The Blue Oyster Bar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Use this thread to bullshit with each other and to offer suggestions to me, your moderator, about how we can improve our beta AVF!

XanatosForever
...Oh why not. First! *stabs a flag into the thread declaring #1* stick out tongue

Newjak
Cool I was wondering when this would pop up stick out tongue

the ninjak
This is the best forum EVER! Couldn't be happier. You rock Impman!

We should also use Comic versus rules.

-No environment means fights take place in a featureless environment.
-CIS Character Induced Stupidity and PIS Plot Induced Stupidity rules in effect.
-Bloodlust for characters going all out.
-BFR Battlefield Removal in effect and if characters are placed in an environment with no BFR they should'nt necesserily go straight into the fight if the environment can help aid their shot at winning.

Robtard
This thread needs a proper and hilarious name.

Impediment
"Robtard's Closet"?

Impediment
Originally posted by the ninjak
This is the best forum EVER! Couldn't be happier. You rock Impman!

We should also use Comic versus rules.

-No environment means fights take place in a featureless environment.
-CIS Character Induced Stupidity and PIS Plot Induced Stupidity rules in effect.
-Bloodlust for characters going all out.
-BFR Battlefield Removal in effect and if characters are placed in an environment with no BFR they should'nt necesserily go straight into the fight if the environment can help aid their shot at winning.

Those seem legit to me. I'll work on amending the rules this weekend.

Lek Kuen
I wanted this for a while, but now I can't think of a good thread.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
"Robtard's Closet"?

"My, isn't this a lovely tea party"

Blight
Originally posted by Robtard
"My, isn't this a lovely tea party"
Second.

Impediment
Don't you mean "Oh, what a lovely tea party!"

Robtard
Don't you mean "Oh, what a lovely tea party!"

Whatever that ****ing gay scene from Jay and Silent Bob is, you assclown.

XanatosForever
"Off Topic GET"

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by XanatosForever
"Off Topic GET" This.

Lestov16
I must ask, why didn't you just convert the MVF into the AVF?

Impediment
Because the MVF, while slow, is still active.

The Foreign Cinema forum is as dead as Heath Ledger.

Robtard
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2006_Candy/Thumb/006CND_Heath_Ledger_064.jpg

Lestov16
No, a joke like "Tony Scott must have jumped into LA Harbor is because he was a Man on Fire", would be too soon. A Heath Ledger joke is quite appropriate in comparison.

Robtard

Nephthys
Forgive them Ledger, they know not what they say.

Newjak
The Ghost of Ledgers past shall attack Imp

BruceSkywalker
I feel I can let loose now..

bring it on stick out tongue

Impediment
I just updated the rules of the AVF. They should come in handy for any potential clusterf*cks.

Let me know if you have any good ideas for rules that will help the flow in here.

the ninjak
"Oh what a lovely tea party huh"?

Great movie.

"In prison he'll be the pie" was funnier though. stick out tongue

Damborgson

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1045/1246090349470.jpg

the ninjak
BatsKilmer that cheeky bastard!

He has no shame.

dadudemon
Because the MVF, while slow, is still active.

The Foreign Cinema forum is as dead as Heath Ledger.

Oh shit. That's just...so wrong.

So am I going to hell for laughing? sad

Impediment
W2EGpFIww2g

ScreamPaste
Hm.

I still think it should have been called "Off Topic GET!" But I might be biased, being from the VG section.

Nephthys
I saw that edit. wink

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Neph winning over the Comic versus guys with his chubby girl swagger and Batman jokes.

The nature of Nephthys was.... irrepressible!

I'm so cool.

AuraAngel
You guys are lame.

LAME.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nephthys
I saw that edit. wink

The nature of Nephthys was.... irrepressible!

I'm so cool. I'm tired and meant to post that in the other thread, damnit.

Impediment
I'm revising the rules and need some input.

I need opinions about Battle Field Removal.

