Link vs Luffy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AuraAngel
The Strawhat Crew from the anime One Pieceland near Hyrule and a scouting party goes ahead(Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Franky) to check out the area. Along the way they run into the title main character of the LoZ games, Link. Link doesn't trust them so he draws his Master Sword on them. Luffy, excited to fight someone strong, jumps into fight him(much to the annoyance of Zoro, who usually fights the swordsmen).

Round 1: Battle takes place in the field outside Hyrule in OoT. This is Post-time skip Luffy vs the strongest incarnation of Link(and I'll say it right now: None of this Omnipotent triforce buisness. If Link to the Past Link is the strongest, fine. But he can't just use the Triforce to wish them away or something. I'm banning the complete Triforce's wishing capabilities). This is a fight to...well not the death. I'll explain it with...

Round 2: Regardless of who wins round one, both parties will retreat(if Luffy wins, the crew leave for lunch, and if Link wins they bid a tactical retreat) where they both get to heal up. Link, whichever version is the strongest, decides to break out the Four Sword(Yeah I'm giving it to him just so there will be 4 of the Strongest version). Luffy and the others will return and this time it's a 4 on 4 battle that.

CIS is on, I'm giving whichever Link is chosen feats from the SSB Games for kicks, the Straw Hats get anime feats unless they contradict the manga, and standard rules apply. Who wins!? The Hero of Time or the Future Pirate King!?

Nephthys
1. Luffy beats him to death

2. Luffy solos with a goma goma no gatling gun.

The Scenario
Oh, here we go.

MooCowofJustice
The rubber douche? The ****, man. no expression

BloodRain
The OP side are stronger, faster, have better range and got a few special moves just in case.

The only way Link('s) can stand a chance is if t)he(y had those lightning reactions backed with some decent hax.

T-Wrecks
This would be such a curb stomp for Luffy that it's not even funny. Hell, this would be easy even for Pre-time skip Luffy, but Post-time skip would win this fight in like one punch.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/117476/2545300-5.png

ScreamPaste
Do I get to point out obvious power scaling from SS? stick out tongue

Also, stop picking opponents I don't know much about. >:C

Edit: Wait, are you saying I get to use Link with the full triforce, he just can't use the wishing capability? no expression How strong is Luffy that this could be a good idea? mmm

Nephthys
Luffy is fast enough to casually dodge a laser and call it slow and strong enough for punch someone with a 700 ton solid gold ball fused to his arm and punch through several meters of bedrock, collapse several builds and create a small earthquake.

All without using his power-boosts which make him stronger and faster. no expression

That's all you need to know.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nephthys
Luffy is fast enough to casually dodge a laser and call it slow and strong enough for punch someone with a 700 ton solid gold ball fused to his arm and punch through several meters of bedrock, collapse several builds and create a small earthquake.

All without using his power-boosts which make him stronger and faster. no expression

That's all you need to know. Which is impressive. mmm Pretty cool. Was that all the same punch?

Also, if what I understand here is right, Aura is letting Link have the triforce. Sooo yeah. If this interpretation is right, then that is all I need to know.

T-Wrecks
All you need to know is that Luffy only needs 1 second to dart over to Link and punch him in the face so hard that his head explodes all before Link can open his mute mouth.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by T-Wrecks
All you need to know is that Luffy only needs 1 second to dart over to Link and punch him in the face so hard that his head explodes all before Link can open his mute mouth. I'm afraid that, no, until I know whether Link has the full triforce, that's not certain at all. If Link does the argument could be made said punch wouldn't achieve anything.

Each piece of the triforce is shown to be very powerful on it's own. Granting levels of power, speed, durability, magical capability, magical defense, ect.

The ToC and ToP together alone would probably make Link close to or fully invulnerable from Luffy's attacks. Throwing in the ToW completes the whole deal and, well, yeah.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Which is impressive. mmm Pretty cool. Was that all the same punch?

Also, if what I understand here is right, Aura is letting Link have the triforce. Sooo yeah. If this interpretation is right, then that is all I need to know.

No. The punch where he had a gold ball attached to his arm was later. Also when he punched through the bedrock it was a series of punches that did it. Although it looks like that last one did alot of work

I'm pretty sure he's banned the Triforce. Theres no point if Link is invincible or elevated to a god or whatever.

ScreamPaste
No. The punch where he had a gold ball attached to his arm was later. Also when he punched through the bedrock it was a series of punches that did it. Although it looks like that last one did alot of work

I'm pretty sure he's banned the Triforce. Theres no point if Link is invincible or elevated to a god or whatever.

Banning its' wishing capabilities, but it sounds like Link can still have it. mmm

Anyway, will peruse feats and see if an argument can be made for non-godlike-Link as well. Thanks for links.

T-Wrecks
Seriously, unless we are talking about cheap Deus Ex Machina Triforce god powers, it doesn't matter which part of the Triforce Link has unless it makes him invulnerable, in which case this thread is pointless. Even if Link can shoot triforce death beams, Luffy is inhumanly fast and Link isn't. Literally all Luffy needs is one second to lay link out.

Nephthys
Seriously. Any incarnation of Link eats one of these in the first few seconds and doesn't get up again:

aI9eOA-mzZg

ScreamPaste
Seriously, unless we are talking about cheap Deus Ex Machina Triforce god powers, it doesn't matter which part of the Triforce Link has unless it makes him invulnerable, in which case this thread is pointless. Even if Link can shoot triforce death beams, Luffy is inhumanly fast and Link isn't. Literally all Luffy needs is one second to lay link out. Some of the things the ToP alone can do are very impressive, honestly. Matching it with the ToC and ToW would be er. Stronk.

Also, most Links have feats that display very good combat speed and reaction time.

Seriously. Any incarnation of Link eats one of these in the first few seconds and doesn't get up again:

aI9eOA-mzZg

That clip I'd actually seen before. Luffy's fast obviously, and capable of a lot of damage over many strikes as shown there, but lets be honest that's not current Luffy, what you told me is more impressive than that. mmm And Link would get up after one of those. At first those punches weren't even moving his enemy back, and it took a lot of them to really damage the stone wall behind him.

Anyway, we need Aura in here.

Nephthys
That clip I'd actually seen before. Luffy's fast obviously, and capable of a lot of damage over many strikes as shown there, but lets be honest that's not current Luffy, what you told me is more impressive than that. mmm And Link would get up after one of those. At first those punches weren't even moving his enemy back, and it took a lot of them to really damage the stone wall behind him.

Anyway, we need Aura in here.

Luffy's opponent is using a move called Tekkai to nullify damage. The fact that Luffy was hurting him as much as he was is impressive as hell since before when Luffy hit him while he was using it his fist just bounced off.

ScreamPaste
Luffy's opponent is using a move called Tekkai to nullify damage. The fact that Luffy was hurting him as much as he was is impressive as hell since before when Luffy hit him while he was using it his fist just bounced off. Eh, I'm still looking at the total damage of the strikes and their ability to harm the stone behind him and those punches in particular don't impress me.

Luffy IS capable of more than that, though, as I've been told and shown.

Still want Aura in here before I take any kind of definite stance.

AuraAngel
Yes Scream, you can pick a Link with full triforce. He just can't wish anyone away.

Nephthys
Eh, I'm still looking at the total damage of the strikes and their ability to harm the stone behind him and those punches in particular don't impress me.

Luffy IS capable of more than that, though, as I've been told and shown.

Still want Aura in here before I take any kind of definite stance.

Well in that case either Lucci's Tekkai was absorbing the impact so the didn't punches didn't travel through to the wall or it was simply a delayed reaction/Luffy was punching so fast the impact wasn't shown until after he'd finished. Or both The wall behind him did explode after he was done remember.

Well yes, all the feats I've shown you are from before the 2 year time-skip that he spent training.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Yes Scream, you can pick a Link with full triforce. He just can't wish anyone away. Good lord.

All right, my opinion is as follows then.

AlttP Link spends the fight intangible with magic cape.

link-rape

What now, Luffy?

Nephthys
Luffy can punch intangible people.

BloodRain
Luffy used Haki :T

ScreamPaste
Luffy can punch intangible people. Well ****.

