Best Single Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Ok what powers would you say are some of the most powerful in a real world setting?

No Magic/Reality/Molecule powers

Imho Spider-sence is an incredibly underrated power,

Stoic
Super Speed

pym-ftw
^Friction burn

DarkSaint85
Telekinesis.

MIND BULLETS!

pym-ftw
An invisible attack is hard to fight against

Stoic
Originally posted by pym-ftw
^Friction burn

I wonder if light weight titanium armor would help? If not there's always KY Jelly.

DarkSaint85
Once you figure it out, though, IR goggles would defeat you.

As would paint.

pym-ftw
Chafing would still be an issue

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
I wonder if light weight titanium armor would help? If not there's always KY Jelly.

It'll heat up, then gently cook you inside. Unless you had a good cooling system built in.....

Stoic
Super Strength would likely be one of the best real world setting powers. Your durability would naturally go up because how would you ever lift a train without the added durability. You're speed would likely increase as well to a very large degree. Poison would likely hurt you, but being very strong and durable would probably cancel out the damaging effects.

I switch my answer to Super Strength.

DarkSaint85
Nah, you won't be able to lift a train....it would break apart because proportionally, you'd have tiny hands.

And you'd better hope you had good muscle control, because otherwise, your every step would smash the pavement/floor.

Plus, working out would be a *****....

8swords
sharinganysque abilities,

you could easily outmove an opponent and hypnotize

DarkSaint85
So what would that be, if you had to describe it to a non Naruto fan?

Juk3n
teleportation a la Nightcrawler by a mile.

Sin I AM
Adaptability....Darwins powerset is the shit

Slaanesh
telepathy..

pym-ftw
Telepathy for me personally, but the fact is the spider precog can alert you to almost anything

Sin I AM
Telepathy for me personally, but the fact is the spider precog can alert you to almost anything

Which would suck without reflexes to match

DarkSaint85
'Oh shit, a bulle-'

*BANG*

But then, most powers would suck without the reflexes to match. Teleportation? Say you were about to be hit by a car. Without the reflexes, you'd still get smooshed. Same with the adaptability powerset - if I sniped you from a mile away, you're not going to suddenly become bulletproof or whatever.

DarkSaint85
I also liked The Spot's powers of opening portals. But again, without reflexes, it won't be incredibly useful.

I'd be able to remotely steal stuff, and without ever appearing on camera or having to actually physically be there, it would be the perfect crime.

Cyberpathy would be another amazing one to have.

TheGodKiller
Telekinesis .

TheGodKiller
Technokinesis .

TheGodKiller
Hyper-intelligence .

DarkSaint85
You're just copying my brain patterns now.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You're just copying my brain patterns now.
Great minds think alike .

DarkSaint85
Although, with hyper intelligence, I'd be incredibly bored and lonely, I think.

pym-ftw
Sebastian Shaws power would be cool

KingD19
Being Superman. no expression

DarkSaint85
Does he take damage when he's punched?

pym-ftw
Originally posted by KingD19
Single power

pym-ftw
Does he take damage when he's punched?
He can be overloaded, but no I don't think he takes damage normally

8swords
Originally posted by KingD19

correct me if I'm wrong but, OP says power, not powerset right?

snowdragon
I would probably go with TK, you can use it to mimic strength, shields etc you can also as someone said make "brain bullets" you could fly with it, boost your speed.

Telepathy would be another good one but could be lonely if you ended up in everyone's head and you felt alienated or knew to much lol.

Hyperintelligence could be good also.

I would go with TK though for it's versatility.

Nibedicus
Hyperintelligence. Or something akin to Forge's power. I'd be able to cure diseases, create machines that can mimic flight, power blasts, telepathy, all them good sheet.

Mindship
Emagnokinesis (TK control over the electromagnetic interaction). Not only could you do the usual TK matter-manipulating stuff (strength-mimicking, shields, flight, direct attacks), you could also manipulate pure (em/photonic) energy in the absence of any matter (other than your own body).

8swords
Originally posted by snowdragon
I would probably go with TK, you can use it to mimic strength, shields etc you can also as someone said make "brain bullets" you could fly with it, boost your speed.

Telepathy would be another good one but could be lonely if you ended up in everyone's head and you felt alienated or knew to much lol.

Hyperintelligence could be good also.

