Gregor Clegane vs John McClane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FinalAnswer
Gregor Clegane (Book version) vs John McClane in H2H combat.

Fight takes place in the Roman Colosseum, with combatants starting out at opposite ends of the arena.

Both are stripped of armor and weapons, and there is nothing in the arena to improvise with.

Who wins?

NemeBro
lol

Robtard
McClane pulls out his Zippo he had hidden previously up his ass; strikes it and The Hound runs away crying. /thread

Nephthys
Wrong Clegane.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
McClane pulls out his Zippo he had hidden previously up his ass; strikes it and The Hound runs away crying. /thread If he tries that on Gregor, Gregor will just shove McClane's face into it.

Robtard
Ah, right. Wrong Clegane.

Well then, it an even easier win. Gregor might have the strength of 7 men, but he's slow as shit and thick headed. McClane casually picks up a handful of sand (commonly found covering the Roman Coliseum, look it up), throws it into Gregor's eyes blinding him then proceeds to rip out his testicles and watches him bleed to death.

/thread

Sadako of Girth
Ah, right. Wrong Clegane.

Well then, it an even easier win. Gregor might have the strength of 7 men, but he's slow as shit and thick headed. McClane casually picks up a handful of sand (commonly found covering the Roman Coliseum, look it up), throws it into Gregor's eyes blinding him then proceeds to rip out his testicles and watches him bleed to death.

/thread

Thread endethed.

Nephthys
If he goes for his crotch he might accidentally arouse Gregor. And then its all over for McClane.

Theres no brakes on the rape train....

NemeBro
Well then, it an even easier win. Gregor might have the strength of 7 men,

His grip strength, judging by how he caved Oberon's skull in, rivals that of deep sea pressure.

No he isn't. He is explicitly noted to be faster than a man his size has any right to be. He is slower than Oberon, but there is no feat of McClane's to suggest he is as fast as Oberon either.

You forgot to mention that he is a hulking rage monster with the personality and the ability to tear McClane to pierces.

Clegane's eyes are nearly eight feet above the ground, sand isn't going to get to his face in enough quantity to blind him for any good amount of time.

Be real here. Clegane pins McClane to the ground with one hand, and caves his skull in with the other.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
His grip strength, judging by how he caved Oberon's skull in, rivals that of deep sea pressure.

No he isn't. He is explicitly noted to be faster than a man his size has any right to be. He is slower than Oberon, but there is no feat of McClane's to suggest he is as fast as Oberon either.

You forgot to mention that he is a hulking rage monster with the personality and the ability to tear McClane to pierces.

Clegane's eyes are nearly eight feet above the ground, sand isn't going to get to his face in enough quantity to blind him for any good amount of time.

Be real here. Clegane pins McClane to the ground with one hand, and caves his skull in with the other.

LoL, what? He was able to cave in a man's face because he was wearing a heavy steel gauntlet in said bashing fist. He's extremely strong, but lets got get crazy here.

Oberyn Martell the bisexual was casually dancing around him while taking easy shots and talking the whole time. He's slow and thickheaded.

I did? I explicitly said "strong as 7 men", which is likely an overstatement, by no means am I underrating him here.

LoL, just stop. McClane is about 6 feet tall, throwing sand several feet isn't hard. Little kids do it at the playground all around the world.

If he could catch him, yes. That's not happening though. Stupid brute goes down to quick thinking super cop.

Lestov16
laughing

McClane gets brutally raped here. McClane has slow reflexes, considering

OXIcaOzFVeQ

Grant, an old ass dude, was able to get hits in on McClane.

Also, Mai Lihn was able to bum-rush him, despite that fact that he was standing in front of her, looking at her, and she was under a shelf.

Gregor is obviously stronger and faster than them. McClane isn't grabbing any sand before Clegane rips out his spine.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
laughing

McClane gets brutally raped here. You probably want to read books 1-5 of ASoIaF before you decide. Lest someone calls you a butthurtedly biased troll. Just saying.

Lestov16
Am I wrong? Can somebody show how I'm wrong?

Nephthys
You're not wrong. Robtard and Sadako just like to joke about McClane being a good fighter despite how much he actually sucks.

Robtard
Fact is yet another supposed spite thread was made to kill off McClane but yet again it's shown how he can win in the given scenario.

McClane +1

Nephthys
No, it wasn't. McClane might be able to temporarily blind Gregor but so what? Its not like he can do anything to him afterwards. And McClane can't tear someones balls off, get out of here. As soon as he tries, Gregor would snap his neck.

Lestov16
Yes, McClane's head is torn off +1 arm

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, it wasn't. McClane might be able to temporarily blind Gregor but so what? Its not like he can do anything to him afterwards. And McClane can't tear someones balls off, get out of here. As soon as he tries, Gregor would snap his neck.

