Russell Edgington vs. Link (TP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
I convince Russell that Link's blood tastes better than the faeries' blood. I look on as many Zelda fans watch on in horror. They don't want their champion in a fight with someone who is actually super strong. Finally Link's goat stopping strength is matched up against Russell's car stopping strength.

These guys throw down in Kakariko village.

Come at me Zelda swine.

Blight
Russel is too fast.

The Scenario
Link draws the Master Sword.

Russell explodes.

ScreamPaste
Vampire weak to sun.

Sword empowered with the light of the sun.

GG.

BruceSkywalker
Russel might be too fast for Link

AuraAngel
How fast is he?

NemeBro
Originally posted by quanchi112
I convince Russell that Link's blood tastes better than the faeries' blood. I look on as many Zelda fans watch on in horror. They don't want their champion in a fight with someone who is actually super strong. Finally Link's goat stopping strength is matched up against Russell's car stopping strength.

These guys throw down in Kakariko village.

Come at me Zelda swine. Link stopped a Goron bigger than a car.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Link stopped a Goron bigger than a car.

Needed boots to increase his arm strength in order to do that you asshat.

Blight
Originally posted by AuraAngel
How fast is he?

This fast.
yKn7hhgLPes He would immediately go for the kill, as presented here. The only way he was killed was when another Vampire with arguably better speed feats (though probably not faster than him) bumrushed him while he was high...

He's also the very best part of True Blood. I may stop watching now that he's no longer in it.

BloodRain
Link /is/ able to cut arrows out of the air, and that doesn't look as fast as that.

(Guessing theres some bullet timing in True Blood somewhere)

Blight
"Link /is/ able to cut arrows out of the air, and that doesn't look as fast as that."

May I see the feat? Or is it a gameplay mechanic?

BloodRain
Gameplay. Technically he gets strength feats from gameplay, it isn't a mechanic like health/damage or things like that. Ganondorf in the Wind Waker fight is specifically scripted to be able to dodge any arrows shot at him. So there's that.

And I remember Ganondorf was able to do a similar thing like your vid post. Someone can go find that vid for me.

Blight
Originally posted by BloodRain
Gameplay. Technically he gets strength feats from gameplay, it isn't a mechanic like health/damage or things like that. Ganondorf in the Wind Waker fight is specifically scripted to be able to dodge any arrows shot at him. So there's that.

And I remember Ganondorf was able to do a similar thing like your vid post. Someone can go find that vid for me. This is where the whole gameplay mechanic thing confuses me. He can obtain strength feats from gameplay, but the fact that a chicken can potentially kill him is dismissed.

Also, this is Twilight Princess. Can we use feats from Windwaker?

Kazenji
Who's is this Russell guy?

Blight
Originally posted by Kazenji
Who's is this Russell guy?

Awesome Personified.

But seriously, he's the makeshift villain for Season 3 of True Blood. He also reemerged in Season 5.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Blight
This is where the whole gameplay mechanic thing confuses me. He can obtain strength feats from gameplay, but the fact that a chicken can potentially kill him is dismissed.

Last time I questioned it people were talking about scripted moments playing a part. Like Link needing to throw a boulder to get behind it or cutting arrows even being part of the game, while getting hit by X enemy isnt specific. That and greater, constant feats being held above gameplay damage. -shrugs-

Its the same(ish) Ganondorf in both games.

Blight
Last time I questioned it people were talking about scripted moments playing a part. Like Link needing to throw a boulder to get behind it or cutting arrows even being part of the game, while getting hit by X enemy isnt specific. That and greater, constant feats being held above gameplay damage. -shrugs-

Its the same(ish) Ganondorf in both games.
So essentially we take all of Link's high feats and none of his low one's stick out tongue

It's not the same Link at all.

BloodRain
..pretty much :I

Though to be fair its like how Superman can take black holes and has FTL speed but still has a couple feats way below that that we look over.

True, but the WW and TP Link both fight the same Ganon on an equal level.

Blight
I still think it's within the realm of possibility that Link can be harmed by Chickens big grin, but I get what you're saying, it would be considered a lowballing.

Except does TP Link have the arrow dodging? And did Ganon show the speed feats IN Twilight Princess?

MooCowofJustice
This is where the whole gameplay mechanic thing confuses me. He can obtain strength feats from gameplay, but the fact that a chicken can potentially kill him is dismissed.

Strength Feats he gets are necessary parts of the gameplay. You cannot finish the game without doing them.

You can finish the game without tormenting chickens until they kill you.

Robtard
Rampant Russel wank needs to stop. He loses.