I would go with TK though for it's versatility.

TK aint much when it comes to real world settings,

you might end up hurting someone,someone else. its also like super strength

Blight
How has no one said Purple Man's power?

I'd own the phucking world.

Uriel005
Although, with hyper intelligence, I'd be incredibly bored and lonely, I think. Be like Hank Pym create androids who think having a relationship with him is like being in a relationship with god.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blight
How has no one said Purple Man's power?

I'd own the phucking world.

And die lonely and bored, without challenges, life is meaningless.

Maybe go with shapeshifting

Sixth_Winged
Self Healing / Regeneration.

Blight
Originally posted by Scoobless

I would use it sparingly sad

vince_slice
Super intelligence. Use it to get rich and collect resources, then find ways to possibly grant yourself other powers if you want. Or just enjoy being rich.

DarkSaint85
But everything would be boring - you'd be unable to enjoy the simple things in life. You'd be poking holes in everything, and be unable to suspend your belief.

juggerman
Batkick!

Juntai
Speedforce.

vince_slice
But everything would be boring - you'd be unable to enjoy the simple things in life. You'd be poking holes in everything, and be unable to suspend your belief.
Maybe if you confine yourself to earth, but there's an entire universe to explore and investigate with your super intelligence. I think that should keep you entertained. Reed is a good example.

Even then I don't think our ability to derive pleasure comes from our intelligence. Tony is a prime example. I'm sure his super intelligence doesn't hinder the pleasure he gets from partying as a billionaire and sleeping with girls. stick out tongue

Stoic
Nah, you won't be able to lift a train....it would break apart because proportionally, you'd have tiny hands.

And you'd better hope you had good muscle control, because otherwise, your every step would smash the pavement/floor.

Plus, working out would be a *****....

I could deal with that small draw back.

Originally posted by vince_slice
Maybe if you confine yourself to earth, but there's an entire universe to explore and investigate with your super intelligence. I think that should keep you entertained. Reed is a good example.

Even then I don't think our ability to derive pleasure comes from our intelligence. Tony is a prime example. I'm sure his super intelligence doesn't hinder the pleasure he gets from partying as a billionaire and sleeping with girls. stick out tongue

Being super smart doesn't mean that you would be super rich. There are a lot of very smart, very poor people out there. While many stupid people are rich, Take former President Bush as a prime example. Imagine being super smart, while suffering from being too lazy to make your ideas a reality? Bummer.

Sin I AM
'Oh shit, a bulle-'

*BANG*

But then, most powers would suck without the reflexes to match. Teleportation? Say you were about to be hit by a car. Without the reflexes, you'd still get smooshed. Same with the adaptability powerset - if I sniped you from a mile away, you're not going to suddenly become bulletproof or whatever.

That's not how adaption works

JakeTheBank
Being popular with the fanbase.

Badabing
Flight, strength or invisibility.

Nihilist
Punching power.

More often than not simple punching away often solves most things/wins most battles.

zopzop
Absolute best power in a real world scenario belongs to Purple Man and his daughter Persuasion which is uber powerful mind control over masses of people.

Most versatile would be either TK or TP. There's a trick uber telepaths can do, mind jumping (where you literally switch bodies/minds with another person), you'd be immortal. But you'd have to have no conscious though because mindrapes of that caliber are evil.

I'd go with TP.

TheGodKiller
Chronokinesis .

Black bolt z
What's control of technology called? In today's day and age it'd be incredibly useful.

Zack Fair
Super Speed

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What's control of technology called? In today's day and age it'd be incredibly useful.
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Technokinesis .

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What's control of technology called? In today's day and age it'd be incredibly useful. Technopath

pym-ftw

He is also a recovering alcoholic

JayDaDon
Duplication ala Maddrox. Can't list the number of times I've wanted to be several places at once and collect all the experiences at the end of the day. I could get one of my duplicates to make me a sandwich. I could get one of my dupes to work my job fulltime while I play Xbox and live my life. As long as they act as I would act and remain totally obediant, life would be golden.

asdf83
Healing factor. Virtual immunity to diseases and a highly extended youth--what's not to love? The chances of regularly getting severely injured like Wolverine does is basically nil in real life, so the pain factor isn't a big deal. Also, I'm not immortal/invincible, so if I ever do get sick of living for whatever reason I can always go drown myself.

