Link vs Goku!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T-Wrecks
There are two groups I've noticed that are unable to accept the defeat of their beloved character regardless of proof or logic, so it's time they pitted their collective butthurt against each other! Link fanboys vs Goku fanboys! Who will win!?

So this is whoever the most powerful Link is (I keep hearing A Link to the Past is the strongest...), with the master sword, all of that specific game's equipment and the Triforce WITHOUT wishing abilities.

This is peak Goku who is able to reach SS4, he can make any sized spirit bomb if he has the time and he gets 1 senzu bean.

Ok nerds, have at it geek

NemeBro
You're a vagina.

T-Wrecks
Hahahahaha, am I a pretty vagina? big grin

Blight
You gave Link no wishing ability!!

Goku grabs his dragon ballz and wishes!!

BOOM

/thread

Nephthys
You could probably give him the wishing powers and Goku would still cut him in half with a karate chop.

T-Wrecks
Ok, to be fair, no Dragon Balls, unless it's to wish for Pantie wink

AuraAngel
Goku stomps Link.

T-Wrecks
But Link can do all this stuff, I guess, because he's like super powered or something, so I've heard -_-

ScreamPaste
Goku wins. He's a planet buster. haermm Spite thread, reported. no expression

T-Wrecks
Giving up so easily huh, I thought Link had godlike powers and all that jazz, so are saying he doesn't now?

AuraAngel
Link vs Luffy is one thing. I designed the thread so that it could be argued.

This? Goku could kill one hundred Links and one hundred Luffys with ease. This is complete spite.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by T-Wrecks
Giving up so easily huh, I thought Link had godlike powers and all that jazz, so are saying he doesn't now?

Why would I argue Link against a planet buster?

Lets be honest, you made this thread because posts supporting Link disagree with your preconceived notions about him, IE that he's sub-peak human.

Feats are supplied to show he's a capable meta-human, and yes, with the completed triforce he'd be pretty god-like.

This doesn't mean he can handle someone who might be able to bust our solar system. If I had the feats to support it, I would, I don't. So yes, Link loses. And you're reported stick out tongue

T-Wrecks
Well it's not meant to be towards one character or another, this is meant to see which irrational fan base can out dis-logic the other. If it makes it more fair, I'll down grade Goku to SS1, hows that?

ScreamPaste
Well it's not meant to be towards one character or another, this is meant to see which irrational fan base can out dis-logic the other. If it makes it more fair, I'll down grade Goku to SS1, hows that? This is the thing, we're not irrational. Everything we claim is supported by the canon of the games. no expression

You disagree, this does not mean we're irrational. Otherwise where would all these videos of Link doing shit come from? Certainly not Zelda games. durlaugh

AuraAngel
It doesn't lol. Goku really doesn't even need a SSJ transformation at all.

T-Wrecks
My point is that Link fans think he can beat anyone, and Goku fans think the same thing and they both play mental gymnastics to make it seem that way. This about the unstoppable force meeting the immoveable object. I just want to see these two fan bases duke it out...

Blight
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Goku wins. He's a planet buster. haermm Spite thread, reported. no expression
Sour sour milk. To go to the lengths of snitching.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Blight
Sour sour milk. To go to the lengths of snitching. Am I going to get the snitches-get-stitches speech, Blight?

Blight
Am I going to get the snitches-get-stitches speech, Blight?

Nah, just a bit of disappointment. I wasn't aware you love loved Link.

T-Wrecks
That's the thing though, it's not spite, I just want to see these two groups argue with each other for once.

ScreamPaste

We are the LolLoveLinkClub. stick out tongue

No, but pushing a button and telling the mods someone broke a rule is hardly going to any great lengths.

Bad thread is bad, and it sets a bad environment for logical debate.

XanatosForever
My point is that Link fans think he can beat anyone, and Goku fans think the same thing and they both play mental gymnastics to make it seem that way. This about the unstoppable force meeting the immoveable object. I just want to see these two fan bases duke it out...

I'm sorry, that's just not true. If a thread is made that offers materials to display Link's best traits and pits him against a character that seems comparable, he will certainly be given his due.

If he's thrown into a thread by someone consistently shown to be above the capabilities he's demonstrated, there is no reason to debate. Goku is capable of destroying planets. Link is not (at least, no single incarnation, and even a composite Link probably doesn't. Maybe). So he loses. It's really kind of rude to make such assumptions.

