Uncanny Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Seen the first sketches.

Is Avalanche a villain again? I thought he reformed.

Damborgson
http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/07/05/Uncanny-Avengers_810.jpg

bleh

-Pr-
Ugh.

Kazenji
Looking foward to it.

Kazenji
Rick talks Uncanny Avengers, Confirms Apocalypse And Kang As Villains

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=66609

So i guess the new brotherhood in Uncanny X-Force, Succeeds in transforming Genesis into Apoc.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ugh.

Originally posted by Damborgson

bleh

What's the problem? Do you idiots not know who Remender or Cassaday are? confused

-Pr-
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
What's the problem? Do you idiots not know who Remender or Cassaday are? confused

Don't bash.

Second, I hate the line-up.

Kazenji
I'm sure you'll get over it, After you realise how well its written and drawn.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm sure you'll get over it, After you realise how well its written and drawn.

Doubt it.

Kazenji
Oh boo hoo.

-Pr-
Oh boo hoo.

shrug

Tzeentch._

bleh That line-up looks like shit.

Love me some Scarlett Witch though.

Buut the line-up looks like shit.

Kazenji
shrug

Just being stubborn aren't you, Regardless of what people have been saying about Remender and Cassaday.

-Pr-
Just being stubborn aren't you, Regardless of what people have been saying about Remender and Cassaday.

It isn't about the writing and art; it's the roster.

Deadline
If the writings good do we really give a shit about the roster?

StiltmanFTW
I don't mind the line-up.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Deadline
If the writings good do we really give a shit about the roster? Yes, obviously people aren't going to want to read something with chars they don't like or a team they don't like. Characters do matter to people

AlmightyKfish
I don't understand why they're changing Havok's costume back to his terrible old one, when the more recent one is much, much better.

StiltmanFTW
I kinda like his classic costume.

Kazenji
Also which costume will they be using for Captain America, One picture it looks like his Ultimate design and another one where he looks pretty much as he does in the 616.

Damborgson
What's the problem? Do you idiots not know who Remender or Cassaday are? confused **** up. I dont like the story behind uncanny avengers and I dont think it should exsist at all. Good writers can only work with crap so much.

AlmightyKfish
**** up. I dont like the story behind uncanny avengers and I dont think it should exsist at all. Good writers can only work with crap so much.

Dan Slott and OMD proves that wrong.

And arguably, so does Remender and X-force, as the whole "X-men who kill" is a pretty weak story concept in an of itself, or at least one that has been done to death in less than stellar ways before.

I mean sure it's purely your opinion, but saying there's only so much a writer can do with a poor concept isn't exactly true.

srankmissingnin
**** up. I dont like the story behind uncanny avengers and I dont think it should exsist at all. Good writers can only work with crap so much.

Seriously? facepalm

The "story" behind Uncanny X-Men is essentially a vehicle for character driven story telling, focusing on strained inter personal relationships of a group of people who don't like each other at the moment while they try to mend fences. Written by Rick Remender. But you can blood from a stone! dur

I question the taste and intelligence of anyone who identifies as a comic book fan, but is not excited for this book.

Go watch Naruto.

Damborgson
Seriously? facepalm

The "story" behind Uncanny X-Men is essentially a vehicle for character driven story telling, focusing on strained inter personal relationships of a group of people who don't like each other at the moment while they try to mend fences. Written by Rick Remender. But you can blood from a stone! dur

I question the taste and intelligence of anyone who identifies as a comic book fan, but is not excited for this book.

Go watch Naruto.

someones feathers got ruffled. How cute. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/innuendur.gif

why do you put story in " " lol? Is it not a story now? It's based on something that never was or should have been. The avengers have put themselves on the line for the mutants many times before. Even taking in the most well known mutant terrorists children into their roster. It can be rationalized however you want, but this story shouldn't have happened.

Luckily your opinion is so worthless to me I barely have the will to respond. thumb up But please continue to pretend like your something special by getting all excited for an uninteresting story and criticizng anyone who disagrees with you. After all those are sure sings of intelligence amirite?
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/dur.gif

Go blow Wolverine.Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Dan Slott and OMD proves that wrong.

And arguably, so does Remender and X-force, as the whole "X-men who kill" is a pretty weak story concept in an of itself, or at least one that has been done to death in less than stellar ways before.

I mean sure it's purely your opinion, but saying there's only so much a writer can do with a poor concept isn't exactly true.

If it comes out good I'll be happy. But I won't hold my breath and expect it to happen.