The only downside that I see is that I can't get drunk anymore.

MF DELPH

thumb up

Techno-organic shapeshifting, to be specific. You can simulate pretty much all other superpowers with the proper know how and creative use of your powers, as well as regenerate your cells or just shift into a substance that doesn't decay or corrode for makeshift immortality/life extension.

psycho gundam
and give yourself embolisms by accident. no thanks

Shabazz916
Magnetos powers.

pym-ftw
I'm kinda suprised no one said, Elementalist

vince_slice
I could deal with that small draw back.

Being super smart doesn't mean that you would be super rich. There are a lot of very smart, very poor people out there. While many stupid people are rich, Take former President Bush as a prime example. Imagine being super smart, while suffering from being too lazy to make your ideas a reality? Bummer.
You don't think having Reed or Tony level super intelligence will help you get rich in the real world? Bush isn't a good example because he was born into riches, just like Paris Hilton. But you don't think someone who's built their fortune from the ground up is smart?

He is also a recovering alcoholic
Hmmm, he's also a billionaire playboy with an iron man suit. I think its worth the trade off.

DarkSaint85
Super strength = never having sex again. No thanks.

Having super intelligence without the opportunity/drive is pretty much useless. You think every poor person is dumb/lazy? Nah. There must be a ton of intelligent, driven poor people out there - but that does not necessarily make them rich.

Mindset
Depends on the level of ability we get on which power I'd choose.

Probably tk though.

Mindset
Originally posted by MF DELPH
thumb up

Techno-organic shapeshifting, to be specific. You can simulate pretty much all other superpowers with the proper know how and creative use of your powers, as well as regenerate your cells or just shift into a substance that doesn't decay or corrode for makeshift immortality/life extension. Get off Apocalypse's nuts.

-Pr-
Originally posted by MF DELPH
thumb up

Techno-organic shapeshifting, to be specific. You can simulate pretty much all other superpowers with the proper know how and creative use of your powers, as well as regenerate your cells or just shift into a substance that doesn't decay or corrode for makeshift immortality/life extension.

If you had a wish, you'd wish for three more wishes wouldn't you.

Mindset

Having super intelligence without the opportunity/drive is pretty much useless. You think every poor person is dumb/lazy? Nah. There must be a ton of intelligent, driven poor people out there - but that does not necessarily make them rich. If we are talking about intelligence on Reed/Doom level than you don't even need drive to become rich.

Just make the stock market your ***** or easily invent the new ipod and sell it.

h1a8
Seeing parallel future (like on the movie next but not limited) is good and has good potential. But IMO not the best.

High end Telepathy (reading, controlling, and sensing what multiple minds are thinking) is probably the best. It grants intelligence (can read the brightest minds), wealth, sex from anyone, power over the world. The only power that trumps this is something involving gaining immortality.

Time control-can lead to death or something terrible if you mess up. Future seeing is better.

Teleportation is almost useless since if government finds out then you can be caught snoozing and shot

Super Intelligence is iffy and is only as good depending on what is possible in the real universe. Time travel to past, or gaining extra powers, etc. may not be possible. So someone must take a chance on this one. Potentially it can be better than telepathy though.

Technopathy (can give yourself good credit, wealth, etc.). You can just use TP to do these things. So TP is better, unless you want to live longer.

TK is useless (still can be shot when caught snoozing)

Flight is useless (can be shot down)

Speed is useless (you can be still caught snoozing by a sniper with a silencer)
Being invisible would be fun but TP is better. That way you can make people think you are invisible. Not that you would really need too.

Adaptability (Darwin's power) is also iffy. The only plus is gaining immortality.

So in the real world I choose high end TP over immortality. What good is being immortal if you will be eventually lonely and can't explore space because you have no flight powers.

But in the comic world I choose high end intelligence (I can gain other powers, including TP).

Anything I'm missing?

Stoic
You don't think having Reed or Tony level super intelligence will help you get rich in the real world? Bush isn't a good example because he was born into riches, just like Paris Hilton. But you don't think someone who's built their fortune from the ground up is smart?

Hmmm, he's also a billionaire playboy with an iron man suit. I think its worth the trade off.

