Blade vs. Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Digi
Blade gets chumped by everyone on KMC. I can't see why this would be much different.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Digi
Blade gets chumped by everyone on KMC. I can't see why this would be much different.

KMC is racist then

pym-ftw
Blade should win, but he is like the shuma Gorath of high street/low meta characters

Harbinger
Not sure how Blade would take out someone like MN.

Then again, I'd apply that some line of reasoning to most street levelers.

srankmissingnin
Closer fight then when these two usually get paired up, because in this case they are both in the same boat where they have very little in the way of practical feats or wins over legitimate characters.

Right now I'm thinking Midnighter narrowly squeaks ahead because he has legitimate healing factor feats.

Mindset
Blade and Midnighter have both been proven to beat Wolverine 10/10 on kmc.

srankmissingnin
Maybe movie Wolverine... maybe... if it was two on one... maybe...

Golgo13
Midnighter.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Harbinger
Not sure how Blade would take out someone like MN.

Then again, I'd apply that some line of reasoning to most street levelers. Pretty much. Mids has him beat just about everywhere.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Pretty much. Mids has him beat just about everywhere.

Blade actually has slightly better speed feats, but not enough to win a majority.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Blade actually has slightly better speed feats, but not enough to win a majority. That's debateable but Mids has the hands down skill, strength, healing, edges and I think Mids is even faster but it's close.

srankmissingnin
That's debateable but Mids has the hands down skill, strength, healing, edges and I think Mids is even faster but it's close.

Not really. Midnighter is sorely lacking in the speed feat department, and the half a dozen he has are pretty lame. Robin level lame. Skill also probably leaning Blade's as well, seeing as he has never got his ass kicked by a human level martial artist with a brown belt in jujitsu. Strength? Close to a wash, but Midnighter edges it out, and Mid's obviously has significantly better healing factor feats.

Harbinger
Reported for bagging on Robin.

juggernaut74
Not really. Midnighter is sorely lacking in the speed feat department, and the half a dozen he has are pretty lame. Robin level lame. Skill also probably leaning Blade's as well, seeing as he has never got his ass kicked by a human level martial artist with a brown belt in jujitsu. Strength? Close to a wash, but Midnighter edges it out, and Mid's obviously has significantly better healing factor feats. Well, no matter how you slice it Mids is going to win and most likely fairly easily.

srankmissingnin
Well, no matter how you slice it Mids is going to win and most likely fairly easily.

He'll win, but just barely. His healing factor is better than Blade's... but it still isn't good enough to take an evisceration, or punctured vital organ and heal fast enough to keep him in the fight. Classic Mids would take 5.5 - 6 over Blade.

Golgo13
Well, no matter how you slice it Mids is going to win and most likely fairly easily.

thumb up

nwg202
Midnighter.

YFZ 350
I might back Blade, maybe.

Sixth_Winged
DCnU? or Classic Mid?

DCnU get crushed. Classic would squeek out the majority imo

juggernaut74
He'll win, but just barely. His healing factor is better than Blade's... but it still isn't good enough to take an evisceration, or punctured vital organ and heal fast enough to keep him in the fight. Classic Mids would take 5.5 - 6 over Blade. What is Blade's and Mids best strength and speed feats in your view?

Trackz
I've only seen a bit of DCnU Midnighter. What has he accomplished? Anything close to using his teeth as bullets or kicking tank shells out of the air?

juggernaut74
Those two feats are better than any of Blade's imo, though Blade has some good ones.

srankmissingnin
What is Blade's and Mids best strength and speed feats in your view?

Midnighter's best strength feat is ripping up a small section of railroad track, and bending it. Blade's is lifting the large demon above his head.

Speed is basic bullet / arrow dodging for the most part for both of them, with some blitzes thrown in for good measure. Blade has more, and slightly better speed feats over all. It has also been stated on panel that Midnighter can sprint 24mph... which puts him three times slower than a Captain America level street.

juggernaut74
Cap can run the 40 in 3.2 seconds iirc, that's pretty fast.

And as for the feats Mids is slightly better in strength.

Mindset
Midnighter's best strength feat is ripping up a small section of railroad track, and bending it. Blade's is lifting the large demon above his head.

Speed is basic bullet / arrow dodging for the most part for both of them, with some blitzes thrown in for good measure. Blade has more, and slightly better speed feats over all. It has also been stated on panel that Midnighter can sprint 24mph... which puts him three times slower than a Captain America level street. So Midnighter can run about as fast as Usain Bolt.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
So Midnighter can run about as fast as Usain Bolt.

Yeah but he can run a full 3k at that speed.

Mindset
Not impressed.

srankmissingnin
Not impressed.

That's because it's not impressive... like 99% of Midnighter's feats, every other top street has better feats at a much higher volume of occurrence.

At his best he is a second rate Deathstroke.

Robtard
Blade decapitates Midnighter while he's busy getting cornholed.

Trackz
So Midnighter can run about as fast as Usain Bolt. 3 mph slower than bolt

YFZ 350
Cap can run the 40 in 3.2 seconds iirc, that's pretty fast.

And as for the feats Mids is slightly better in strength. Not really, Blade crumpled a metal elevator door with ease and ripped a vamps head off with one hand

Trackz
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Not really, Blade crumpled a metal elevator door with ease and ripped a vamps head off with one hand
Don't forget tossing around demons and vampires like tennis balls

YFZ 350
And casually ripping metal doors from the hinges. Mids is strong but Blade is stronger if only slightly.

DarkSaint85
What are Usain bolt's speed feats?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Not really, Blade crumpled a metal elevator door with ease and ripped a vamps head off with one hand

facepalm

Midnighter has done better than that... f@ck the feat I cited already is better than that. Not to mention he has he as done everything you just mentioned... only on a slightly higher scale... about a dozen or so times.

Midnighter is stronger than Blade. No question.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What are Usain bolt's speed feats? Running about 24mph.

juggernaut74
facepalm

Midnighter has done better than that... f@ck the feat I cited already is better than that. Not to mention he has he as done everything you just mentioned... only on a slightly higher scale... about a dozen or so times.

Midnighter is stronger than Blade. No question. How can you see this fight being so close? Mids is going to stomp hard.

srankmissingnin
How can you see this fight being so close? Mids is going to stomp hard.

Midnighter is stronger, but only marginally so. Blade is faster, but only marginally so. Midnighter should eek out a win because he has better healing factor feats... but his healing factor isn't nearly good enough to warrant him stomping. Blade is more than capable of putting Mid down for the count if he lands a clean blow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.