Blight
That doesn't mean its out of the realm of possibility. But I do get what you're saying. I just think its a bit nonsense to completely disregard it altogether.

NemeBro
If you want to go by gameplay, those chickens are completely invulnerable to anything Link can do, and are more powerful than Ganon.

Seriously. erm

Blight
If you want to go by gameplay, those chickens are completely invulnerable to anything Link can do, and are more powerful than Ganon.

Seriously. erm
Hahaha I was wondering when someone was going to mention that.

the ninjak
HaHA! Link can't even kill chickens. What a pussy!

Proof that damage distribution in those games is questionable.

ScreamPaste
In TP he can bitchslap them into obeying his commands. Why kill what you can tame?

Blight
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
In TP he can bitchslap them into obeying his commands. Why kill what you can tame?
Cheap way of saying "he can't kill it, so he settles for taming" stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Scenario
Link draws the Master Sword.

Russell explodes. Get real. Link's enemies came at him just fine.Originally posted by NemeBro
Link stopped a Goron bigger than a car. With the boots. Without the boots he's a wimp. Put em on and he's about as slow as a slug.

I want to hear you admit Link loses.

NemeBro
Do the boots make Link's arms stronger?

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
HaHA! Link can't even kill chickens. What a pussy!

Proof that damage distribution in those games is questionable. In the game if you let your enemies attack you Link dies. That's proof he can be hurt by ogres and other wimp like foes. Russell would kill him before he even knew what hit him. Russell could toy with him and rip off limbs or flick his head off or rip out his heart.

Zelda fans are nuts.

ScreamPaste
Get real. Link's enemies came at him just fine. With the boots. Without the boots he's a wimp. Put em on and he's about as slow as a slug.

I want to hear you admit Link loses. They didn't have a sunlight weakness. no expression

Why admit Link loses to someone he can pretty concretely crush?

Link duels people faster than what we just saw from Russell. So yeah.

Also, the sword might just decide it straight up doesn't like him and get shiny.

06Of3KqYd5o

0:20, poor Midna.

Blight
They didn't have a sunlight weakness. no expression

Also, the sword might just decide it straight up doesn't like him and get shiny.

06Of3KqYd5o

0:20, poor Midna.
Speed feats?

quanchi112
They didn't have a sunlight weakness. no expression

06Of3KqYd5o

0:20, poor Midna. No, Link doesn't. The guy struggles overpowering and taking command of a horse. It's a given he is all over the place.

Link's never fought anyone half as fast as Russell. Not anyone has as strong as Russell. Link's duels with a sword are too slow for Russell. Arrows<<<<<bullets.

Russell could take over Hyrule in probably 2 minutes.

NemeBro

ScreamPaste
Sword shines, Russel does what?

XanatosForever
Not that I recall. They were just exceptionally heavy to keep from him being knocked back.

NemeBro
The question was not directed towards you.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Not that I recall. They were just exceptionally heavy to keep from him being knocked back. You're missing out on Quan-tum-fizziks.

IE, whoosh.

Seriously though, is Russel FTL? Can he avoid shiney light of evil smite? :3

Blight
dWl9yLNVJDI

Very Beginning and Very end. He can fly at that speed.

nxFHTIjalNc

At 2:00

Russell is too fast.

quanchi112
They give him the weight necessary to stop a Goron. They also weigh less than a car. Russell does so effortlessly while Link needs gear and still struggles.

XanatosForever
I think I'm still stuck on BT...to find someone else now...it's too soon.

quanchi112
The question was not directed towards you. Patience, padawan.

Blight
"Seriously though, is Russel FTL? Can he avoid shiney light of evil smite? :3"

You don't need to be faster than light to get the drop on someone before they can draw their sword.

Also this isn't really "Master Sword Pissed off at Russell Vs. Russell". There are a lot of IF's in your assumtion that the master sword "Doesn't Like" Edgington.

NemeBro
They give him the weight necessary to stop a Goron. They also weigh less than a car. Russell does so effortlessly while Link needs gear and still struggles. No.

Answer the question. Yes or no.

quanchi112

You don't need to be faster than light to get the drop on someone before they can draw their sword.

Also this isn't really "Master Sword Pissed off at Russell Vs. Russell". There are a lot of IF's in your assumtion that the master sword "Doesn't Like" Edgington. This is all Zelda fans do. They ignore everything accept highest feats and pretend his skin is more durable than cars. It's so amusing because there's like a group of them all buying into it.

No.

Answer the question. Yes or no. They make his weight increase. Russell doesn't need to alter his weight to stop heavier things than Link needs gear and a struggle to do.