Can any of the CBVF people educate me about BFR and why it is ruled against?

What about Harry Potter wizards who "apparate" and leave the battle field?

Lek Kuen
I'm revising the rules and need some input.

I need opinions about Battle Field Removal.

Can any of the CBVF people educate me about BFR and why it is ruled against?

What about Harry Potter wizards who "apparate" and leave the battle field?

BFR is when someone is forcibly removed from the battlefield and can't get back in a reasonable amount of time. An Example would be superman throwing someone into space, A wizard trapping someone in another realm, Blink teleporting someone to the ocean. If said character can make it back under their own power then the BFR doesn't equal a win.

People say No BFR when they have a character fighting someone who can easily BFR them and don't want that for an answer. Some consider it a cheap win, some others view it as valid since it happens alot. I say leave it up to the Thread starter.

Nephthys
Edit: Beaten like a dead pony.

Sometimes a character can't beat their opponent straight-up in a fight but can remove them from the fight, effectively winning. Like if Superman couldn't put down the Hulk he could win the fight by just throwing him into space.

But it doesn't count if the character can return to the fight within a reasonable amount of time under their own power. If Supes tried that with a wizard they could just apparate back, so they wouldn't actually lose. And if a wizard apparates out they can easily apparate back. So the BFR rule wouldn't apply in either case.

That is my understanding of it anyway.

Impediment
Sweet.

What about the age old Rogue Jedi tactic of Harry Potter wizards apparating off of the battle field to avoid inevitable defeat?

ScreamPaste
Edit: Beaten like a dead pony.

Someone got beat

ScreamPaste
Sweet.

What about the age old Rogue Jedi tactic of Harry Potter wizards apparating off of the battle field to avoid inevitable defeat? That's a forfeit/self BFR.

Nephthys
I think it would also count if we go by the old Rogue Jedi argument of apparate away, get a ****ton of prep done, brew luck potions etc and then apparate back.

Thats not reasonable. If they do that then its a completely different thread imo.

Impediment
Felix Felicius is bullshit and won't be allowed.

Nephthys
Dude ****ing loved that stuff.

Also, Hall of Prophecies. sick

Lek Kuen
I think it would also count if we go by the old Rogue Jedi argument of apparate away, get a ****ton of prep done, brew luck potions etc and then apparate back.

Thats not reasonable. If they do that then its a completely different thread imo.
Yeah willingly leaving the fight to get outside help/gear/prep. Is a loss.

Pwned
Makes sense.

What about time travel/reality hopping? (I'm looking at YOU, Deadpool) I mean, otherwise it could be, "Deadpool goes back in time and shoots Banner's parents." or, "Deadpool hops in from an alternate reality and kills Batman and McClane" (In a Batman vs McClane fight) (I think that would be quite funny. The Deadpool part, I mean.)

the ninjak
Time travel counts as BFR, they are leaving the battlescene. Even if it's appears instantaneous to the opponents.

BFR is taking into account the battlezone the fight takes place in.

If it's a wrestling ring or an arena it's obvious.
If it's something like New York City if Superman flies into orbit he loses automatically. Superman's famous time travel feat is BFR.

Zack Fair
Kind of lame to restrict Superman/healds/fliers to a lose if they go into the atmosphere.

Especially when Superman can comfortably chill in space and headshot people with his heat vision.

the ninjak
Well people like Supes shouldn't need to go into the atmosphere if the OP states an environment.

But BFR is BFR. If a battleground is given the combatant can't leave it, lest they forfeit the fight.

Zack Fair
Well people like Supes shouldn't need to go into the atmosphere if the OP states an environment.

But BFR is BFR. If a battleground is given the combatant can't leave it, lest they forfeit the fight.

Why shouldn't he? I think its taking it too far. Its not like Superman is traveling to another planet or searching for an item to give him a win. He can do it under his own power.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Why shouldn't he? I think its taking it too far. Its not like Superman is traveling to another planet or searching for an item to give him a win. He can do it under his own power.

