Avengers Now 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
The first issue of Avengers NOW 1, the art looks great and I mean great, Dean White Covers look awesome and Jerome Opena art is speechless. I'm stoke about Hickman on Avenegers, it's about damn dame time!

http://i.newsarama.com/images/avengers001009_pencils_02.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/avengers001012_pencils_02.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/avengers001013_pencils_02.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/avengersnow-1_1-3_02.jpg

What do you guys think!?

Galan007
Wow, the art looks pretty amazing (though I still loathe Iron Man's black/yellow color scheme.)

I'll read this because of Hickman.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Galan007
Wow, the art looks pretty amazing (though I still loathe Iron Man's black/yellow color scheme.)

I know the New Iron Man look I'm not feeling it. The Cover art looks great, but the interior is jaw dropping IMO, I'll buy book as is sometimes black and white looks better.

the ninjak
Dammmmmmnnnnn! That art is fine.

Story is key though we'll see what happens. Will Ironman still be Rhodey?
Seems to be to me.

Stark should await his epic comeback personally.
In a form that deserves such.

BruceSkywalker
will pass judgment after i buy the issue..

Bentley

Pretty much this.

vansonbee
The art looks nice and I hope it stays that way...

Will this be a weekly or bi-weekly sale?

Digi
Pencils tend to be more impressive than after coloring and inking is done. I think those scans are a bit exaggerated with what the finished art will look like.

Still, promising.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Digi
Pencils tend to be more impressive than after coloring and inking is done. I think those scans are a bit exaggerated with what the finished art will look like.

Still, promising.

It's the X-Force team of Opena on pencils and Dean White on colours. Nothing will be lost. Dean White makes everything better, he is the best colourist in the industry. Easily.

Kazenji
Haven't we already got a thread for this book??

the Darkone
Avengers was very good in my opinion, the second team for Avengers look pretty damn bad a$$! This is what Avengers should have been from the get go!!

Scythe
Damn this book is pretty.

joesha28
can't wait for the new Hyperion.

the ninjak
Does anyone have a roster of all the heroes on that final shot with Cap?

And my earlier comment was WAYYYYY off! Tony is still on Earth.

What was the whole point of Invincible Ironman having Tony say goodbye to all of his friends if he's still gonna hang around in multiple titles and not join the GotG?

If Ironman wasn't such a half decent series lately I'd be completely pissed.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
Does anyone have a roster of all the heroes on that final shot with Cap?

And my earlier comment was WAYYYYY off! Tony is still on Earth.

What was the whole point of Invincible Ironman having Tony say goodbye to all of his friends if he's still gonna hang around in multiple titles and not join the GotG?

If Ironman wasn't such a half decent series lately I'd be completely pissed.

It would make more sense to do it that way, Have him leave he team so he can go off and be with the GotG.

vansonbee
I heard somewhere on this forum, Tony gonna build a robot copy through Extremis to go to space or stay. IONO :>

Kazenji
Preview for book 3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=14660

vince_slice
Originally posted by Kazenji
Preview for book 3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=14660

Based on the previews, it looks like Hyperion may have beaten mind-controlled Hulk, transforming him back to Banner?

StiltmanFTW
It'd be hilarious if Hype didn't **** around and just killed Banner. They would probably give him a medal.

janus77
Are we looking at the same scans? Looks like Banner either been blasted awake or somehow been shaken loose of the mind control.

Hyperion vs Hulk would be a great fight though.

vince_slice
Its too early to tell, but it looks like Hyp just finished punching Hulk back into Banner or something. Can't say for sure until better previews come out or until the issues released.

Hulk's being mind-controlled, and Hyperion is probably the only one on the expanded Avenger's roster that has the durability and strength to contend with him. Wouldn't be surprised if Hickman has Hyperion straight up beat mind-controlled Hulk just to increase his cool factor. It seems like he's trying to give all the new members a nice intro to hype them. Who knows. But the book so far is pretty good.

The Sorrow
Hickman has already said Hyperion is going to be the major ass-kicker on the team, plus I can't see him being chumped on his first appearance. Getting the better of a mind-controlled Hulk would make sense in showing he can play alongside the big boys. I think Hype will probably destroy the mind control before Banner takes control again seeing as though he's back in his human form.

The art on this book is amazing, but the plot needs to move on for me. Also a being that can apparently "raze" planets is being destroyed by Shang-Chi?

janus77
Anyway, the most important thing is that the comic is being released early ... this year ... like 11 months and 2 weeks ago, this year!

vince_slice
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hickman has already said Hyperion is going to be the major ass-kicker on the team, plus I can't see him being chumped on his first appearance. Getting the better of a mind-controlled Hulk would make sense in showing he can play alongside the big boys. I think Hype will probably destroy the mind control before Banner takes control again seeing as though he's back in his human form.

The art on this book is amazing, but the plot needs to move on for me. Also a being that can apparently "raze" planets is being destroyed by Shang-Chi?