Russell wins. Just admit it. It'll be like a load off your shoulders.

ScreamPaste

Also this isn't really "Master Sword Pissed off at Russell Vs. Russell". There are a lot of IF's in your assumtion that the master sword "Doesn't Like" Edgington. Nah, the sword is legit sentient and shines whenever seems to be convenient in the series.

Also, assuming Russel even does get the drop on Link as you suggest (he looks comfortably sub-sonic to me, even unamped Links have fought faster characters, in TP Link dealt with combat teleportation and shit.) He probably isn't strong enough to make a difference.

In all likelihood if stopping a braking car is Russel's best strength feat Link backhands his head off. haermm

No, but legit, he draws his sword, Russell does what?

NemeBro
They make his weight increase. Russell doesn't need to alter his weight to stop heavier things than Link needs gear and a struggle to do.

Russell wins. Just admit it. It'll be like a load off your shoulders. It's a yes or no question.

Give a yes or a no.

quanchi112
Nah, the sword is legit sentient and shines whenever seems to be convenient in the series.

Also, assuming Russel even does get the drop on Link as you suggest (he looks comfortably sub-sonic to me, even unamped Links have fought faster characters, in TP Link dealt with combat teleportation and shit.) He probably isn't strong enough to make a difference.

In all likelihood if stopping a braking car is Russel's best strength feat Link backhands his head off. haermm

No, but legit, he draws his sword, Russell does what? Name one character Link has ever backhanded a head off of.

That's the thing you can't just make something up because you really like the character. If the character hasn't done it he can't. It's that simple.

quanchi112
It's a yes or no question.

Give a yes or a no. I gave a thorough answer which means I exceeded your expectations of an answer. Yw.

Blight
Nah, the sword is legit sentient and shines whenever seems to be convenient in the series.

No, but legit, he draws his sword, Russell does what?
You dodge questions like a motherphucker. Show some feats of Link "Dealing" with combat teleportation and shit. Show me a feat of Link having Skin that's steel thickness. I need to see these amazing feats in action. Has the Sword been expressly stated to have sunlight powers?

ScreamPaste
Name one character Link has ever backhanded a head off of.

That's the thing you can't just make something up because you really like the character. If the character hasn't done it he can't. It's that simple. Tosses sixty ton Goron like ragdoll, apparently incapable of dismemberment because T rated game.

Quantum fizziks.

NemeBro
I gave a thorough answer which means I exceeded your expectations of an answer. Yw. You dodged. Stop being a coward.

Do the boots increase the strength of Link's arms, yes or no?

ScreamPaste
You dodge questions like a motherphucker. Show some feats of Link "Dealing" with combat teleportation and shit. Show me a feat of Link having Skin that's steel thickness. I need to see these amazing feats in action. Has the Sword been expressly stated to have sunlight powers? Yes, it has.

iaWVPFVdaZo

Durability.

Z4d8DKYJqb4

Strength and durability.

SbHe8mCCZpw

Persistent combat teleportation.

Scenario already posted the sun power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svgpg2MeHwI#t=12m21s

Robtard
Russel couldn't harm Link. This is a spite thread. Link sits back and lolz, waiting for the sun to rise.

Blight
Hate to break it to you, but that teleporter could have ended Link very quickly if he had teleported behind him and had the power to pierce his heart. Edginton can do both in the blink of an eye. The durability showed no Piercing tank's.

That "Teleporting Combat" was Bullshit in game mechanic's.

Edgington is too fast. He wins.

Robtard
Russel's nails would break; his teeth would shatter before he cuts Link.

Can't believe people are fanboying a character that went out like a whiny chump.

NemeBro
Link can slap Russel's head off.

"Piercing durability" doesn't exist.

quanchi112
Tosses sixty ton Goron like ragdoll, apparently incapable of dismemberment because T rated game.

Quantum fizziks. When he increases his weight he can. Then again he's slower when he dons the boots. So he can't do so withoutu the added weight.

You dodged. Stop being a coward.

Do the boots increase the strength of Link's arms, yes or no? I answered the question. Thoroughly. Again yw.

Blight
Link can slap Russel's head off.

"Piercing durability" doesn't exist.
Proof?

Exactly, and Russell's hand would "Pierce" Link's spine.

the ninjak
Links auto-aim and Shield release is so fast.

Though someone with the speed of Russell could hide and zip behind Link's blind side quickly. And I know Link has a blindside.

The durability feat of being hit with the blunt side of an axe although impressive isn't the same as withstanding a superstrong/fast fist piercing flesh.

The Electromagnetic boots feat combined with hand strength is interesting though. Do the boots make Link kinetically charged to a degree that he can flip a giant monster? Does it really matter?

