Eat 2000 Calories A Day Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Im 5'9 and 160
Based on my research my body needs a minimum of 2000 calories just to be alive.

How is this possible when i barely eat 1500 calories a day? I also weight lift, and i have actually gained weight and muscle just on 1500 a day.
I just realized I barely eat sh*t

Morning_Glory
http://i48.tinypic.com/bzd5d.gif

StyleTime
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Im 5'9 and 160
Based on my research my body needs a minimum of 2000 calories just to be alive.

How is this possible when i barely eat 1500 calories a day? I also weight lift, and i have actually gained weight and muscle just on 1500 a day.
I just realized I barely eat sh*t
You probably found out your maintenance calories. That means you need 2000 calories to maintain your current weight, not to stay alive.

Consistent muscle gain on only 1500 calories seems like a stretch. A small female like....might be able to do that. Are you sure you accurately record everything you eat?

Mindset
Originally posted by StyleTime
You probably found out your maintenance calories. That means you need 2000 calories to maintain your current weight, not to stay alive.

Consistent muscle gain on only 1500 calories seems like a stretch. A small female like....might be able to do that. Are you sure you accurately record everything you eat? Noob gains.

StyleTime
I thought that too, but this is Colossus with a Big C dude. He's too pro to be a noob.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by StyleTime

Consistent muscle gain on only 1500 calories seems like a stretch. A small female like....might be able to do that. Are you sure you accurately record everything you eat? Yes.

Insomniatric
Just start eating the amount of calories you need, it'll help you build muscle faster (don't eat an excess amount of calories, that will get you fat faster than build muscle). I would suggest doing what I do... a raw food diet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.