Because BFR is BFR. You can't leave the battlezone lest you forfeit. Regardless of speed or ability.

Its a fundamental rule. And it can't be broken.
No BFR means no such limits. BFR means if anyone goes outside it's over.

AuraAngel
What if he just goes up there to think?

Pwned
Or maybe have a tea party?

the ninjak
Originally posted by AuraAngel
What if he just goes up there to think?
stick out tongue
Then he's thinking about why he lost the fight. You spaz.

Lek Kuen
Flying depends on the Arena. For example if the setting is all of new York he should be able to fly into the sky of it but not leave the planet. If its a dome, Obviosuly he can't fly out of it. But being above the arena ground is legit unless the op says otherwise.

Pwned
It just occurred to me, but technically, couldn't we use characters from table top games such as Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons?

And if so, how would we classify their feats? (As separated from their, "feats"wink

XanatosForever
Already been going on.

The best way to establish feats for tabletop characters is to use other, more "consistent" medium such as novels. If characters demonstrate consistent abilities through rule revisions they could be made as a case, I would think, as well.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Pwned
It just occurred to me, but technically, couldn't we use characters from table top games such as Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons?

And if so, how would we classify their feats? (As separated from their, "feats"wink There is in fact lore for several beings in DnD or Pathfinder.

Tharizdun for example is a legitimate Multiversal threat, capable of annuling all reality if not stopped/imprisoned.

Damborgson
http://www.ratemyfunnypictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/found-water-640x635.jpg

Impediment
You people need to spread the word to all of the rest of the CBVS and VGVS people to get things really going!

Yeah, that's right. I said "You people."

ScreamPaste
You people need to spread the word to all of the rest of the CBVS and VGVS people to get things really going!

Yeah, that's right. I said "You people." Non-movie-v.s.-regulars? uhuh

Hm. I hereby voluntell someone else to do it.

The Scenario
All of the VGVS regulars are already here.

There's like ten of us.

Damborgson

Yeah, that's right. I said "You people."

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/696/96747749.jpg

Impediment

Damborgson
laughing out loud

quanchi112
I don't have the time I used to so let's get this on. If you disagree with me prepare yourself.

AuraAngel
And so my having the most popular Vs thread on this forum will come to an end.

Kinda sad.

ScreamPaste
Nah, don't worry, Aura. Most of us have Quanchi on ignore anyway. It's better that way.

Gecko4lif
This convo is still suckling on the teat

Ill com back in 300 or so pages when you guys have a proper circle jerk of hate going

AuraAngel
Nah, don't worry, Aura. Most of us have Quanchi on ignore anyway. It's better that way.

Awww.

It's fun watching you guys though.

Damborgson
Originally posted by quanchi112
I don't have the time I used to so let's get this on. If you disagree with me prepare yourself.

Where you been Quan? I don't see you as much on the vs forum either.

ScreamPaste
Awww.

It's fun watching you guys though. Less fun being us. You can practically tell the winner of a thread by figuring out who Quan supports and giving the nod to the other guy.

AuraAngel
Less fun being us. You can practically tell the winner of a thread by figuring out who Quan supports and giving the nod to the other guy.

Well not strictly true, since it is entirely possible that his pick is right.

But don't expect any glorious debate since it's about as productive as punching a brick wall several times.

Must say, I am jealous. He doesn't seem to like anything I like so I have no opportunity to do anything but observe.

Barker
Seems like this forum would be exploding with action. Anyone else a little disappointed so far?

the ninjak
Easily the best episode besides when they each try to drink a gallon of milk.

UlbT3NZRjtc

Blight
This is a fun Forum.

Originally posted by Barker
Seems like this forum would be exploding with action. Anyone else a little disappointed so far?

Maybe people are a bit apprehensive about the "Foreign" name??

I intend to post more here.