And the faster than light villain was a weird fool.

People argue that Link being blasted from cannons and landing equals his durability and that's fair.
They also argue Links heart gauge being purely cosmetic in the scheme of things. A test limit of players intelligence to complete the puzzles in game.

But I perceive this as Disney/Looney Tune mechanics. Just because we've never seen a character die doesn't mean they are invincible.
Just because Link survives massive impact damage from a cannon drop doesn't mean he still doesn't receive damage from enemies. Or fire, or lack of oxygen. He isn't invincible.

NemeBro
Piercing durability is not a thing.

Proof? Russel has no durability feats to suggest that Link, who tosses sixty ton Gorons, doesn't separate his head from his torso.

I answered the question. Thoroughly. Again yw. What a friggin' coward. Seriously, get a load of this guy. Can't even answer a simple question.

Blight
Except, you know, the blatant speed difference. I've still yet to see a speed comparable to Russell in this thread.

I hate agreeing with Quanchi as much as the next guy, but I take things at face value.

Nephthys

Tell that to Wonder Woman.

Can take punches from Superman and still needs to block bullets. Because that makes sense.

NemeBro
Link doesn't have to be as fast when his opponent can't damage him and he wields a sword that emanates sunlight.

Link could flail his arms blindly while spinning in a circle, and this tornado of destruction would make Russel coming closer a very bad idea, because a single stray flail takes his head off.

the ninjak
Links auto-aim and Shield release is so fast.

Though someone with the speed of Russell could hide and zip behind Link's blind side quickly. And I know Link has a blindside.

The durability feat of being hit with the blunt side of an axe although impressive isn't the same as withstanding a superstrong/fast fist piercing flesh.

The Electromagnetic boots feat combined with hand strength is interesting though. Do the boots make Link kinetically charged to a degree that he can flip a giant monster? Does it really matter?

And the faster than light villain was a weird fool.

People argue that Link being blasted from cannons and landing equals his durability and that's fair.
They also argue Links heart gauge being purely cosmetic in the scheme of things. A test limit of players intelligence to complete the puzzles in game.

But I perceive this as Disney/Looney Tune mechanics. Just because we've never seen a character die doesn't mean they are invincible.
Just because Link survives massive impact damage from a cannon drop doesn't mean he still doesn't receive damage from enemies. Or fire, or lack of oxygen. He isn't invincible.

I'm on no side. Link has this fight if he plays smart. But it's the fundemental rules that trouble me.

NemeBro
If Link's enemies can harm Link, it's because they are stronger than Russel.

Robtard
TB vampires are more durable than normal humans but they more rely on their healing factor to survive injuries.

Normal humans can pierce and kill them easily with a length of sharpened wood.

Blight
If Link's enemies can harm Link, it's because they are stronger than Russel.
laughing well played.

Blight
Originally posted by Robtard
TB vampires are more durable than normal humans but they more rely on their healing factor to survive injuries.

Normal humans can pierce and kill them easily with a length of sharpened wood.

And Kryptonite pierces Superman... so?

Robtard
And Kryptonite pierces Superman... so?

Krptnonite is specifically SM weakness. While a regular knife will still cut a TB vampire; they'll just heal instead of exploding if it was wood.

They're not much more durable than normal humans; that's the point. Link could win with his fist.

Blight
If he could catch him, maybe.

ScreamPaste
If he could catch him, maybe. Not like he fights combat teleporters or anything.

Blight
Not like he fights combat teleporters or anything.
Combat teleporters who conveniently don't use their power to their utmost capability, sure. What does that prove other than a fat pile of nothing?

ScreamPaste
Combat teleporters who conveniently don't use their power to their utmost capability, sure. What does that prove other than a fat pile of nothing? A large part of Zant's strategy is teleporting behind Link and trying to stab him. O-o

AuraAngel
That Link has fought with, meaning reacted to and attacked, people who can teleport.

Blight
A large part of Zant's strategy is teleporting behind Link and trying to stab him. O-o Is it? I didn't see it in the video, must have missed it.

If he can legitimately react to instantaneous teleportation then he would win.

I have just yet to see anything that puts him above it.

ScreamPaste
Is it? I didn't see it in the video, must have missed it.

If he can legitimately react to instantaneous teleportation then he would win.

I have just yet to see anything that puts him above it. It's in one of the later segments of the fight.

Blight
Lemme watch.

EDIT Okay watched.

I call BS. He teleports about 5 feet away from Link's back and starts flailing with wreckless abandon. I hardly see how that compares to a precise heart grab from behind like Russell performs.

