The Doctor vs Doctor Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
The Doctor from Doctor Who and Doctor Doom from Marvel.

They each get a full day of prep before they fight. The Doctor gets full access to the Tardis and can go anywhere but he only has 24 hours, his time and Doctor Doom has all the resources in Latveria but can go outside of it if he can return to Latveria before the time is up.

The whole of Latveria is the arena, as soon as the 24 hours are up the Tardis teleports into the airspace above the country and the fight begins.

Blight
Doom steals the tartarus, next stop: conquer all reality!!

the ninjak
Doom

Kazenji
Doctor

Nephthys
Doctor who?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kazenji
Doctor

You playin?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Nephthys
Doctor who?

Precisely. wink

I assume we're going with the Eleventh Doctor, as he's the most current. Am I right?

Nephthys
Yes. Though since he's the same person I doubt it matters much. His knowledge and stuff caries over, right?

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
You playin?

For real.

the ninjak
So how does Doctor Who defeat Doom anyways?

I'm just curious both appear before each other and let rip.

Nephthys
How else? Technobabble.

ares834
Sonic Screwdriver ftw.

NemeBro
He could absorb the Time Vortex like Rose did theoretically, enabling him to become roughly as powerful as a Cosmic Cube being or so (She affected many distant places around the universe at many different times).

Bentley
The Doctor has multiversal feats using his own tech so... Doom is screwed. He just isn't Kan-... Errr, the Doctor's level.

KingD19
Hasn't Doom stolen power from Beyonder and Wanda? Both essentially reality warpers of the highest degree?

Kazenji
In the OP says a full day's prep

yeah and what's the Doctor a friggan timelord that'll be like a year's prep for him.

Newjak

yeah and what's the Doctor a friggan timelord that'll be like a year's prep for him. Doom has time travelled as well stick out tongue

the ninjak

yeah and what's the Doctor a friggan timelord that'll be like a year's prep for him.

I know you know Doom has a Time Travel device.
He used it all the time to screw Morgan Le Fey and learn her secrets.

Nephthys

Nah, he only has 24 hours, his time. No matter where he goes, he only has 24 hours.

Same goes for Doom.

the ninjak
Doesn't Doom have a time travel inside his armor? Hence Mighty Avengers. A year or 2 back?

The Doctor needs to enter the Tardis to go through time.

Hence if Who hits him with too much tech Doom can go back and rectify it and return to defeat Who.

Blight
Doom has arguably superior if not comparable tech to Doctor Who. The fact that he's also got Sorcery makes him the winner.

KingD19
Yeah. Doom has made some of the most impressive tech in Marvel. A lot of his tech actually replicates magical feats, and like Blight said, he's got magic to boot. Strange as Sorcerer Supreme acknowledged how powerful he was, and he could have been Sorcerer Supreme replacement.

BloodRain
I think the Doctor is more intelligent and can make better use of prep. Like making lifewarpers in an hour with scrap or an mri machine.

/shrugs

Blight
Originally posted by BloodRain
I think the Doctor is more intelligent and can make better use of prep. Like making lifewarpers in an hour with scrap or an mri machine.

/shrugs

You think the Doctor is more intelligent than Dr. Doom?

BloodRain
Don't know too much about Doom.

KingD19
Doom cured Thing on a whim when Reed(easily one of the smartest people in existence) had been trying to do it for years by that point. He even created a device that let him transform at will. And that's not the height of what he's done.

He's siphoned power from Beyonder and Scarlet Witch with technological means; that's a massive feat.

Blight
He also stole Galactus' power in the same arc that he obtained Beyonder's power.

Beyonder > Anything Doctor Who could muster.

ares834
Cool. The Doctor created a big bang. Single handily ended the Time War which spanned the universe. Depending on whether the books are considered canon, erased the Time Lords from history (for those who don't know the Time Lords erased magic from the Universe because they didn't like it). And I'm sure I am forgetting several other incredible feats.

Then he has the Tradis on top of it which supposedly is capable of an omniversal explosion.

Yes, Doom may have the better high feats. But the Doctor consistently operates at a very high level. One that seems to be beyond Doom's average.

Blight
The beyonder is a Multiversal threat and nigh omnipotent...

ares834
Read my post again.

I admitted Doom has the higher feats (BTW the Doctor has faced down multiversal threats as well) but the Doctor's average is higher than Doom's. And therefore, I'm going to give him the win.

Blight
Why are we assuming Doom is operating on Average?

ares834
Because on average he will...

Blight
So the Doctor ended the war how? As I see it, he used the Great Key of Rassilon to create "The Moment" which ended the war. Could this have been done without this object, and is this object something considered Standard Equipment?

Because if we're just using prep-time to get artifacts, Doom could easily just grab the Ultimate Nullifier, or the Infinity Gauntlet, or THOTI (It's reaching, but so is the artifact grab thing in the first place IMO).

ares834
If Doom could easily assemble the Infinity Gauntlet he would have done it a long time ago. And no, the ones he has in his possession right now do not work within his universe. As for the Ultimate nullifier, it's not certain he has it. Even if he does, we don't know if he can survive using it.

