Entropy aegis steel gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
The gauntlet is cumulative. So fight two is EA vs Zeus AND RKT. Fight three is Zeus, RKT, and Gaea vs EA, and so on. NOTE: contestants are not ordered based on power levels!!!!!

1. Zeus
2. Rune King Thor
3. Gaea
4. Thanos
5. Arishem
6. Exitar
7. Galactus (just ate 4 planets)
8. Voltron celestial
9. Chaos war Hercules
10. Death (marvel)

No bfr

Harbinger

Galan007
Gets to at least #6, and possibly farther, depending on how the latter 4 fare against entropy.

Cogito
Probably stops around 6 in a stacking gauntlet, I'd wager.

pym-ftw

PillarofOsiris
Entropy Aegis is being a little overrated on this site.

iceman24567
Isnt entropy the Celestials weakness or something?Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Entropy Aegis is being a little overrated on this site.
Nice contribution to the thread thumb up

Stoic
Does the Aegis amplify the wearers mental defenses, because every one of these characters could stop most dead in their tracks via mind control. If John Henry gets shut down through these means, it's done.

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
Does the Aegis amplify the wearers mental defenses, because every one of these characters could stop most dead in their tracks via mind control. If John Henry gets shut down through these means, it's done.

It wasn't specifically mentioned, IIRC.

It's kind of a ridiculous claim to try to make, though. The intent of the armor was to have basically no weaknesses, not to fall to the first telepath in its way. The Cosmic Armor from FC wasn't mentioned to have TP defenses either, but that would be a wild claim as well.

Stoic
Originally posted by Cogito

It's kind of a ridiculous claim to try to make, though. The intent of the armor was to have basically no weaknesses, not to fall to the first telepath in its way. The Cosmic Armor from FC wasn't mentioned to have TP defenses either, but that would be a wild claim as well.

It would be ridiculous if I made the claim instead of asking the question. Please read what I wrote, and not make the assumption of what I wrote. All of the above are powerful Telepath's. If no one ever attempted to take over John Henry in that form, it may be an avenue to defeat him since he isn't a Telepath himself outside of the armor, nor does he have more than a regular humans defense to such an avenue of attack.

I mean these are some very heavy hitters. Just something to consider. Unless Steel is the only being in comics history that does not fall under the no limits fallacy.

Galan007

It's kind of a ridiculous claim to try to make, though. The intent of the armor was to have basically no weaknesses, not to fall to the first telepath in its way. The Cosmic Armor from FC wasn't mentioned to have TP defenses either, but that would be a wild claim as well. If the wearer of the E/A could be mindraped, B13 or the Quintessence would have done so when he/it thwarted their plans, me thinks.

Stoic
What about localized time stoppage? Is the Aegis immune to this form of attack or manipulation? Also the Quintessence and Brainiac 13? Can they really be compared to the power of the characters in this gauntlet collectively?

Cogito
The Aegis already busted through time & space to get to the Quintessence/Superman

Galan007
What about localized time stoppage? Is the Aegis immune to this form of attack or manipulation? Also the Quintessence and Brainiac 13? Can they really be compared to the power of the characters in this gauntlet collectively? The E/A was able to rend(break) time and space:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_ea4.jpg

So I don't think time-stoppage is a sure-fire path to victory.

Anyway, the Quintessence may not be as powerful as some in this thread, but they still possess enormous power. As for B13, he was definitely capable of matching most of the characters here.

Sixth_Winged
Sigh the quintessence even didn't attack EA. Even your scans prove it

unless you claim it's lava

Galan007
You should, like, read what I say before you comment. Again: If the wearer of the E/A could be mindraped, you'd think B13 or the Quintessence would have tried doing so when he/it thwarted their plans.

Never said the above attacked the E/A. Just trying to draw a conclusion from their lack of attacking.

Sixth_Winged
And as for rending space and time.

How does he do that when he himself is stuck on time?

Go ahead and show a scan when he is able to act when he himself is frozen in time.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Galan007
You should, like, read what I say before you comment. Again: If the wearer of the E/A could be mindraped, you'd think B13 or the Quintessence would have tried doing so when he/it thwarted their plans.

Never said the above attacked the E/A. Just trying to draw a conclusion from their lack of attacking.

How bout you ask yourself why should they do it? He just break through their area and hasn't attacked them yet?

Just because they didn't attack him doesn't mean they can't.

