Emperor Palpatine VS Gandalf the White

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blight
Gandalph decides to try and draw the evil from Palpatine to eliminate the Dark Side once and for all.

Palpatine gets movie only.

Nephthys
Even movie only Palpatine can beat him pretty easily imo.

BruceSkywalker
movie Palps is enough to win

Blight
Shit I forgot about prequel feats... What if I said original trilogy only?

Nephthys
All Palpatine did was shoot some lightning at Luke.

Plus I'm sure Nemebro will argue that Gandalf can win even with the prequels, based on past debates and his allusions to book feats for Gandalf.

Gandalf is pretty good in the books.

Robtard
Book Gandalf solos Palpatine, Vader and every Trooper in the Death Star in the Death Star.

Blight
Originally posted by Robtard
Book Gandalf solos Palpatine, Vader and every Trooper in the Death Star in the Death Star.
Explain.

Impediment
Gandalf's powers were so vaguely explained in the books.

Off hand, I say Palpy wins.

AuraAngel
Dude apparently blew up a mountain(or the side of a mountain, whichever).

Robtard
Originally posted by Blight
Explain.

He raises his Shield of Istari and then slams his staff into the ground sending "legions flying" and possibly blowing up the Death Star, considering its massive design flaws.

Kaibs
Book Gandalf slaughters Palpatine. Horribly.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Even movie only Palpatine can beat him pretty easily imo. Nope.jpg

Book Gandalf stomps movie Palpatine into the dust with casual ease.

His speed in combat is explicitly faster than the eye can accurately perceive, and beyond that while fighting the Balrog he leveled the side of a mountain.

Blight
What if I added EU?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard

There's a Death Star inside a Death Star

amazing.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
There's a Death Star inside a Death Star

amazing.

You didn't know?

Nephthys
Originally posted by NemeBro
Nope.jpg

Book Gandalf stomps movie Palpatine into the dust with casual ease.

His speed in combat is explicitly faster than the eye can accurately perceive, and beyond that while fighting the Balrog he leveled the side of a mountain.

Well he better be that fast. Because if he isn't..... duryellowhulk

Originally posted by Blight
What if I added EU?

Then Sidious would wreck his shit. It would be a closer fight though.

Pwned
Oh, you'd be suprised. Gandalf is actually one of the mroe powerful Istari.

Due to the nature of Tolkiens writings, most of Gandalf's power is implied. However, what is implied is that he is immensely powerful. To the extent he matched wills with Sauron for a short time.

Nephthys
EU Sidious can tear the surface off of planets, disintegrate beings with his TK and Force Lightning and telepathically mind-rape billions.

Pwned
Oh, I know. But if you read far enough into the LOTR works, then you find that Gandalf is about on par with that power. At least, with his true Maiar capabilities. As Gandalf he isn't close, but Olorin (his real name, gained as a Maiar) is actually pretty powerful.

At least, all this is true if IIRC.

ares834
Bull shit. He isn't anywhere near the power that Sidious displays in the EU.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Pwned
Oh, I know. But if you read far enough into the LOTR works, then you find that Gandalf is about on par with that power. At least, with his true Maiar capabilities. As Gandalf he isn't close, but Olorin (his real name, gained as a Maiar) is actually pretty powerful.

At least, all this is true if IIRC.

No maiar has strength anywhere near that. Only the Valar might be capable of that, and even that is arguable.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Pwned
Oh, you'd be suprised. Gandalf is actually one of the mroe powerful Istari.

Due to the nature of Tolkiens writings, most of Gandalf's power is implied. However, what is implied is that he is immensely powerful. To the extent he matched wills with Sauron for a short time. EU Sidious would make Melkor at the peak of his power his nancy *****.

Pwned
Eh, maybe I interpreted it differently than you guys.

The Valar could easily do that. Sidious has to extend quite a bit of concentration and energy, the Valar sank a continent over what amounts to an argument with Morgoth.

ares834
By the Valar I assume you mean the Valar's army of Maiar, yes?

And no, the Valar could not do that.

Pwned
Heh, it's hard to exaggerrate things when other people know what I am talking about stick out tongue

Anyways, from what I got from Unfinished Tales and such they are. Problem was, Morgoth was one of them, and not exactly weak. Plus he had an army of Maiar as well. Meaning Balrogs. (Despite the fact their numbers were always changing)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.