Nephthys
Yeah, unfortunately theres a bunch of intangible guys in One Piece and Luffy just spent 2 years learning how to punch them.

Edit: I would also like to avoid a speed argument.

The Scenario
Luffy is more than likely stronger than Link even with Golden Gauntlets, and I'd rather not get into a speed argument right now.

The Triforce I'm not even sure why we're using, unless we're attributing Ganon's feats with the Triforce of Power to Link. In which case, I have no idea what's going on anymore.

A high magic Link with stuff Luffy has no answer for (such as transformations or status) would probably be best, but the Links that have magic are not the same Links who could actually take a punch from Luffy. Like, I could reasonably see a Wind Waker Link get up after an attack from Luffy, but there's no way ALttP Link could.

BloodRain
Besides (maybe) Toon Link, no other Link can take an assault from Luffy.

NemeBro
Luffy can punch intangible people. The notion that Haki will be able negate real intangibility because it can negate logia intangibility is faulty.

ScreamPaste
Yeah, unfortunately theres a bunch of intangible guys in One Piece and Luffy just spent 2 years learning how to punch them.

Edit: I would also like to avoid a speed argument.

That's pretty hax, actually. haermm

All right, not a problem though. mmm With the entire Triforce I still doubt Link can be significantly damaged by Luffy honestly. We've seen what the ToP alone can do for Ganondorf.

Originally posted by The Scenario
Luffy is more than likely stronger than Link even with Golden Gauntlets, and I'd rather not get into a speed argument right now.

The Triforce I'm not even sure why we're using, unless we're attributing Ganon's feats with the Triforce of Power to Link. In which case, I have no idea what's going on anymore.

A high magic Link with stuff Luffy has no answer for (such as transformations or status) would probably be best, but the Links that have magic are not the same Links who could actually take a punch from Luffy. Like, I could reasonably see a Wind Waker Link get up an attack from Luffy, but there's no way ALttP Link could.

Well, we do know that the triforce pieces do grant power to their wielder. I'm not at all suggesting we grant Link Ganon's entire powerset, since he seems mostly amplified in what he already did before he had it.

But in terms of the strength and durability amps and the like? Not much of a stretch.

Also, how would Luffy deal with invisibility? mmm The cape does that as well.

BloodRain
Luffy can hit harder than Ganondorfs ToP durability though.

Precog against invisibility?

Nephthys
That's pretty hax, actually. haermm

Luffy also has precognition now. He is pretty damn haxxed.

The Scenario
Well, we do know that the triforce pieces do grant power to their wielder. I'm not at all suggesting we grant Link Ganon's entire powerset, since he seems mostly amplified in what he already did before he had it.

But in terms of the strength and durability amps and the like? Not much of a stretch.

It's tough to tell how much the Triforce Pieces actually do, though. Wind Waker Link is the most durable Link around, in my opinion at least, and he had no piece for the majority of the game, while Twilight Princess Link has the more obvious protection from magical effects. Ganon without the Triforce of Power could still converse with a sword through his skull. It's just sort of vague how much is divine gift and how much is just being that good.

Not sure. Luffy's Haki can do a lot of things. I believe the Observation Haki (or just Mantra?) was based on sound and allowed the user to predict opponents as if they had precognition. Probably could do pretty well.

AuraAngel
Oh Haki. The most broken thing in OP.

BloodRain
Hit the intangibles, KO 50,000 enemies, makes you really hard.. haxxy.

Nephthys
Originally posted by BloodRain
makes you really hard

Giggity.

ScreamPaste
It's tough to tell how much the Triforce Pieces actually do, though. Wind Waker Link is the most durable Link around, in my opinion at least, and he had no piece for the majority of the game, while Twilight Princess Link has the more obvious protection from magical effects. Ganon without the Triforce of Power could still converse with a sword through his skull. It's just sort of vague how much is divine gift and how much is just being that good.

Not sure. Luffy's Haki can do a lot of things. I believe the Observation Haki (or just Mantra?) was based on sound and allowed the user to predict opponents as if they had precognition. Probably could do pretty well. Exactly how much is hard to say, but it's safe to say they do a fair bit.

mmm And WW Link's best durability feat imho is being physically beaten by Ganondorf without being totally incapacitated, which did occur while he had the ToC, as Ganondorf seperated them shortly thereafter. The individual power of the triforce pieces is acknowledged in universe by Ganondorf and the KORL as well in OoT and WW, as well as in TP.

Honestly, I don't think Luffy could touch a Link that was so amped. mmm

Nephthys
Originally posted by NemeBro
The notion that Haki will be able negate real intangibility because it can negate logia intangibility is faulty.

How so?

T-Wrecks
"And Link would get up after one of those."

WHHHHHAAAT!? Are you kidding me? Link, the guy who gets hurt by chickens, who gets hurt from just TOUCHING enemies, could get up from a full Jet Gattling attack? You are insane, Link isn't superhuman, he's no stronger than a normal teen elf boy in tights. One normal punch from Luffy would kill Link. F**KING KILL HIM. Post time skip, Gear 2nd + Haki would be overkill.

Here is my biggest issue: the triforce isn't an ability, it's an object, like the M'Kraan Crystal or the Infinity Gauntlet and it doesn't really count as Link's actual ability. Luffy is relying entirely on his physical abilities (both learned and gained), so letting Link use some Plot Device weapon is unbalanced. Of course the other issue is that without the triforce, Link is weak as shit and would get killed so hard by Luffy that every Link in every game would die from it. It's like having an un-shielded Captain America fight Superman, there is simply no chance. So either way this fight ends without a even playing field.

Nephthys
Er, no. Link is pretty conclusively superhuman.

AuraAngel
And it's really dumb to say that Link can't use things that he's earned in his games. You must loathe Zoro with every fiber of your being since he uses swords given to him.

T-Wrecks
Er, no. Link is pretty conclusively superhuman.

WHAT?! When? I have played every Zelda but Skyward Sword and he never once seemed superhuman in any way. Hell he used to die from touching f-ing water before OoT, how is he superhuman without the triforce and don't give me that "killed an army of demon" bullshit from the Tir vs Link thread.

NemeBro
This is false.

Don't be so stupid.

T-Wrecks
And it's really dumb to say that Link can't use things that he's earned in his games. You must loathe Zoro with every fiber of your being since he uses swords given to him.

Dude, comparing a sword to a mystical item that grants total godhood is nowhere close to the same thing. Not to mention Zoro's use of swords is based on years of training and skill, he didn't just pick up a magic sword and become badass -_-

I have never seen Link do anything superhuman. Maybe it's the "stupidity" talking, so please, enlighten me on his "super" powers...

AuraAngel
Dude, comparing a sword to a mystical item that grants total godhood is nowhere close to the same thing. Not to mention Zoro's use of swords is based on years of training and skill, he didn't just pick up a magic sword and become badass -_-

Strictly speaking, I eliminated the ability that makes Link like unto a god. If there are other abilities(like say, super durability) offered by it, that's fine. Link has to earn the Triforce in his games does he not? Seems fair to me.

ScreamPaste
Calm down, you're acting just a little autismal. haermm

I'm not going to straight up argue Link could take Luffy unamped, but your perception of Link's capabilities is in fact wrong.

Link, in almost all of his incarnations, has very good durability that places him above 'skin of steel' levels. You seem unaware of this, not your fault, but try not to get irrational, k?

He also has very good strength feats, tossing Gorons, overpowering giant bosses, sword locking and fighting meta human enemies one to one.

Even unamped Links have really good feats. MM Link survives Majora's death throes followed by a fall to the earth, dodges super-sonic attacks, and goes many days without sleep.

Also, blast mask. Attaches bomb capable of shattering stone to his face.

SS Link fights Ghirahim, one to one, pushing him to the edge of the platform they fight on in the sky multiple times, before fighting him on the ground and cutting Ghirahim's sword in half. Ghirahim, and his sword, in SS, shatter a barrier conjured by Impa who can hold back billions of gallons of water in a flood. The flood is created by one of a trio of dragons who display abilities that could be called 'casually city busting'.