Sixth_Winged
Even one scan in that respect thread has his niece effectively freed superman momentarily when natasha shot him with a canon.

Now if he was immune to all forms of attack he wouldn't even budge.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
And as for rending space and time.

How does he do that when he himself is stuck on time?

Go ahead and show a scan when he is able to act when he himself is frozen in time. Go ahead and show a scan where the E/A was frozen in time.

Tee-hee, I can play this game too!

How bout you ask yourself why should they do it? Because they didn't want Steel there.

2+2=?

Sixth_Winged
Go ahead and show a scan where the E/A was frozen in time.

Tee-hee, I can play this game too!

Because they didn't want Steel there.

2+2=?

Why should I the burden on proof is whoever claims or implies something.

"So I don't think time-stoppage is a sure-fire path to victory."

Even if it's still your opinion, compared to mine it's weighs more of a claim to what i said.

Sixth_Winged
Tell me also, when has it been ever in-character where any of the quintessence mindraped or tp'ed anyone

Or just name one of the quintessence who you guys think it's-in character for him to do.

Galan007
Why should I the burden on proof is whoever claims or implies something.

"So I don't think time-stoppage is a sure-fire path to victory."

Even if it's still your opinion, compared to mine it's weighs more of a claim to what i said. I'm fairly sure you've never actually read anything pertaining to the E/A.

Not only was Steel able to find Superman, despite his cosmic trial taking place in a location entirely removed from conventional time/space:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13141653_ea0.jpg
"Out of time. In the middle of time. A higher plane of existence."

But he was able to reach Supes by rending(breaking) time/space:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13141654_ea1.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13141657_ea2.jpg

Vis-a-vis, the rules that govern time/space do not apply to the E/A.

So yeah, I don't think time-stoppage is a sure-fire path to victory. It's illogical to assume otherwise, given what the E/A has done.

Stoic
The E/A was able to rend(break) time and space:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_ea4.jpg

So I don't think time-stoppage is a sure-fire path to victory.

Anyway, the Quintessence may not be as powerful as some in this thread, but they still possess enormous power. As for B13, he was definitely capable of matching most of the characters here.

Rending time and space on an active level may be different than being caught within a localized time stop. I mean how would he begin to break something that he was trapped in? Anyways, if the Aegis is beyond defeat by anything less than an IG wielder (which may be argued) it should be looked at hard by the Mods. Because if the Hulk was broken apart as different characters, and the no limits fallacy was pinned to him, the Aegis should receive the same attention. How can you argue against something that can't be stopped? I mean look at this post....

Originally posted by Harbinger

The Aegis has a hard shell, but what about the soft filling? It was never once shown that Steel had TP defenses withn the Aegis from your admittance is this correct? But he automatically gets a pass perhaps due to CIS, or perhaps both PIS and CIS? Yet it can not be proven that he can get past number one due to Zeus' powerful TP powers.

The Aegis does not have enough exposure to have been written to have any weakness, therefore people should automatically say it wins whenever it goes up against anything.

Personally I think that it should be banned from vs threads, because it can't be argued against. Not enough feats.

What about magic is it also immune to magic time stops? BFR? Reality manipulation? Death? Anything? How was the material shaped if it was impervious?

Cogito
Galan, what issue(s) did the trial take place in? I was trying to find them before but I think I was looking in all the wrong places...been a while since I read the OWAW stuff

Sixth_Winged
I'm fairly sure you've never actually read anything pertaining to the E/A.

Not only was Steel able to find Superman, despite his cosmic trial taking place in a location entirely removed from conventional time/space:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13141653_ea0.jpg
"Out of time. In the middle of time. A higher plane of existence."

But he was able to reach Supes by rending(breaking) time/space:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13141654_ea1.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13141657_ea2.jpg

Vis-a-vis, the rules that govern time/space do not apply to the E/A.

So yeah, I don't think time-stoppage is a sure-fire path to victory. It's illogical to assume otherwise, given what the E/A has done.

*Sigh*

rending time and space = teleporting

Steel was able to teleport there because he himself wasn't stuck in time or time froze when that happen. It doesn't take a genius to know that.

But if you want to ask me for proof

"I knew you wouldn't approve but your wife was getting worried and it seemed worth the risk"

-straight from steel

So then we come to the point how would he even be able to act or think to break space and time when everything including him stopped and got stuck in time.