Impediment
I'm sure things will pick up soon.

Blight
I can't create any more threads for the remainder of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!

Fine! I WON'T try to help the forum out uhuh

Nephthys
I'm trying to think of some good fights but all the one's I can think of are pretty one-sided.

Would Neo vs Dante (DMC) be a good fight or would Dante utterly own him?

Lek Kuen
What level is Guts from Berserk?

Impediment
Who could take Broly?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
What level is Guts from Berserk? He has transsonic to low level supersonic reaction-time, he is about class 10 in terms of the force he puts out swinging his Dragon Slayer (Can cut dozens of armoured men in half with a single swing), and shit. With the Berserker Armour, he is stronger still, capable of overpowering and pushing back a very large (I'd guess like 50 tons ore more), dragon-like Apostle, and he could tank attacks from Emperor Ganishka, who can destroy city blocks with his lightning pew pew.

Nephthys
Who could take Broly?

Superman. awepeach

Impediment
Who is the fastest of the Twifag vamps? Is 616 Quicksilver too much for them?

NemeBro
Who is the fastest of the Twifag vamps? Is 616 Quicksilver too much for them? Pretty sure it is Edward Cullen.

the ninjak
Quicksilver was always better personally.
But recently he got amps. Including being able to create multiples of himself via manipulating timelines! He's since lost it though and now he seems faster than usual.

And in regards to the Twifags. The only thing I know is that Edward was considered "fast" by the moms but then again I don't read that shit. He got beat by that guy who played Colossus in the X-men films though.

quanchi112
Nah, don't worry, Aura. Most of us have Quanchi on ignore anyway. It's better that way. Yeah, because ignoring people is soo much fun. Look at your ghost town of a vs. forum. Well done. Originally posted by Damborgson
Where you been Quan? I don't see you as much on the vs forum either. Don't have the time I used to. I also argued comics versus for over 5 years on two boards. Need something fresh.

XanatosForever
Of all the cast or just the Cullens? If the latter, I believe Edward or Bella after she's "turned" would count. Ed would have the advantage of telepathy.

I'm not sure on quicksilver's standing, though he can probably give a better fight than others.

Lek Kuen
Lately I haven't been keeping up with much stuff so I can't think of many good threads. I'll debate the shit out of an Iron Fist or Slayers thread though.

ScreamPaste
I'm looking for anything interesting, really. I'll learn new characters for the sake of it, I miss having new people to debate.

XanatosForever
Lately I haven't been keeping up with much stuff so I can't think of many good threads. I'll debate the shit out of an Iron Fist or Slayers thread though.

I'd been considering a Ryu v Iron Fist, but I think Danny might be too much for the street fighter.

Lek Kuen
I'd been considering a Ryu v Iron Fist, but I think Danny might be too much for the street fighter. Given the kind of things I hear about street fighters he should be able to fight Danny just fine.

NemeBro
I don't know a whole lot about Iron Fist.

Ryu though is a multi-city block buster if we powerscale off of Chun-Li, is supersonic+, superhuman physically, etc.

Nephthys
Iron Fist wins though.

He is simply the best there is.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by NemeBro
I don't know a whole lot about Iron Fist.

Ryu though is a multi-city block buster if we powerscale off of Chun-Li, is supersonic+, superhuman physically, etc. Iron fist can one shot the hellicarrier, knock out herc, drop Luke cage, be unscathed from colliding with a train. Be untouched by volleys of machine gun fire and inhuman archers at the same time. Parry dozens of flechettes at once. Can cut things with his chops. Can amp his durability. And can absorb energy.

Blight
Iron fist can one shot the hellicarrier, knock out herc, drop Luke cage, be unscathed from colliding with a train. Be untouched by volleys of machine gun fire and inhuman archers at the same time. Parry dozens of flechettes at once. Can cut things with his chops. Can amp his durability. And can absorb energy.

He also has a bigger penis hmm

NemeBro
Not true, I've seen the doujins.

