Hercules Gautlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
So my Daughter has been obsessed with the Disney movie Hercules as of late. I'm quite fond of it myself stick out tongue but as I'm watching i can't help but thinking "Who can replicate Hercules' feats?"

So i bring this question to wise and fair people of KMC!

Here's the gauntlet:
1. Defeat the river guardian and save Meg.
2. Save the "children" trapped in the rockslide.
3. Kill the Hydra.
4. Kill the fodder monsters while the Muses sing about the hero's greatness(optional)
5. Give up ALL POWERS and defeat the Cyclops.
6. Get powers back and defeat/kill remaining Titans (Rock, Wind, Lava, Ice)
7. Tame and ride Cerberus. (Killing is acceptable but will lower your score)
8. Rescue Meg from "River of Death" (This one is tricky since godhood can only be given to demigods here)

Movie characters only and, if you can, try to stick with animated movies.

juggerman
EDIT

siriuswriter
Robin Williams's "Genie" from Aladdin.

For the River Guardian : Huge muscles to punch him into the sky.

Saving Pain and Panic : Use strength to move rocks.

Hydra : Pull a Merlin; turn into a deadly bacterium and be ingested.

From Zero to Hero : The power of impersonations. big grin

For the Cyclops: He would make jokes until the Cyclops would stoop down to hear him better, and then stick Cyclops in his very large eye!

The Titans: For the Rock Titan, turn into Wind. For the Wind Titan, turn into earth. For Lava, turn into Water. For Ice, turn into Fire.

Cerebus : Morph into rodeo cowboy, tie Cerebus like a calf. Cerebus = tame.

River Styx : In the Arabian Myth, Genies are very, very powerful. Above Demi-God status. Easy-Peasy.

And Genie wins!

juggerman
I was thinking Genie too. He's probably the most powerful Disney character ever.

He probably wouldn't get past the Cyclops tho since it is trying to kill him not converse.

Newjak
There are a ton of people with powers that could duplicate Herc's feats in some form or fashion, but beating the Cyclops without powers... That one is a bit harder to come up with.

I was thinking of choosing the Iron Giant from the Iron Giant. He most definitely has the power and firepower to do everything Herc did, and was thinking if he lost his powers he would still be a giant metal monster so he could still beat the Cyclops. Unless when you state they lose all their powers it would mean the Iron Giant would be put into a normal human body.

But regardless their isn't any normal human beings that could stand up to that thing and not die.

juggerman
Uh i really don't know how to have The Iron Giant w/o powers.....

Newjak
Then I'm going with the Iron Giant

1) Sits on the River Guardian

2) Easily digs out the Children

3) Blasts the Hydra into nothingness

4) Is shown in the hero montage flicking the fodder monsters

5) Give the Cyclops a big ol Iron Fist to the face

6) Blasts the Titans to smithereens with his weapons.

7) Cerebus tries and bites the giant only to have all his teeth fall out. The Giant than let's Cerebus ride on him.

8) Come he is a giant robot. I doubt the River Styx will work on him. He reaches in and pulls Meg out no problem.

juggerman
Well played....

But i dunno if he could take out the Titans. They were all his size or bigger with enough power to easily overpower every single god on Olympus. How could he take them without being frozen, melted, crushed, or simply blown away?

Hercules had strength that seemed to greatly surpass the gods' strength and i would say IG pales in comparison

Newjak
Originally posted by juggerman
Well played....

But i dunno if he could take out the Titans. They were all his size or bigger with enough power to easily overpower every single god on Olympus. How could he take them without being frozen, melted, crushed, or simply blown away?

Hercules had strength that seemed to greatly surpass the gods' strength and i would say IG pales in comparison The giant survived a nuke stick out tongue

Also his weapons were crazy I could see them greatly injuring the Titans. 3 thunderbolts from Zeus were enough to blow up the Rock Guy's head.

juggerman
Zues' thunderbolts are the most powerful weapons in the universe. Usually...

What weapons did he have? It's been awhile....

siriuswriter
Oh c'mon! Genie totally has this!