I'll be looking into it and if it comes out interesting, then sure I'll pick it up or buy it or something, but I'm skeptical from what has been produced lately, and I don't think I'm to off base to be so.

But like you said, it's my opinion. I certainly won't judge whoever reads or likes it even I don't.

Bouboumaster

bleh

Well, at least... No Spider-Man.

-K-M-
Don't care for the line-up, but I will give it a chance. I have faith it still will be better then Bendis' Avengers.

Also Havok is the team leader, not Captain America which is interesting. Also this isn't the final line-up....

"Brevoort says that the six characters seen so far — Havok, Rogue, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Captain America and Thor — are not the only members of the team, and more will be showing up."

iceman24567
F the lineup look at that drawing style bleh

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

thumb up thumb up thumb up

iceman24567
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up thumb up thumb up It probably won't last long so don't get your hopes up

peejayd
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

* Spidey's been an Avenger and an FF, close ties with the X-men, but never been a member... good he's not a mutant... however, Wolverine (again) is here, oh my... an Avenger and an X-man, i bet in the next few years, he'll be in FF (not to mention he was in new FF with Hulk, Ghost Rider and uh, Spidey too)...

* i hope someday, i'll be the one to say --- "Well, at least... No Wolverine"... laughing

* seriously, this comic would the continuing epilogue for the AvX... and i hope they'll make this good... nice to see Havok leading eventhough Cap and Logan is around... good move on that part...

* also, after this event, i would be hoping that the X-men would also get its fair share of good light in the human community, another force to be depended upon when there's a threat, not only the Avengers...

StiltmanFTW
I'm glad to see Havok, too.

Kazenji
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2672/619659.gif

All the people jumping on the hate band wagon so fast.....

srankmissingnin
someones feathers got ruffled. How cute. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/innuendur.gif

why do you put story in " " lol? Is it not a story now? It's based on something that never was or should have been. The avengers have put themselves on the line for the mutants many times before. Even taking in the most well known mutant terrorists children into their roster. It can be rationalized however you want, but this story shouldn't have happened.

Luckily your opinion is so worthless to me I barely have the will to respond. thumb up But please continue to pretend like your something special by getting all excited for an uninteresting story and criticizing anyone who disagrees with you. After all those are sure sings of intelligence amirite?
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/dur.gif

Go blow Wolverine.

Story is in "quotes", because that isn't what the story is about. That was a very lose premise to drive the narrative, and serve as the foundation of the actually story, which is about the reemergence of Red Skull, and his anti mutant stance. It's asinine in to judge the merits of the story under that loss premise. That's like if all you knew about Harry Potter was that it was about high school wizards, and based on that you rendered your verdict on the merits of the story.

The difference between a "terrorist" and a "freedom fighter" all comes down to the perspective of the individually who is judging. Is Nelson Mandela a terrorist? Because he lead a Guerrilla war, and engaged in arms smuggling, bombs and commanded groups that murdered under his orders. Is Magneto a terrorist, or a freedom fighter? It's up to everyone to decide on their own... but history has proven him right and vindicated him about a dozen times already... plus he has "reformed." Not that Wanda should be judged by actions of her father, anymore than Thor is responsible for the actions of his brother. Wanda has her own crosses to bare, Magneto's actions are the least of her problem.

Most people tend to get excited interesting story premises, written by one of the best writers active in the industry, drawn by one of the best writers in the industry... but I guess you are a too cool for school hipster d-bag who prefers to dismiss things off hand? That's your prerogative I guess... enjoy combing your mustache, and being terrible.

I heard Scorsese is working on another movie? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. dur

Also, just FYI its standard practice to try and top someones insult if you are going to attempt a come back. If you are complaining about a story sounding stupid... and you are rocking a set from a horribly written children's anime that makes Dragonball Z look like the work of Robert E Howard... you need to come up with a better come back then "You like Wolverine!" Believe it!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qvgeSQXm1rcoahoo1_500.png

-Pr-
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2672/619659.gif

All the people jumping on the hate band wagon so fast.....

People are free not to like the lineup.

Golgo13
Still not sold on the lineup. Everything seems so forced.

Kazenji
People are free not to like the lineup.

And i'm not forcing them to dislike the lineup.

Golgo13

What?? Anyway, I'll give it a shot. It's almost a guarantee that it will be better than Bendis's Avengers.

-Pr-

Nobody said you were, so why whine about it?

Deadline
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Yes, obviously people aren't going to want to read something with chars they don't like or a team they don't like. Characters do matter to people

It's writers that make you like or dislike a character. I don't like Deadpool but Remender made me like him.

