World to the 3rd dimension, because, well, they are an entire dimension apart. :-/

Yep, this is the size of apokolips Motherbox scales beings down when they enter the 3rd dimension, and scales them up when they enter the 4th World:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13077671_0.jpg

Other than Orion flat-out telling/showing us this in NG #10, it was blatantly shown during OWAW, when Apokolips itself was boom tubed near earth. As you can see, Apokolips was roughly the size of a moon in comparison to the earth:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/13077668_1.jpg

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/13077669_2.jpg

So while Apokolips might be bigger than earth from a dimension away, it is, proportionally speaking, the size of a moon next to earth. Thus, Orion 'shaking' it is, proportionally speaking, no different than 'shaking' a moon... Which really isn't a big deal to elite heralds.

Why not? Because no attack matters if Maj blitzes him before he has a chance to react.

PillarofOsiris
Superman
Orion
Silver Surfer
Thor
Captain Marvel

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
I can't tell if you're serious or not. Shut up Superman would never lie you filthy neo nazi

ODG
I can't tell if you're serious or not. Let me guess, since there's this assumption that Superman actually reacted within a femtosecond (but failed), we're now supposed to believe that Sensor Girl is a speedster that rivals the Flash??????????

I also can't tell if serious or not. And frankly, my dear, I just don't give a damn.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Shut up Superman would never lie you filthy neo nazi You say neo nazi like it's a bad thing.

Reported for racism.

iceman24567
You say neo nazi like it's a bad thing.

Reported for racism.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/HellNaw.gif

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ODG
Admitting that you're forcing the exclusion of completely sensible explanations serves your argument how?

Superman flying a straight line tackle can be batted down by superbricks... not shocking. Your bald-faced assumption that General Eiling was fighting Batman as hard as he was fighting Superman such that the punches he throws are exactly the same... also not shocking. Stop conflating CIS with PIS. Stop inventing feats and fighting styles. Stop pretending you can translate superspeed watching Flash eat pie as proof that Superman can throw 1,000,000,0000 punches in a second. If you just do three simple, rational things, you'd have far less issues. This has nothing to do with writer or poster sentimentality. Stop pretending that superspeed talking leads to superspeed blitzing.

You don't get to ignore the thousands of comics where Superman doesn't throw 1,000,000,000 punches in a second, let alone 1,000s at an opponent. Just like Thor fanboys don't get to ignore Thor not BFR'ing every single god damn opponent he faces in his comics. The important distinction: at least Thor's actually performed that numerous times against opponents.

This isn't an argument, it's a statement of unextraordinary and undeniable fact. Superman does not go around blitzing people at nanosecond speeds. Your hamfisted appeal for consistency doesn't even have a basis to begin with. Read a god damn Hulk vs Spider-Man fight and let me know just how much trouble Hulk has trying to tag or grab Spider-Man. Here, I'll spoonfeed you:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSpiderman04ASMAnnual3.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Stats/SavageHulkAgility17ASM120.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsSpiderman19MarvelTeam-Up27.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Stats/SavageHulkAgility27PeterParkerSpiderman14.jpg Because we've seen Gladiator fighting at his best on-panel. And Gladiator doesn't buzz around like the Flash when fighting an enormously strong opponent that manages to surprise him with his own speed and is already on top of him like white on rice.

So deal with it. Your entire conception of comic characters fighting at their best isn't just wholly disconnected from characters fighting at their best on-panel, sometimes it's completely contradictory. You can try to deny that these characters have never fought at their best on-panel (a retarded proposition), and that these imaginary non-feats of fighting styles and fighting feats serve as some objective basis for your opinion (a retarded sentiment), but you're simply stuck in your own deluded world.

You want to rage against how comics portray characters, rage all you want. Stop pretending like your objectively deconstructing some double standard here. All you're doing is revealing your own arbitrary predilections.

You do not wish to engage this any further. We both know that, yes?

As already demonstrated here, where you've taken to attempting the extremely lazy ODG usual, 'catch-all' means of categorizing things as 'obviously stupid' or 'unrational' or what have you, and then when pressed, will bring absolutely nothing back?

Lest we forget the previous thread in which you found yourself with no foothold and proceeded to retreat with half-hearted barking to seal some sort of dignified exit.

Seriously, this post was extremely abrupt, lacking in even remedial level of logic and insight, and full of holes. I'll respond to you. Very soon. But for now, I have work in the morning. Rest knowing that this post was extremely, extremely shitty. thumb up

ODG
You do not wish to engage this any further. We both know that, yes?

As already demonstrated here, where you've taken to attempting the extremely lazy ODG usual, 'catch-all' means of categorizing things as 'obviously stupid' or 'unrational' or what have you, and then when pressed, will bring absolutely nothing back?

