Superboy Prime versus Fernus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bluewaterrider
Some entity -- let's call him the GameMaster -- decides to set these 2 against each other.

States the rules as follows:

"The two of you will have 1 day to prepare for a battle to the finish against the other. There is a 24 hour time limit. In that time you must find and eliminate your opponent.

(By the way, you two will be placed at random in 2 DIFFERENT locations on Planet Earth.)

Your arena encompasses all of the (DCU) Milky Way Galaxy.

Roam if you will, but fight and win.

If you succeed; you will win the full restoration of the people you held and/or hold most dear. Clark, you will have Earth-Prime restored to you. Your power will be stripped and you will live life as a normal man, but Laurie will become your wife and together you will raise a happy family. Jonnz, Mars will be restored to you. Your wife, your children, your loved ones. So, too, the inhabitants of your planet. But Mars will be shut off from the rest of the Universe at large for over 1000 years.

No one knows of this contest save myself and the 2 of you.
You may use any resources you can think of, nor will you be precluded from enlisting allies -- if you think you can manage that.

I will even grant one boon: For a period of 2 hours, you may remove the entirety of a planet's population without harm to them; afterwards they shall return from whence they came.

Be warned: If, at the end of the 24 hours neither of you have eliminated the other, or obtained your opponent's submission, I shall destroy you both.

Fare well."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind that Fernus is a BURNING Martian, and, as such, is more or less immune to fire and most heat sources.
He has demonstrated the ability to grow to great size and control the minds of people. He can also shapeshift, turn invisible, and phase people into other solid materials or vice versa.

Prime, of course, is Prime, the breadth and magnitude of his powers are fairly well-known.
He has a Respect Thread under the title "SuperMAN Prime" in that particular forum.

Alright. That's the scenario.
Both opponents are in character.

What happens?
Who wins and how?

Golgo13
I wonder if Fernus can take Prime down with TP.

Cogito
^ Nobody else has so I doubt it.

Delta1938
Even though Fernus was seemingly weakened, J'Onn destroyed him with his Martian Vision. I think SBP's Heat Vision will be devastating. There was no proof Fernus was immune to fire, he just wasn't weak against it like J'Onn was. And J'Onn has more impressive feats than enduring the heat of nukes, anyways.

Also Blue, considering Fernus was a completely different mindset, I doubt your scenario would give him any particular motivation because Mars would be restored if he wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.