Did I mention Faron, the water dragon who causes the flood is bested by Ghirahim and badly wounded?

Ghirahim is just one of Demise, proto-Ganon's conjurations, and Link straight up fights and beats Demise as well. Neither of them are amped by triforce pieces when this happens.

Aura said I get to use power scaling in this thread, I've been kind of hesitant to really emphasise what that could mean here, but if unamped Links are capable of that kind of shit, a Link with the entirety of the triforce, let alone four of him, is going to be nigh invulnerable and unstoppable. Even for someone who can punch apart city blocks.

Also, Aura gave me a scene from SSBB where Link dodges lasers just because, and there's a frequent argument on VG versus about Link's lightning timer capabilities in various incarnations. Ganondorf and Link, each with one piece of said triforce have exchanges involving lightning that some people disagree on. But if it is Valid (I'm of the mind it is, but Link with the full triforce makes it irrelevant anyway. no expression) then Link here has two pieces of an artifact that can individually induce lightning time reactions.

The ToP alone makes Ganondorf durable enough that Midna hitting him so hard his castle explodes doesn't adversely affect him.

So, no, in short, Link is not just some normal teen in tights.

Nephthys
WHAT?! When? I have played every Zelda but Skyward Sword and he never once seemed superhuman in any way. Hell he used to die from touching f-ing water before OoT, how is he superhuman without the triforce and don't give me that "killed an army of demon" bullshit from the Tir vs Link thread.

vEFiRew2Ef8

Thats a little superhuman.

AuraAngel

Oh please God let that argument come up again.

Nephthys
I'm not doing it. You can't make me.

ScreamPaste
I'm not doing it. You can't make me.

Nephthys
Also has anyone decided on a Link to use?

T-Wrecks

Thats a little superhuman.

My problem with that is it seems to hinder on the whole "gameplay physics thing", it's inconsistent with his power outside of that specific boss fight. In some games Link needs a damn item just to move a damn rock. Links is too gameplay designed which is why he is so inconsistent. OP is a narrative, so every fight is part of the defined story, but 99% of Link's combat is gameplay which can't really be a defined scale of power. One minute he can throw a boulder guy, the next he needs a bomb to get past a normal boulder. It just doesn't add up.

ScreamPaste
Also has anyone decided on a Link to use?

The strongest Link I can imagine is aLttP Link because full triforce.

Since he also gets the laser dodge feat we don't have to deal with lightning so much, so yey.

Laser+ timing Link with the full triforce to amp his physical capabilities, but no reality warping because that's hax would probably beat Luffy into the ground, imho. Particularly four of him. But then again I know less about One Piece than most people in this thread, so my conclusion isn't final.

I just can't imagine how ****ing Hax Luffy must be for Luffy v.s. that to be fair. haermm

Nephthys
The strongest Link I can imagine is aLttP Link because full triforce.

Since he also gets the laser dodge feat we don't have to deal with lightning so much, so yey.

Laser+ timing Link with the full triforce to amp his physical capabilities, but no reality warping because that's hax would probably beat Luffy into the ground, imho. Particularly four of him. But then again I know less about One Piece than most people in this thread, so my conclusion isn't final.

I just can't imagine how ****ing Hax Luffy must be for Luffy v.s. that to be fair. haermm

If you recall I have also argued against the laser dodging.

How much does the Triforce amp his physical capabilities? Scenario seems to think that it is either not too much or completely unknown. And how good is ALttP Link anyway?

T-Wrecks
Link, in almost all of his incarnations, has very good durability that places him above 'skin of steel' levels. You seem unaware of this, not your fault, but try not to get irrational, k?

When exactly has link ever had steel-like defense? Maybe with a specific set of armor, but at no point have I ever seen link take a sword to the face without getting hurt. Need I point out again that he gets hurt by chickens? You know what, f**k it, I'll pretend he has above normal human defense despite the fact that he doesn't. Even so, Luffy could kill him even without Gear 2nd or 3rd. Even before the time skip Luffy could split buildings, shatter ships and uproot entire street blocks, so unless Link has Superman or Namor underwater level defense, he's toast.

ScreamPaste
When exactly has link ever had steel-like defense? Maybe with a specific set of armor, but at no point have I ever seen link take a sword to the face without getting hurt. Need I point out again that he gets hurt by chickens? You know what, f**k it, I'll pretend he has above normal human defense despite the fact that he doesn't. Even so, Luffy could kill him even without Gear 2nd or 3rd. Even before the time skip Luffy could split buildings, shatter ships and uproot entire street blocks, so unless Link has Superman or Namor underwater level defense, he's toast. Gameplay mechanics < What Link does in canon. Kratos is known to be very durable for example, but can still be harmed by mooks in gameplay. This holds true for all videogame characters.

What matters are the cutscenes, story, and statements. The canon of the game.

Also, the implication anyone sub-superman durability is within Luffy's range of harming is a little bit insane. Didn't Supes survive a blackhole or something?

BloodRain
Isn't Link's durability still only building level? pr1983

T-Wrecks
Also, the implication anyone sub-superman durability is within Luffy's range of harming is a little bit insane. Didn't Supes survive a blackhole or something?

Luffy's max offense range (which would require Gear 2nd or 3rd) would be below Superman for sure, but it's definitely above the Captain America, Spiderman, maybe even Superboy range of defense. I'm simply saying that unless Link is superhero level strong, he's not going to stand up to any of Luffy's attacks.

ScreamPaste
Isn't Link's durability still only building level? pr1983 With the full triforce? Also, Large building. uhuhOriginally posted by T-Wrecks
Luffy's max offense range (which would require Gear 2nd or 3rd) would be below Superman for sure, but it's definitely above the Captain America, Spiderman, maybe even Superboy range of defense. I'm simply saying that unless Link is superhero level strong, he's not going to stand up to any of Luffy's attacks.
Link, every Link we have feats for, sits comfortably in the meta-human range.

NemeBro
maybe even Superboy Not even close.

The Scenario
When exactly has link ever had steel-like defense? Maybe with a specific set of armor, but at no point have I ever seen link take a sword to the face without getting hurt. Need I point out again that he gets hurt by chickens? You know what, f**k it, I'll pretend he has above normal human defense despite the fact that he doesn't. Even so, Luffy could kill him even without Gear 2nd or 3rd. Even before the time skip Luffy could split buildings, shatter ships and uproot entire street blocks, so unless Link has Superman or Namor underwater level defense, he's toast.

Okay, got some durability feats ready.

Catapult toss

Bird toss

Explosion toss

Wind Waker Link gets thrown around a lot, often for distances counted in miles, and smacks directly into solid surfaces or water that would feel solid at such heights. Little dude's almost as immune to blunt force as Luffy is.

ScreamPaste

Catapult toss

Bird toss

Explosion toss

Wind Waker Link gets thrown around a lot, often for distances counted in miles, and smacks directly into solid surfaces or water that would feel solid at such heights. Little dude's almost as immune to blunt force as Luffy is. <3

T-Wrecks
With the full triforce?
Link, every Link we have feats for, sits comfortably in the meta-human range.

I can accept that maybe Skyward Sword Link has done some non-gameplay stuff (since I haven't played that one), but every Link? You actually think that NES Link did anything superhuman in the non-existent story of that game? Or Link's Awakening Link, the one who needed a damn item just to jump? Or Four Swords Link who needed 3 extra people to do anything? This whole "Every Link is superhuman" crap just reeks of fan-boy tinted glasses bullshit. And it's not to say I hate Link (although forums have certainly made me like him less), otherwise I wouldn't have played so god damn many of his games (hell, if this was a Zelda Games vs OP games thread, Zelda would win hands down in playablity and fun), but when people on forums try to over inflate the attributes of a dozen characters who weren't even designed with any kind of logical continuity in mind, it gets really freaking ridiculous.

This contradicts the whole gameplay vs story issue since if any Link fell off of a building in a cut-scene, he'd die. He can survive that shit in the game because instant deaths are too cheap for that type of game. By that logic Link IS as strong as Superman, which is stupid -_-

BloodRain
^"every Link we have feats for"

ToP/ToC gave large building dura (greater for Dorf than Link) and ToK gave virtually nothing physically.