Lest we forget the previous thread in which you found yourself with no foothold and proceeded to retreat with half-hearted barking to seal some sort of dignified exit.

Seriously, this post was extremely abrupt, lacking in even remedial level of logic and insight, and full of holes. I'll respond to you. Very soon. But for now, I have work in the morning. Rest knowing that this post was extremely, extremely shitty. thumb up Do I strike you as being averse to debate?

I don't see how the shoe's on the other foot here. We've got you in your corner shredding comics in tears over how Superman doesn't beat the crap out of 1,000 Thor-level beings in a millisecond and me simply reading the comics for what they are: something completely and utterly different than what you think they ought to be.

I've forgotten more threads than you've participated in. That includes whatever random thread you're alluding to.

Oh well, you obviously win this argument by threatening to make some awesome post in the future. Gosh, you're good at this. So good you deserve two thumbs up your a$$. thumb up thumb up

iceman24567
lol the egos we have on this forums would put Kayne West to shame

Mindset
Lmao at CC's impending earth shattering post.

Mindset
Seriously, that's some Brucey level shit right there.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ODG
Do I strike you as being averse to debate?

I don't see how the shoe's on the other foot here. We've got you in your corner shredding comics in tears over how Superman doesn't beat the crap out of 1,000 Thor-level beings in a millisecond and me simply reading the comics for what they are: something completely and utterly different than what you think they ought to be.

I've forgotten more threads than you've participated in. That includes whatever random thread you're alluding to.

Oh well, you obviously win this argument by threatening to make some awesome post in the future. Gosh, you're good at this. So good you deserve two thumbs up your a$$. thumb up thumb up

You are so cute when you attempt to feign some air of dignity. But yes, you strike me as averse to debate when faced with a post that has you gone from a thread for over a week, and then when returning to it provide nothing more than a quip that is summarized as 'lol dat post is too long for me and u r da stupidz lolz'. You aren't particularly bright, nor is your resolve particularly strong, despite the reputation you seem to have cultivated for yourself here.

Who is this 'we' that has me in a corner? I don't blame you for thinking you have something, when you don't seem to frequent the forum very much anymore, but no one has ever cornered me in regards to the speed topic. Ever. You, as well as everyone else, has backed away.

Regardless, we also both know which thread we're speaking of. (again, it's very cute how you attempt to make yourself believe you forgot). A certain Hulk vs Superman thread a few months back where you found yourself repeating the refrain of 'hypocrisy' or 'this is retarded', despite adhering to your exact laid mechanics of what would not be hypocrisy, as well as being unable to back up why something is 'obviously retarded' when given the floor and challenged to do so.

abhilegend
I can't tell if you're serious or not.
That's obviously not the first punch thrown as there is some time lapse between both panels.

CosmicComet
Also, again;

edit: It's funny, though, you tried to make people argue for Superman being able to easily beat the likes of Lobo and other bricks within their own universe since they have no speed feats on par and rely only on fights to show any sort of relative stature with him, and now when I actually argue within this sort of stance you're like 'no you can't say that'. So basically, it boils down to you wanting some excuse to say Hulk can beat someone millions of times faster than him, and try to take some casualty down on the 'other side' when they don't argue in favor of it. And yet when the argument actually agrees with your attempt to take some casualties, all of a sudden it still doesn't work. Lol. I like Orion very much. Just as I like Lobo And it is indeed a 'casualty' for me to say they would lose to Superman in a forum thread since they don't have the speed feats, or even implied speed to compete with him. But, c'est la vie.

Mindset
That's obviously not the first punch thrown as there is some time lapse between both panels. Show the first punch thrown.

-Pr-
It's not a femto-second feat. Still very fast though.

ODG
You are so cute when you attempt to feign some air of dignity. But yes, you strike me as averse to debate when faced with a post that has you gone from a thread for over a week, and then when returning to it provide nothing more than a quip that is summarized as 'lol dat post is too long for me and u r da stupidz lolz'. You aren't particularly bright, nor are is your resolve particularly strong, despite the reputation you seem to have cultivated for yourself here.

Who is this 'we' that has me in a corner? I don't blame you for thinking you have something, when you don't seem to frequent the forum very much anymore, but no one has ever cornered me in regards to the speed topic. Ever. You, as well as everyone else, has backed away. There's nothing dignified about making someone look like an idiot on the internet. It's simply my God given right, like everybody else's. Lol at your schpeal concerning this random thread. Am I supposed to assume that since this is how your perception works, every single thread where you simply walked away from a conversation was an indictment of "not being bright" or "not strong resolve" or "internet reputationz"?