Robtard
Have you seen Russel fight? He typically uses his speed to get in close, stops and then attacks.

Link wins 10/10, mainly due to Russell not being able to harm Link. This is a spite thread.

Blight
Have you seen Russel fight? He typically uses his speed to get in close, stops and then attacks.

Link wins 10/10, mainly due to Russell not being able to harm Link. This is a spite thread.
Um.... he uses speed and attacks at that speed, what are you talking about? I just posted him speeding in to rip out a guy's spinal cord, dude...

quanchi112

Proof? Russel has no durability feats to suggest that Link, who tosses sixty ton Gorons, doesn't separate his head from his torso.

What a friggin' coward. Seriously, get a load of this guy. Can't even answer a simple question. What proof do you have a Goron weighs 60 tons ?

I answered your question. Link can't stop them without the added weight. Guy's a super featherweight.Originally posted by Robtard

Link wins 10/10, mainly due to Russell not being able to harm Link. This is a spite thread. You really shouldn't be allowed to post anymore. You always go with who you like more. Quit thinking like a skirt.

Robtard
Um.... he uses speed and attacks at that speed, what are you talking about? I just posted him speeding in to rip out a guy's spinal cord, dude...

Yeah, I watch the show; did you notice he stops?

So he attempts that move on Link; breaks his nails; possibly his hand against Link's insanely high durability and Link then proceeds to destroy him while loling.

AuraAngel
Quan, do boots make him stronger in the arms? Yes or no?

If yes, then explain how.

If no, then Link does have the strength needed to lift a Goron with his arms and the boots merely make his weight even with a Goron.

Those are the only two answers. Pick one.

Robtard
You really shouldn't be allowed to post anymore. You always go with who you like more. Quit thinking like a skirt.

Says the butthurt Russell fanboy. Stop taking my lines too.

the ninjak

If no, then Link does have the strength needed to lift a Goron with his arms and the boots merely make his weight even with a Goron.

Those are the only two answers. Pick one.

Who cares?

If Link gains strength in his upper body due to wearing the boots Russell waits for him to take the boots off.
What exactly is the argument behind Link gaining strength when wearing the boots?

quanchi112

Those are the only two answers. Pick one. Russell doesn't need to make his weight even to a car to casually stop it. Link didn't casually stop a Goron. Hell, even Bo or the old guy who taught him could do so. The boots make it possible.

Says the butthurt Russell fanboy. Stop taking my lines too. Russell is too fast, too strong, and too quick to kill for a guy who needs to bear up to stop a goat.

AuraAngel
Who cares?

If Link gains strength in his upper body due to wearing the boots Russell waits for him to take the boots off.
What exactly is the argument behind Link gaining strength when wearing the boots?

Explain the underlined part.

Russell doesn't need to make his weight even to a car to casually stop it. Link didn't casually stop a Goron. Hell, even Bo or the old guy who taught him could do so. The boots make it possible.

Russell is too fast, too strong, and too quick to kill for a guy who needs to bear up to stop a goat.

Yes but there are two options to what the boots do. Do they:

A: Make his arms stronger.

Or

B: Make him weigh enough that the Gorgon has trouble picking him up/pushing him.

Pick one. A or B.

NemeBro
What proof do you have a Goron weighs 60 tons ?

I answered your question. Link can't stop them without the added weight. Guy's a super featherweight. I was referring to Dangoro, the 30 foot tall armoured Goron, whose weight snapped the chains holding up a huge slab of stone (Honestly, based on that he'd weight much more than 60 tons but it's not important).

No. Answer yes or no. Because if they don't add strength to his arms, Link is physically much stronger than Russel.

Robtard

Russell is too fast, too strong, and too quick to kill for a guy who needs to bear up to stop a goat.

Initially, but he stops after he blitzes in. Stop using the character how you wish, use the character as he's seen.

He's not strong enough to damage Link. This is mainly why it's spite. Link having a sunlight sword is spite in a lovely wrapped box.

He dies just fine. Eric killed him with a little bit of wood.

You made a spite thread, though unintentionally. Just deal with it like a big boy.

quanchi112

Or

B: Make him weigh enough that the Gorgon has trouble picking him up/pushing him.

Pick one. A or B. He needs the boots which greatly destroys or decreases his mobility.

quanchi112
Initially, but he stops after he blitzes in. Stop using the character how you wish, use the character as he's seen.

He's not strong enough to damage Link. This is mainly why it's spite. Link having a sunlight sword is spite in a lovely wrapped box.

He dies just fine. Eric killed him with a little bit of wood.