AuraAngel
It is a spite, intentional or not. Goku is able to casually wipe out planets at his base form and is quantifiably much much faster than Link. There isn't a contest here. No one thinks Link would win.

Nephthys

He Lol Loves Link.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
He Lol Loves Link.

Get sniped by a Canadian ya wanker. uhuh

ScreamPaste
That's the thing though, it's not spite, I just want to see these two groups argue with each other for once. Then go find an irrational Link fan who is willing. I can't honestly think of anyone on this forum who'd argue Link against Goku. Anyway, I'm out.

Have fun.

Nephthys
Awwwww no not again! sad

T-Wrecks
The thing is though, the way Link is presented by fans in other threads suggest that he's "god like", which last time I checked is above planet breaking. Also, doesn't it take a lot of powering up for Goku to destroy a planet? wouldn't that give Link enough time to do something?

the ninjak
Without a planet Link loses oxygen. This fight is too extreme.

AuraAngel
You think Goku needs the same amount of power to destroy Link as he would with a planet? He can one shot Link before the guy processes a thought.

XanatosForever
If Link is being presented in such a way in other threads, it's because he's been given the capability that allows such discussion, i.e. given the entire Triforce, a known divine artifact of great power.

You stipulated peak Goku. He could destroy the world with a kamehameha wave easily.

the ninjak
Originally posted by AuraAngel
You think Goku needs the same amount of power to destroy Link as he would with a planet? He can one shot Link before the guy processes a thought.

But posters argue that Link is incapable of being harmed. That his durability is too strong to take damage.

What exactly is his limit? How much damage is necessary to hurt Link?

NemeBro
Then go find an irrational Link fan who is willing. I can't honestly think of anyone on this forum who'd argue Link against Goku. Anyway, I'm out.

Have fun. LLLLLink.

XanatosForever
Link is capable of being harmed, but he does have a significant level of durability.

The limits aren't something I'm familiar with. The Scenario might have a better sense of what it would take.

Originally posted by NemeBro
LLLLLink.

That guy is the closest thing the LLLC has to BT or Quan. haermm

T-Wrecks
I know that there is vs rule against character induced stupidity, but would Goku even resort to blowing up the planet? Lets say he starts off in normal mode, doesn't he usually try normal fighting before going all energy blast? Don't get me wrong, I don't think Link could win, but I think he could last long enough to make things interesting...

Actually, I downgraded him to SS1 and stated that Link has a non-wishing triforce, so I figured it was reasonably fair.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by the ninjak
But posters argue that Link is incapable of being harmed. That his durability is too strong to take damage.

What exactly is his limit? How much damage is necessary to hurt Link?

From a punch? Sure, maybe he might tank a punch from Goku and not die. Doesn't matter since Ki is the strongest thing about DBZ anyway. Besides, in one finger, Goku blocked slashes from a guy who cut Freeza in half(who tanked a planet explosion). Link has no chance.

the ninjak
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Link is capable of being harmed, but he does have a significant level of durability.

The limits aren't something I'm familiar with. The Scenario might have a better sense of what it would take.

This is what makes me angry. Link can be hurt. But no limit can be factored in due to contradictions.-

-Link taking cannon drop damage without harm.
-Taking damage from common thugs.

It's contradictory. On the highest level.

T-Wrecks
What about magic though, there isn't much of it in DBZ, but it seems like magic is usually a defense breaker.

ScreamPaste
This is what makes me angry. Link can be hurt. But no limit can be factored in due to contradictions.-

It's contradictory. On the highest level. Well, no. Because you cannot beat the game without Link being fired out of a cannon down to earth or high into the sky without harm. There are cutscenes, it's canon.

The gameplay is just that, gameplay, you can beat the game without ever taking damage, it's not mandatory. It's not part of the story, you don't need to do it, there's no reason to include it.

I mean it IS a game, what fun would it be if you couldn't be hurt? Even Kratos gets hurt by mooks in gameplay, and his durability is apparently city-scale.

Link's durability tends to be disagreed on from form to form but most would argue large-building level for most incarnations.