Also there are reasons why he choose the line-up. Theres a lot more going on.

Lek Kuen
It's writers that make you like or dislike a character. I don't like Deadpool but Remender made me like him.
But if you haven't liked the characters under other writers why randomly give it a try under a new one unless what he says interests you? If you don't like a team's make up, or the story idea for it obviously it's not going to be something your drawn into trying.

Deadline
But if you haven't liked the characters under other writers why randomly give it a try under a new one unless what he says interests you?

B-because he's a good writer? It's not random, like I said before I know that Remender is a good writer which is why I don't care about the line-up. Thats the whole premise of my argument its the writer that makes the story not the line-up.

Lek Kuen
B-because he's a good writer? It's not random, like I said before I know that Remender is a good writer which is why I don't care about the line-up. Thats the whole premise of my argument its the writer that makes the story not the line-up.
But it does have something to do with it, if there's a story premise or characters that people aren't interested in they aren't likely to pick it just because a different writer is doing it. You can say he's good but doesn't mean everyone loves him, or cares about him more then other ones. Characters are a big part of story, while yes a writer can make a character more interesting, the fact is that story and characters are going to be what makes most people decide to look at the comic or not unless they follow a specific writer. Myself I'm not going to read this because f other issues, but I don't see the problem some are having with people not liking the Line up. It is there first impression of it, and if story and line up don't interest them, why not leave it at that?

Deadline
But it does have something to do with it, if there's a story premise or characters that people aren't interested in they aren't likely to pick it just because a different writer is doing it.

According to who? You obvoulsy don't like Remender that much. Obvoulsy there are going to be exceptions.

You can say he's good but doesn't mean everyone loves him, or cares about him more then other ones.

Yes, if some people like the writer less than they're going to be less motivated to buy the issue.

Characters are a big part of story, while yes a writer can make a character more interesting, the fact is that story and characters are going to be what makes most people decide to look at the comic or not

Writers create the story and the personality of the character. If a writer sucks even if you like the character you will stop buying that comic.

unless they follow a specific writer.

Not sure how this helps your argument. I thought that was kinda my point if you know a writer is good it will give you more of an incentive to buy that comic.

Myself I'm not going to read this because f other issues, but I don't see the problem some are having with people not liking the Line up. It is there first impression of it, and if story and line up don't interest them, why not leave it at that?

Because it's a discussion forum. If you don't like Remender and you're neutral obvoulsy you're not going to want to buy the comic. However if you know Remender is a good writer and you still don't want to buy it that seems kinda shallow to me.

I'm not really arguing about the story my beef is people not wanting to buy it soley on the line-up.

-Pr-
I don't see how it's shallow tbh.

Why read a comic about characters you have no interest in?

Remender could write the most interesting Havok in the world, but it's still Havok at the end of the day.

Damborgson
Story is in "quotes", because that isn't what the story is about. That was a very lose premise to drive the narrative, and serve as the foundation of the actually story, which is about the reemergence of Red Skull, and his anti mutant stance. It's asinine in to judge the merits of the story under that loss premise. That's like if all you knew about Harry Potter was that it was about high school wizards, and based on that you rendered your verdict on the merits of the story.

The difference between a "terrorist" and a "freedom fighter" all comes down to the perspective of the individually who is judging. Is Nelson Mandela a terrorist? Because he lead a Guerrilla war, and engaged in arms smuggling, bombs and commanded groups that murdered under his orders. Is Magneto a terrorist, or a freedom fighter? It's up to everyone to decide on their own... but history has proven him right and vindicated him about a dozen times already... plus he has "reformed." Not that Wanda should be judged by actions of her father, anymore than Thor is responsible for the actions of his brother. Wanda has her own crosses to bare, Magneto's actions are the least of her problem.

Most people tend to get excited interesting story premises, written by one of the best writers active in the industry, drawn by one of the best writers in the industry... but I guess you are a too cool for school hipster d-bag who prefers to dismiss things off hand? That's your prerogative I guess... enjoy combing your mustache, and being terrible.

I heard Scorsese is working on another movie? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. dur

Also, just FYI its standard practice to try and top someones insult if you are going to attempt a come back. If you are complaining about a story sounding stupid... and you are rocking a set from a horribly written children's anime that makes Dragonball Z look like the work of Robert E Howard... you need to come up with a better come back then "You like Wolverine!" Believe it!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qvgeSQXm1rcoahoo1_500.png
Aaannnnnnnnd.......

