"Amazon" - A Wonder Woman show in development at the CW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-

Kazenji
What's the deal with these shows not actually using the superhero name

first Green Arrow (Arrow) and now this.

Golgo13
I actually prefer Amazon over Wonder Woman.

the ninjak
They had their chance with Whedon. Now they have to hold back.

And that sucks.
Playing it safe lolz.

BruceSkywalker
its at the CW so the show might actually work

DARTH POWER
That's more like it. Don't just copy Marvel, take risks. Marvel own the big screen for now, dominate the small screen before Marvel beat you to that as well.

DC already has a good history on the small screen with Smallville lasting 10 years introducing people to lots of different parts of the DCU.

the ninjak
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
That's more like it. Don't just copy Marvel, take risks. Marvel own the big screen for now, dominate the small screen before Marvel beat you to that as well.

DC already has a good history on the small screen with Smallville lasting 10 years introducing people to lots of different parts of the DCU.

Exactly..and their time is almost up with the SHIELD series in the works.

DC need to go all out. Capture that magic of the comic universe with high budget TV series with much love thrown in.

Smallville was trash. It was just Charmed level TV with Supes thrown in as the plot medium. They need to stop doing this and understand that fans although may except shows like Smallville as accomplished representations of the mythos isn't simply enough to capture the wonder of the masses.

You said it perfectly.....it's a race now.

Mr Parker
I wonder whatever happened to that Wonder Woman movie that was suppose to be released like a couple years ago.they had a trailer for it and everything.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I wonder whatever happened to that Wonder Woman movie that was suppose to be released like a couple years ago.they had a trailer for it and everything.

You mean Whedons WW? It never happened. What trailer? Do you mean the TV series that was god awful.

Golgo13
WB routinely does TV better, so this might be good.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by the ninjak

DC need to go all out. Capture that magic of the comic universe with high budget TV series with much love thrown in.

Smallville was trash. It was just Charmed level TV with Supes thrown in as the plot medium. They need to stop doing this and understand that fans although may except shows like Smallville as accomplished representations of the mythos isn't simply enough to capture the wonder of the masses.

Agreed with everything except I loved Smallville (with the exception of the last season).

Although I can see how it probably appealed more to the wider audience than hardcore fans. I know lots of guys and girls who were not not Superman fans but were really hooked on to that show.

But still it probably gave the most exposure of the DCU to the wider audience than any other medium has done in the last few years.

But yeah your right, they can't just rest after Smallville. They need to own the small screen at least. We all know they've lost the big screen battle in a landslide.

-Pr-
Agreed with everything except I loved Smallville (with the exception of the last season).

Although I can see how it probably appealed more to the wider audience than hardcore fans. I know lots of guys and girls who were not not Superman fans but were really hooked on to that show.

But still it probably gave the most exposure of the DCU to the wider audience than any other medium has done in the last few years.

But yeah your right, they can't just rest after Smallville. They need to own the small screen at least. We all know they've lost the big screen battle in a landslide.

You love everything BUT the last season? REALLY?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by -Pr-
You love everything BUT the last season? REALLY?

It had it's ups and downs, but on the whole I loved the show.

The ending was very disappointing for me.

roughrider
Doing characters for the live action small screen is virtually a guarantee they won't be coming to the big screen anytime soon. When was the last time someone was both on TV and in the movies? - Superman Returns. How well did that work?

I don't think that Justice League movie is really near on the horizon, seeing moves like this.

ares834
That's a pretty broad statement. Especially considering that there havent been many live-action superhero shows lately.

roughrider
Originally posted by ares834
That's a pretty broad statement. Especially considering that there havent been many live-action superhero shows lately.

After the last Christopher Reeve Superman film in 1987, we had 20-plus years of Superman-themed TV shows instead - Superboy (with John Haymes Newton), Lois & Clark (with Dean Cain) and Smallville (with Tom Welling), all while one purposed film after another fizzled.

The Gotham-set Birds Of Prey only happened in-between Batman films, between 1997 & 2005. I think the basic rule of thumb is if you're on live action TV, you're not on the big screen.

ares834
Which is why I said recently. After all, until the 21st century there really weren't many superhero films. To blame television series for that seems to be a mistake. And Birds of Prey only had one season.

Mindship
It had it's ups and downs, but on the whole I loved the show.

The ending was very disappointing for me. I hear ya.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.