Intelligence does not equate being rich. Most inventor's become rich off of low tech ideas, because let's face it, who the hell can afford a Holodeck to play their video games in a normal home setting. big grin.

Also not all brilliant people are the get up and goers that we read about in comics, I mean when was the last time you read several technical 900 page text books in under a month?

If you go back to the days of slavery, there were many brilliant slaves, but they lacked resources. Try inventing something and pay attention to the most successful inventions to see the day of light. Like I said it's usually things like letter openers and bagged milk openers, or clothes hangers that make the bucks. How much do you think an invention for cars run on kinetic energy would cost?

It's your choice though.

Having super intelligence without the opportunity/drive is pretty much useless. You think every poor person is dumb/lazy? Nah. There must be a ton of intelligent, driven poor people out there - but that does not necessarily make them rich.

No my super strength will be controllable so I can go from human level to Hercules with a thought. That's one super power, with all of the perks and none of the fuss. stick out tongue Yeah so take that. Want another?

stick out tongue

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8

Anything I'm missing? Someone shooting you.

DarkSaint85
You can control the force of your ejaculations? That's some pretty neat Tai Chi-level shit right there stick out tongue

Stoic
Seeing parallel future (like on the movie next but not limited) is good and has good potential. But IMO not the best.

High end Telepathy (reading, controlling, and sensing what multiple minds are thinking) is probably the best. It grants intelligence (can read the brightest minds), wealth, sex from anyone, power over the world. The only power that trumps this is something involving gaining immortality.

Time control-can lead to death or something terrible if you mess up. Future seeing is better.

Teleportation is almost useless since if government finds out then you can be caught snoozing and shot

Super Intelligence is iffy and is only as good depending on what is possible in the real universe. Time travel to past, or gaining extra powers, etc. may not be possible. So someone must take a chance on this one. Potentially it can be better than telepathy though.

Technopathy (can give yourself good credit, wealth, etc.). You can just use TP to do these things. So TP is better, unless you want to live longer.

TK is useless (still can be shot when caught snoozing)

Flight is useless (can be shot down)

Speed is useless (you can be still caught snoozing by a sniper with a silencer)
Being invisible would be fun but TP is better. That way you can make people think you are invisible. Not that you would really need too.

Adaptability (Darwin's power) is also iffy. The only plus is gaining immortality.

So in the real world I choose high end TP over immortality. What good is being immortal if you will be eventually lonely and can't explore space because you have no flight powers.

But in the comic world I choose high end intelligence (I can gain other powers, including TP).

Anything I'm missing?

Yeah Super Strength

Stoic
Can no one see how horrible telepathy would be?

DarkSaint85
I can. But its all about control.

You may think damn, I'm gonna hear everyone's thoughts 24/7!!! OMG!

But the truth is, you hear things 24/7 with your ears. We are constantly surrounded by noise. We're still alive.

Mindset
Human thoughts are sporadic and retarded.

Listening to someone's thought would be like watching 50 different television channels at once.

Stoic
I can. But its all about control.

You may think damn, I'm gonna hear everyone's thoughts 24/7!!! OMG!

But the truth is, you hear things 24/7 with your ears. We are constantly surrounded by noise. We're still alive.

Hearing and feeling are two different things. Shit people commit suicide just dealing with their problems let alone everyone within their neighborhood. If you had TP you would realize very fast why Jesus wept so much.

Mindset
I want tk so I can go full Tetuso mode on you bitches.

DarkSaint85
Telepathically tell them to STFU then....and then pretend you're God.

MY CHILD, IF I SO MUCH AS HEAR ONE MORE WHINE FROM YOU, I'MA GONNA RAISE SOME PLAGUES UP IN YO ASS! I WILL GET ALL BIBLICAL AND SHIT, THERE WILL BE FROGS AND TOADS AND MOTHERPHUCKIN SALAMANDERS FALLIN OUT THE SKY

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
I want tk so I can go full Tetuso mode on you bitches.

You can't.

DarkSaint85 holds the rights to TK.

Mindset
Actually, I choose the willpower of Doom and take everyone else's powers.

Stoic
Telepathically tell them to STFU then....and then pretend you're God.