What are the physical feats granted by all three pieces?

ScreamPaste
Give me ten full minutes of 'wat' to try and digest this.

Your argument is that if something bad happened to Link in a cutscene he'd die, except after three separate cutscenes of bad things happening to Link he doesn't die, you form this conclusion? Wat.jpg?

Link's cutscene durability strongly contradicts that falls even hurt him at all.

This also reminds me, that bird that tossed Link multiple miles?

Link comes back and kills its' ass with a ****ing hammer.

^"every Link we have feats for"

ToP/ToC gave large building dura (greater for Dorf than Link) and ToK gave virtually nothing physically.

What are the physical feats granted by all three pieces? Honestly? How tough it would make him exactly? I'm totally unsure. Nothing except Link has ever been able to harm Ganon once he had the ToP anyway, so the extent of it's power is an unknown. The full triforce is only ever seen at the end of games, and never to amp a single character.

What we do know about it is a lot of power scaling. And that it would be hardcore as ****. Significantly more powerful than any singular Link without it.

T-Wrecks
Show me a cutscene in which Link falls a great height and he doesn't land on something to break his fall. I'm just pointing out that game defense logic isn't the same as story logic. Generally, the story wouldn't allow a character to fall the same distance and survive as in the gameplay.

ScreamPaste

Catapult toss

Bird toss

Explosion toss

Wind Waker Link gets thrown around a lot, often for distances counted in miles, and smacks directly into solid surfaces or water that would feel solid at such heights. Little dude's almost as immune to blunt force as Luffy is. T, watch the first and third video, lol.

Also, once the distance your thrown is being counter in miles, water doesn't break your fall at all, and is comparable to concrete in it's softness due to surface tension.

The Scenario
Strength feats, going for a few different Links.

Wind Waker. Done with an item, Power Bracelets.

Ocarina of Time. Done with an item, Golden Gauntlets.

Twilight Princess. No strength enhancing item, but he did use the Ball & Chain.

Link's strong, but not quite as strong as Luffy. He does wield a sword, though, and Luffy has trouble with sharp objects even with Haki. If he gets a hit in it will hurt Luffy, but Luffy's damage soak gets pretty ridiculous so I wouldn't say it's a reliable strategy.

I maintain that a magic focused Link like ALttP could could Luffy down via non-physical means, but would be unable to take any hits in return. Whereas the more physical Links could take a few hits but be unable to hurt Luffy enough to get past his Shonen willpower.

I'm not counting Triforce stuff because I don't know how to handle it.

T-Wrecks
T, watch the first and third video, lol.

Also, once the distance your thrown is being counter in miles, water doesn't break your fall at all, and is comparable to concrete in it's softness due to surface tension.

First video: pretty sure that entire scene was for comedic effect plus he had a barrel to take some of the impact.

Second video: He landed in water i.e, cushion.

Third video: Again, meant for comedic effect. By that standard Nami is the strongest character in One Piece. Also, he hits the building at the decline of his fall, meaning when all the momentum is lost, so it's no more painful than the first comedic fall.

Also how is this "every Link", these are all from Wind Waker. Weren't you saying that LttP is the strongest? Then why is WW link the only one taking falls? See this the problem comparing a dozen unrelated characters to one very defined character, you can't have a consistent measurement of power.

BloodRain
Landing in water is not a cushion, it'd bloody kill iirc.

Aye, but still pegs his dura in the' can be hurt by Link' area as his only known feat.

O.o What is there to physically powerscale it off? Can't think of anything in-verse at its level.

Luffy was able to tie against Zorro. Physical equal with three swords.

Magical glass cannons with the non-physical Link's. Though not sure what else besides Quake(?) would be desired.

Nephthys

Are we willing to be that strict with the physics? Water is used to stop falls from great heights all the time in fiction, even for people with normal durability.

The Scenario

Not saying it'd be a mortal wound, but even Buggy could scratch Luffy's skin, as could Kuro. Hody bit through armament Haki, eliciting a "I guess can't deal with sharp stuff yet" from Luffy. I think Link can cut him. I also think it will take significantly more than one cut to put Luffy down.

I'd say Ether. Luffy's track record against ice isn't the best.

AuraAngel
Are we willing to be that strict with the physics? Water is used to stop falls from great heights all the time in fiction, even for people with normal durability.

Feat's a feat mate. Ball lightning is something to argue against but everyone knows that falling on water from a sufficient height is honestly not going to matter much.

Nephthys
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Its a wide-spread concept in all of fiction.

LoZ is on that page too btw.

ScreamPaste
Landing in water is not a cushion, it'd bloody kill iirc.

Aye, but still pegs his dura in the' can be hurt by Link' area as his only known feat.

O.o What is there to physically powerscale it off? Can't think of anything in-verse at its level.

Magical glass cannons with the non-physical Link's. Though not sure what else besides Quake(?) would be desired.

Link can do it because of Fi, honestly. She's stronk and can overcome Ganon's otherwise nigh invulnerability.

The thing is, with the ToP, Link would in all likelihood have said nigh-invulnerability. As well as exponentially greater strength than with just the ToC alone. mmm

Things we can scale the full triforce off? Well, SS gives us Hylia, for one. Hylia would be a pushover next to the entire triforce but created a planetary seal and fought back an army of demons, beat Demise (at great apparent cost) and such. We can cross out the seal and the like because Link doesn't get to reality warp, but the indication of relative power is there.

The dragons that Hylia created are casual city busters with no reality warping required. Just getting mad can have them doing terrible, terrible things to the surface world. mmm

We also know that with the ToP even being physically wounded isn't a big deal. Ganondorf did kind of spend all of TP with a hole in his chest and no ****s to give about it.

Shit we know Ganondorf can just kind of do with a single piece includes merging worlds on a country wide scale, turning off the sun, causing continent sized storms (the latter two with a seal on his power).

We cannot actually give Link those powers, but the scale of them should give an idea of what his quake and bombos spells might look like with the entire triforce, for example.

So, I can't give a definite level of physical or magical power, but it'd be big. /Shrug.

AuraAngel
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Its a wide-spread concept in all of fiction.

LoZ is on that page too btw.

It's also impossible to dodge lasers. Fictional characters do it all the time. Surviving a fall into water is still a feat. stick out tongue

The Scenario
First video: pretty sure that entire scene was for comedic effect plus he had a barrel to take some of the impact.

Comedic effect doesn't really change what happens, which is Link slamming directly into a stone wall. On the other hand, he also had a wooden barrel hitting him, too.

Not from that height. At terminal velocity or faster, water acts like any hard surface. You're hitting the water faster than it can move out of the way, so it acts solid. Something similar happens in air around mach 4 or 5.

Don't recall Nami's chastisements ever having any real effect beyond the cosmetic. I mean, a bump on the head or or something, but no one is ever actually injured by this.

I just chose Wind Waker as it was a quick example. Some other Link have similar feats.

They're tough to find without commentary.

Cannon 1 (Into the desert)

Cannon 2 (Into the sky)

Cannon 3 (From the sky)

This was in another thread, but it's applicable here, too.

ScreamPaste
Why you offline, Scenario? :c

Nephthys
It's also impossible to dodge lasers. Fictional characters do it all the time. Surviving a fall into water is still a feat. stick out tongue

Because usually the lasers are slower than actual lasers. Just like usually water is very soft in fiction.

BloodRain
Not saying it'd be a mortal wound, but even Buggy could scratch Luffy's skin, as could Kuro. Hody bit through armament Haki, eliciting a "I guess can't deal with sharp stuff yet" from Luffy. I think Link can cut him. I also think it will take significantly more than one cut to put Luffy down.

I'd say Ether. Luffy's track record against ice isn't the best.

Oh yeah, Link can cut Luffy given the chance. I only gave the Zorro example (stronger, faster, more blades going around) as if Zorro tied with him, Link wouldn't fair as well in h2h.

Can't remember his ice resist, can only guess with the whole rubber thing, so that might be a thing.

AuraAngel
Don't recall Nami's chastisements ever having any real effect beyond the cosmetic. I mean, a bump on the head or or something, but no one is ever actually injured by this.

