Goku vs Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/23287/1749404-goku.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125084/2519015-darkseid_couch.jpg

Goku is from Dragonball and Darkseid is from DC comics.

They fight in Metropolis. Darkseid has already begun his slouch of evil when Goku interrupts his relaxation and they fight.

T-Wrecks
Have to go with Darkseid on this one. Even Superman can't take DS on by him self (depending on who's writing), so Goku doesn't stand any better of a chance. DS is god after all and his Omega beams can kill (or time travel?) pretty much anything (again, depending on the writer). DS wouldn't even need to get in a beam battle, his omega beams would just side step Goku's blast while he's shooting it, hit him in the back and turn him into vapor while DS bats the Kamehame away with one hand.

Lord Lucien
Am I and Rob gonna be the only ones who defend DBZ characters? Fine!

Goku instant transmits behind him and blasts him. Or punches him.

T-Wrecks
Darkseid is a god though and even if Goku blasts him, it won't kill him. It took a crazy time bullet thing to kill him during Final Crisis (which I still don't understand, but it killed several New Gods so whatever) where as no one else on the planet could touch him. Also, even if Goku teleports, the Omega Beam is going to keep following him (like Freeza's disc thing) until it hits. Also, Goku isn't the only one that can teleport; Darkseid has a mother box which can create boomtubes to send him anywhere in the universe. Darkseid isn't one for direct physical confrontation (unless somehow forced to), so I don't think he'd beat Goku to death, but eventually he'd succeed in atomizing him.

Blight
Hahahaha Darkseid wins.

If Darkseid can react to the speed of Superman then he can react to Goku. Not to mention, is it in Goku's character to Instant Transmission behind an enemy and perform a sneak attack?

T-Wrecks
Originally posted by Blight
If Darkseid can react to the speed of Superman then he can react to Goku. Not to mention, is it in Goku's character to Instant Transmission behind an enemy and perform a sneak attack?

Even though I'm on Darkseid's er, side, this actually did happen in DBZ during the Cell Games. He charged a Kamehame up in the sky, then teleported behind Cell and blasted him with it. Of course he did lose that fight, just like he'll lose this one wink

Blight
Good to know. Still doesn't mean he can't just... turn around and do this:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/action638-2122horus.jpg

Not to mention Darkseid has teleportation other than the Boom Tube:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/JackKirbysFourthWorld20-15.jpg

Not to mention walking through blasts:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Anarky-mini2-18.jpg

T-Wrecks
Freaking Anarchy fought Darkseid? Man, he's more full of him self than that Batman that Mary Sued Darkseid in the face :P

Blight
Didn't Boo turn Goku into a Cookie?

Darkseid can matter manipulate as well.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/HaCsAHunter-Prey-02-45.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/HaCsAHunter-Prey-03-02.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/HaCsAHunter-Prey-03-03.jpg

T-Wrecks
Tru dat, though I think Jurgens did a rather poor job writing Darkseid (namely in allowing Doomsday to hurt him as much as he did) geek

XanatosForever
Didn't Boo turn Goku into a Cookie?

Darkseid can matter manipulate as well.

Half right. Super Buu after absorbing Gotenks and Ascended Gohan turned Vegeto into a piece of candy, unspecified but it looked like a chocolate malt ball or something.

However, Vegeto had still retained all his power in that form, and proceeded to beat the ever loving shit out of super Buu in a spectacularly humiliating fashion.

BruceSkywalker
Darkseid takes kamehame(sp?) wave, then sends Goku back in time via Omega blasts

XanatosForever
Kamehameha

Nephthys
Is Dragonball truly so far below the DCverse in terms of power? I always thought that they were very close, hence all the feverish arguments.

Blight
Originally posted by Nephthys
Is Dragonball truly so far below the DCverse in terms of power? I always thought that they were very close, hence all the feverish arguments.
Probably because almost every character is near herald level? Darkseid is a skyfather, though.

Nephthys
Yeah, but hasn't Superman taken him on and done well a few times?

Blight
Yeah, but hasn't Superman taken him on and done well a few times?
Not Kirby darkseid mmm

ScreamPaste
Jobberseid has some low showings, but when written properly shouldn't be able to be touched by someone like Goku. :/

Blight
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Jobberseid has some low showings, but when written properly shouldn't be able to be touched by someone like Goku. :/
This.

Harbinger
Goku beats DS with a flight of stairs.

NemeBro
Is Dragonball truly so far below the DCverse in terms of power? I always thought that they were very close, hence all the feverish arguments. They're really not.

Superman (Pre-reboot) would cream Goku, he's way too fast, durable, and strong.

Darkseid is usually portrayed as superior to Superman, and "true" Darkseid, as shown in Final Crisis, is practically abstract level.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Harbinger
Goku beats DS with a flight of stairs.
you argument is invalid goku has no skill points in carpentry

Ds 1 shot goku with a needle in the ass

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Kamehameha

thanks for the spelling

XanatosForever
You're welcome.

quanchi112
Originally posted by T-Wrecks
Tru dat, though I think Jurgens did a rather poor job writing Darkseid (namely in allowing Doomsday to hurt him as much as he did) geek DD>>>Darkseid. His writing was spot on.

Zack Fair
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/23287/1749404-goku.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125084/2519015-darkseid_couch.jpg

Goku is from Dragonball and Darkseid is from DC comics.

They fight in Metropolis. Darkseid has already begun his slouch of evil when Goku interrupts his relaxation and they fight.