MY CHILD, IF I SO MUCH AS HEAR ONE MORE WHINE FROM YOU, I'MA GONNA RAISE SOME PLAGUES UP IN YO ASS! I WILL GET ALL BIBLICAL AND SHIT, THERE WILL BE FROGS AND TOADS AND MOTHERPHUCKIN SALAMANDERS FALLIN OUT THE SKY

I think it would be horrible. Imagine walking up the street being hit on by undesirables. "hmm nice butt" or.... Well you get the picture.

Time stops would be very cool too.

Mindset
I think it would be horrible. Imagine walking up the street being hit on by undesirables. "hmm nice butt" or.... Well you get the picture.

Time stops would be very cool too. http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f233/64003d1190810888-clockstoppers-vector-clockstoppers_vector1.jpg

DarkSaint85

Time stops would be very cool too.

Lol seriously? Your biggest gripe is that you'll hear ugly people hitting on you?

I get that all the time. I'm ugly person catnip.

-Pr-
I don't want telepathy, as I really don't want to know what some people might think about me.

TK? Nope, as I don't want to wake up from a bad dream and realise that I've levelled half of my house.

Super strength? Only if it was like Colossus, and I could turn it on and off at will.

Super Speed? No.

Teleportation? Too many thinks can go wrong, tbh.

Super intelligence? Yes, definitely.

Total Recall? Yep.

Time stopping? Maybe.

DarkSaint85
Hmmm, not sure about total recall. Sure, you can remember the best events of your life, and everything you've ever learnt...
But the most tragic events of your life would be always there in super HD focus.

I like time stopping too. Although, if control was an issue, you'd sleep and wake up, only to find that 100 years had passed.....

Mindset
Also, like I said, most of these powers depend on what level we're talking about here.

Super intelligence > total recall, by a lot.

Anyway, anything other than TK is gayfers.

DarkSaint85

QFT

Stoic
Also, like I said, most of these powers depend on what level we're talking about here.

Super intelligence > total recall, by a lot.

Yeah but you'd have to walk around with a lot of Scotties due to nose bleeds. Oh and Tylenol and bottled water to wash it all down. Oh and then comes the ulcers from all of the pain killers that you've taken for the migraines.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't want telepathy, as I really don't want to know what some people might think about me.

TK? Nope, as I don't want to wake up from a bad dream and realise that I've levelled half of my house.

Super strength? Only if it was like Colossus, and I could turn it on and off at will.

Super Speed? No.

Teleportation? Too many thinks can go wrong, tbh.

Super intelligence? Yes, definitely.

Total Recall? Yep.

Time stopping? Maybe.

Yeah I can see how teleporting into a wall could suck donkey crack. Lol.

Mindset
Yeah but you'd have to walk around with a lot of Scotties due to nose bleeds. Oh and Tylenol and bottled water to wash it all down. Oh and then comes the ulcers from all of the pain killers that you've taken for the migraines. I wouldn't get any of those side affects because I'm a real man.

DarkSaint85
Why would you get those as a side effect?

Stoic
Has anyone named invulnerability with an on or off switch? i would be the Ultimate Soldier. I'd eat grenades, and be a poison taste tester, and be the a Mascot that rode nuclear missiles to their targets, screaming DIE PIGS.

Yeah that would be the coolest.

DarkSaint85
Nope, no one has said that.

You'd be essentially Brit.

Hyperion Prime
weather powers for the win

BlackZero30x
The same power I long for.....

complete Invulnerability. It would also give you a degree of super strength.

psycho gundam
I don't want telepathy, as I really don't want to know what some people might think about me. haha, cause it would be redundant since they already tell you eek!

Mindset
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
The same power I long for.....

complete Invulnerability. It would also give you a degree of super strength. What happens when you get a tumah!?

Diesldude
Immortality if this is not allowed, then Invulnerability.

carver9
Telepath

BlackZero30x
What happens when you get a tumah!?

I would assume it wouldn't hurt me lol

Mindset
It'll just kill you.

BlackZero30x
but it wont hurt

Mindset
Who hurt you, blackzero?

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
haha, cause it would be redundant since they already tell you eek!

Sorry, I meant actual people. Not faceless avatars online.

Mindset
Sorry, I meant actual people. Not faceless avatars online. Shots fired.

BlackZero30x
PR is constantly hurting me....not just emotionally either...ever since he became a mod :'(

psycho gundam
Sorry, I meant actual people. Not faceless avatars online. that's who i was talking about aswell, unless you were going to use your telepathy online....