It's stated that she beats up his spirit.

The Scenario
Why you offline, Scenario? :c

I may have that "invisible mode" thing on. Don't remember why.

Better?

Luffy's only real experience against ice is nearly freezing to death on Drum island and nearly freezing to death against Aokiji. I think if Link can pull off an Ether, he might get Luffy to freeze to death.

Obviously a master of Women's Haki.

ScreamPaste
Still shows you as offline to me and I can't send you IMs. mmm

AuraAngel
I must say, I'm glad with the way I designed this thread. I like how you guys are weighing the pros and cons of each Link to determine who would be the "strongest" in this scenario(name drop <3).

Not my intention while making it but since it is kinda cool to watch, I dun mind. ^_^

BloodRain
Probs missing something, but freezing looks like the way to go.

Link can do it because of Fi, honestly. She's stronk and can overcome Ganon's otherwise nigh invulnerability.

The thing is, with the ToP, Link would in all likelihood have said nigh-invulnerability. As well as exponentially greater strength than with just the ToC alone. mmm

Things we can scale the full triforce off? Well, SS gives us Hylia, for one. Hylia would be a pushover next to the entire triforce but created a planetary seal and fought back an army of demons, beat Demise (at great apparent cost) and such. We can cross out the seal and the like because Link doesn't get to reality warp, but the indication of relative power is there.

The dragons that Hylia created are casual city busters with no reality warping required. Just getting mad can have them doing terrible, terrible things to the surface world. mmm

We also know that with the ToP even being physically wounded isn't a big deal. Ganondorf did kind of spend all of TP with a hole in his chest and no ****s to give about it.

Shit we know Ganondorf can just kind of do with a single piece includes merging worlds on a country wide scale, turning off the sun, causing continent sized storms (the latter two with a seal on his power).

We cannot actually give Link those powers, but the scale of them should give an idea of what his quake and bombos spells might look like with the entire triforce, for example.

So, I can't give a definite level of physical or magical power, but it'd be big. /Shrug.

I thought that was the whole 'cant be hurt unless by blessed weapons' thing? With or without it doesnt say much for his dura outside that magical/holy aspect. And tbh Hylia and the dragons own magical abilities don't show their physical stats or hint to such for someone that beats them.

I would agree that this three piece suit would be hella powerful, but we don't see much from it besides what the ToP (and only that one not the other two, which is stupid :< ) can do. I mean, didnt SS Link have the whole thing? He didnt show much of anything with it.

ScreamPaste
Probs missing something, but freezing looks like the way to go.

I thought that was the whole 'cant be hurt unless by blessed weapons' thing? With or without it doesnt say much for his dura outside that magical/holy aspect. And tbh Hylia and the dragons own magical abilities don't show their physical stats or hint to such for someone that beats them.

I would agree that this three piece suit would be hella powerful, but we don't see much from it besides what the ToP (and only that one not the other two, which is stupid :< ) can do. I mean, didnt SS Link have the whole thing? He didnt show much of anything with it. No, SS Link left it on the goddess statue.

For some reason, lol. Probably so there could actually BE a final fight, I guess. PIS there.

And here's the thing, Luffy lacks a holy weapon. mmm And even then, a blessed butterknife wouldn't cut it. (Heehee)

Even the MS wouldn't hurt Ganondorf when it was depowered in WW.

It has to be something very powerful. It's not even that Ganondorf is necessarily weak to holy weapons, either, that is never said.

What IS said is that the sword is super effective against evil, which Ganon is.

So, Ganon is just really ****ing durable and the sword is a good can opener. But yeah. Link also has good durability.

Combine the two. Add a third.

And yeah, it's hard to really gauge just how physically powerful he'd become, but all signs point to "very". Like we know in WW Link can take a physical beating from Ganondorf with the ToC. In OoT there's the slash Link tries to block as well. In TP there's resisting being crushed by Dangoro and stopping Ganon's charge, and being hit by that axe. MM and SS have stronk unamped feats as well, and so foes WW Link actually.

That said, their magical power is pretty high up there, too. Imagine full triforce Ether? 131 The triforce would grant Link power well outstripping theirs. All we do is extrapolate spells he already has.

ScreamPaste
I must say, I'm glad with the way I designed this thread. I like how you guys are weighing the pros and cons of each Link to determine who would be the "strongest" in this scenario(name drop <3).

Not my intention while making it but since it is kinda cool to watch, I dun mind. ^_^ I'm having fun with a Link thread again. It has been. So. Long.

Blight
Luffy is the winner, barring strenuous grasping at straws on the side of Link fans.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Blight
Luffy is the winner, barring strenuous grasping at straws on the side of Link fans. True intangibility + Ether.

>=C

Nephthys
Whats Ether?

Blight
Whats Ether?

You soak it in a rag, breathe it in, and see stars.

ScreamPaste
AoE freeze spell.

X09vEizliKQ#t=3m0s

Someone awesome found this for me. 3:00

ScreamPaste
Luffy is the winner, barring strenuous grasping at straws on the side of Link fans. No, but really.

If Luffy's counter to intangibility is that he prevents people from reducing themselves to sand or smoke, it won't really work on the magic cape.

How will he handle an AoE freeze from an opponent he can't actually strike? mmm

This doesn't even count what Link having the triforce would do. It would turn from a large area spell into "I accidentally the surface of the planet." if Link were feeling omnicidal.

I think just extending it over a large enough portion of the field to catch Luffy would suffice though. You know, since Link isn't a bad dude. Pragmatic, but not interested in mass genocide.

So, even without the triforce, what is Luffy's winning play? Just for the sake of discussion.

Zack Fair
...Why give Link the triforce? Like...wtf?

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Zack Fair
...Why give Link the triforce? Like...wtf?

Because it amused me.

I'm pretty evil you see.

Nephthys
No, but really.

If Luffy's counter to intangibility is that he prevents people from reducing themselves to sand or smoke, it won't really work on the magic cape.

Intangibility is intangibility. Why do you think it wouldn't work?

It depends on how powerful the freeze is or how fast Link can get it off. That video you found showed one of the most powerful people in One Piece, who can casually outspeed Luffy and can casually freeze tidal waves and all the water around several islands and when pushed permenently changed an islands climate. It's not as if Luffy is weak to being frozen, thats just how powerful the guy is.

Also Luffy could probably defrost himself with Gear Second, which makes his body so hot he steams.

This doesn't even count what Link having the triforce would do. It would turn from a large area spell into "I accidentally the surface of the planet." if Link were feeling omnicidal.

So far I've seen no evidence for how much the Triforce would amp him, or if it even would at all.

I think just extending it over a large enough portion of the field to catch Luffy would suffice though. You know, since Link isn't a bad dude. Pragmatic, but not interested in mass genocide.

You're going to need to prove that he can actually do that first.

So, even without the triforce, what is Luffy's winning play? Just for the sake of discussion.

Without the Triforce Luffy punches his head off 0.003 seconds into the fight. I'm not convinced the fight wouldn't ebd that way with it either.

ScreamPaste
Because OP intangibility is not true intangibility, and Luffy's counter is to prevent his enemy from disassembling into sand/smoke/whatever. This doesn't work on matter that simply is not there.

All right, neat.

Impressive.

I can't say for certain how powerful the freeze is, but if it's comparable to the ice arrows Luffy'll find himself sitting still temporarily.

Wait, you actually think this point in particular is arguable? no expression

So, you want me to prove to you that the triforce is more powerful than people it's stated to be more powerful than who have global feats? Wat.

Hylia could form a planetwide seal, and she was a minor goddess whose own power is explicitly less than the triforce's. The only thing about the triforce banned in this thread is it's reality warping power, preventing Link from just turning Luffy into a jack in the box. Not that this even matters because planetary level is far above Luffy. It doesn't need to be close to that to render Luffy moot.

Punching intangible dude = winning strategy. I suppose he'll pull off Link's cap-wait, he can't because Link is intangible. >C

And has the laser dodging feat from SSBB just in case.