You made a spite thread, though unintentionally. Just deal with it like a big boy. He killed the black vampire with a blitz and blitzed the elder faerie with a bite. That's two examples.

Now back up Link wins with some examples of something he has actually done.

AuraAngel
He needs the boots which greatly destroys or decreases his mobility.

So which is it? A or B? Your answer leans towards B. Is that the one you choose?

NemeBro
Russel isn't heavier than Link by any extent that would matter.

Link is stronger than Russel.

Link rips him in half.

XanatosForever
He needs the boots which greatly destroys or decreases his mobility.

That sounds like a vote for B.

quanchi112
I was referring to Dangoro, the 30 foot tall armoured Goron, whose weight snapped the chains holding up a huge slab of stone (Honestly, based on that he'd weight much more than 60 tons but it's not important).

No. Answer yes or no. Because if they don't add strength to his arms, Link is physically much stronger than Russel. No, he isn't. Russell can effortlessly stop a car. He doesn't need any bonus item in order to do so. Link should be able to easily stop a goat yet he can't easily do so. He needs the proper technique. Car>>>>>>>>>>>>>goat.

Me>>>>>>>>you.

Russell>>>>>>>>>Link.

the ninjak

Or

Pick one. A or B.

The boots make him F'n slow!

quanchi112

Link rips him in half. Who has Link ripped in half ?Originally posted by XanatosForever
That sounds like a vote for B. You can feel free to put words in my mouth but I already answered the question.

Blight

Link rips him in half.
If he could catch him, then it's possible. Since he can't it's a moot point.

Show me something that states a sword the strength of bone couldn't pierce him.

quanchi112
The boots make him F'n slow! Exactly.

Robtard
He killed the black vampire with a blitz and blitzed the elder faerie with a bite. That's two examples.

Now back up Link wins with some examples of something he has actually done.

So what I said, he stops are be blitzes in. Link capitalizes then and kills him.

There's already pages of feats and youtube clips. Maybe try countering them instead of dodging like a coward, like you are with Neme's questions.

AuraAngel
The boots make him F'n slow!

Sounds like another vote for B.

Which means Link, at base, can lift a Goron. Which is a better feat than stopping a car.

Blight

Which means Link, at base, can lift a Goron. Which is a better feat than stopping a car. Yet not so good on the speed front.

Someone show Link not getting pierced please.

quanchi112

Which means Link, at base, can lift a Goron. Which is a better feat than stopping a car. Link needs the proper technique to stop a goat. How much does a goat weigh ?

NemeBro
No, he isn't. Russell can effortlessly stop a car. He doesn't need any bonus item in order to do so. Link should be able to easily stop a goat yet he can't easily do so. He needs the proper technique. Car>>>>>>>>>>>>>goat.

Me>>>>>>>>you.

Russell>>>>>>>>>Link. It takes more strength to lift Dangoro over your head than it takes to stop a car.

quanchi112
It takes more strength to lift Dangoro over your head than it takes to stop a car. Prove it. Russell casually stopped a car. That to me is far more impressive than requiring boots in order to do so.

the ninjak

Which means Link, at base, can lift a Goron. Which is a better feat than stopping a car.

Hence Russell can test Link running around him and testing his strength/ durability.

Once Link takes off those boots he's dead.
Those boots increase his strength and durability.

NemeBro
Are you implying that Link needed the boots to lift Dangoro over his head after he stopped them?

And Dangoro is far bigger than a car, and solid besides. He is obviously heavier.

Nephthys
I think the idea is that even though Link is strong enough to stop the Goron he doesn't weigh enough to avoid being pushed back. He's still working on physics.

By all rights a 200 lb vampire shouldn't be able to stop a car, no matter how strong he is. But the show is ignoring physics like so many works of fiction do. That doesn't make him stronger though.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think the idea is that even though Link is strong enough to stop the Goron he doesn't weigh enough to avoid being pushed back. He's still working on physics.

By all rights a 200 lb vampire shouldn't be able to stop a car, no matter how strong he is. But the show is ignoring physics like so many works of fiction do. That doesn't make him stronger though. Quan can't comprehend basic physics, stop trying to confuse him.

XanatosForever
You can feel free to put words in my mouth but I already answered the question.

You answered the question in the same way a politician defends his ideals.

If that requires explanation, it means you did not answer the question. It makes two that you've circumvented.

the ninjak
Are you implying that Link needed the boots to lift Dangoro over his head after he stopped them?

And Dangoro is far bigger than a car, and solid besides. He is obviously heavier.

Link can do to the same thing to the boss Dangaro without the boots?, lifting him up and throwing him?

