The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
From Paul Thomas Anderson (not to be confused with Paul WS Anderson, of course). I really liked There Will Be Blood, so I'm looking forward to this. I think there's some controversy as to whether or not it's about Scientology, so should be very interesting. It comes out this month...

fJ1O1vb9AUU

the ninjak
This film looks impressively creepy.

A frustrated man who exists in an hostile existentialist existence after meeting a manipulative man who seduces him into his beliefs. Well that's what I got from the trailer anyways.

And the aftereffects of those beliefs being questioned. And the aggressive victims retaliation in response to such situations.

Stories like this are important. Especially to todays youth. I see Oscar nominations but this film is so controversial that it may go under the radar.

I'm looking forward to this future classic.

siriuswriter
Joaquin Phoenix + There Will Be Blood + the period of time =

WIN!

I wonder if The Master will turn out to be Philip Seymour Hoffman... or Joaquin Phoenix.

Patient_Leech
I dont think i've seen Joaquin Phoenix in anything since Gladiator. He's a good actor.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I dont think i've seen Joaquin Phoenix in anything since Gladiator.

Or you just lost interest in him because he was few other films after Gladiator.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I dont think i've seen Joaquin Phoenix in anything since Gladiator. He's a good actor.

Dude, you have to see "Quills." Geoffery Rush, Michael Caine, Kate Winslet.... about the Marquis de Sade. Phoenix plays a priest and has a passionate meltdown... that performance really tuned me in to him as an actor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.