HP Doomsday VS ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
Are there any "Brick" type of characters that can take down HP Doomsday?

Harbinger
Prime.

JakeTheBank
Superman
WBH

Naija boy
WBH, Mangog, Prime,

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by Naija boy
WBH, Mangog, Prime,

You guys really think that World Breaker Hulk could take down HP Doomsday?

JakeTheBank
Yes.

Naija boy
looking at his feats. Without question.

SouthSpawn
looking at his feats. Without question.

I don't know too much about his feats.
Can you list a few of them?

Also, any screen captures of WBH? Or a URL that I can read more about him?

Batman-Prime
WBH can't, I think PC Validius could do it.

JakeTheBank
PC Validus would obliterate H/P Doomsday, so it goes without question he'd win.

Hulk definitely has the capacity to beat H/P Doomsday. Mainstream Superman, pre-Flashpoint, if he encountered H/P again in a rematch, would win this time around.

leonidas
based upon writer intent and what dd was supposed to represent in that series, i think it would take more than a brick to take dd out. i don't see prime doing or kal. basically dd took apart an amped superman, waverider AND darkseid--and they STILL couldn't ko or stop him but had to bfr him. i don't like overhyping guys, but i'm a big believer in the power hp dd was meant to represent. wbh might be able to do it, but i don't think it's nearly clear cut. meh.

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mainstream Superman, pre-Flashpoint, if he encountered H/P again in a rematch, would win this time around. I disagree. If modern/pre-Flashpoint Superman were to fight early 90's Darkseid(back when he was a true BEAST) in a forum setting, I really couldn't see him winning at all. H/P Doomsday, on the other hand, nearly killed Darkseid with like 3-4 strikes, AFTER tanking the OE TWICE just beforehand.

JakeTheBank
Doomsday was effective both because of his physical power and the fact that Superman himself still feared the creature that killed him. Honestly, since Kal has grown beyond that fear and faced more powerful entities since then, I don't think that psychological factor Doomsday held over Superman would yield the same results. It wouldn't be easy for Superman to win, but, ultimately, given the developments in his power level and though processes when it comes to Doomsday, I do think he'd win.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
I disagree. If modern/pre-Flashpoint Superman were to fight early 90's Darkseid(back when he was a true BEAST) in a forum setting, I really couldn't see him winning at all. H/P Doomsday, on the other hand, nearly killed Darkseid with like 3-4 strikes, AFTER tanking the OE TWICE just beforehand.

Modern/pre-Flashpoint Superman is also more formidable than his 90's self.

I think at the end of his career so to speak, especially under the likes of Morrison, this Superman would have the power and will to best H/P Doomsday one on one with extreme effort.

Galan007
Well, I still disagree, but to each his own.

JakeTheBank
Fair enough. I realize it's not a popular stance in any case, but kudos to being reasonable. thumb up

I just feel that since that story, Superman's undergone enough feats and development as a character to fare significantly better Doomsday now than he did back then.

Galan007
Possibly.

But I still don't see him being left completely uninjured by 2 consecutive bursts of Darkseid's OE (early 90's, remember.) Nor do I think he was strong enough to nearly kill that same era Darkseid with 3-4 physical strikes. Heck, in Superman/Batman, Supes had to sun-amp just to become powerful enough to beat modern-era Darkseid that easily.

srug

carver9
Superman and Doomsday faced each other after HP. It really depends on how you view the most recent Doomsdays compared to HP Doomsday since the fight went about the same.

carver9
@Galan...

Wasn't that version of Darkseid Doomsday took out an avatar?

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
@Galan...

Wasn't that version of Darkseid Doomsday took out an avatar? Nope it was the real deal

leonidas
Possibly.

But I still don't see him being left completely uninjured by 2 consecutive bursts of Darkseid's OE (early 90's, remember.) Nor do I think he was strong enough to nearly kill that same era Darkseid with 3-4 physical strikes. Heck, in Superman/Batman, Supes had to sun-amp just to become powerful enough to beat modern-era Darkseid that easily.

srug

yep. and it's not like that era superman didn't have some really good feats to his name as well. i think phil put together a list at one time and it was pretty damn impressive. jake's line of thought also presupposes that while superman underwent development, writers would simply have left dd as he was. it's really hard to compare eras like this, which is why, in this case, i fall back on writer intent to try and gauge hp dd. whipping down on waverider/amped kal and darkseid is still enormously impressive. and while his fear did play a role, dd also put the fear of god in darkseid himself, something pretty much unprecedented before or since.