Galan007
Rending time and space on an active level may be different than being caught within a localized time stop. I mean how would he begin to break something that he was trapped in? Anyways, if the Aegis is beyond defeat by anything less than an IG wielder (which may be argued) it should be looked at hard by the Mods. Because if the Hulk was broken apart as different characters, and the no limits fallacy was pinned to him, the Aegis should receive the same attention. How can you argue against something that can't be stopped? I mean look at this post.... See my above post.

The E/A was able to locate Superman despite his trial taking place outside of time, in a higher dimensional plane. He then traveled to Supes via breaking time/space. I'm not saying localized time-stoppage would be 100% ineffective(there's no way to know)-- I'm just saying that based on the evidence we do have, the effectiveness of direct time manipulation can certainly be argued, as the rules of time/space certainly do not seem to apply to the E/A.

Sixth_Winged
Also on the other thread i responded too, someone mentioned surfer manipulating entrophy from the crunch.

What about the other beings here who are more than powerful enough or just as good as Surfer when manipulating energies?

Cogito
facepalm2

"Out of time. In the middle of time. "

If that can't be compared to time-stoppage, I don't know what can

Galan007
*Sigh*

rending time and space = teleporting sigh/lol

I'm done with you.

Sixth_Winged
See my above post.

The E/A was able to locate Superman despite his trial taking place outside of time, in a higher dimensional plane. He then traveled to Supes via breaking time/space. I'm not saying localized time-stoppage would be 100% ineffective(there's no way to know)-- I'm just saying that based on the evidence we do have, the effectiveness of direct time manipulation can certainly be argued, as the rules of time/space certainly do not seem to apply to the E/A.

That's not the same as being able to act while your paralyzed in time.

The only thing it proves is that EA can somehow percieve time/space then locate and teleport to that location.

Galan007
That's not the same as being able to act while your paralyzed in time.

The only thing it proves is that EA can somehow percieve time/space then locate and teleport to that location. Rending=/=teleporting.

I suggest looking up words you're unfamiliar with before coming up with your own definitions.

Sixth_Winged
sigh/lol

I'm done with you.

Of course, because you've nothing but go in circles without being able to support your claim with a solid proof.

Cogito
"I knew you wouldn't approve but your wife was getting worried and it seemed worth the risk"
Christ.

He was referring to using the Aegis (which destroys the wearer's soul), not getting to the Quintessence.

You need to stop trolling now, and catch up on your reading.

Galan007
Galan, what issue(s) did the trial take place in? I was trying to find them before but I think I was looking in all the wrong places...been a while since I read the OWAW stuff MoS #118.

Christ.

He was referring to using the Aegis (which destroys the wearer's soul), not getting to the Quintessence.

You need to stop trolling now, and catch up on your reading. He's a moron. If he didn't troll, he wouldn't be able to post.

Sixth_Winged
Rending=/=teleporting.

I suggest looking up words you're unfamiliar with before coming up with your own definitions.

Well then you are deluding yourself in exaggerations.

Rending time/space in that scenario = Fancy teleport to a place outside of time/space.

Galan007
Well then you are deluding yourself in exaggerations.

Rending time/space in that scenario = Fancy teleport to a place outside of time/space. Exaggerations? lulz.

I merely defined for you what the word "rending"(which was specifically used in the above scan) means. One more trollish post, and I'll be reporting you.

Sixth_Winged
Christ.

You need to stop trolling now, and catch up on your reading.

Sigh can you please read again and get back to me.

What I'm saying isn't that he wasn't referring to steal but he wasn't himself stuck in time to be able to act, which was galan on to about.

Sixth_Winged
MoS #118.

He's a moron. If he didn't troll, he wouldn't be able to post.

Lol go ahead and resort to namecalling, wouldn't help your exaggerations sorry.

Sixth_Winged
Exaggerations? lulz.

I merely defined for you what the word "rending"(which was specifically used in the above scan) means. One more trollish post, and I'll be reporting you.

Go ahead

Stoic
@Galan. There are fine differences between Entropy, and Nullification. A true immortal by nature should not be effected by entropy, as the nature of entropy is to erode, rot, evolve, or change on a physical level, whereas Nullification's nature is to erase, or void out. Nullification is immediate negation, entropy is gradual. Then again, some writers are stupid. Would you say that the writer of the comics that portray DC's laws of entropy are stupid, and do not know what the word means?