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/didnt-read-lol.gif

You're so easy to manipulate laughing out loud If I knew I could push your buttons this easily I'd do it more often. You eushing to the defense of your runt is just too cute.

But anyways, I don't waste my time arguing with typical trash that needs to believe it's worth something to avoid putting a bullet in it's head anymore skranky-pu. Barely even glanced at your post since I know it basically contained "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THE SAME STUFF I DO?! YOU MUST BE STUPID! WOLVERINE! D:<" lol.

Nice pic @ the end btw thumb up It's a good reflection of your entire history on here. (at least from what I've seen)

anywho, continue being....you. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'll even allow you to have that nice ego builder last word you're looking to get, since I know better than to spam up a thread arguing with something that thinks it's people. Later.

srankmissingnin
Aaannnnnnnnd.......

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/didnt-read-lol.gif

You're so easy to manipulate laughing out loud If I knew I could push your buttons this easily I'd do it more often. You eushing to the defense of your runt is just too cute.

But anyways, I don't waste my time arguing with typical trash that needs to believe it's worth something to avoid putting a bullet in it's head anymore skranky-pu. Barely even glanced at your post since I know it basically contained "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THE SAME STUFF I DO?! YOU MUST BE STUPID! WOLVERINE! D:<" lol.

Nice pic @ the end btw thumb up It's a good reflection of your entire history on here. (at least from what I've seen)

anywho, continue being....you. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'll even allow you to have that nice ego builder last word you're looking to get, since I know better than to spam up a thread arguing with something that thinks it's people. Later.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lel9mcJrqW1qzjix8.gif

Feel free to like what ever you want. I couldn't care less if your tastes fall in line with me, but if you are going to dismiss off hand an up coming project by two of the best creators working in the comic industry based on the roster, you are going to look stupid... and somebody is probably going to call you stupid. Maybe you aren't familiar with famous proverbs: Don't judge a book by it's cover, or There is no such thing as bad characters, just bad writers? I supposes it's possible, you don't come off as educated. Anyway, if it comes out and is bad (it won't be), then have it! Talk all the shit you want, because at that point you'll hypothetically be able to justify your asinine opinion... right now you just coming off as a hipster douchbag.

Freaking Weeaboos. roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
I don't see how it's shallow tbh.

Why read a comic about characters you have no interest in?

Remender could write the most interesting Havok in the world, but it's still Havok at the end of the day.

Geoff Johns made Booster Gold gold interesting. cool

-Pr-

...Well played.

JakeTheBank
I'm interested how Remender plans on having Thor interact and get more involved in the human/mutant affairs in the Marvel Universe. As a god, he's always been above technicalities (mortals are mortals), but it looks like he'll be placed in interesting situations with his teammates.

The roster doesn't bother me at all, either, though, I actually do hope it remains rather concise and limited.

Rewmac
Well I'm interested in the line-up, but only because of Wanda, Alex and Thor. I don't really have a problem with the other chracters, but Cap and Wolvie are clearly only in to get some sales.

Bentley
Kang will be a mayor villain on this... I would've preferred him to appear on Hickman's Avengers but Remender sounds like a decent choice to use him too.

Deadline

Yeah but it's still Booster Gold he could make him the most interesting Booster in the world but it's still Booster Gold. dur

Kazenji
Seen Rick's recent tweet

" I'm writing too many team books. This is brain murder."

SevenShackles
personally not a HUGE fan of the roster myself from first glance but its not horrible. in most cases where i didnt like the roster the characters in question ended up lending to the first arc or two validating their presence and then would either blend into the background or suffer from roster changes so i dont really let rosters play all to much of a big role in my opinion.. only matters if its a 'show stealer' sort of like spiderman being in the team and stealing the majority of the focus. thats no cool. but if he is simply being a member of the team and gives a one liner to remind us he is around when not taking part in the plot then cool.
so writing does matter just sad truth is some people wont pick up a comic at first due to who is on the cover. only after when others say its written well will they bother so i can see why people might question the opening line up a bit.

honestly i hear alot of my friends complain about how wolverine, spiderman and ironman are all over everything and they would love to see lesser characters get development and attention and those same people are the first ones to start barking at the sky when a team roster like this comes to be.

sorry for typos and any sort of pour sentence construction, rushing doing night shift biz.

Newjak
srankmissingnin and Damborgson your actions in this thread are getting out of hand so settle down before I have to warn/ban you.