The Doctor, however, also has access to incredibly powerful "artifacts" like the Heart of the Tardis.

Edit: As for the key, I'm not sure. Hell, I don't even know what is considered fully canon within the Whoverse besides the TV show.

Blight
My point was Anti-Artifacts in the first place. Regardless, I'm out. Unfortunately I can't debate when I just don't know enough about Dr. Who, I'm only on the first season of the newer series.

What I can say is I'm not quite convinced yet.

marwash22
The Doctor stomps Doom's ass into oblivion, via wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff! 131

JakeTheBank
Doom prevails.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Cool. The Doctor created a big bang. Single handily ended the Time War which spanned the universe. Depending on whether the books are considered canon, erased the Time Lords from history (for those who don't know the Time Lords erased magic from the Universe because they didn't like it). And I'm sure I am forgetting several other incredible feats. He turned dozens of Eternals into ephemerals (mortals) with a single shard of the Time Vortex he kept in his pocket.

Eternals are among the most advanced races in Doctor Who, as trascendant beings they are generally above even the Time Lords. They are basically cosmic beings, from what I hear a single Eternal can pull a galaxy into the Void.

Bentley
This happens when you put Doomtards to discuss, you hear to no end "Beyonder! Remember the Beyonder?" and they always leave out getting punked by Thor and the FF when prepped. Needless to say, to have a snowball's chance in hell to match The Doctor, Doom would need access to some cosmic artifact, with their regular resources he gets utterly humilliated and crushed by Kang... Let alone the frigging Doctor.

XanatosForever
Yes. Though since he's the same person I doubt it matters much. His knowledge and stuff caries over, right?

Meant to come back to this point. The Doctor's ability to regenerate allow him to retain the overall knowledge of his previous incarnations, but the full on memories and experiences fade with that previous incarnation's, at least I think. Each Doctor is effectively a different person with a new personality that shares core traits throughout. He can remember things that happened before, but I don't know how accurately he can recall the information.

That said, The Doctor's notorious for putting the proverbial monkey wrench in plans, and even with prep, I'm not sure Doom would be able to pull one over on him. The Eleventh's got some even quirkier feats than others, including getting himself killed (outright killed, no regeneration) and getting better. Twice.

marwash22
pretty sure he doesn't lose any memories at all outside of something weird happening during regeneration. He's a different person in the sense that his personality and body completely changes, but memories and experiences carry over each time.... He was mid-sentence when he went from Eccleston to Tennant.

Sin I AM
Doom ftm

Mindset
Originally posted by ares834
Read my post again.

I admitted Doom has the higher feats (BTW the Doctor has faced down multiversal threats as well) but the Doctor's average is higher than Doom's. And therefore, I'm going to give him the win. False.

Blight
Finally someone is in my corner.

So I'm caught up on Dr. Who and still don't see him as THAT much of a threat to Doom....

the ninjak
The problem is the full days prep.

And Dr Who is the guest in this fight. And a day of prep for Dr Who with his sidekick (as far as episodes go) isn't enough to discover Doom's weaknesses.

Whereas. Doom has a day of prep preparing for a Timelord!!!!!
The OP states that Doom has a day to prepare for Dr Who. How he obtained such prep? I dunno. He just does.

Doom has the advantage because he has "Homefield Advantage" which is huge.

Bentley
Doom gets retconned into a Kang fanboy named Mindset.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Bentley
Doom gets retconned into a Kang fanboy named Mindset.

Ouch!.........

But how does that counter my argument of Dr Who having a days prep in a foreign reality. Yet Doom has a days prep on his homeground?

Nephthys
The Doctor can leave the Marvel-verse and return to his own universe whenever he wants. So the OP declares!

the ninjak
The Doctor can leave the Marvel-verse and return to his own universe whenever he wants. So the OP declares!

More time wasted in prep time is it not?

Whereas Doom is waiting with absolute knowledge of a Timelord. With all the tech, resources and magic available to him.

Plus YOU stated in the OP that Latveria is the battlezone. So if Dr Who leaves the battlezone that counts as BFR. An instant loss!

Nephthys
Only as long as the Tardis takes to make a jump.

After the fight has started. He's welcome to go where ever he wants during his prep-time. Plus the BFR rule allows him to leave as long as he can return swiftly.

the ninjak
Only as long as the Tardis takes to make a jump.

After the fight has started. He's welcome to go where ever he wants during his prep-time. Plus the BFR rule allows him to leave as long as he can return swiftly.

News to me big grin, Helps me on other threads. I thought BFR was BFR. It takes time for the guy to walk into the Tardis and activate the controls. And that isn't instantaneous.

Blight
I thought it was stated an hour is an hour with the prep time.

the ninjak
It is. Prep time for an opponent is their prep time in their eyes.

No ones pulling off a Bill and Ted here.
One second they're there and a minute later they give themselves 10 years worth of guitar practice. That's cheating.