Sixth_Winged
Also ask yourself if Entropy was that undeniable..

How come Doomsday was retrievable in it?

Cogito
@Galan. There are fine differences between Entropy, and Nullification. A true immortal by nature should not be effected by entropy, as the nature of entropy is to erode, rot, evolve, or change on a physical level, whereas Nullification's nature is to erase, or void out. Nullification is immediate negation, entropy is gradual. Then again, some writers are stupid. Would you say that the writer of the comics that portray DC's laws of entropy are stupid, and do not know what the word means?

Start using DC's definition for entropy.

Entropy in DC has never been shown to "erode on a physical level". It has easily destroyed time/space (Infinity/Eternity, if you will). Entropy is the end of all things.

Stoic

Entropy in DC has never been shown to "erode on a physical level". It has easily destroyed time/space (Infinity/Eternity, if you will). Entropy is the end of all things.

Is that what it was said to be? I mean "an end to all things"? If so that is a linear statement, nullification is not linear, it is automatic. You and I are being destroyed at this very moment by entropic forces. A true immortal would not be affected by entropy, because they are unchanging. I guess the writer was stupid then. OK so there is nothing that can defeat the Aegis, because it holds the power of the end of all things.

Galan007
@Galan. There are fine differences between Entropy, and Nullification. A true immortal by nature should not be effected by entropy, as the nature of entropy is to erode, rot, evolve, or change on a physical level, whereas Nullification's nature is to erase, or void out. Nullification is immediate negation, entropy is gradual. Then again, some writers are stupid. Would you say that the writer of the comics that portray DC's laws of entropy are stupid, and do not know what the word means? We've already been over this. I showed you multiple scans of entropy erasing time, space, matter, and energy... Reality itself... Leaving nothing but a blank void in its wake... In the blink of an eye. Do I really need to post those scans again? You need to get the real world definition of entropy out of your head, and look at how it has been used in the fictional world of DC comics.

Aside from that, you want a specific scan of entropy killing a 'true' immortal (as if erasing universes isn't enough)..? Here you go:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13142090_e1.jpg

Vandal Savage is as immortal as it gets.

How come Doomsday was retrievable in it? Because after the events of Zero Hour, DD was able to be saved before entropy ever touched him:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13142091_e2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13142092_e3.jpg

Stoic

How come Doomsday was retrievable in it?

His dead bones evolved past the end of all things?

Cogito
Is that what it was said to be? I mean "an end to all things"? If so that is a linear statement, nullification is not linear, it is automatic. You and I are being destroyed at this very moment by entropic forces. A true immortal would not be affected by entropy, because they are unchanging. I guess the writer was stupid then. OK so there is nothing that can defeat the Aegis, because it holds the power of the end of all things.

Entropy in DC can be immediate.

And yes, Entropy can destroy anything, just like the Ultimate Nullifier.

The Aegis can be destroyed though, unless someone wants to claim no-limits. Sufficient power should do the trick. It also destroys the wearer's soul.

Sixth_Winged
We've already been over this. I showed you multiple scans of entropy erasing time, space, matter, and energy... Reality itself... Leaving nothing but a blank void in its wake... In the blink of an eye. Do I really need to post those scans again? You need to get the real world definition of entropy out of your head, and look at how it has been used in the fictional world of DC comics.

Aside from that, you want a specific scan of entropy killing a 'true' immortal (as if erasing universes isn't enough)..? Here you go:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13142090_e1.jpg

Vandal Savage is as immortal as it gets.

Because after the events of Zero Hour, DD was able to be saved before entropy ever touched him:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13142091_e2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13142092_e3.jpg

Ok conceded that one haha. Forgot that bit.

Stoic
Wait a second Galan. Read the last scan. if he was nullified, it would have been too late to save him because the entropic effects were already upon him.

I'm beginning to believe that the writer phucked up his continuity with the same pot buzz that he wrote. Whatever, this isn't that big a deal to me. But the last scan was based on a linear statement if you deconstruct it the statement itself. Seemed more linear than instant to me.

Cogito
Wait a second Galan. Read the last scan. if he was nullified, it would have been too late to save him because the entropic effects were already upon him.

I'm beginning to believe that the writer phucked up his continuity with the same pot buzz that he wrote. Whatever, this isn't that big a deal to me. But the last scan was based on a linear statement if you deconstruct it the statement itself. Seemed more linear than instant to me.