You guys are both entitled to you opinions so leave at that.

Badabing
Yeah but it's still Booster Gold he could make him the most interesting Booster in the world but it's still Booster Gold. dur So? You're still Alfheim/Phantom Zone. sneer

biscuits

Kazenji
Coipel's Uncanny Avengers art

http://twitter.yfrog.com/odg70txj

Bentley
I hope he stays in the art until Kang shows up smile

Deadline
Originally posted by Badabing
So? You're still Alfheim/Phantom Zone. sneer

biscuits

ermm

Go pester somebody else.

Badabing
ermm

Go pester somebody else. durno

Deadline
durno

Serioulsy are you related to Pr or something? You're behaviour is disturbing.

Badabing
Serioulsy are you related to Pr or something? You're behaviour is disturbing. What's disturbing is you bringing another poster up for no reason. erm

Seek help. vin

the ninjak
Coipel's Uncanny Avengers art

http://twitter.yfrog.com/odg70txj

Avengers Assemble behind Wanda's t!ts! eek!

Deadline
What's disturbing is you bringing another poster up for no reason. erm

Seek help. vin

Oh I see so you didn't know that the post you responded to was indirectly about Pr? wink

Badabing
Oh I see so you didn't know that the post you responded to was indirectly about Pr? wink He's been informed. Prepare for war!

-Pr-
Oh I see so you didn't know that the post you responded to was indirectly about Pr? wink

What's disturbing is you bringing another poster up for no reason. erm

Seek help. vin

Lek Kuen
He just has a crush on you and doesn't know how to express it.

Kazenji
So they're dealing with the return of Red Skull for the first story.

Zack Fair
Wonder how Thor and Rogue are going to interact with each other.

Kazenji
Apparently there's a arc for this series which will make Dark Angel Saga stuff look very small in comparison.

the Darkone
Issue 1 was pretty damn good, especially at the end. The Red Skull does something so dastardly, he will make Wolverine his number one nemesis!!

Golgo13
I thought it was average at best. Not a spectacular way to start off with Marvel Now. I'll give it a few more issues, though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Golgo13
I thought it was average at best. Not a spectacular way to start off with Marvel Now. I'll give it a few more issues, though.

i haven't read the issue yet, but did they fight anyone?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i haven't read the issue yet, but did they fight anyone?

Brainwashed Avalanche in the preview.

the ninjak
What a CREEPY first issue! Red Skull's goons a freaky as heck. As they should be.

At least this issue dealt with Xavier's death in a way I saw fit. The other comics seemed to ignore the whole situation. sad

BruceSkywalker
Brainwashed Avalanche in the preview.

i'll finally read the issue later tonight

Kazenji
I'll pick it up this week from the shop

stopped going every week to the comic shop.

Kazenji
Is Wonderman & Sunfire joining the team?

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3664/687370311.jpg

Kazenji

Scythe
I liked it. Red Skull is one of my fave villains.

Kazenji
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5990/a72ehawceaaylru.jpg

Kazenji
a preview page for issue 2

https://dcomixologyssl.sslcs.cdngc.net/i/8688/32545/e98469367e31e2a82e5126963b4a158b.jpg?h=8b7b14a1e4d62bb0e6ce0373642c33a1

Oh no Thor's serious...

Bentley
Pft, go drink a latte Thor

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
Pft, go drink a latte Thor

laughing out loud

Newjak
a preview page for issue 2

https://dcomixologyssl.sslcs.cdngc.net/i/8688/32545/e98469367e31e2a82e5126963b4a158b.jpg?h=8b7b14a1e4d62bb0e6ce0373642c33a1

Oh no Thor's serious... So this means he will get knocked out every issue until he stops being serious.

Damborgson
laughing out loud basically.

Im not liking thors face in that issue. He's got the ssj3 brow, exvept hes about to get his ass kicked.

Newjak
Yeah is face is off, but I think if he had some actual eyebrows in that image it wouldn't be to bad.

TheGodKiller
What'll each of you do, if Bendis(assuming he's writing all this) finally decides to catch everyone by surprise and give Thor his uber moment?

JakeTheBank
It's Remender writing this, actually, not Bendis.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's Remender writing this, actually, not Bendis.
Is there hope?

JakeTheBank
Remender's done a great job I hear on X-Force, and I liked the first issue of this as well as the roster in general for the book.

I'll settle for having a good story more so than feats any day of the week regardless, but really, neither Remender nor Hickman is going to be worse than Bendis.