Scoobless
Matter manipulation, can make my own money, house, food, whatever ... ala Atom Eve

Mindset
State Alchemist.

-Pr-
that's who i was talking about aswell, unless you were going to use your telepathy online....

So my boss and coworkers really do like me, and my lady really wants to **** me? Okay, I'll take that.

psycho gundam
Matter manipulation, can make my own money, house, food, whatever ... ala Atom Eve now ask yourself: would you eat food that you've yourself created through scrambling molecules around?

DarkSaint85
Yes....especially if I can recreate all the taste without the harmful things in it.

Example: BBQ without the carcinogens.

Scoobless
Sorry, I meant actual people. Not faceless avatars online.

But .... my avatar HAS a face.

Well , facemask anyway.

no expression

Katya
My top 5 would be;

Telepathy, invisibility, telekinesis, shape shifting and intangibility.

psycho gundam
Yes....especially if I can recreate all the taste without the harmful things in it.

Example: BBQ without the carcinogens. "without" is fine cause it's simply not a factor, but the actual makeup of the proteins is a liiittle more complex don't you think?

you might trade off carcinogens for a radioactive baby back rib that makes your stomach lining come off cause you misplaced some electrons

DarkSaint85
"without" is fine cause it's simply not a factor, but the actual makeup of the proteins is a liiittle more complex don't you think?

Nope.

Because I'm a boss like that.

In any case, we're kinda making the assumption I have sufficient control over it to do what I want with the power.

Otherwise, it like saying you want TP...but without control, your every little stray thought gets beamed into the minds of everyone on Earth.

psycho gundam
isn't that the point of making these threads? how they're applied in this world

edit* actually, control is a factor cause since you brought up telepathy, there is a difference between charles xaviar and some other guy with telepathy

Inhuman
Single power. Molecule mans power.
or matter manipulation.

now ask yourself: would you eat food that you've yourself created through scrambling molecules around?

shit yeah!

DarkSaint85
isn't that the point of making these threads? how they're applied in this world

edit* actually, control is a factor cause since you brought up telepathy, there is a difference between charles xaviar and some other guy with telepathy

Yeah, the OP just said most powerful in a real world setting.

So for it to be of any use, I'm assuming you have some semblance of control, and its of a high enough level to make a difference.

TK, for example, is useless if I have no control over it, and all I can do with it is move water droplets very slowly a centimetre at a time.

NemeBro
Super ventriloquism.

Raptor22
I'd take time control. Being able to freeze time and travel forward and backward thru time. Aside from getting rich with knowledge of the future and stuff like that, It would be great to be able to travel to all the iconic moments in history, freeze time, find a good spot to chill and watch how things really played out. Then do the same in the future.

DarkSaint85
SUPER WEAVING!

http://superdickery.com/images/stories/stupor/1506superweaving4go.jpg

StyleTime
As Mindset pointed out, this largely depends on the level of powers we're talking here. I think the particular interpretation of a powerset is important too. Not all telepaths kill over from unwanted noise, like people are pretending.

The OP ruled out reality manipulation, which is my first choice so...

I'd likely go with telepathy. It'd be like having a cheat code to life.

psycho gundam
Yeah, the OP just said most powerful in a real world setting.

So for it to be of any use, I'm assuming you have some semblance of control, and its of a high enough level to make a difference.

TK, for example, is useless if I have no control over it, and all I can do with it is move water droplets very slowly a centimetre at a time. the first retort from the OP was "friction burn" when some one brought up the vague power of "super speed". on the positive side you could make some decent coin making water colour paintings with your mind smile

Raptor22
Would "the force" count as a single power or would it be more like magic in the sense that u can do multiple things with it?

DarkSaint85
Nah, would take too long, and all my paintings would suck ass.

He brought up friction burn because in the real world, no matter how much control you have, or the level of your superspeed, you will get heat friction. Unless of course your super speed limited you to running at like 75mph. Flash gets away with it with the Speed Force...not sure how Quicksilver gets away with it, though.

Mindset

He brought up friction burn because in the real world, no matter how much control you have, or the level of your superspeed, you will get heat friction. Unless of course your super speed limited you to running at like 75mph. Flash gets away with it with the Speed Force...not sure how Quicksilver gets away with it, though. Your muscles wouldn't be able to hold up at 75mph.