Actually, I'm not scared of you right now. I'm literally sh1tting my pants over your future post. The one that threatens to break me. I might change my name and avatar just to hide from you. Originally posted by CosmicComet
Regardless, we also both know which thread we're speaking of. (again, it's very cute how you attempt to make yourself believe you forgot). A certain Hulk vs Superman thread a few months back where you found yourself repeating the refrain of 'hypocrisy' or 'this is retarded', despite adhering to your exact laid mechanics of what would not be hypocrisy, as well as being unable to back up why something is 'obviously retarded' when given the floor and challenged to do so. LOL! Let's revive that thread. The one where you wanted to battlezone me on how flight assists Superman's strength feats, right? The one where WBH isn't strong because he actually more uses energy projection? I thought you refused to bz me. But, I must have been wrong. Apparently, I was "given the floor and challenged."

abhilegend
Dude, the comic this is from is 40+ years old. To accept the notion that Orion can simply 'fly' from New Genesis to earth, you'd have to ignore continuity that has been established dozens upon dozens of times since then... ie. you NEED a boom tube to get from the 4th World to the 3rd dimension, because, well, they are an entire dimension apart. :-/ Dude, new gods didn't got rebooted by COIE so any objection that its OLD is invalid. That's not entirely true, matrix supergirl went to apokolips without a boom tube and in some depictions they are in the same universe
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/GreenLanternv380-PageGiant3pg58.jpg
Again, the heroes were scaled up when the comparison was made between earth and apokolips and the comparison specified that earth would fill in a lake on apokolips, not that unscaled earth would fill in a lake on apokolips. In the same artist drew pluto (warworld) to look around the same size as earth. So pluto is now earth-sized, eh?

Not gonna happen. This isn't CBR.

ODG
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's not a femto-second feat. Still very fast though. If anything, that's a speed feat for Sensor Girl... who is a character that has no superspeed. You should be able to tell where I'm going with this.

abhilegend
Show the first punch thrown.
Off panel.

Mindset
Off panel he didn't punch.

abhilegend
Off panel he didn't punch.
Yeah, sure.

Mindset
thumb up

"Id"
Cable > Nate

Son.

Shaman X-Man > Jebus Cable.

Mindset
Hilarious.

Cable will rip Nate's head off.

"Id"
Hilarious.

Cable will rip Nate's head off.
Son.

Shaman X-Man came back from being discorporate state.

psycho gundam
lol the egos we have on this forums would put Kayne West to shame this is the only reason i cum here

Batman-Prime
lol the egos we have on this forums would put Kayne West to shame

laughing You can see their e-penises swell with each verbal aberration they smite at you.

Nibedicus
I gotta say, galan007 made a very compelling argument about the whole Apokolips size thing. Abhi made some good points, but you countered quite nicely.

Good job. thumb up

If this was a BZ between you and abhi, you'd get my vote. :-)

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
If anything, that's a speed feat for Sensor Girl... who is a character that has no superspeed. You should be able to tell where I'm going with this.

When do I not?

this is the only reason i cum here

Well could you at least clean up after yourself? Getting it out of the carpets is hell for Badabing.

leonidas
ss/thor/superman are givens. the last 2 seem to come down to personal preference, i think i would take......hal and probably cap marvel.

celeyhyga17
Im about to make a "top ten heralds"

pym-ftw
Thank you for first calling me a pu$$y in your thread then coming to my thread in order to gain more views shifty

Your like some sort of jaded new restaurant with your five more flavors, and your slander of the competition.
What the f**k?

Galan007
Dude, new gods didn't got rebooted by COIE so any objection that its OLD is invalid. That's not entirely true, matrix supergirl went to apokolips without a boom tube and in some depictions they are in the same universe
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/GreenLanternv380-PageGiant3pg58.jpg Are you seriously trying to argue that the 4th World is in the same universe as the mainstream DCU? That is... The dumbest thing I've ever heard. Is it really that hard for you to admit when you're incorrect?

And btw, the New Gods weren't affected by COIE because the 4th World is removed from the prime continuum. 2+2=?, much

Again, the heroes were scaled up when the comparison was made between earth and apokolips and the comparison specified that earth would fill in a lake on apokolips, not that unscaled earth would fill in a lake on apokolips. In the same artist drew pluto (warworld) to look around the same size as earth. So pluto is now earth-sized, eh? Sorry, but we saw a DIRECT comparison between Apokolips and earth, when they were both the same scale-- and Apok was the size of a small moon in comparison to earth.

Your decades-old scan(s) is/are no longer valid. The most recent info=the most canon.