TheGodKiller
With Hickman, you can actually hope that Thor gets some good feats as Hickman always gives his characters their shining moments.

Don't know about Remender enough to comment on this one.

StiltmanFTW
I don't think Rick has written Thor before, but protagonists under his pen tend to look good most of the time, so you don't have to worry.

His Punisher and X-Force were great. Thunderbolts issue was more of a joke than anything.

JakeTheBank
I'm honestly more curious as to how Remender is going to handle Thor specifically reacting to the human/mutant animosity. It's been briefly touched upon by other writers, but Thor's never really been in the middle of it.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah is face is off, but I think if he had some actual eyebrows in that image it wouldn't be to bad.

agreed.

Newjak
I'm honestly more curious as to how Remender is going to handle Thor specifically reacting to the human/mutant animosity. It's been briefly touched upon by other writers, but Thor's never really been in the middle of it. That brief exchange Thor had in the scans is promising to me.

It made it sound like he was trying to let humanity go through it's growing stages/pains naturally, but now that people are trying to forcefully bring it to a head he is willing to interfere.

We'll see if that's how it works out though.

Damborgson
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/927389289.jpg

Red skull mind rape maybe?

TheGodKiller
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/927389289.jpg

Red skull mind rape maybe?
Are his misfortunes going to end in that one?

Golgo13
Another mind rape for Thor?

Damborgson
Not totally sure but its the only thing I can think it would be anyaway.

prof. X's brain is in the middle of all this and it already shut thor down pretty easy. I could see skull manipulating thor with it. Not to mention thor got all serious so he was destined for something to wrong.

the ninjak
Uncanny Avengers #2 ....What an awesome issue.

I was undecided by the choice of the first. Not the norm and extremely dark.

But this issue sold me as a fan of this series. Very solid.

-Red Skull clone with Xavier's brain...awesome.
-Rogue's escape and her thanking Remy as she did it was up there as one of the coolest escapes I've ever read. Reminded me of why I love reading comics. Remy was always in my top 3 fav Marvel characters because of his escapist tricks and with Rogue holding his memories for a long time I see her being an awesome Avenger in this series. Way to move forward.
-The outbreak of mutant murders because of the Red Skull's propaganda tactics was a genius piece of writing.
-And the above comments on how Thor could be controlled by the Skull is understandable considering the recent defeats he's received recently. Though Xavier proved he can be a high end telepath during the end of the AvX saga. And the fact that he shared a womb with Cassandra Nova proves the level of influence he is capable of.
Emma Frost recently failed to telepathically control Thor though I believe Nova's apparent further evolution in the mutant strain than high end mutants inside Xavier's potential shows that such a high end feat can be possible.

All round impressive issue. The best of the Marvel Now series.

Golgo13
So far Remender has disappointed me with Uncanny Avengers. I'm split, so I'll give it a few more issues. Definitely not as good as Uncanny X-Force.

JakeTheBank
Why has it disappointed you?

Lek Kuen
Not enough DC

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Not enough DC

laughing out loud

Golgo13
Why has it disappointed you?

I'm just not caring enough for the characters. Not a fan of the lineup, tbh.

JakeTheBank
I'm just not caring enough for the characters. Not a fan of the lineup, tbh.

Not enough A-Listers? Not enough B-Listers?

Seeing as the book is effectively an Avengers/X-Men amalgam team, the roster they've got is pretty solid to start off with. The extended roster even more so.

Golgo13
I don't know who I would put in there. I'm just not a fan or Rogue, Sunfire, Havok, etc... Maybe in the 90's, I would have, but Remender isn't doing enough for me to care about these characters.

I was a pretty big X-Fan. All the way up to the mid 00's, but I can care less about them now.

Hickman's Avengers is where it's at. Hopefully that will be good.

peejayd
* Alex taking the lead:

http://s7.postimage.org/46baxjiuj/008.jpg

* this is funny... Havok & Cap ---

http://s1.postimage.org/5aoyciv9r/015.jpg

* the best "holy sh!t" face Logan had:

http://s8.postimage.org/t6cz64g11/020.jpg

Bentley
So far Remender has disappointed me with Uncanny Avengers. I'm split, so I'll give it a few more issues. Definitely not as good as Uncanny X-Force.