Yes it was. McClane can easily kick Clegane in the balls and smash the side of his knee after he's blinded, haven't you seen Road House? Doesn't matter how big they are, take out the knee and they drop. Ball ripping comes after.

Nephthys
Again, so what? As soon as McClane gets near him or hits him Gregor can get his hands on him. After that the fight is over.

And why the hell do you think Clegane would let him throw sand in his eyes in the first place? As soon as John bends over to grab it Clegane takes the opening and caves his face in.

Also McClane has never been as skilled as you are pretending he is.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys
Again, so what? As soon as McClane gets near him or hits him Gregor can get his hands on him. After that the fight is over.

And why the hell do you think Clegane would let him throw sand in his eyes in the first place? As soon as John bends over to grab it Clegane takes the opening and caves his face in.

Also McClane has never been as skilled as you are pretending he is.

He'd have to grab him first, which will be hard for such a large and slow and dimwitted man.

So they start two feet from each other? I don't think so, pal. It's the Roman Coliseum; so it stands to reason they both enter from opposing doors as was common practice.

Kicking someone in the balls and smashing the side of the knee doesn't take skill. They're two basic moves.

Here's yet another way McClane could win here, FFW 2:18

EE2TZAdoaS8

Lestov16
Pure speculation. I love how none of your argument is based on McClane's sreenfeats.

Robtard
Pure speculation. I love how none of your argument is based on McClane's sreenfeats.

I love how you desperately try to downplay McClane out of butthurt at ever opportunity.

-Using sand to blind is little more than using his environment to his benefit, which he's done in all four DH films.

-Kicking someone in the balls and knee isn't beyond his shown fighting capabilities. Neither is choking.

Try again?

Lestov16
As soon as any part of McClane's body touches Clegane, it's over. McClane does not have the strength or fighting skill to land an effective strike on Clegane before Clegane tears him apart.

Robtard
As soon as any part of McClane's body touches Clegane, it's over. McClane does not have the strength or fighting skill to land an effective strike on Clegane before Clegane tears him apart.

You might want to read the Wiki on Clegane at least before you decide that.

MClane's shown super-human strength in times of great duress.

Nothing suggest that Clegane's testicles or knees are somehow made of something like granite, as you seem to imply. He also needs to breath. He's extremely large and strong, but he's still human, guy. Let's not get crazy.

NemeBro
LoL, what? He was able to cave in a man's face because he was wearing a heavy steel gauntlet in said bashing fist. He's extremely strong, but lets got get crazy here.

It's more likely than you may think.

How much strength do you believe it takes to bisect a man wielding a greatsword with but one hand?

Yet he was able to parry Oberyn's blows and even disarmed him at one point.

McClane isn't as fast as Oberyn, and unlike Oberyn, he doesn't have a weapon that has two more feet in terms of reach over Clegane.

Oh my boy it's an understatement.

He'd have to stop down, grab the fist full of sand, bring himself to his full height, and then throw it in the Mountain's face, all while the Mountain... What? Watches?

Afraid not.

McClane by feats isn't particularly fast or impressive a fighter, and Gregor has far greater reach, and the strength to make that first hit down him.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
It's more likely than you may think.

How much strength do you believe it takes to bisect a man wielding a greatsword with but one hand?

Yet he was able to parry Oberyn's blows and even disarmed him at one point.

McClane isn't as fast as Oberyn, and unlike Oberyn, he doesn't have a weapon that has two more feet in terms of reach over Clegane.

Oh my boy it's an understatement.

He'd have to stop down, grab the fist full of sand, bring himself to his full height, and then throw it in the Mountain's face, all while the Mountain... What? Watches?

Afraid not.

McClane by feats isn't particularly fast or impressive a fighter, and Gregor has far greater reach, and the strength to make that first hit down him.

Probably not.

Probably less than the combined strength of seven men with a greatsword.

Because he's a knight who grew up being trained to fight with shield, sword, axe, mace and lance and has extensive fighting experience with said weapons.

Pure speculation. It was more so Clegane being a hulking brute than Oberyn being some ninja.

I doubt it. But if it makes you feel better, lets just say he has the strength of 14 men, as it's irrelevant, as McClane isn't going to win here by wrestling him.

Do you know how large the Roman Coliseum is? I do, as I've been around and inside it, it's pretty damn large. It takes a matter of 2 seconds to grab some sand.

Afraid so.

Faster than an eight foot tall brute. Reach McClane does have; it matters not, as McClane isn't boxing him, he's not an idiot.

NemeBro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.