White Queen VS The Mandarin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
Mandarin can use all the rings' power. Not much specific rules required for these 2.

StiltmanFTW
Which White Queen?

Slowpoke
Emma Frost.

StiltmanFTW
Emma stomps... she has the PF and I haven't seen any TP resistance feats from Mandy.

Slowpoke
Mandarin also got psychic power on his ring and his rings' power are hard to defend.

iceman24567
Emma via diamond barrage

Slowpoke
Originally posted by iceman24567
Emma via diamond barrage

Does Mandarin's matter rearrangement ring work on her?

iceman24567
Pretty sure PF Emma has control over her molecular structure hence the diamond storm barrage

leonidas
phoenix emma slaughters him, clearly. classic emma might be interesting. the mento ring grants him the ability to control minds, but i'm not sure what kind of resistance it offers since tony obviously never uses tp. i wouldn't be surprised to see it grant him protection against her tp. if not he's f'd but good. if he can resist her tp, he would take her imo. even forgetting the rings he's ripped tony's armor apart with just his martial arts and chi. he might be able to crack her without his rings. with the rings though he would def take her imo.

still, basically, it's impossible to say since we don't know his tp resistance.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by leonidas
phoenix emma slaughters him, clearly. classic emma might be interesting. the mento ring grants him the ability to control minds, but i'm not sure what kind of resistance it offers since tony obviously never uses tp. i wouldn't be surprised to see it grant him protection against her tp. if not he's f'd but good. if he can resist her tp, he would take her imo. even forgetting the rings he's ripped tony's armor apart with just his martial arts and chi. he might be able to crack her without his rings. with the rings though he would def take her imo.

still, basically, it's impossible to say since we don't know his tp resistance.

No, not phoenix state. That's too overpowered.

Slowpoke
"Mento-Intensifier" - The ring magnifies the wearer's own psionic energy , allowing him to place one or more people under his mental control and to transmit orders to them mentally. This ring can affect only one person at a time and only at a distance of ten feet.

So he should get pretty strong psychic power.

StiltmanFTW
That's nothing compared to an omega level telepath...

Slowpoke
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That's nothing compared to an omega level telepath...

He just needs to defend it for a moment and his other rings can go against Emma. She does not have much resistance against those attacks.

Glorificus
Emma KOs him with a psi bolt.

She's taken out an entire team of X-men with a single psi bolt. X-men such as Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, etc.

X-men who all have pretty strong wills, AND Xavier's implanted psi defenses.

If Xavier's psi-defenses couldn't stop Emma from owning them all with one good psy blast, I'm guessing Mandarin's ring shouldn't either.

Especially when he has NO feats of resisting a mental assault from a level as high as Emma's.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Slowpoke
He just needs to defend it for a moment and his other rings can go against Emma. She does not have much resistance against those attacks.

Defend? He has no showings against telepaths, she'd mindrape him, period.

There's a starting distance, Emma's safe. I don't see him using multiple rings at the same time anyway... even if he could do it, Emma has feats demonstrating her using TP and diamond form simultaneously.

Scoobless
No feats against telepaths? Isn't Psylocke a telepath?

Am I the only one here who reads comics?

n00bs

stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Scoobless

n00bs

stick out tongue

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2i0k6Ncss1qlkoy3.gif

leonidas

n00bs

stick out tongue

hrm. i hate when you remember something i didn't. sneer

and i DID forget that little act of vengeance bit. but did she have tp or even try and use it on him in that arc? inquiring n00bs wanna know??

Scoobless
What am I, Scoobipedia? Go look it up.

stick out tongue

He also fought Cable.

no expression

leonidas
concession that you don't know accepted. stick out tongue

cable? when was that?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2i0k6Ncss1qlkoy3.gif
That has to be the most bizarre gif I have ever seen on any board .

Scoobless
concession that you don't know accepted. stick out tongue

cable? when was that?

She did have tp, I think. There was some mind control issues.

Marvel team up, Cable and Wolverine fought, and ran from, The Mandarin. Part of the freedom ring storyline.

leonidas
She did have tp, I think. There was some mind control issues.

Marvel team up, Cable and Wolverine fought, and ran from, The Mandarin. Part of the freedom ring storyline.

ha! knew i'd get it out of you.....

the team-up i've never heard of or read about. i'll take a gander at it if i can dig it up. thumb up

Scoobless
TP wasn't a factor in that story though.

leonidas
meh. i still like mandarin and i found the issue you're talking about. mtu v3 019. something to read.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine wades through Mandarin's fire blast in that one.

leonidas
wade through is being a little generous. he was NOT in good shape after that blast and cable only came back because the prof told him that wolverine was going to die in that battle. laughing out loud

anyway, mandy took both logan and nate out easily with his ice ring then took out jubes without effort and got the shard of cosmic cube. too bad he died before he could have it made into the ring. whatever happened to that ring anyway, anyone know?

Slowpoke
Can Mandarin make device to block TP?

Scoobless
whatever happened to that ring anyway, anyone know?

*sigh*

Keep reading mtu, 5 or so issues follow the ring storyline, some idiot finds it after cap loses it, he makes friends with a skrull who helps him practice, tries to be a hero .... doesn't go as planned.

Go read it.

He calls himself Freedom Ring.

The ring later shows up during the invasion story arc, you probably saw it but didn't realise what it was.

.... you need me to explain who cap is now?

stick out tongue

Slowpoke
So does the Mandarin have the tech to build TP blocker? Or that comic you gave us showed he could resist TP?

leonidas
*sigh*

Keep reading mtu, 5 or so issues follow the ring storyline, some idiot finds it after cap loses it, he makes friends with a skrull who helps him practice, tries to be a hero .... doesn't go as planned.

Go read it.

He calls himself Freedom Ring.

The ring later shows up during the invasion story arc, you probably saw it but didn't realise what it was.

.... you need me to explain who cap is now?

stick out tongue

cap.....? confused

heh happens that i DID read the rest of the arc. not particularly good..... liked the idea of the ring though.

Scoobless
The skrull ring guy joined the initiative, then 3D man kills him just after he saves a bunch of heroes.

Bloody racist.

Think the ring itself wasn't ever claimed by anyone after his death. At least not on panel, could make for a decent story in the future though, maybe for the Mandarin again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.