Not gonna happen. This isn't CBR. It's in character for Majestic to use his speed advantage in battle, so yeah, it WOULD happen.

Dampyre
Thor
Silver Surfer
Superman
Hulk
Orion

the Darkone
Marvel Top 5

Thor
Silver Surfer
Nova Prime
Beta Ray Bill
Hulk

Dc Top 5

Superman
Orion
Mr Majestic
Captain Marvel
Captain Atom

Golgo13
Top Heralds for DC:
Weird
Alan Scortt
Orion
Waverider
Captain Atom

psycho gundam
^ lol, you didn't even attempt a marvel list

oh yeah, the obligatory smilie love

Mindset

oh yeah, the obligatory smilie love thumb up

Golgo13

oh yeah, the obligatory smilie love

Thor
Surfer
Strange
Sersi
Bill

Golgo13
We should place Adam Warlock on the list, eh?

the Darkone
Orion can take on any top 5 from Marvel or Dc

the Darkone
Originally posted by Golgo13
We should place Adam Warlock on the list, eh?

Classic Adam Warlock in top 10

iceman24567
Originally posted by the Darkone
Orion can take on any top 5 from Marvel or Dc Except Iceman of course

carver9
Are you seriously trying to argue that the 4th World is in the same universe as the mainstream DCU? That is... The dumbest thing I've ever heard. Is it really that hard for you to admit when you're incorrect?

And btw, the New Gods weren't affected by COIE because the 4th World is removed from the prime continuum. 2+2=?, much

Sorry, but we saw a DIRECT comparison between Apokolips and earth, when they were both the same scale-- and Apok was the size of a small moon in comparison to earth.

Your decades-old scan(s) is/are no longer valid. The most recent info=the most canon.

It's in character for Majestic to use his speed advantage in battle, so yeah, it WOULD happen.

Lol...poor abhi. Leave him alone Galan.

DarkSaint85

Your like some sort of jaded new restaurant with your five more flavors, and your slander of the competition.
What the f**k?

Judging from this, you're rival Chinese takeaways, right?

abhilegend
Are you seriously trying to argue that the 4th World is in the same universe as the mainstream DCU? No. I'm surprised. Not at all. I've conceded several times. Here though its not that case.

Your point would be? Their histories are intact.

How about some other renditions where apokolips was either at the same size or even bigger than earth?
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/ManOfSteel117pg09.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/WonderWomanv2173pg01.jpg

Seriously, discarding a direct comparison with artistic renditions? You are better than bran.
Three decades. Hardly that long. Nope. Good try though.

No, it isn't. Its in his character to make machines which takes several hundreds of seconds though. Feel free to list all those characters majestic has blitzed.

Nibedicus
First scan looks like perspective and the second one looks like it was due to some sort of artistic symbolism (isn't the other one Warworld?).

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nibedicus
First scan looks like perspective and the second one looks like it was due to some sort of artistic symbolism (isn't the other one Warworld?).
Yeah, pluto about is the same size as earth, didn't you know?

abhilegend
I forgot this one
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/ActionComics782pg01.jpg

So a scaled down apokolips is moon sized, equal sized and bigger than earth simultaneously. Ah, the wonders of artistic interpretations.

Golgo13
No. I'm surprised. Not at all. I've conceded several times. Here though its not that case.

Your point would be? Their histories are intact.

How about some other renditions where apokolips was either at the same size or even bigger than earth?
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/WonderWomanv2173pg01.jpg

Seriously, discarding a direct comparison with artistic renditions? You are better than bran.
Three decades. Hardly that long. Nope. Good try though.

No, it isn't. Its in his character to make machines which takes several hundreds of seconds though. Feel free to list all those characters majestic has blitzed.

Were those ancient beings in the pics above ever shown again?

Nibedicus
Yeah, pluto about is the same size as earth, didn't you know?

Sarcasm? :P

Don't know what you're getting at, tho. Pls explain.

abhilegend
Sarcasm? :P

Don't know what you're getting at, tho. Pls explain.
Measuring size from art is stupid?

Nibedicus
Measuring size from art is stupid?

I didn't do that, tho, u did.

Also, I'd say that would depend on the situation.

abhilegend
I didn't do that, tho, u did.

Also, I'd say that would depend on the situation.
Galan did it first. Not when a direct comparison has been made.

Nibedicus
Galan did it first. Not when a direct comparison has been made.

Well, like I said, depends on the situation. But that's just IMO. But instances of perspective (when it's obvious that perspective occurred) and artistic symbolism would def be some of the moments wherein it would be silly to use as direct measurements.