He was brought to the end of time. Not the literal end of time, because that's not possible, but a literal moment before. That was when Doomsday was dumped and that was when he was saved. As it said on panel, Entropy (the end of time) hadn't affected him yet. No inconsistencies to be found.

Stoic
Entropy in DC can be immediate.

And yes, Entropy can destroy anything, just like the Ultimate Nullifier.

The Aegis can be destroyed though, unless someone wants to claim no-limits. Sufficient power should do the trick. It also destroys the wearer's soul.

It would be logical to believe that it could be destroyed. After all it was formed from scrap correct? What was it that made the scrap?

Galan007
He was brought to the end of time. Not the literal end of time, because that's not possible, but a literal moment before. That was when Doomsday was dumped and that was when he was saved. As it said on panel, Entropy (the end of time) hadn't affected him yet. No inconsistencies to be found. thumb up

Galan007
It would be logical to believe that it could be destroyed. After all it was formed from scrap correct? What was it that made the scrap? An Imperiex Probe that was retrofitted with Apokoliptian tech.

Cogito
It would be logical to believe that it could be destroyed. After all it was formed from scrap correct? What was it that made the scrap?

It was made from a probe (many of which were destroyed), but it was augmented with Apokolips tech which apparently made it vastly more powerful.

Actual probes weren't capable of doing any of the things the EA did, so you kind of just have to roll with it.

Cogito
MoS #118.

Thanks, btw. I was skimming through several MoS issues in that range but must have skipped over that one.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by iceman24567
Isnt entropy the Celestials weakness or something?
Nice contribution to the thread thumb up

Thanks. I admit though, it wasn't as well thought out and profound as your amazing contributions to other threads:

Bite my nipples

Destroyer smash

Gecko you rookie stalker

Bran sucks cock for Pokemon cards nuff said

Phuck you Geck

From now on I'll try to make all my forum posts as life alteringly profound as yours. As every one of yours adds so much to each discussion I feel an epiphany each time I see one of your posts.

PillarofOsiris
The Ultimate nullifier had problems with Celestials.

zopzop
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Only because Hickman is a fxxking moron of a writer. The UN was used to reset the Multiverse by Reed to fix the damage caused by Abraxas' rampage, if should have been able to wipe the Rogues from existence.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
It was an alternate UN iirc .

zopzop
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
It was an alternate UN iirc .
Why would that matter now? According to Hickman, alt Reality Celestials = 616 Celestials. I'll bet anything that he intended that alt reality Nullifier to be = to the 616 version, that's how stupid he is.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by zopzop
Why would that matter now? According to Hickman, alt Reality Celestials = 616 Celestials. I'll bet anything that he intended that alt reality Nullifier to be = to the 616 version, that's how stupid he is.
I think that you're right here . I guess that the same would go for the IGs as well .

Galan007
I guess that the same would go for the IGs as well . g007_teehee

Oh, the irony.

TheGodKiller
g007_teehee

Oh, the irony.
Don't get too jumpy about it . It most probably is true but unless Hickman gives an official confirmation , I am not buying it .

Galan007
Right, because he would make every other alternate 'thing' equal to its 616 incarnation, except the IG(s). Makes complete sense.

g007_teehee
Don't get mad just because I/we were right.

TheGodKiller
*Waves white flag*
You were right , I was wrong . Happy now ?

Galan007
lil bit.

g_troll

TheGodKiller
Back to the thread discussion , the Aegis probably stops at 6 or 8 imo , depending on whether or not Galactus is vulnerable to entropy ?

Cogito
Galactus is absolutely vulnerable to entropy. That's the whole him waiting out the heat death of the universe thing.

TheGodKiller
Galactus is absolutely vulnerable to entropy. That's the whole him waiting out the heat death of the universe thing.
How does that prove he is vulnerable to entropy ? That is a pretty bad example , because if anything , it goes to show that he will SURVIVE the Heat Death of everything in order to witness(along with Franklin) the birth of the next universe .

Cogito
I've always seen it as him witnessing the end of the universe -- and that's it -- because he ends with the universe.

/shrug

Dampyre
Stops at 1 probably, 2 for sure.

Stoic
Back to the thread discussion , the Aegis probably stops at 6 or 8 imo , depending on whether or not Galactus is vulnerable to entropy ?