Yeah Shang-Chi destroying that Aleph robot's legs seemed a little strange. Those robots destroyed entire civilizations.

StiltmanFTW
He's Marvel's Karate Kid now, it seems cool

ODG
^ I imagine you're just praying Aleph doesn't stomp a mudhole in Wolverine at the same time. vin

basilisk
Originally posted by vince_slice
Yeah Shang-Chi destroying that Aleph robot's legs seemed a little strange. Those robots destroyed entire civilizations. Forget entire civilizations. It grabbed Cap's shield out of the air, then proceeded to beat the crap out of Cap with its fists. And that's after Cap made one of his "we're not beaten yet" speeches.

So Shang must be pretty damn good just to kick it to pieces. Or maybe Cap should have tried... fighting?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ODG
^ I imagine you're just praying Aleph doesn't stomp a mudhole in Wolverine at the same time. vin

Is he even in this book...?

Wolverine beat Furies, Hickman's robots are C3POs compared to them stick out tongue

Bentley
I've got to admit that Remender writes a great Red Skull

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by vince_slice
Its too early to tell, but it looks like Hyp just finished punching Hulk back into Banner or something. Can't say for sure until better previews come out or until the issues released.

Hulk's being mind-controlled, and Hyperion is probably the only one on the expanded Avenger's roster that has the durability and strength to contend with him. Wouldn't be surprised if Hickman has Hyperion straight up beat mind-controlled Hulk just to increase his cool factor. It seems like he's trying to give all the new members a nice intro to hype them. Who knows. But the book so far is pretty good. Originally posted by The Sorrow

Pfff, typical writer pet bullshit.

If Hickman wants to tell stories about how awesome his poor's man Legion of Superheroes is, Marvel has the Icon imprint for that. Is it really such a daunting task to not shit on the established heroes when attempting to make your new ones look good?

If people wanted to see Hyperion beat up Hulk or Shang-Chi one upping Captain America instead of vise versa, they wouldn't have been sitting on the shelf for almost two decades.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Pfff, typical writer pet bullshit.

If Hickman wants to tell stories about how awesome his poor's man Legion of Superheroes is, Marvel has the Icon imprint for that. Is it really such a daunting task to not shit on the established heroes when attempting to make your new ones look good?

If people wanted to see Hyperion beat up Hulk or Shang-Chi one upping Captain America instead of vise versa, they wouldn't have been sitting on the shelf for almost two decades. This isn't about Hulk, Cap, Hype, or Shang-Chi is it?

It's about the horror that begins with a capital T.

I feel for you bro.

Branlor Swift
Also, I really doubt Hyperion beats Hulk.

And it looks like Hulk is confused by his transformation, and then Hype is all like "Broseph I'm going to punch you in the face or mayhaps I might even punch you square in the liver. I haven't decided yet."

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This isn't about Hulk, Cap, Hype, or Shang-Chi is it?

It's about the horror that begins with a capital T.

I feel for you bro.

You see right through me bro.

Kazenji
Book 4 preview

different art now

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=14991

Bentley
Not reading Hawkeye's new ongoing was a sin that I won't commit again.

Kazenji
And its written by Matt Fraction, I hear its actually good.

Bentley
Yep, it's pretty good actually, it goes to prove that when Fraction isn't making his characters headbutt everything he can deliver good stories.

I think Fraction was the one writting the Defenders also? That was solid stuff too.

the Darkone
Avengers 4 was excellent in my, book. This version of Hyperion could very well be the most version since King Hyperion, this new Hyperion survive two universe colliding, could be more powerful than Sentry, .. but we will wait and see in the coming months

Galan007
I dug how Captain Universe's origin was explained. thumb up

Now I'm curious what 'the white event' is? It's certainly a power of cosmic proportions. On that note, I find it oddly humorous that Captain Universe(a black female) is facing the biggest threat/hurdle of her life--- and it's called the white event. Lulzers.

It's also kind of neat that they give you a master key to solve the Builder Machine Code at the end of the issue. thumb up x2

Branlor Swift
The White Event is going to bring about the Starbrand

Nightmask is probably from an alt universe, but I'm not sure if the White Event will bring another one. Maybe this White Event will only create the Starbrand... or Justice and Cipher

But yeah, if you want a good backstory for Hickman's work, read Ellis' Newuniversal. You should find all the answers you're looking for.

TheGodKiller
I find it oddly humorous that Captain Universe(a black female) is facing the biggest threat/hurdle of her life--- and it's called the white event. Lulzers.
We have a black President who lives in the White House.

IRL!!!

Bentley
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
We have a black President who lives in the White House.

IRL!!!

And black people is born from white semen.

I don't even understand whatever you are saying.

Kazenji
Anyone picked up the Doctor Who stuff with Avengers 7?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't even understand whatever you are saying.
Your fault then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.