But there ARE instances where size is very indicative in art. Not here to debate the fact as I'm enjoying just reading about it. I just happen to agree with Galan's position on the size but I agree with you on Orion's position in terms of power (I also happen to think he would take a good number of wins from Majestic due to his implied power levels).

Galan007
Your point would be? Their histories are intact. The point is that in existing continuity, a character cannot simply 'fly' from the 4th world to the 3rd dimension without some sort of aid(ie. boom tubes).... Because they are in completely different dimensions.

And just so you don't try to argue this dead horse any longer, here's scans which flat-out state the Apokolips is in a different universe/dimension than earth, and only accessible via boom tube:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13094993_1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13094998_2.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/WonderWomanv2173pg01.jpg You can't be serious.

First scan: Apokolips/Warworld are CLEARLY in the foreground, while Earth is CLEARLY in the background. Why? Because Apokolips was intended to be closer to the reader, while Earth was intended to be farther away. If you have any additional questions regarding this subject, I suggest Googling "depth perception", and/or "depth of field." I honestly should not have to be explaining such simple concepts to an alleged 'comic book fan.' :-/

Second scan: Symbolism, plain and simple... Unless you think that Pluto(which is the 'planet/moon' Warworld was converted from) is the same size as Earth..? :-/

That said, the above illustrations are not, in any way/shape/form, comparable to this scene:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13094931_3.jpg

As you can see, Apokolips and Earth are in the same general space, and we can CLEARLY see that Earth is VASTLY larger. End of story.

That is likely why ALL of Apokolips was visible over Metropolis:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13095042_4.jpg

Conversely, Mageddon, which actually WAS larger than Earth, could not be viewed in its totality when it moved close to Earth, because, well, it was simply too big:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13095043_5.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13095044_6.jpg

To break it down even simpler for you: Apokolips was smaller than Earth, so they were able to see the whole planet from Earth. Mageddon was larger than Earth, so they were only able to see part of it from Earth. Easy, right?

Three decades. Hardly that long. Nope. Good try though. It should be discarded because more recent evidence depicts Apokolips as Moon-esque in comparison to Earth, when they are both the same scale. Again: the most recent info=most canon, so Orion 'shaking' Apokolips really dosn't impress me.

No, it isn't. Its in his character to make machines which takes several hundreds of seconds though. Feel free to list all those characters majestic has blitzed. The only blitz that matters is his battle with an amped Spartan, in which he perceived/reacted to Spartan's movements on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_m_speed7.jpg

Please post scans of Orion battling with that type of speed, or I will take it as your concession that he simple ISN'T that fast. Stop dodging.

Branlor Swift
You're going nowhere Galan. That very old statement will disprove anything you can bring up.

Also, it's been mistaken for a moon twice...
http://i48.tinypic.com/o8fpm8.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zn0vip.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/34owwli.jpg

And a side by side of the planets:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/ActionComics782pg21.jpg

Apokolips beings used to only take up the planetary space of earth... in the same arc as the "omg it big" scan
http://i50.tinypic.com/30mtlr4.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/dmb712.jpg

With that said, there's no proof Earth isn't hundreds of times smaller than Apokolips.

psycho gundam
^ the best part is how this parlays into the other thread with superman/the hunger

Branlor Swift
^ the best part is how this parlays into the other thread with superman/the hunger I'm just pulling up scans from that thread where Abhi ignored my post, reported me, and said he "won".

Galan007
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
You're going nowhere Galan. That very old statement will disprove anything you can bring up.

Also, it's been mistaken for a moon twice...
http://i48.tinypic.com/o8fpm8.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zn0vip.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/34owwli.jpg

And a side by side of the planets:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/ActionComics782pg21.jpg

Apokolips beings used to only take up the planetary space of earth... in the same arc as the "omg it big" scan
http://i50.tinypic.com/30mtlr4.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/dmb712.jpg

With that said, there's no proof Earth isn't hundreds of times smaller than Apokolips. Lol, I thought about trying to find some more proof like this. Thanks. thumb up

...Though I doubt it will matter to him, because he has a single 30-40 year old cropped scan that is half-assly in his favor. Phuck the multiple scans we've posted.

*wonders how he will work Superman into this side of the argument..?*

Branlor Swift
Lol, I thought about trying to find some more proof like this. Thanks. thumb up

...Though I doubt it will matter to him, because he has a single 30-40 year old cropped scan that is half-assly in his favor. Phuck the multiple scans we've posted.

*wonders how he will work Superman into this side of the argument..?* Pretty much. His 30 year old scan (singular) is worth more proof than scans (plural) from this decade.

You were doomed from the start.

Superman survived two planets smashing together that were both thousands of times bigger tha Earth, duh!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>