"Phenonemal Cosmic Powers! Itty bitty living space."

We've gotta have some change with the Cyclops, though. Because Hercules didn't "beat" him, bceause the whole thing about Hades promising Meg wouldn't get hurt, and then she did. So I would think it would be more like - distract the Cyclops for X amount of time, and then full power on again.

Newjak
Zues' thunderbolts are the most powerful weapons in the universe. Usually...

What weapons did he have? It's been awhile.... The Giant had lasers built into his arms that could vaporize entire tanks, plus a chest canon that seemed to act like a mini energy nuke.

The Iron Giants were designed to be able to take over entire planets by themselves.

juggerman
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Oh c'mon! Genie totally has this!

"Phenonemal Cosmic Powers! Itty bitty living space."

We've gotta have some change with the Cyclops, though. Because Hercules didn't "beat" him, bceause the whole thing about Hades promising Meg wouldn't get hurt, and then she did. So I would think it would be more like - distract the Cyclops for X amount of time, and then full power on again.

He regained his full power after he already beat the Cyclops.

juggerman
Originally posted by Newjak
The Giant had lasers built into his arms that could vaporize entire tanks, plus a chest canon that seemed to act like a mini energy nuke.

The Iron Giants were designed to be able to take over entire planets by themselves.

Ok IG can take this. For the Titans we just take away his weapons but he'll still keep his size and realitive strength.

The only ones i really think he'll have trouble with is the lava and tornado Titan

juggerman
^Meant for the Cyclops we'll take away weapons

Newjak
^Meant for the Cyclops we'll take away weapons Ok yeah I figured he could use his weapons in that fight. Still I'm pretty sure I giant metal fist to the face should be enough to take down the Cyclops

juggerman
Still the Lava and Tornado Titans would be a problem i think. Lava could seriously damage him and/or he could have trouble harming a being made out of air with lasers and and crap

Newjak
He survived a nuclear blast without being burned so I don't think Lava will be a problem. As for Air Hercules was able to grab so it had to have some physical manifestation that can be interacted with.

Robtard
"Someone call IXII"

Best line in Hercules, I lold in the theater.

juggerman
I loved that too!!!!

Robtard
Sadly, me and the wife (then GF) were the only ones who got it or found it funny.

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
Sadly, me and the wife (then GF) were the only ones who got it or found it funny. People just don't know good humor when they see it.

juggerman
Anyone else?

Tattoos N Scars
Unicron

Newjak
Yeah Unicron would definitely do it

lilshogun
Goku for the win!!!

juggerman
Ok let's stick to living characters please. No more giant robots

FrothByte
This is a pretty hard thread, if only for that part where he needs to lose his power and defeat the cyclops.

I guess we could always go for Thor from the two Ultimate Avengers DVD movies. With his full powers he's even more powerful than Hercules (though not sure if as strong) and without his powers, well, he should still be a huge guy trained as a warrior from birth (probably a better warrior than Herc anyway) so there's that.

Tattoos N Scars
Could Prince Adam accomplish this without the He-Man power up?

Newjak
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Could Prince Adam accomplish this without the He-Man power up? Maybe if he was allowed some kind of laser gun unless that counts as a power which I think it should.

juggerman
Originally posted by Newjak
Maybe if he was allowed some kind of laser gun unless that counts as a power which I think it should.

They do

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Could Prince Adam accomplish this without the He-Man power up?

As Prince Adam, he has limited telepathic and telekinetic abilities.

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
As Prince Adam, he has limited telepathic and telekinetic abilities.

I vaguely recall Adam sensing stuff, but telekinetic?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Robtard
I vaguely recall Adam sensing stuff, but telekinetic?

In the classic Masters of the Universe series, Adam is able to levitate small objects through concentration. This ability is expanded upon in the New Adventures series to include other Jedi-like powers, including his own version of the Jedi Mind Trick.

Robtard
Only seen snippets of the new one.

Honestly don't recall him doing that in the original, but it's been decades since I watched it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.