Uhm comic book entropy apparently differs from real world entropy, or it would drain Galactus like a ho sucking....

TheGodKiller
I've always seen it as him witnessing the end of the universe -- and that's it -- because he ends with the universe.

/shrug
Despite Franklin's own revelation that they will witness the birth of a new universe ?
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1359/f4604pg08.jpg
As I said before , if anything your example only serves to undo your premise .

Cogito
^

"we will watch as all that has been will become something new"

Doesn't say they're going to survive it to me? Given Galactus' fear of the heat death of the universe (Entropy), it's pretty clear he gonna die.

TheGodKiller
^

"we will watch as all that has been will become something new"

Doesn't say they're going to survive it to me? Given Galactus' fear of the heat death of the universe (Entropy), it's pretty clear he gonna die.
The statement : "we will watch as all that has been will become something new" equates to them watching the cycle repeat itself , while they themselves are getting destroyed by entropy right ?

Also , Galactus was afraid of the return of solitude , of being alone forever(the point is so clear that the "Forever Alone" meme was once inserted into that scan on G's face) , according to his own words . How exactly does that equate to him being afraid of the Heat Death , I am not sure .

Cogito
The statement : "we will watch as all that has been will become something new" equates to them watching the cycle repeat itself , while they themselves are getting destroyed by entropy right ?

Yes, so they're getting destroyed by entropy.

Also, Marvel's heat death (entropy) =/= DC's entropy. DC's has actual feats

TheGodKiller
Yes, so they're getting destroyed by entropy.
Nope , that's just you presuming so from a statement which doesn't even hint at such an idea .

Also, Marvel's heat death (entropy) =/= DC's entropy. DC's has actual feats
Your Galactus-example becomes undone with this statement .

Cogito
Your Galactus-example becomes undone with this statement .

Irrelevant, DC Entropy has plenty of feats that are more than impressive enough to convince me that Galactus can't survive. He's been hurt by far less.

TheGodKiller
Irrelevant, DC Entropy has plenty of feats that are more than impressive enough to convince me that Galactus can't survive. He's been hurt by far less.
That example still becomes undone because a couple of posts prior you equated Marvel entropy with DC entropy , by using an instance in which Galactus is in fact implied to SURVIVE entropy . It wasn't so irrelevant 4 posts ago......

Galan007
Why is "the heat death of everything" being compared to DC's entropy, anyway?

Cogito
Christ you're getting picky.

I never said such a thing in the way you're implying.

I said Galactus can't survive (Marvel's) entropy. I still believe that. I believe Galactus and Franklin will watch the current universe die, which will trigger the start of the next. They're not surviving it. I believe you're twisting Franklin's words.

I never said that Marvel's entropy and DC's entropy were equals. I believe DC's to be more powerful, if anything, based on the fact that it has feats. Therefore I believe that anything that dies via Marvel's entropy would also die via DC's.

k? Good.

TheGodKiller
I asked whether or not Galactus was vulnerable to entropy and you used the Heat Death as an example , even though it doesn't indicate such a thing .

I am the one twisting Franklin's words !? Franklin TELLS US ON-PANEL that "we will watch as all that has been becomes something new" in that statement . You don't observe an action(the birth of the next universe here) unfold , by taking taking part in said action yourself .

That Galactus/Heat Death example was you trying to use Marvel entropy's (non) feat and apply it to DC entropy . Anyone who read through your posts on the previous page would see that .

If you believe DC entropy to be superior , use DC entropy's own feats , instead of misconstruing an on-panel statement(which implies quite the opposite of what you insinuated) regarding the Marvel variant .

TheGodKiller
This is why :

Cogito

Because it's the dictionary definition.

TheGodKiller
Because it's the dictionary definition.

Cogito
I never said that Marvel's entropy and DC's entropy were equals. I believe DC's to be more powerful, if anything, based on the fact that it has feats. Therefore I believe that anything that dies via Marvel's entropy would also die via DC's.

k? Good.

TheGodKiller
^^Considering how Galan has clarified that DC entropy is more of Marvel nullification's equivalent , I don't see Galactus surviving it .

That still doesn't excuse the fact that you did try and equate the two using that Heat Death example .