Blight

It's contradictory. On the highest level. It's an issue I've been having as well. Link can't put down a chicken and succingtly can be destroyed by one, but an orc bashing him does no damage. There has to be a happy medium, which is why the Preconceived notions exist in the first place, and are probably more on par with what he's actually capable of.

Blight
Well, no. Because you cannot beat the game without Link being fired out of a cannon down to earth or high into the sky without harm. There are cutscenes, it's canon.

The gameplay is just that, gameplay, you can beat the game without ever taking damage, it's not mandatory. It's not part of the story, you don't need to do it, there's no reason to include it.

I mean it IS a game, what fun would it be if you couldn't be hurt? Even Kratos gets hurt by mooks in gameplay, and his durability is apparently city-scale.

Link's durability tends to be disagreed on from form to form but most would argue large-building level for most incarnations. That's the issue I have, though. Just because you can play the game without taking any damage doesn't mean that the damage couldn't happen. Link has the capability of being harmed by people with wood weapons... it's there, it can happen.

T-Wrecks
It's even more confusing since there isn't a definitive Link either. Unlike other game characters where is just one through the series, there is like 10 Links, all with different confusing stats. This is one of the many things that makes Link an odd character to back in a vs thread against a singular narrative based character.

Blight
It's even more confusing since there isn't a definitive Link either. Unlike other game characters where is just one through the series, there is like 10 Links, all with different confusing stats. This is one of the many things that makes Link an odd character to back in a vs thread against a singular narrative based character.

Generally they will pick the link they think will win. I'm fine with that notion, I just get tired of people suddenly using other feats to attribute.

XanatosForever
Link fans agree, that's why in the VGVS it's usually an unwritten rule to specify an incarnation of Link for a battle. It makes it a lot easier to draw feats for Twilight Princess Link or Ocarina of Time Link specifically than a generic Link with no specific game basis to draw from.

the ninjak
Well, no. Because you cannot beat the game without Link being fired out of a cannon down to earth or high into the sky without harm. There are cutscenes, it's canon.

Link's durability tends to be disagreed on from form to form but most would argue large-building level for most incarnations.

It's a contradiction! Link taking no damage compared to a cannonball yet taking damage from a stick is bullshit!

It's an issue I've been having as well. Link can't put down a chicken and succingtly can be destroyed by one, but an orc bashing him does no damage. There has to be a happy medium, which is why the Preconceived notions exist in the first place, and are probably more on par with what he's actually capable of.

It's Looney Tune physics! Situational damage! Like a Pro wrestler fight. One guy takes enough damage to kill a man yet because he's the hero he rises up and defeats the other because .......HE'S THE HERO!

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

BloodRain
That's the issue I have, though. Just because you can play the game without taking any damage doesn't mean that the damage couldn't happen. Link has the capability of being harmed by people with wood weapons... it's there, it can happen.
Kratos can be harmed by human-like enemies in the game. He also withstood an erupting volcano and a strike from a 1600 ft tall Titan.

Asura can be harmed by gorilla-like enemies. The same guy that can accidently trip over and headbutt the planet into oblivion.

Blight
Originally posted by BloodRain
Kratos can be harmed by human-like enemies in the game. He also withstood an erupting volcano and a strike from a 1600 ft tall Titan.

Asura can be harmed by gorilla-like enemies. The same guy that can accidently trip over and headbutt the planet into oblivion. And I maintain that if a human stabbed Kratos in the back while he was asleep, that would constitute a forum lost. Since that's unlikely and Kratos is generally awake in a forum battle and there's no means by which a human can harm him, it's a moot point.

NemeBro
And I maintain that if a human stabbed Kratos in the back while he was asleep, that would constitute a forum lost. Since that's unlikely and Kratos is generally awake in a forum battle and there's no means by which a human can harm him, it's a moot point. Please stop posting bullshit.

Blight
Please stop posting bullshit. Why so sour?

Nephthys

It's contradictory. On the highest level.

This is called Gameplay and Story Segregation. In the VGVersus forum theres a rule that says that things that occur in gameplay aren't considered as evidence for what a character can actually do. We go by what happens in the Story and mainly in cutscenes instead.

People need to calm down. Some are new to how VG characters work in these kinds of debate and need to be brought up to speed. Please can we do so calmly and logically.