NemeBro
Quan's avoiding a hard question because he's afraid of the answer, don't be mean.

Edit: He can't stop Dangoro without the boots, no, what is your point?

XanatosForever
I'm not being mean, I'm simply stating the current situation.

the ninjak
Quan's avoiding a hard question because he's afraid of the answer, don't be mean.

Edit: He can't stop Dangoro without the boots, no, what is your point?

sigh! then Russell runs circles around him until he takes them off!

AuraAngel

He doesn't need to wear them at all. He has all the strength he needs at base.

BloodRain
Who cares if boots are needed to stop a charging Goron (which is correct by physics)? The feat is him /lifting/ and /throwing/ Goron's. Nothing to do with the charge and in no way actions based on Link's height.

Any how like I said, Dorf easily dodges arrows and Link can equal his speed in combat. It may be half bullet speed, but that should be fine seeing as Link only needs a single hit.

NemeBro
sigh! then Russell runs circles around him until he takes them off! Holy shit, it's like speaking to a ****ing child.

Link needs the boots to stop Dangoro because he's heavy, not because he's too weak to do so. The boots play absolutely no factor in Link lifting Dangoro over his head.

Russel is not heavier than Link, he doesn't need the boots to stop him.

the ninjak
Holy shit, it's like speaking to a ****ing child.

Link needs the boots to stop Dangoro because he's heavy, not because he's too weak to do so. The boots play absolutely no factor in Link lifting Dangoro over his head.

Russel is not heavier than Link, he doesn't need the boots to stop him.

It's got nothing to do with stopping Russell it has everything to do with Links durability stopping Russell from stopping Russell's fist from tearing Links spine out!
I ask questions and Pro Link team plays runaround.

And I didn't just state stopping the boss I stated throwing him!!!!!!!!!!!!~!~

AuraAngel
The boots do not affect Link's durability(except I guess in the foot area) or his arm strength. It pretty much only affects his weight.

NemeBro
erm

What the **** was up with the tangent about him taking the boots off to stop Link then?

And no, Link has survived forces greater than what Russel can output. His body isn't smashed when he stops a charging Dangoro, he survives plummeting to the ground in a cannon of dewm, etc.

the ninjak
Smack Head!

So Link can survive a cannon drop and takes damage from a stick?

You guys are good at playing run around.

I cal it Looney Tune physics. The hero takes circumstantial damage when it suits him/her but when it can kill them....all damage is ignored.

I explained my logic behind the boots just fine.

NemeBro
Actually it just proves that the common Zelda enemy is stronger than Russel. smile

the ninjak
Actually it just proves that the common Zelda enemy is stronger than Russel. smile

No it doesn't it just proves Russell can hurt Link. If not chip away at his hearts and cause a fatality.

NemeBro
Afraid not.

You don't get to throw out Link's durability feats just because you don't like them.

the ninjak
Afraid not.

You don't get to throw out Link's durability feats just because you don't like them.

Yes I do.Originally posted by the ninjak
Smack Head!

So Link can survive a cannon drop and takes damage from a stick?

You guys are good at playing run around.

I cal it Looney Tune physics. The hero takes circumstantial damage when it suits him/her but when it can kill them....all damage is ignored.

I explained my logic behind the boots just fine.

Nephthys
Lol, Toonforce.

I love these arguments. No sarcasm.

The Scenario
Link can do to the same thing to the boss Dangaro without the boots?, lifting him up and throwing him?

Link cannot stop Dangoro's rolling without the boots. No one is arguing against this particular point. However, Link then picks up and throws Dangoro, which is the strength feat we're talking about.

Now, the Iron Boots have no purpose except to make Link heavier. They do nothing else. That should mean that Link picking up and throwing Dangoro, using his upper body strength, has absolutely nothing to do with the boots. However, quanchi seems to think that Link needs the boots to throw things, hence the "do the boots make Link stronger?" question he keeps dodging. If the answer is yes, he's denying what the boots canonically do and making up a power they don't have. If the answer is no, he's conceding that Link has super strength.

I hope this helps everyone involved.

By the way, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJACleGuOs#t=4m37s

Not what we're saying. The mechanics argument is that game mechanics such as health and damage aren't an accurate representation of a character, only the story (cutscenes and required events) is canon, whereas the "optional" gameplay is not.

Link being hit by a bokoblin in the game is not canon.
Link being hit by a bokoblin in cutscene, however, is canon.

So is Link's durability improving during the game, as he gains power. This is not the same as saying the Piece of Heart mechanic is also canon. One is a statement made in game by reliable characters and steadily improving feats, while the other is a non-canon health bar. Link in the beginning of the game can be knocked out by a bokoblin with a club, but later take a blunt axe to the face without damage, but it isn't because he has more hearts.