Lek Kuen
Yeah Ryu is bigger. But Danny's chi puts him over Ryu in a sexual contest

ScreamPaste
Post feats for a character that contradict preconceived notions--->It gets pit against a planet buster. Cool story.

the ninjak
Didn't Ironfist require amp time to do such feats?

Like the Helicarrier feat. He was charging for ages in a helicopter before he could do such a feat.
In a face to face match-up Ryu would Chi blast him before he pulled off such a huge feat.
Then again I'm basing this off the heli feat.

NemeBro
That's true, he was unable to satisfy Chun-Li due to being a 40 year old virgin who never bathes.

Blight
Post feats for a character that contradict preconceived notions--->It gets pit against a planet buster. Cool story. Sour

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Blight
Sour Annoyed, yes.

Robtard
Not true, I've seen the doujins.

Why are you looking at cartoon penis? Phag.

AuraAngel
Quit being annoyed Maxie. My favorites are getting any threads at all. Dun see me whining. :T

Lek Kuen
Didn't Ironfist require amp time to do such feats?

Like the Helicarrier feat. He was charging for ages in a helicopter before he could do such a feat.
In a face to face match-up Ryu would Chi blast him before he pulled off such a huge feat.
Then again I'm basing this off the heli feat. The majority of amping Danny does is nigh instantly. Ocassionaly he's drawn charging but he normally doesn't need to.

Nephthys
Post feats for a character that contradict preconceived notions--->It gets pit against a planet buster. Cool story.

It would probably help if you backed up what you claim with evidence.

Unless you're just ignoring me, in which case cry.

Quit being annoyed Maxie. My favorites are getting any threads at all. Dun see me whining. :T

Tell me your favorites so that I might smite them.

XanatosForever
The majority of amping Danny does is nigh instantly. Ocassionaly he's drawn charging but he normally doesn't need to.

In that case, I'll probably put up a thread for him soon. It should attract the fighting game debaters, so even more fresh blood.

the ninjak
The majority of amping Danny does is nigh instantly. Ocassionaly he's drawn charging but he normally doesn't need to.

Fine. I was reflecting on the helicarrier feat.

NemeBro
In that case, I'll probably put up a thread for him soon. It should attract the fighting game debaters, so even more fresh blood. No End and the like don't post all that much, I'm the only fighting game player who really posts fairly regularly that I can think of.

XanatosForever
True, still, if they see this place is around maybe they'll participate more. *shrug*

Lek Kuen
In that case, I'll probably put up a thread for him soon. It should attract the fighting game debaters, so even more fresh blood.
Thinking more about it, if Ryu is anywhere near what I hear about akuma's physical strength then it's a big mistmatch.

ScreamPaste
http://www.randompics.net/wp-content/main/2012_07/v4dJI.jpg

the ninjak
Thinking more about it, if Ryu is anywhere near what I hear about akuma's physical strength then it's a big mistmatch.

Make the thread it should be fun.

BruceSkywalker

do it, the thread will be a blast

AuraAngel
Just for clarification on this topic:

In terms of video game feats, the general rules I have seen imply that Cutscene>Scripted Gameplay>Normal Gameplay.

As far as games go, this seems to be how the pecking order goes. Obviously there are a few hang ups, like in game flavor text that can be argued over. On average though, the above seems to be the normal way things work, or at least how they work in the VGVF. It's a good system and most of us from there will be arguing under that principle. Any problems?

Lek Kuen
Seems good to me

Robtard
Any problems?

Just as long as Master Chief can use his 'flip over a Scorpion tank', cool.

NemeBro
Actually, canon sources state MC can only lift two tons, lol.

Robtard
Actually, canon sources state MC can only lift two tons, lol.

Stop gimping MC of his feats.

Nephthys
Which Link is the best physically?

Robtard

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1451/tumblrlpkds4zuiq1qfed3s.jpg

Nephthys
Is-is that his penis at the bottom there?

