Thor vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
You can only use feats from Thor for the last 2 years.

vs

DCnU Wonder Woman

No BFR.

Who wins?

iceman24567
Originally posted by keiththegreat
You can only use feats from Thor for the last 2 years.

vs

DCnU Wonder Woman

No BFR.

Who wins? laughing

-Pr-
facepalm

ColossusGrundy
Does Thor auto-failing factor in?

keiththegreat
Why isn't this a fair fight. I'm limiting the feats from each character to a year or 2.

JakeTheBank
Feats from up to two years ago? Basically the events of "Siege" on up.

Thor wins decisively.

-BFRed amped Hulk with a single attack
-"Killed" amped Thing
-Destroyed the heart of the Demogorge
-Staggered Galactus twice
-Stalemated Silver Surfer while injured
-Held his own with Sentry until Sentry Voided out.
-Harmed Glory
-Effected Chaos King
-Injured the Phoenix Force
-Etc.

Diana can't win this.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Feats from up to two years ago? Basically the events of "Siege" on up.

Thor wins decisively.

-BFRed amped Hulk with a single attack
-"Killed" amped Thing
-Destroyed the heart of the Demogorge
-Staggered Galactus twice
-Stalemated Silver Surfer while injured
-Held his own with Sentry until Sentry Voided out.
-Harmed Glory
-Effected Chaos King
-Injured the Phoenix Force
-Etc.

Diana can't win this.

Shyt with this resume, even Pre DCnU Diana may lose.

JakeTheBank
I know people like to joke around about Thor's feats as of late (Avengers Assemble and AvX), but really, Thor since JMS revived him has been consistently impressive. Even if you only count 2010 on up, he's easily operating at levels consistent for a high herald. And those were just the most notable feats which came to mind and not anywhere near an exhaustive list.

pym-ftw
Thor fairly easy

Batman-Prime
Against Pre-DCnU WW I would give thor 5-6/10. I don't read the new WW comics and her feats from JLA aren't that impressive.

bluewaterrider
It's worth pointing out that DCnU Wonder Woman is still strong enough to bloody DCnU Superman with a kick, shatter the constructs of DCnU Green Lantern by more or less flexing her way out, and support the weight of heavy aircraft (carriers?) at her normal levels of power.

When she removes her bracelets, her strength increases from even that level to the point that she can physically manhandle members of the Greek Pantheon. Case in point, the goddess Artemis in Wonder Woman #12.

Of course, this leaves the following questions:

1) How much force does it take to bloody DCnU Superman?
2) How strong does a person need to be to shatter DCnU Hal Jordan's constructs?
3) How would Thor fare in trying to carry the same air freighter Diana saved?
4) How strong are Artemis and the other gods and goddesses of the DCnU Pantheon?

pym-ftw
Thor could potentially one shot her

PillarofOsiris
Jake makes a good point about Thor's feats being impressive even as of late...but you leave out one area: durability. If we're going by his durability based on the last 2 years, then IMO it's not so hot. But he still wins IMO.

bobbi
thor

DarkOdin
I know people like to joke around about Thor's feats as of late (Avengers Assemble and AvX), but really, Thor since JMS revived him has been consistently impressive. Even if you only count 2010 on up, he's easily operating at levels consistent for a high herald. And those were just the most notable feats which came to mind and not anywhere near an exhaustive list. Well i like to think of AvX as qwritiers showing Thor has an amazing healing factor eek!

Damborgson
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Well i like to think of AvX as qwritiers showing Thor has an amazing healing factor eek!

Well he did recover in a few hours against a P5 member unlike Gladiator who was coma induced. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/innuendur.gif

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Damborgson
Well he did recover in a few hours against a P5 member unlike Gladiator who was coma induced. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/innuendur.gif
Thor also survived against the full embodiment of the Phoenix Force ,and even came back for round 2 .

Gladiator , on the other hand , was so badly phucked up that Warbird was unsure whether he would even live from that beating the P5 inflicted .

Philosophía
Originally posted by Stoic
Shyt with this resume, even Pre DCnU Diana may lose. You can make everything look impressive if you only put out the good stuff. Many of those listed are detrimental once you take a closer look, including his mostly dumb brute fights against Hulk/Thing (the former admitting he couldn't beat, right before he BFRs him, collapses, while the Hulk is still conscious - but props to the hammer enchantment for being able to kill Thing), Surfer (headbutt, hammer shots, repeat), Sentry basically going "*****, please" once he gets serious in Siege, his getting almost killed by the Phoenix, and then being treated by its "X-heralds" like he's a weak little ***** - when people like Gladiator have done much better. Not changing tactics even after repeated beatings. etc.

Diana is now basically all about skill, and going for the eyes/throat. If Thor fights her like he usually does (ie like a retard), he's going to be in a world of pain, since she's not bullshitting around, and that sword will savagely go through his eyes and out his ass. If I really want to be mean, I'll say that she deflects his lightning back at him (and judging by Thor's showings against his own lightning lately, it would end badly; and I don't think anybody is arguing that he won't use lightning, or that she won't deflect it), for an easy win.

Stoic
I know people like to joke around about Thor's feats as of late (Avengers Assemble and AvX), but really, Thor since JMS revived him has been consistently impressive. Even if you only count 2010 on up, he's easily operating at levels consistent for a high herald. And those were just the most notable feats which came to mind and not anywhere near an exhaustive list.

I really wasn't joking. All of these BS KO's that Thor has taken over the past couple months, really ignore his vast showings of taking greater heat than the shots that have put him out.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Damborgson
Well he did recover in a few hours against a P5 member unlike Gladiator who was coma induced. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/innuendur.gif From my understanding he's still in ICU.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Stoic
I really wasn't joking. All of these BS KO's that Thor has taken over the past couple months, really ignore his vast showings of taking greater heat than the shots that have put him out.

Which can either be reconciled as PIS for the reasons you just stated or simply really low showings that ignore the vast quantity of feats he has under his belt. Still canon, of course, but when taken against the feats of his within the past two years per the OP, not really an accurate representation of Thor's ultimate capabilities. And in the grand scheme of things as a whole, barely a blip on his decades worth of showings.

So, yeah, if someone wants to make a case of cherry picking low/embarassing feats of Thor to justify DCnU Diana winning, they obviously can, but it doesn't make sense to do so.

Stoic
Which can either be reconciled as PIS for the reasons you just stated or simply really low showings that ignore the vast quantity of feats he has under his belt. Still canon, of course, but when taken against the feats of his within the past two years per the OP, not really an accurate representation of Thor's ultimate capabilities. And in the grand scheme of things as a whole, barely a blip on his decades worth of showings.

So, yeah, if someone wants to make a case of cherry picking low/embarassing feats of Thor to justify DCnU Diana winning, they obviously can, but it doesn't make sense to do so.

It's not PIS, it's the writers. Many of these guys don't or have not followed the history of the character. Then again just look at what they've been doing to adamantium. Pretty soon, they'll be guys breaking Wolverines bones like toothpicks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.