StyleTime
Mine would.

DarkSaint85
Your muscles wouldn't be able to hold up at 75mph.

Strict cardio, and body weight exercises only. And Euro Training.

Mindset
Originally posted by StyleTime
Mine would. You have girl muscles, you big fat girl!

psycho gundam

He brought up friction burn because in the real world, no matter how much control you have, or the level of your superspeed, you will get heat friction. Unless of course your super speed limited you to running at like 75mph. Flash gets away with it with the Speed Force...not sure how Quicksilver gets away with it, though. quicksilver's power was a lot more thought out then flash's, let me tell you. quicksilver's mutant power is a physique that is made for high speed travel down to the cartilage in his knees.

anyway, it is a hell of a lot easier to compensate for the wind and debris you'd encounter going 150 kph than it would be to make sure you make edible meat out of a garbage bag full of leaves

DarkSaint85
I never see Quicksilver eating. His calorie requirements must be enormous, how does he get the fuel?

And he runs far in excess of 150kph...between replacing his shoes and eating all the time, how does he have time to do superheroing?

Stoic
Yeah all hail Super Speed. Imagine doing 700 mph, and getting a muscle spasm. Ouch ha ha. I'm thinking that it would be a really bad power to have.

DarkSaint85
I'm guessing you'd also age quicker...

NemeBro
Realistically, super strength is the best "physical power", because, if we're being realistic, with super strength comes super durability and super speed. You have the strength to lift shit, the speed to go places quickly, and the durability to be fine when you trip and faceplant into a building.

But as StyleTime said, it sort of depends on the levels we're talking.

Does spatial manipulation count as reality warping? estahuh

psycho gundam
I never see Quicksilver eating. His calorie requirements must be enormous, how does he get the fuel?

And he runs far in excess of 150kph...between replacing his shoes and eating all the time, how does he have time to do superheroing? his calorie intake wasn't that big on an issue due to his power making high speed a lot more efficient iirc, and reed richards makes a lot of the costumes for heroes so maybe that's the case.

StyleTime
You have girl muscles, you big fat girl!
http://i.imgur.com/64C25.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by NemeBro
Realistically, super strength is the best "physical power", because, if we're being realistic, with super strength comes super durability and super speed. You have the strength to lift shit, the speed to go places quickly, and the durability to be fine when you trip and faceplant into a building.

But as StyleTime said, it sort of depends on the levels we're talking.

Does spatial manipulation count as reality warping? estahuh

DarkSaint85
his calorie intake wasn't that big on an issue due to his power making high speed a lot more efficient iirc, and reed richards makes a lot of the costumes for heroes so maybe that's the case.

Well, at least he won't have to poop so much, seeing as he's hyper efficient....

psycho gundam
Well, at least he won't have to poop so much, seeing as he's hyper efficient.... well, he does have social issues cause his mind works really fast. i forget the issue number, but in an x-factor comic he revealed to doc samson (during a psyche session) that the world is too slow for him and he gets extremely bored by everything and everyone around him. during the brief session he completes a puzzle of a snail in which irony was samson's intent

DarkSaint85
Does he have a healing factor, too? Otherwise, every cut will spray blood everywhere Kill Bill style, thanks to that enlarged heart he must have to carry all that blood at high pressure...

NemeBro
well, he does have social issues cause his mind works really fast. i forget the issue number, but in an x-factor comic he revealed to doc samson (during a psyche session) that the world is too slow for him and he gets extremely bored by everything and everyone around him. during the brief session he completes a puzzle of a snail in which irony was samson's intent I believe he referred to his every day life as being similar to waiting in line at the DMV behind a really slow person. Only everyone is that person.

-Pr-
I remember the scene where Flash had to choose between one of his kids. That sucled.

TheGodKiller
Anything I'm missing?
Two things actually : pinching power and fluff manipulation .

Edit : As Saint pointed out below , there's a 3rd thing as well - egg smashing .

DarkSaint85
Two things actually : pinching power and fluff manipulation .

Egg smashing.

TheGodKiller
Invulnerability .

TheGodKiller
Egg smashing.
Included .

Stoic
Invulnerability .

Yeah I know. Imagine doing belly flops off of high rise buildings?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>