Cogito
I used ABC logic, sue me. erm

Galan007
Because it's the dictionary definition. That would be Marvel's definition of entropy, then. DC's portrayal of entropy is different-- so there is really no comparison to be had. Even if we assume Galactus/Frank can survive "the heat death of everything"(Marvel's rendition of entropy) it certainly doesn't mean they can survive DC's rendition of the force.

Why? Because in DC entropy is: "The only time... The only place known where life cannot possibly exist.":
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13156983_1.jpg

Furthermore (and I just remembered this myself) Black Flash was also killed by dumping it into entropy:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13156986_2.jpg
So yeah, entropy can erase even conceptual beings, like Death.

Entropy(DC) = Nullification(Marvel)... The above was not directed at you, btw, I know you know (and agree with) that stuff.

Cogito
^ I agree.

I used ABC logic, where DC's Entropy > Marvel's Entropy. If Marvel's Entropy can kill Galactus, then DC's can as well.

Clearly that angle wasn't too popular...

TheGodKiller
^ I agree.

I used ABC logic, where DC's Entropy > Marvel's Entropy. If Marvel's Entropy can kill Galactus, then DC's can as well.

Clearly that angle wasn't too popular...
Clearly it wasn't too popular because there was no ABC logic to begin with . From the example you used , nothing remotely close to the idea of Galactus being killed by entropy was implied .

TheGodKiller
The above was not directed at you, btw, I know you know (and agree with) that stuff.
If it was directed at me , then know this :
^^Considering how Galan has clarified that DC entropy is more of Marvel nullification's equivalent , I don't see Galactus surviving it .

That still doesn't excuse the fact that you did try and equate the two using that Heat Death example .

Galan007
If it was directed at me , then know this : It wasn't directed at anyone. I know that you and Cog agree with my personal stance regarding entropy... Tbh, I just wanted to post some more info on entropy(specifically the scan where it erases Death.) kinda

zopzop
That would be Marvel's definition of entropy, then. DC's portrayal of entropy is different-- so there is really no comparison to be had. Even if we assume Galactus/Frank can survive "the heat death of everything"(Marvel's rendition of entropy) it certainly doesn't mean they can survive DC's rendition of the force.

Why? Because in DC entropy is: "The only time... The only place known where life cannot possibly exist.":
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13156983_1.jpg

Furthermore (and I just remembered this myself) Black Flash was also killed by dumping it into entropy:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13156986_2.jpg
So yeah, entropy can erase even conceptual beings, like Death.

Entropy(DC) = Nullification(Marvel)... The above was not directed at you, btw, I know you know (and agree with) that stuff.
Woah, wtf?

Would that work on higher level abstracts like Death (Marvel) or Death (Endless)?

TheGodKiller
Although tbh , since the Mad Celestials did tank the UN(it doesn't matter anymore whether it was alternate or not) , I think it is possible that they could survive(although not w/o taking serious damage as a result) an entropic blast from the Aegis .

Galan007
Woah, wtf?

Would that work on higher level abstracts like Death (Marvel) or Death (Endless)? Impossible to say. All I know for sure is that if entropy erases a universe, concepts (such as those the Endless embody) will no longer exist there, because, well, there's no need for them to. Entropy erases time, space, matter and energy-- leaving only a blank void in its wake.

Erasing Black Flash, though, is still quite something...

Cogito
Woah, wtf?

Would that work on higher level abstracts like Death (Marvel) or Death (Endless)?

Don't see why not?

We already know it would be effective against Eternity (Time) and Infinity (Space), so why not Mistress Death?

On the DC side, we already know Death of the Endless is the last thing to exist at the end of the universe. She locks up and then (presumably) ceases to exist, as no life means no death. However, for Entropy to kill Death of the Endless, as she is a truly abstract concept, it would have to destroy the DC omniverse.

TheGodKiller
^^In an alternate universe , Thanos did erase Ms Death with the UN . Dunno if that applies to 616 Death or not .

MrMind
gets to 10

Stoic
First of all that construct no matter how powerful isn't getting past Rune King Thor. He'd magically pull it off of John Henry, even if he had to rip him limb from limb. He pulled Loki's head off with more ease than Superman would pluck an apple from a tree, and Loki was super amped to Sky Father levels. RK Thor would pluck JH Iron's limbs off without killing him, and would render the armor inert. Because let's face it, the armor would have no power over his metaphysical form, and lol at where RK Thor was placed. He is in fact 10. Not 2.

Galan007
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.