NemeBro
Why so sour? Kratos can survive being tossed through the side of a mountain by a volcanic eruption, he survies being slapped by a mile high titan who carries the setting of the first game on his back, he actually stops the Blade of Olympus with his bare hands when wielded by Zeus... A normal human isn't cutting him just because his dipshit enemies can harm him, and considering none of those enemies are human, yeah.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Nephthys
This is called Gameplay and Story Segregation. In the VGVersus forum theres a rule that says that things that occur in gameplay aren't considered as evidence for what a character can actually do. We go by what happens in the Story and mainly in cutscenes instead.

People need to calm down. Some are new to how VG characters work in these kinds of debate and need to be brought up to speed. Please can we do so calmly and logically.
You are awesome Nepy but things aren't going that way in the warzone.

Nephthys
Well then keep getting frustrated over these silly misunderstandings and yelling at each other. I'm not going to get mad over it.

But I will be very disappointed. >:C

MooCowofJustice
That's the issue I have, though. Just because you can play the game without taking any damage doesn't mean that the damage couldn't happen. Link has the capability of being harmed by people with wood weapons... it's there, it can happen.

We aren't saying necessarily that it can't happen because you can avoid it. We are saying that because it can and can't that we disregard it. It is gameplay that varies for every player.

And what about things like God of War? If you get to the latest point in the game where you legitimately watch Kratos resist being crushed by one of the most physically strong beings in the game, do you really think something like a Skeleton with a rusty sword would ever be able to pierce his skin? I'm not saying Link is on that level, but it's something like that. If we watch his body take a certain amount of force, how does it make sense to agree that something so much less would ever have any real effect?

There also tends to be a lot of varying things that you have to try and find a middle ground for. Say, Pokemon vs Final Fantasy. Would you think it's fair to say that Cloud is five hundred times stronger than some Pokemon because his strength stat is 5000 while this Pokemon's Attack can only reach 415? Both games have completely different math and systems behind all of their stats, so you wouldn't argue based on either stat. That's the whole reason I don't ever say Slaking is just as physically strong as Regigigas. That, and it just makes sense that way. Otherwise everything with a base Speed higher than Pidgeot is suddenly more durable than the metal we build supersonic jets out of and can easily reach multiple Mach velocities.

I'm not the greatest at making points, but I hope you can get what I'm aiming at.

Blight
I'm not doing a number crunch as numbers mean nothing to me. But a stick harming link is pretty blatant. If the creators of the game didn't intend on a stick harming Link then why have it there in the first place? Why not make it a hot metal rod? Why not make it a sword? Why is it still a stick and why is it still able to cause enough harm that he doesn't walk through it like superman does bullets?

On the Kratos, thing, I get what you're saying. However it still exists within the realm of possibility that those things can harm him, or at least could. Not to mention magic plays a rather large role and we don't know what the undead hordes are really hitting him with when a skeleton attacks him with a "rusty sword".

NemeBro
Hold on, what stick is beating up Link now?

quanchi112
I'm not doing a number crunch as numbers mean nothing to me. But a stick harming link is pretty blatant. If the creators of the game didn't intend on a stick harming Link then why have it there in the first place? Why not make it a hot metal rod? Why not make it a sword? Why is it still a stick and why is it still able to cause enough harm that he doesn't walk through it like superman does bullets?

On the Kratos, thing, I get what you're saying. However it still exists within the realm of possibility that those things can harm him, or at least could. Not to mention magic plays a rather large role and we don't know what the undead hordes are really hitting him with when a skeleton attacks him with a "rusty sword". Exactly. It's like saying the game creators meant for Link to be invulnerable throughout the game to any and all damage. He just beats them all but isn't impervious or unable to die. It's one of the most biased arguments I have ever heard.

The same applies to Kratos.

MooCowofJustice

On the Kratos, thing, I get what you're saying. However it still exists within the realm of possibility that those things can harm him, or at least could. Not to mention magic plays a rather large role and we don't know what the undead hordes are really hitting him with when a skeleton attacks him with a "rusty sword".

If you don't know that it's anything more than a rusty sword, why would you assume it is? That's counterproductive to the principle of providing feats.

I can only answer with the same reason I gave you before, to make the game possible for the player to lose.