Just wait for Kang to appear, hell will break lose.

srankmissingnin
Not enough DC

laughing

Zack Fair
Not totally sure but its the only thing I can think it would be anyaway.

prof. X's brain is in the middle of all this and it already shut thor down pretty easy. I could see skull manipulating thor with it. Not to mention thor got all serious so he was destined for something to wrong. lol

-Pr-
Not enough DC

laughing out loud

manorastroman
dunno how many of you play avengers alliance, but the most recent spec ops totally spoiled the comics.

i forget how to code, so SPOILER.......................................................................................................................................................................................

magneto is the newest available hero alongside havok. guess who the traitor in scott's team is?

pffffffftttttt. f ck you, bendis. i'm all about magneto character development, but not at the cost of flipping a terminally underrated and always dependable leader into an old-school genetic nationalist magneto type.

Kazenji
Originally posted by manorastroman
dunno how many of you play avengers alliance, but the most recent spec ops totally spoiled the comics.

Why is Red Skull involved?

Kazenji

Bentley
I'm pretty satisfied with Uncanny Avengers so far, specially since the new Rama Tut is going around pawning people, but to be honest the plots have been great so far.

Man, and to think I almost entirely gave up on the Avengers during most of Bendis's run.

Bentley
Kang is just awesome, here are the twins after getting some Kang training:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/5d30ea0i16158/prv16158_pg1.jpg
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/5d30ea0i16158/prv16158_pg2.jpg
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/5d30ea0i16158/prv16158_pg3.jpg
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/5d30ea0i16158/prv16158_pg4.jpg

the Darkone
Originally posted by Bentley
I'm pretty satisfied with Uncanny Avengers so far, specially since the new Rama Tut is going around pawning people, but to be honest the plots have been great so far.

Man, and to think I almost entirely gave up on the Avengers during most of Bendis's run.

Man I fell you on that one, but when I heard that Hickman was writing it, I was like thank God!!

Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
New Avengers

are the best titles, IMO better then JLA

psycho gundam
Not enough DC Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

i know, reported

Branlor Swift
As much as I don't like the whole Arishem angle they're going to play up... I can't not like this book.

It's so fun, and well written. It gives the feel of X-Force again.

Although killing off Arishem a month after killing off Tiamut... I'll be interested to see how they handle this in the future.

Bentley
I agree with the X-Force argument, I've never followed X-men titles, but that was a pretty good run, I felt like collecting it. With there Avengers I'm pretty sure it will be the first Avengers arc I'll be collecting since... Busiek?

AlmightyKfish
I hope #7 isn't the last we've seen of the Final Horsemen, always thought they were cool after they were introduced in X-force.

I mean the twins owned them, but we never saw them die. And I wonder if eventually we'll see the return of Apocalypse himself, see how he reacts to the series of events since his death in Blood of Apocalypse

JakeTheBank
So, I attended the Marvel NOW to Infinity Panel at Chicago Comic Con and spoke with Rick Remender afterwords to get Uncanny Avengers #1 signed.

I asked him point blank "Why bring back Sentry?" and his response was actually kinda funny. He more or less said he was tired of Thor being used in a team setting only to get slapped around by people that have no business dealing with him and he wanted a legitimate threat that Thor would be hard pressed to beat and be plausible. He felt that Thor should only be used when "major shit's about to go down" (his exact words) and that if he doesn't "kick some phucking ass" (exact words) there should be a plausible reason why. And he said that their fight will be pretty badass.

Really cool dude.

-Pr-
thumb up

the Darkone
So, I attended the Marvel NOW to Infinity Panel at Chicago Comic Con and spoke with Rick Remender afterwords to get Uncanny Avengers #1 signed.

I asked him point blank "Why bring back Sentry?" and his response was actually kinda funny. He more or less said he was tired of Thor being used in a team setting only to get slapped around by people that have no business dealing with him and he wanted a legitimate threat that Thor would be hard pressed to beat and be plausible. He felt that Thor should only be used when "major shit's about to go down" (his exact words) and that if he doesn't "kick some phucking ass" (exact words) there should be a plausible reason why. And he said that their fight will be pretty badass.

Really cool dude.

Awesome!!

Should have asked if he was going to bring some eternals on board, somebody like Ikaris, Hero or Sersi would be a fine addition to the team if Thor is not there.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, in hindsight there's a lot of questions I wanted to ask that I glossed over.

Though, the guy in front of me said he was a fan of his Secret Avengers run, specifically what he did with Captain Mar-Vell, and Remender said he ended his story specifically so that he could touch up on Mar-Vell if he ever wanted to.

Kazenji
UNCANNY AVENGERS #8AU preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16544

TheGodKiller
I wonder what the "fallout" from the Celestial assassination will be in this series. That is if Remender doesn't forget it entirely by the time he finishes 2 or 3 more issues.