Also, if Link does have the full triforce Luffy legitimately cannot put him down due to nigh-invulnerablilty even without the cape. That's not even a discussion. erm

Blight
That's because it is how it would end.

ScreamPaste
That's because it is how it would end. Originally posted by ScreamPaste
No, but really.

Go ahead, Blight. Try your hand.

Blight
Has the freeze attack been enough to change the climate of a continent?

What has the triforce done to amp attacks exactly? Just curious, I'd need feats to go on.

You go to lengths to protect your boy, I'll give you that.

AuraAngel
You go to lengths to protect your boy, I'll give you that.

One time he determined the weight of a lightning ball for Link.

Trufax.

NemeBro
The Triforce did turn Ganondorf into a planetary reality warper and all, so there is some precedent for that kind of shit I guess.

Blight
The Triforce did turn Ganondorf into a planetary reality warper and all, so there is some precedent for that kind of shit I guess.
pis?

Has anyone else (ie link) used it for the same means? That also sounds like what was banned from the thread, like apparently turning things to a jack in the box.

MooCowofJustice
If I recall Zant froze an entire city in ice with just a third of the Triforce.

The Scenario

Not a continent, but I guess it sorta changed the climate of a forest a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4MKvIxfcA#t=2m25s

Also, Punk Hazard is a pretty small continent if you can just walk across half of it in almost no time. Not even even sure how it took to get it like that, either.

Nothing for Link, but Ganon has pulled off island destroying stuff before and that's presumably Triforce related.

ScreamPaste

What has the triforce done to amp attacks exactly? Just curious, I'd need feats to go on.

You go to lengths to protect your boy, I'll give you that. There are no lengths being gone to, I'm just working within a thread someone else made. he gave me the triforce. I'd be a silly ***** not to use it.

The ToP alone has done ridiculous things like change the climate of the planet and great sea respectively. A storm that spans a continent, and straight up ending daytime. These were done with the bulk of said power sealed, in WW. He also shattered an island in that game with his power sealed off.

In TP a portion of its' power is gifted to Zant who uses it to merge an entire country with the twilight realm. Dimensional overlay or some shit, kind of crazy. Does overlapping separate realities count as comparable?

It's also used to freeze Zora's domain solid. Ganondorf also does this in OoT because **** Zoras, apparently.

Also, from the Zelda Wiki: "Most enemies who aren't destroyed by the initial pulse of lightning and pressure are frozen, as if they were struck by the Ice Rod. Ether's atmosphere-altering capabilities can be used to clear the rain in Misery Mire."

Might not be permanent, but that does sound like it can change the weather in a region.Originally posted by Blight
pis?

Has anyone else (ie link) used it for the same means? That also sounds like what was banned from the thread, like apparently turning things to a jack in the box. Only the wishing/reality warping was taken away. Not the triforce's power entirely. It's not just some wishing well, lol.

With less than a third of the triforce's power Zant was overlapping regions and even all of Hyrule with a separate dimension and shit.

The wishing aspect of the triforce? It's only possible with the entire thing. These are separate forms of power.

Nephthys
Because OP intangibility is not true intangibility, and Luffy's counter is to prevent his enemy from disassembling into sand/smoke/whatever. This doesn't work on matter that simply is not there.

No, it forces the opponent to be hit. Haki has worked on things like light. One Piece powers work on even abstract concepts.

Also the LoZ wiki just says that the Magic Cape negates all damage, not that it makes him intangible. The item description simply says that it makes him invisible. I am hearing that Link walks through enemies with it but that's just gameplay mchanics.

All right, neat.

Impressive.

I can't say for certain how powerful the freeze is, but if it's comparable to the ice arrows Luffy'll find himself sitting still temporarily.

And is it comparable to the ice arrows? If I understand you correctly ALttP Link has some manner of freezing ability that you assume will be boosted by the Triforce correct. But since you don't know how powerful it is in the first place this seems like a shaky assumption.

Wait, you actually think this point in particular is arguable? no expression

Yes.

So, you want me to prove to you that the triforce is more powerful than people it's stated to be more powerful than who have global feats? Wat.

Hylia could form a planetwide seal, and she was a minor goddess whose own power is explicitly less than the triforce's. The only thing about the triforce banned in this thread is it's reality warping power, preventing Link from just turning Luffy into a jack in the box. Not that this even matters because planetary level is far above Luffy. It doesn't need to be close to that to render Luffy moot.

No, I want you to prove that possessing the Triforce makes a person incredibly powerful and that it enables them to perform incredibly powerful spells. The Master sword doesn't make Link uber powerful, despite how you've repeated said that its power rivals the Triforce since its a check against it. And if I recall Wind Waker correctly the King of Hyrule gets it at one point and doesn't become the physical god you are saying Link will become.

What has Link actually done while in possession of it? Because all I'm hearing is alot of pretty speculation so far.

Punching intangible dude = winning strategy. I suppose he'll pull off Link's cap-wait, he can't because Link is intangible. >C

a) Luffy can punch intangible people and b) proof that Link is even intangible?

And has the laser dodging feat from SSBB just in case.

You mean when he ran forward at a non-superhuman speed and zig-zagged? I don't think thats going to help him much.

Also, if Link does have the full triforce Luffy legitimately cannot put him down due to nigh-invulnerablilty even without the cape. That's not even a discussion. erm

Too bad, because we are discussing it. What makes you think he will become nigh-invulnerable? I hope you're not just saying that because you think Link will gain all of Ganon's durability with the Triforce.

The Scenario
Cape's pretty cool.

Walking over spikes and not caring.

Ether is a gameplay thing.

ScreamPaste
One time he determined the weight of a lightning ball for Link.

Trufax. I was bored and never used it in a debate. Also, that was Ganondorf related.

Blight
There are no lengths being gone to, I'm just working within a thread someone else made. he gave me the triforce. I'd be a silly ***** not to use it.

The ToP alone has done ridiculous things like change the climate of the planet and great sea respectively. A storm that spans a continent, and straight up ending daytime. These were done with the bulk of said power sealed, in WW. He also shattered an island in that game with his power sealed off.

In TP a portion of its' power is gifted to Zant who uses it to merge an entire country with the twilight realm. Dimensional overlay or some shit, kind of crazy. Does overlapping separate realities count as comparable?

It's also used to freeze Zora's domain solid. Ganondorf also does this in OoT because **** Zoras, apparently.

Also, from the Zelda Wiki: "Most enemies who aren't destroyed by the initial pulse of lightning and pressure are frozen, as if they were struck by the Ice Rod. Ether's atmosphere-altering capabilities can be used to clear the rain in Misery Mire."

Might not be permanent, but that does sound like it can change the weather in a region. Only the wishing/reality warping was taken away. Not the triforce's power entirely. It's not just some wishing well, lol.

With less than a third of the triforce's power Zant was overlapping regions and even all of Hyrule with a separate dimension and shit.

The wishing aspect of the triforce? It's only possible with the entire thing. These are separate forms of power.
why are you attributing feats other people performed to link?

ScreamPaste
I'm not, I'm telling you what less power than Link would have in this thread can do. smile Link gains the triforce--->Becomes more powerful. This is not rocket science. I'm still only working with Link's own powerset.

Also, statement for Ether:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/amaraskyia/A%20Link%20to%20the%20Past/LttPGroupC023.jpg

Nephthys
Cape's pretty cool.

Walking over spikes and not caring.

Ether is a gameplay thing.

As I said, thats all gameplay stuff. The item description mentions nothing about intangibility.

Edit: Gotta bounce. Will continue on the morrow.

NemeBro
pis?

Has anyone else (ie link) used it for the same means? That also sounds like what was banned from the thread, like apparently turning things to a jack in the box. What is PIS?

I dunno, to be honest Aura is being kind of weird in his banning of the Triforce. It's like, "Oh, you can't make a wish, but you can use it for other things". Every time the Triforce was used, a wish was made, Ganon used it to make himself undisputed dimension lord of the Dark Realm, for example.

XanatosForever
Good lord.

All right, my opinion is as follows then.

AlttP Link spends the fight intangible with magic cape.

link-rape

What now, Luffy?

Luffy can punch intangible people.

Well ****.