Lives depend on your answer.

Robtard
It's the upper shaft of said penis.

NemeBro
Wanna fap.

Is the bottom cut off, or is that it?

Robtard
i just googled "Zelda Sexy Link", there's probably a version with penis showing somewhere if you need to whack it to a cartoon elf.

The Scenario

It's still Ocarina of Time Link with the Golden Gauntlets. Strongest without items is Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword (via powerscale) Link. Most durable is probably Wind Waker, edging out Twilight Princess.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by The Scenario
It's still Ocarina of Time Link with the Golden Gauntlets. Strongest without items is Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword (via powerscale) Link. Most durable is probably Wind Waker, edging out Twilight Princess. I'd actually contend TP Link as physically strongest. mmm

OoT Link is a pretty good all around Link though.

Nephthys
Well ok, I was going to make a semi-joke thread with a guy who'd kick Links ass with a puppet, but I don't want to be seen picking as on Link.

Maybe I'll pick on McClane instead. mmm

ScreamPaste
Well ok, I was going to make a semi-joke thread with a guy who'd kick Links ass with a puppet, but I don't want to be seen picking as on Link.

Maybe I'll pick on McClane instead. mmm You already are seen that way. uhuh

Nah, but legit, my hands are full, too many Link threads. Make something else, or at least a good thread.

Nephthys
No one gets as worked up over other characters, so it won't be as funny. sad

The Scenario
Would anyone object to limit on certain threads? It doesn't need to be official, but there could be a guideline of not making a new thread if there are already several really active threads featuring the same characters.

What I mean is stop making so many Link threads, people. While Bro and Lil'Cal might be funny I don't think it'd go anywhere.

Nephthys
Fair play, fair play...... mmm

NemeBro
Who is Lil'Cal?

And am I Bro?

Nephthys
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/19736/307809-lil_cal_vs_nightmare_super.gif

Lil Cal is the puppet.

Bro is the coolest Homestuck character. He beats people up with Lil Cal; because thats just how cool he is.

NemeBro
Homestuck is gay.

Nephthys
Bro is gay, yes.

quanchi112

Maybe I'll pick on McClane instead. mmm You just gave me an idea. Bless you.

Lek Kuen
How powerful is the Emperor of Man?

Nephthys
Solar system level. His telepathic and energy attacks are equivalent to being "focused as a laser and more destructive than a supernova" and this was performed when he was in a near death state. Plus he beat the Void Dragon, arguably the most powerful of the C'tan.

Blight
I will very much miss John Coffey sad he was only 54

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Impediment
Was is a heart attack?

NemeBro
Solar system level. His telepathic and energy attacks are equivalent to being "focused as a laser and more destructive than a supernova" and this was performed when he was in a near death state. Plus he beat the Void Dragon, arguably the most powerful of the C'tan. All of this is bullshit.

dadudemon
I think this place is working out...except for McClane vs. Bauer thread.

Everyone is quite civil and this place is booming. I suspect it will run out of steam, though. But, glad to see everyone getting along.

Blight
How will it run out of steam? They have such a wide variety to choose from.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blight
How will it run out of steam? They have such a wide variety to choose from. Once the newness wears off I think he might be right. Some will stay on but it won't have the same glisten and shine like in the first couple of weeks.

the ninjak
Negative much?

I think this thread is here to stay smile

Ridley_Prime
Was is a heart attack?
Yep. He will be missed.

Impediment
The AVF is brand new and is in it's larval stage, so to speak. We just need to wait and I'm sure the flow will pick up. I'm quite happy with the activity we've had, thus far.

Blight
Me dos.

quanchi112
Negative much?

I think this thread is here to stay smile I think it is here to stay I just think activity might die down. Not like I want it to die down.

ScreamPaste
Can we start closing intentional spite threads?

Impediment
Can we start closing intentional spite threads?

Such as?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>