Blight
Not to mention if that were an option, Doom could achieve it as well. He has Time Travel in his suit.

Endless Mike
Sorry for the necro, but I feel the need to bump this because people are seriously underestimating the Doctor here. Sure, Doom beat the Beyonder, but tricking and defeating cosmic beings is practically the Doctor's bread and butter.

The cosmic hierarchy in Doctor Who is at least as complex and convoluted as Marvel's, but here is a brief overview:

Both the Time Lords and Time War-era Daleks have weapons/technology capable of destroying everything in the multiverse, save for themselves (the Final Sanction and the Reality Bomb). Furthermore, they were both able to pull out these technologies even when their resources were severely diminished (the Time Lords as they were losing the Time War and had been driven back to their homeworld, and the Daleks as just a small, recovering fleet that escaped the Time War).

Beings that are on this level or higher but don't generally need technology are known as Transcendental Beings, which are basically non-corporeal cosmic entities.

First of all, the Eternals. They are basically higher-dimensional, god-like beings (some of which embody concepts like Death, Time, Pain, etc.) Some of them were even worshipped as Gods by the Time Lords.

The Chronovores are Transcendental Beings that are possibly on the same tier as the Eternals, though generally weaker. Still, as their name implies, they eat time itself, and one Chronovore can easily devour an entire universe. Kronos, the strongest Chronovore, was the offspring of a Chronovore and an Eternal.

Also on the same tier (although still seemingly weaker than the Eternals) are the Great Old Ones, who are Transcendental Beings from the previous universe who survived the Big Crunch and Big Bang and were reborn into the current universe with immense powers (like Galactus). However, most of them are incapable of fully manifesting in this dimension, but they have powers to threaten the Time Lords and Daleks. Unlike the Eternals and Chronovores, who are both entire species with many individuals, there are only a dozen or so Great Old Ones.

During the height of the Time War, which was conducted on a multiversal scale, when the Time Lords and Daleks were going all-out and throwing everything they had at each other, the Eternals' reaction was pretty much "Wow, you kids are sure making a mess of our backyard. We're going to go somewhere quieter".

Above them all are the Guardians of Time, also known as the Sixfold God, 6 Transcendental Beings who rule over all time, space, universes, and dimensions, and are clearly abstract, embodying concepts like Chaos and Order on a beyond-multiversal scale. They are much more powerful than the Eternals and would often arbitrate disputes between them. There are only 6 Guardians, but just 1 of them is implied to be more powerful than the entire races of Eternals, Chronovores, and Great Old Ones combined.

Overseeing the Guardians of Time are the Grace, who basically appoint the Guardians to run the omniverse like TOAA appoints the Living Tribunal. On a similar level to them is the Glory, which controls and directs the omniverse.

Going by just the TV show, a quick laundry list of beings the Doctor has outsmarted/defeated include:

- The Animus, one of the Great Old Ones, also known as a Lloigor
- The Beast, who fit the description of a Great Old One, and was the psychic inspiration for every Satan/devil figure in the universe
- The Great Intelligence, another of the Great Old Ones, also known as Yog-Sothoth. Notable here is that the Doctor's own personal timeline was so complex and intertwined with the fate of reality that the Great Intelligence was only able to corrupt it as the cost of its own life, but the Doctor and his companion Clara fixed it.
- Fenric, another Great Old One, whose power was threatening the universe
- Sutekh the Destroyer, not a Transcendental Being, but an insanely powerful alien, who had power comparable to one. The Doctor stated that even the Time Lords wouldn't be able to stop him if he escaped at full power
- Omega, one of the founders of Time Lord society, who had been trapped billions of years ago in a black hole leading to a universe of antimatter, which he learned to warp and control with his will, so much that even though his physical body decayed he existed as a creature of pure will, and was powerful enough to overwhelm the Time Lords before the Doctor defeated him
- The Celestial Toymaker, also known as the Crystal Guardian, one of the Guardians of Time, the embodiment of Dream and Fantasy
- The Black Guardian, another of the Guardians of Time, this one the embodiment of Darkness and Chaos

Including his feats in the EU, he also defeated The Grace

Also, time travel by itself is very easy to do for most races in DW, so being capable of it won't help you much. The simpler forms of time travel (like the time agents' vortex manipulators) are to a TARDIS what a bicycle is to a space shuttle.

Finally, the Doctor actually has canon plot shields, in other words, the universe and all of the laws of reality will generally conspire in his favor. This is actually the explanation given for why enemies tend to always miss when shooting at him.

NemeBro
Oi

How powerful is a single Eternal?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by NemeBro
Oi

How powerful is a single Eternal?

It varies but they seem to range from around Cube being level to abstract level

Endless Mike
I also forgot to mention that the Doctor defeated the Gods of Ragnarok, three very powerful Great Old Ones/Transcendental Beings who some source state to be stronger than the Eternals but weaker than the Guardians of Time. The Gods of Ragnarok had created and destroyed many universes for their own amusement, including creating one known as the Land of Fiction, where all fictional characters and stories become real.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.