Classic setup and punchline. I laughed, out loud.

Edit: Good lords, six pages?! I almost forgot just how fast the crap builds up when the Link fans are at the helm. haermm

BloodRain
No, SS Link left it on the goddess statue.

For some reason, lol. Probably so there could actually BE a final fight, I guess. PIS there.

And here's the thing, Luffy lacks a holy weapon. mmm And even then, a blessed butterknife wouldn't cut it. (Heehee)

Even the MS wouldn't hurt Ganondorf when it was depowered in WW.

It has to be something very powerful. It's not even that Ganondorf is necessarily weak to holy weapons, either, that is never said.

What IS said is that the sword is super effective against evil, which Ganon is.

So, Ganon is just really ****ing durable and the sword is a good can opener. But yeah. Link also has good durability.

Combine the two. Add a third.

And yeah, it's hard to really gauge just how physically powerful he'd become, but all signs point to "very". Like we know in WW Link can take a physical beating from Ganondorf with the ToC. In OoT there's the slash Link tries to block as well. In TP there's resisting being crushed by Dangoro and stopping Ganon's charge, and being hit by that axe. MM and SS have stronk unamped feats as well, and so foes WW Link actually.

That said, their magical power is pretty high up there, too. Imagine full triforce Ether? 131 The triforce would grant Link power well outstripping theirs. All we do is extrapolate spells he already has.

Puh? But he was carrying it when he got each piece, even had the glowy hand. (May be my imagination..)

<__< I can vouch for holy fists? Though even if we take Dorf's in-game dura, as in without the holy>evil protection, the only durability we've that we can take is from what we've seen, which is Link's+. Im saying right now that there /should/ be a way to measure a characters dwarfing powers that are clearly above the ones we've seen *coughdantesspeed*, because Dorf's/triforce dura should be in the Town/+ area rather than what it is. Until that happens the best durability feat in Zelda is equal to the force of Luffy at the the beginning of the manga.

Actually how do the pieces amp? I assumed that it boosted the character them self (Link n Dorf's bod, Dorf n Zelda's magiks), would the set power of items count? I believe that there would need to be something that proves or suggests that the pieces can power him in this manner.

Blight
I'm not,
Uh... you're not?

This wasn't a power given to Link, it was something the Triforce did. What makes you think Link would be doing that in the game? Nothing lead me to believe I could wield that power.

You're seriously not using other people's feats and attributing them to Link?

This is getting confusing, I thought you weren't attributing other's feats to Link...

Sooooo has it changed the climate of a continent? Has it frozen a huge chunk of the ocean in an instant?

It kind of sounds like one. According to some, every time the triforce was whole, a wish was made....

So far it's an undefined "More Power" until a feat can be attributed to Link, though.

The Scenario

In the OP, Link is allowed to have the full Triforce, but can't make wishes. So essentially, the thread is giving him all three pieces of the Triforce despite the fact Link hasn't wielded them individually like that before. We've seen what Link with Triforce of Courage can do, but our only examples from the other two piece come from Ganon and Zelda.

We're considering Ganon's feats with the Triforce of Power, and since Link now has that piece I'm not sure how else we'd determine what he can do with it. It's entirely theoretical at this point; we have no idea how the Triforce of Power or Wisdom would amp Link, but "like Ganon or Zelda" seems a good bet.

Being invisible doesn't let you walk through spikes, though. The cape is the only way to get past that obstacle, and I don't think that would be possible if invisibility was all it did.

BloodRain
Though being immune to damage would.

Nephthys
In the OP, Link is allowed to have the full Triforce, but can't make wishes. So essentially, the thread is giving him all three pieces of the Triforce despite the fact Link hasn't wielded them individually like that before. We've seen what Link with Triforce of Courage can do, but our only examples from the other two piece come from Ganon and Zelda.

We're considering Ganon's feats with the Triforce of Power, and since Link now has that piece I'm not sure how else we'd determine what he can do with it. It's entirely theoretical at this point; we have no idea how the Triforce of Power or Wisdom would amp Link, but "like Ganon or Zelda" seems a good bet.

And how much did it amp them? Correct me if I'm wrong but as I recall Ganon is incredibly powerful even without the Triforce of Power. I know that in OoT he was a sorcerer before getting it at least. How much of that is the Triforce and how much is him?

Being invisible doesn't let you walk through spikes, though. The cape is the only way to get past that obstacle, and I don't think that would be possible if invisibility was all it did.

As Bloodrain said, being immune to damage would. Plus you're wrong because in the video you posted the guy manages to get back across the spikes without using the cape.

The Scenario
And how much did it amp them? Correct me if I'm wrong but as I recall Ganon is incredibly powerful even without the Triforce of Power. I know that in OoT he was a sorcerer before getting it at least. How much of that is the Triforce and how much is him?

Dunno, hence the speculation. Without it, we've seen him use blasts of magic to knock Link down, and put death curses on the Deku tree and Jabu-Jabu in Ocarina of Time. He died when a sword was put through his chest in Twilight Princess, but was revived when the Triforce of Power activated and thereafter walked around with a hole in his chest. He also managed to break the chains holding him, implying he wasn't that strong before. Wind Waker has him able to talk with a sword through his head without the Triforce of Power, but he turned to stone shortly thereafter so I'm not sure what to make of it

So based on his before and after shots, I'd say the Triforce of Power increased magic he already had, possibly granted him new magic abilities, and gave him a physical boost. His durability and damage soak appear to be almost entirely Triforce based.

Impossible to get across without damage, then; my mistake. Though there's also the video where he walks through the bumper to consider, so it's not just immunity to damage. The Cane of Byrna is the one that does damage immunity without the going through stuff.

Blight
So essentially what you're saying is the Legend of Zelda is a convoluted mess and we have no real frame of reference for what the Triforce can actually do when combined? Especially not for Link since it has never really seemed to do much of anything when he has had it combined? Got it. It honestly sounds like a wishing well to me...

ArtificialGlory
So essentially what you're saying is the Legend of Zelda is a convoluted mess and we have no real frame of reference for what the Triforce can actually do when combined? Especially not for Link since it has never really seemed to do much of anything when he has had it combined? Got it. It honestly sounds like a wishing well to me...

Convoluted mess is a pretty good way to describe it, yes.

ScreamPaste
So essentially what you're saying is the Legend of Zelda is a convoluted mess and we have no real frame of reference for what the Triforce can actually do when combined? Especially not for Link since it has never really seemed to do much of anything when he has had it combined? Got it. It honestly sounds like a wishing well to me... So, essentially you're intentionally misrepresenting and misinterpretting what was said?

Strange, then, how even individual pieces grant their wielder significant amounts of power when the triforce's only apparent use is the wishing capability it grants when the entire thing is assembled. Oh, wait, that doesn't make sense at all.

It's not like the power of said pieces is a consistent plot point in LoZ, LoZ 2, OoT, WW, TP, or SS. (Hint, it is)

Here is what we know about the triforce; it is at least global in scale, grants it's wielder insane levels of power and the ability to warp reality to their whim.

This thread only bans the reality warping, leaving, you guess it, insane levels of power on at least a global scale. Shit, the ToP alone has some global feats. haermm And let me be clear. The reality warping can only be done with the completed triforce. Ergo, power other than the 'wishing well effect' you're trying to play it off as.

Oh, and you still seem to have ignored this little statement;

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/amaraskyia/A%20Link%20to%20the%20Past/LttPGroupC023.jpg

Dem polar winds and dat upper atmosphere at Link's beck and call.

To put it simply, there is no guess work here other than just how powerful Link would become. That we dunno because Link's never possessed the entire thing except at the end of aLttP where he warped reality multiple times to fix things and make a bunch of other people happy after having already beaten Ganon. (IE, no combat left) We do know that it would completely outstrip everything else ever done in the series that wasn't done by Fi.

I haven't even attributed any powers to Link he doesn't display without the triforce, only told you straight up, that with it, they become a teeeeensy bit more devastating. Which to be honest is kind of an understatement.

Edit: Also, it's Sunday morning, I'm going back to sleep.