Personally speaking, I think that Remender needs to work a little more on his delivery of details.

Kazenji
Steve McNiven joins the book

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83996

Damborgson
Excited to see how the Thor/Sentry fight goes down tomorrow. If it happens in that issue anyway.

the Darkone
Excited to see how the Thor/Sentry fight goes down tomorrow. If it happens in that issue anyway.

The story was good, Sentry speed blitz an unsuspected Thor to another planet, where its a prelude to their fight and punches him out of under ground cavern.

The next two issues are going to be an all out brawl

MF DELPH
Apocalypse himself needs to come back. I like seeing his kids shine, and I liked him sonning Prince Thor (who, it turns our, was very powerful himself), but the old man needs to come back with a giant feat and drop the mic on the whole situation.

Eternal Idol
How was Thor's axe able kill Arishem with one strike, but only able to critically injure Apocalypse? Was it re-enchanted afterward, or perhaps working in conjunction with the powers of Uriel did the trick?

I haven't been able to read Uncanny Avengers yet, aside from a few scans here and there.

Kazenji
Steve McNiven Takes Over Art Duties For UNCANNY AVENGERS #14

also Kang gathers heroes & villains from across time

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90328

Warlord
is this going to be the last chapter of the Twins story?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
How was Thor's axe able kill Arishem with one strike, but only able to critically injure Apocalypse? Was it re-enchanted afterward, or perhaps working in conjunction with the powers of Uriel did the trick?

I haven't been able to read Uncanny Avengers yet, aside from a few scans here and there.
I doubt any of the reasoning I am going to provide will make sense, but still here goes nothing: it struck him in the dome of his braincase. Supposedly, Celestial armor can't regenerate from a Jarnbjorn-inflicted wound, so his energy essence leaked and got dissipated in space, with the rest of the Celestial collapsing shortly thereafter.

Also, while this Celestial looked similar to Arishem, it was never called Arishem on-panel. Simply the Gardener.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Warlord
is this going to be the last chapter of the Twins story? I think it goes on until like at least February, and probably way more.

The series will get to issue 50 with them still trying to solve the Apocalypse Twins problem

Bentley
As long as we get at least 10 issues of Kang I think we can all get behind that shifty

Warlord
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

The series will get to issue 50 with them still trying to solve the Apocalypse Twins problem

seriously?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Warlord
seriously? Feels that way.

Maybe it has a lot to do with the issues being released somewhat on time. For comparisons sake, this series started about the same time as Hickman's Avengers. This series is about to release issue 14 this week. Next week issue 24 comes out of Hickman's Avengers...

Maybe that's why it feels like it's starting to drag on. Issues only happen once a month and sometimes those issues feel somewhat "wasted". I don't know why, but it's become increasingly hard to become hyped for it.

Maybe a correct assertion would be that this series would hit issue 24 and the Apocalypse Twins won't be resolved... in 2015

Bentley
So Marvel completely scored for you by publishing intensively the regular Avengers book?

Branlor Swift
It's hard to stay hyped for a book for a year when pretty much nothing has been accomplished. The Apocalypse Twins talk about this, the Apocalypse Twins talk about that. They aren't really evil, but they're doing stuff... that's for sure. Don't forget that we have Red Skull Onslaught planned somewhere... won't really talk about him, but I better remind you.

While I feel this book is better written (sometimes) things are actually happening, and happened in the Hickman book. Arcs, different things, etc. Maybe the next issue might resolve some things with Kang amassing an army.

Damn my impatience is basically what I'm saying. If the series came out faster I feel I'd never have to think about this sort of stuff.

Bentley
Some things have happened in the books, but let's be frank, nobody gives a sh_t about Grim Reaper dying. I mean, I thought he was already dead (remember the Avengers tie-in for Chaos War?). And then there is Sunspot, not two sh_ts have ever been given about him.

Also the Age of Ultron tie in was mostly a waste of an issue, only a sick Kang fan would've liked that.

Warlord
ok so, in issue 14 they killed Simon, Wanda and Rogue alltogether???
seriously????

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Comic%20Scans/Comic%20covers/_1399679594_n_zps9d5aa351.jpg~original

Bentley
Thor and Doom hiding behind Kang, typical.

Warlord
alternate versions though..... miffed

Bentley
If I recall correctly Kang didn't save any Thors last issue, so that might be the real one.

Doom 2099 conquered his world, he might actually be more powerful than regular Doom evil face

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>