Exposition over.

NemeBro
Wow, this thread has really opened my eyes.

Obviously GTA characters can survive being ridden with assault rifle bullets, and never die even when shot in the head, they are just sent to the hospital, and out in an hour.

ScreamPaste
Story/Gameplay segregation. It's pretty simple. In the face of Link's durability the enemies that harm him in gameplay either cannot actually do so or are strong as ****.

the ninjak
So Link still has the strength to throw Dangaro without the boots? Agreed.

And without the boots he takes damage? Agreed.

That's all I wanted to know. So how come a superfast vampire can't pierce him from behind?

ScreamPaste
So Link still has the strength to throw Dangaro without the boots? Agreed.

And without the boots he takes damage? Agreed.

That's all I wanted to know. So how come a superfast vampire can't pierce him from behind? Well, no, he doesn't take damage without the boots because he's still just as durable, he's just not heavy enough to stop a heavier mass in motion with so little space.

Because Russell doesn't seem to be strong enough. =P

BloodRain
I remember testing that. Iirc after Link stops Dangoro's charge you can take the boots off and proceed to pick up and throw him. So yeah, strength.

Without the boots he gets knocked back because physics says that's what happens regardless of strength.

the ninjak
Well, no, he doesn't take damage without the boots because he's still just as durable, he's just not heavy enough to stop a heavier mass in motion with so little space.

Because Russell doesn't seem to be strong enough. =P

So Link doesn't take damage when he isn't wearing the boots when Dangaro rolls into him?

Nephthys
I dunno. Someone as strong as Russel moving as fast as he does might be able to beat Link to death eventually.

NemeBro
So how come a superfast vampire can't pierce him from behind? Dude gay.

BloodRain
Is Russel supersonic?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Nephthys
I dunno. Someone as strong as Russel moving as fast as he does might be able to beat Link to death eventually.
good.
Dude gay.
gay.
Is Russel supersonic?
Idk. just fast enough to run across states.

Nephthys
How long did it take him and which states?

the ninjak
OK I understand so a basic rule of videos within a game solidifies what a character can in fact withstand in regards to damage over what the gameplay itself shows the character taking?

That's something that needs to be shown in the rules of the All Versus Forum for us peoples who didn't spend time in the GVF.

It's a nice rule. thumb up

Wow, this thread has really opened my eyes.

Obviously GTA characters can survive being ridden with assault rifle bullets, and never die even when shot in the head, they are just sent to the hospital, and out in an hour.

Yeah these kinds of feats like Hitman 47 taking such damge always troubled me in regards to such threads. I'm aware now.
Gotta learn eventually.

ScreamPaste
OK I understand so a basic rule of videos within a game solidifies what a character can in fact withstand in regards to damage over what the gameplay itself shows the character taking?

That's something that needs to be shown in the rules of the All Versus Forum for us peoples who didn't spend time in the GVF.

It's a nice rule. thumb up Basically, this, yes. stick out tongue

Does that clear it up, and we can be cool now?

NemeBro
We can never be cool.

ScreamPaste
We can never be cool. You're just jealous.

the ninjak
Basically, this, yes. stick out tongue

Does that clear it up, and we can be cool now?

Yeah we're cool.

We can never be cool.

You'll never be cool. Just angry as hell.

Blight
If this forum adopts the videogame rules it will become a wasteland, just like the videogame forum already is.

ScreamPaste
If this forum adopts the videogame rules it will become a wasteland, just like the videogame forum already is. The rules had nothing to do with that.

AuraAngel
The rules had nothing to do with that.

Well maybe the rule "Original characters only" might have.

ScreamPaste
Well maybe the rule "Original characters only" might have. It eventually was fairly ignored, there was just nothing left to discuss.

quanchi112
Quan can't comprehend basic physics, stop trying to confuse him. You can't comprehend that in areas of fiction physics are frequently ignored. It's called fiction, nerd.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
You answered the question in the same way a politician defends his ideals.

If that requires explanation, it means you did not answer the question. It makes two that you've circumvented. I explained myself.

quanchi112
If this forum adopts the videogame rules it will become a wasteland, just like the videogame forum already is. I agree. Also the petty reporting over childish things doesn't need to take place here either. Grown men debate here no need to report someone because they claim a spite thread was created. It's so wimpy imo.

NemeBro
You can't comprehend that in areas of fiction physics are frequently ignored. It's called fiction, nerd. In Zelda, this area of physics isn't.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>