The Scenario

Not really, it's just that this thread's rules are covering events that have either never taken place or have not been extensively shown. It's pretty much exactly like speculating on what Blackbeard can do with Whitebeard's devil fruit before he shows up again. Or speculating on what Pluton does.

We know exactly what the Triforce can do when combined: grant wishes/warp reality. It is a wishing well, and Link has used it combined before, in exactly that way. That power is simply off limits for this thread, and instead we're just saying he has the individual pieces, though Link has never used all of them separately in that manner.

We know in general what each piece does, and we know what they do when combined. What we're speculating on here is what happens when Link gets Power, Wisdom, and Courage without combining them.

AuraAngel
You have to admit one thing though: The rules are certainly allowing for interesting discussion.

Nephthys
Strange, then, how even individual pieces grant their wielder significant amounts of power

You still havn't actually established that or what 'significant amounts of power' means yet.

Plus you didn't reply to me. ;_;

XanatosForever
You have to admit one thing though: The rules are certainly allowing for interesting discussion.

Yes, Aura, they certainly are. Have a cookie. stick out tongue

Edit: So...did we decide on what Link was actually going to be taking on the Strawhats?

The Scenario
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Yes, Aura, they certainly are. Have a cookie. stick out tongue

Edit: So...did we decide on what Link was actually going to be taking on the Strawhats?

I think it was A Link to the Past's version. Not a physical contender but has magics.

Now how about the second fight? Against the other 3 Strawhats.

BloodRain
The only thing that Link has here is freezing Luffy with ALttP's Ether. But with no durability or speed feats, this Link gets KO'd in one rubbery punch from pre-skip Luffy.

ScreamPaste
The only thing that Link has here is freezing Luffy with ALttP's Ether. But with no durability or speed feats, this Link gets KO'd in one rubbery punch from pre-skip Luffy. This Link gets SSBB feats, a magic cape, and the triforce.

Falcon Man
The notion that Haki will be able negate real intangibility because it can negate logia intangibility is faulty.
How so?

I think he's (she's?) referring to how Haki has worked against disperse-ables AKA people made out of energy/light (Kizaru) and people made of out of elements like fire (Ace) but not on abstract intangibles that are not made of or consist of matter?

Nephthys
Theoretically I don't see why it shouldn't. Haki resides within a persons spirit (as shown when someone uses it after being put into a non-haki users body) and can be used to reach past a persons Devil Fruit powers to affect their 'substance'. And as shown by Bartholomew Kuma and Brooke, Devil Fruit powers extend even into abstract concepts and the intangible (ghosts).

Rdit Oh, and Perona.

Falcon Man
Theoretically I don't see why it shouldn't. Haki resides within a persons spirit (as shown when someone uses it after being put into a non-haki users body) and can be used to reach past a persons Devil Fruit powers to affect their 'substance'. And as shown by Bartholomew Kuma and Brooke, Devil Fruit powers extend even into abstract concepts and the intangible (ghosts).

Rdit Oh, and Perona.

Yeah, but that was because of Kuma's and Brooke's devil fruit powers; not because of Haki if I'm reading this right. I don't recall the Gomu Gomu no Mi having similar capabilities.

Not saying that Luffy loses this fight though. He's still superior physically in pretty much every way.

Nephthys
Yeah, I'm just saying that DF powers can be abstract and intangible and Haki can counter DF powers. I mean, if it couldn't then Brooke would be invincible in his ghost form and Perona wouldn't be taking orders from Moria.

Point is, Haki runs off of spirit energy and works by hitting the persons substantial form, so it should affect intangibles imo.

BloodRain
This Link gets SSBB feats, a magic cape, and the triforce.
SSB doesn't have feats unless you mean the Triforce slash and being transmutated into a trophy. /Go Master Sword protection go awecraz/

Haki makes contact with the opponents true self regardless of intangible protection (fire, smoke, light, ghost). Havn't seen a reason why the Magic Cape is above this.

And the Triforce power up is speculative and hasnt given us anything physical to even powerscaling with.

On the other hand this Link's only strength(and by that dura) feat comes from partially struggling to throw 15 ton rocks with the Power Gloves. Even the best durability feat in LoZ is below Luffy's output.

Nephthys
SSB doesn't have feats unless you mean the Triforce slash and being transmutated into a trophy. /Go Master Sword protection go awecraz/

Screampaste is referring to 2.23 of this video:

re-tS9pHNNA

Apparently this means Link is a laser dodger. http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/4/1/shrug.001.gif

BloodRain
bermm I see...

ScreamPaste
All that's speculative about it is to what degree it scales him, because we don't know exactly how powerful the combined triforce is. We know it is at least planetary, and Luffy isn't touching that. Let's pretend for a moment he can, and he somehow injures a Link who has the entire Triforce. (Unlikely)

Oh, wait, Link has the ToP, physical injury is moot. He just ignores it and uses Ether.

An unamped Ether already has Link in control of the upper atmosphere and polar winds, what's Luffy's play against it? Be serious for a second.

Nephthys
Oh, wait, Link has the ToP, physical injury is moot.

Since when?

BloodRain
Show me a character that has planetary durability in LoZ.

Then get me some vodka.

Then show me again a character that has planetary durability in LoZ.

Luffy beat polar winds with a coat and some ear muffs, hows that for serious? parm_k-monster

ScreamPaste
Show me a character that has planetary durability in LoZ.

Then get me some vodka.

Then show me again a character that has planetary durability in LoZ.

Luffy beat polar winds with a coat and some ear muffs, hows that for serious? parm_k-monster

1. That wasn't specifically my claim. Though it is possible he'd reach that point.

2. I don't share.

3. Clarify this for me; are you legitimately arguing Luffy against Link with the entire Triforce?

This is an important thing for me to know.

BloodRain
Really? Because responding physical stats line with "we don't know exactly how powerful the combined triforce is. We know it is at least planetary" sounds like a claim. And its not possible.

No I'm legitimately arguing a winter wear Luffy against Link with the entire Triforce that, excluding the thread banned wish powers, has shown no physical feats above those granted to Link and Ganondorf and has nothing to powerscale off of to get an idea of how much of a boost it gives in this area.

ScreamPaste
haermm

Kk, good enough for me.

The Scenario
FnR6S3Qf8I8

Winter wear Luffy, pre-timeskip, for the curious.

Nephthys
Winter wear?

He's wearing his normal clothes. He put the rest on Nami.

BloodRain
Shorts, vest and barefoot. Climbing a wall mountain, person over the shoulder, one held with the teeth. Polar winds blowing.

And that boys and girls is why he wins estahuh

The Scenario
I was reasonably sure he was wearing one of Nami's sweaters during that. Might have been later.

Nephthys
Yeah, he has a sweater while on Drum Island.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111122041903/onepiece/images/6/68/Luffy_protects_Hiluluks_flag.jpg

Not in the video though. Must have taken it off.

Blight
Clarify this for me; are you legitimately arguing Luffy against Link with the entire Triforce?

Since you still haven't clarified what the entire Triforce will do without wild speculation and conjecture taken from characters who aren't Link and have no frame of reference to how the Triforce piece ACTUALLY AUGMENTED them, then that's exactly what we're doing.

ScreamPaste
Since you still haven't clarified what the entire Triforce will do without wild speculation and conjecture taken from characters who aren't Link and have no frame of reference to how the Triforce piece ACTUALLY AUGMENTED them, then that's exactly what we're doing. haermm Okay, awesome. So actually arguing against completed triforce with a sub-city level character.

Short version; make him a physical and magical god with stats well beyond anything presently displayed in Zelda. I'll make a list of things that would be nonsense when compared;

Blowing up volcanoes
freezing active volcanoes solid
Taking a direct hit which destroys the castle he happens to be in and being unmarked.
Destroying islands
Freezing cities solid
Shaking entire valleys
Telekinetically levitating castles passively
Being thrown miles and colliding with solid surfaces unhurt
Resisting country-sized time stops
Physically shattering barriers that can hold back millions of tons of water
Creating a planet wide seal separating the earth from the sky
Creating storms that cover entire oceans

Congratulations. erm

Blight
All of these things were done by link in the same game? What Link are you using again?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>