Not sure if serious...Darkseid doing the basic instict interview strat...

BloodRain
Is Darkseid that far above Superman/Doomsday?

(Only know of their animated versions)

Blight
Originally posted by BloodRain
Is Darkseid that far above Superman/Doomsday?

(Only know of their animated versions)
If written correctly then yes. Based on every writer writing him then he's a bit above superman.

Robtard
Goku explodes the planet and then instant transmissions away To New Namek.

/thread

Blight
So we all agree Goku loses, yes?

Robtard
I just noted an easy way for Goku to win.

NemeBro
Darkseid can:

A. Breathe in space.

and

B. Travel to the furthest corners of the universe in moments time.

Try harder.

Blight
Originally posted by Robtard
I just noted an easy way for Goku to win.
Except it wouldn't work.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Darkseid can:

A. Breathe in space.

and

B. Travel to the furthest corners of the universe in moments time.

Try harder.

Wrong. Darkseid can not breathe in space, as there's really nothing to breathe. He can survive in space.

Blight
Wrong. Darkseid can not breathe in space, as there's really nothing to breathe. He can survive in space.

Dodge accomplished.

Robtard
WTF are you talking about? Space is essentially a vacuum. No one can breathe in space, this is a fact.

Nephthys
Batman can.

Blight
WTF are you talking about? Space is essentially a vacuum. No one can breathe in space, this is a fact. How is it you can't understand what I'm talking about?

You dodged the entirety of his post and clung to the only thing you could correct him on, IE his wording. You fully admit Darkseid can survive in space but made no attempt at actually disproving what Nemebro's point was, which is that you were wrong.

Robtard
I didn't dodge a thing, I couldn't care less if Darkseid can beat Goku in a hypothetical fight.

I do care that he believes there's breathable atmosphere in space. I'm also worrying that you believe this too.

Blight
I didn't dodge a thing, I couldn't care less if Darkseid can beat Goku in a hypothetical fight.

I do care that he believes there's breathable atmosphere in space. I'm also worrying that you believe this too.

Cool, Darkseid wins then.

Robtard
But he's not breathing in space.

Blight
Correct. He is, however, surviving it rather easily.

Robtard
What's his best showing with his most powerful attack, the omega beam/effect?

Bentley
He sent Batman through time biscuits

Robtard
Goku can time travel as well.

NemeBro
What's his best showing with his most powerful attack, the omega beam/effect? In Final Crisis we discover that the Darkseid we know and love was always but an avatar.

The real Darkseid was dragging the entire Multiverse down with him after he was shot by a Radion bullet.

Bentley
Goku can time travel as well.

Not if he's sent to the Big Bang and explodes inmediately wink

Kazenji
How is this fight any different to Goku vs Thanos??

Blight
Thanos has arguably better feats than Darkseid. Though Final Crisis took that down a peg.

NemeBro
Thanos has arguably better feats than Darkseid. I think it's more that Marvel handles Thanos far better. Thanos doesn't have nearly as many nor as severe embarrassing showings Darkseid has.

Blight
I think it's more that Marvel handles Thanos far better. Thanos doesn't have nearly as many nor as severe embarrassing showings Darkseid has.

Exactly true. Which is sad because Kirbys Darkseid = phucking awesome.

cdtm
Exactly true. Which is sad because Kirbys Darkseid = phucking awesome.

Yes, he is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/MrMiracleAvalon18-20.jpg

Only writer since Kirby that writes a good Darkseid is Simonson, imo.

Blight
What did simonson do?

Bentley
Darkseid has -arguably- better high feats than Thanos, but he has also a fair share of "low feats" that made him look bad for lots of readers. He has the tools to beat Goku imo.

T-Wrecks
What did simonson do?

The Simpsons? No wait, that's Sam Simon, never mind :P

ares834
I think it's more that Marvel handles Thanos far better. Thanos doesn't have nearly as many nor as severe embarrassing showings Darkseid has.

erm

Darkseid has plenty of low showings. Far more than I can think for Thanos, however he also tends to have the better high showings as well. So it pretty much balances out. Although I would put Thanos above pre-DCnu DS due to his fairly recent upgrade.

Blight
You don't mean final crisis darkseid...

quanchi112
They're really not.

Superman (Pre-reboot) would cream Goku, he's way too fast, durable, and strong.

Darkseid is usually portrayed as superior to Superman, and "true" Darkseid, as shown in Final Crisis, is practically abstract level. No, Superman is above Darkseid in physical combat. Darkseid in Fc was a joke also and was defeated by Superman.

ares834
You don't mean final crisis darkseid...

No, when I say Darkseid I typically mean his avatars or whatever they are.

abhilegend
Thanos has had much worse low showings, Ka-zar has beat the shit out of him. Thankfully for him the vs forums remember starlin retcon but not the retcon of final crisis that new gods never appeared in DCU, its always a shadow which fluctuates in power. Its pretty hypocritical.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
erm

Darkseid has plenty of low showings. Far more than I can think for Thanos, however he also tends to have the better high showings as well. So it pretty much balances out. Although I would put Thanos above pre-DCnu DS due to his fairly recent upgrade. That has nothing to do with a single thing I said.

What was the purpose of your post? Was it to bore me to tears and then sleep in the hopes that I would unconsciously drown on my own tears?

You're a sick ****.

ares834
lol, must've been drunk. I read it the exact opposite way you typed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.