But if you think about it, the developers intend for you to win and enjoy the experience, which means they actually fully intend for the character to be able to defeat all of these opponents. But in order to enjoy the experience fully, you have to be risking something or actually work for it. Otherwise you're watching a movie. And seriously, it just doesn't make sense for so many games to count stuff like that.

quanchi112
What sense of danger would a player get from an unkillable/unhurtable character ? That isn't Link at all. If you think he's impervious to pain/damage then go talk to a professional. Asap.

Blight
Hold on, what stick is beating up Link now?
Wasn't someone arguing a wood rod harmed Link earlier?

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by quanchi112
What sense of danger would a player get from an unkillable/unhurtable character ?

Precisely my point. That's why, when you play the game, you can be hurt. Thanks, Quan. For all your irritants, you were helpful, too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Precisely my point. That's why, when you play the game, you can be hurt. Thanks, Quan. For all your irritants, you were helpful, too. So Link can be hurt. But since he's the hero he prevails not that he's impervious to pain like you have tried to pass as a legitimate argument on kmc before.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by quanchi112
So Link can be hurt. But since he's the hero he prevails not that he's impervious to pain like you have tried to pass as a legitimate argument on kmc before.

In gameplay, yeah, Link can be hurt. But in the canon, no, he wouldn't be hurt by a mutated pig with a wooden stick.

Hence the reason for the differentiation in gameplay, canon, and canon gameplay events.

quanchi112
In gameplay, yeah, Link can be hurt. But in the canon, no, he wouldn't be hurt by a mutated pig with a wooden stick.

Hence the reason for the differentiation in gameplay, canon, and canon gameplay events. Yes, he can be hurt. Just because they wouldn't waste their time with a shitty scene with a minor grunt isn't proof he can't be hurt by one. Use some common sense for Russell's sake.

MooCowofJustice
Well, how about the resistance of amounts of force many times greater than any of these minor grunts is known to produce as proof?

quanchi112
Well, how about the resistance of amounts of force many times greater than any of these minor grunts is known to produce as proof? Link isn't a pushover but the guy can be hurt/killed. Once again since he's the hero he will survive but in a versus thread he doesn't have the luxury of being scripted the w.

Blight
Well, how about the resistance of amounts of force many times greater than any of these minor grunts is known to produce as proof?
Are you really trying to attribute looney tune esque comedy in that cannon scene? How am I supposed to take that seriously, and why can't their be a middle ground between harmed by sticks and tanking cannon to wall?

MooCowofJustice
Are you really trying to attribute looney tune esque comedy in that cannon scene? How am I supposed to take that seriously, and why can't their be a middle ground between harmed by sticks and tanking cannon to wall?

Please don't let yourself call the entirety of Zelda cartoony. That's BT level silliness. erm

But no. I am not talking about the cannon scene, though I could. Link has good durability feats in every incarnation. Being tossed miles across the great sea by a bird and being tossed miles across the great see and flung straight into the Tower of the Gods by an explosion he took to the face in Wind Waker, the multiple pillars in OoT, Dangoro in Twilight Princess, and whatever else I don't know about in Skyward Sword because I haven't finished that game yet.

At this point Link's extra durability is a consistency that follows across every game.

Blight
And yet the creators see fit to make pigmen with Sticks and chickens a challenge.

MooCowofJustice
We've been over that.

quanchi112
We've been over that. Yes, it doesn't add up but portrayal wise the guy can be killed/hurt he just isn't killed.

sacred108
Epic on sided battle even though link would deflect his ki blast One punch from Goku would annihilate him.

LLLLLink
No True Force or prep? Goku stomps, hands down.

Originally posted by XanatosForever

You suck, Xan.

AuraAngel
Whatever happened to Moo?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by LLLLLink
No True Force or prep? Goku stomps, hands down.

You suck, Xan. You're still around? I haven't seen you for months, jesus christ.

Dramatic Gecko
I can't believe I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading this garbage.

Surtur
I see, so someone dressed up as Link murdered your family and this is your way of attempting to heal? Well everyone mends their wounds differently I suppose.

Precisely my point. That's why, when you play the game, you can be hurt. Thanks, Quan. For all your irritants, you were helpful, too.

This is why there was one aspect of the "Superman Returns" video game I enjoyed. Enemies could slow Superman down a bit, but he was still invulnerable. He had no life bar, but the people and the city he had to protect did. It gave you something to fight for while at the same time staying true to the abilities of the character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.