Naija boy
Originally posted by SouthSpawn
I don't know too much about his feats.
Can you list a few of them?

Also, any screen captures of WBH? Or a URL that I can read more about him?

Basically the residual shockwave of his collision with his peer annihilated the Dark dimensional planet, disintegrated former peeers of savage hulk in Wendigo and Bi Beast, disintegrated a fing fang foom amped to planet conquering levels, disintegrated Armcheddon (who had previously been portrayed as superior to Merged Hulk that is even more powerful than Savage Hulk, as well as taken multiple blows from a holding back WBH ), and annihilated the enitrety of the Mindless ones whose combined numbers were so powerful that Umar ( a legit skyfather leveler) within her own realm would not even survive their onslaught.

SouthSpawn
I thought WBH was only there at the end of WWH?

Harbinger
Hulk from Heart of the Monster.

Diesldude
I disagree. If modern/pre-Flashpoint Superman were to fight early 90's Darkseid(back when he was a true BEAST) in a forum setting, I really couldn't see him winning at all. H/P Doomsday, on the other hand, nearly killed Darkseid with like 3-4 strikes, AFTER tanking the OE TWICE just beforehand. Where would you rate that darkseid from early 90's. He one shotted cyborg superman and vaporized indestructible missiles which that superman couldn't even dent.

carver9
Basically the residual shockwave of his collision with his peer annihilated the Dark dimensional planet, disintegrated former peeers of savage hulk in Wendigo and Bi Beast, disintegrated a fing fang foom amped to planet conquering levels, disintegrated Armcheddon (who had previously been portrayed as superior to Merged Hulk that is even more powerful than Savage Hulk, as well as taken multiple blows from a holding back WBH ), and annihilated the enitrety of the Mindless ones whose combined numbers were so powerful that Umar ( a legit skyfather leveler) within her own realm would not even survive their onslaught.

I just enjoy when you quote what happened.

Naija boy
I thought WBH was only there at the end of WWH?

Pak expanded greatly on th WBH character in later stories. It was revealed that Wbh as we saw him at the end of Wwh when he was wrecking the eastern seaboard with footsteps as well as the other times he appeared...was holding back and in the Heart of the monster storyline we finally see WBh fully unleashed. That is the arc in which the feats I mentioned take place in

SouthSpawn
Pak expanded greatly on th WBH character in later stories. It was revealed that Wbh as we saw him at the end of Wwh when he was wrecking the eastern seaboard with footsteps as well as the other times he appeared...was holding back and in the Heart of the monster storyline we finally see WBh fully unleashed. That is the arc in which the feats I mentioned take place in

Naija boy, I looked over some of the scans for the WBH comic.
Was that really "Red She-Hulk" going toe-to-toe with an enraged WBH?

carver9

Yeah, but she was amped by the wishing well to be Hulks equal. If she didn't receive this amp, she would have died as well from Hulks rampage.

Igniz
Um confused ? Harald Jaekelson?

Sixth_Winged
Is this pure h2h only or could these bricks use any exotic powers?

Naija boy

As carver said she was amped to be Wbh equal by the wishing well, if not she wouldnt have been able to come close to that type of performance.

the Darkone
Mangog
Classic Mangog
PC Validus
PC Shaggy Man
Asgardian Destroyer
The Fury
WM Thor
WB/HOTM Hulk

Brockalizer
WBH, Mangog, Prime, This, possibly AoD Thanos too.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by leonidas
based upon writer intent and what dd was supposed to represent in that series, i think it would take more than a brick to take dd out. i don't see prime doing or kal. basically dd took apart an amped superman, waverider AND darkseid--and they STILL couldn't ko or stop him but had to bfr him. i don't like overhyping guys, but i'm a big believer in the power hp dd was meant to represent. wbh might be able to do it, but i don't think it's nearly clear cut. meh.

but Leo... DS did take him out.. that would count as a forum win buddy

pym-ftw
I think some people here need to redefine what it means to be a brick lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.