Stingerrain's Video Game Tournament - Sign Up!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stingerrain
So I had this idea in mind for a while, but I wasn't sure whether or not it'd be accepted on the Forum (rule wise). So I finally decided to check the Forum rules, and they didn't specify anything about there not being tournaments, so I was just like, "Screw it, i'm doing it."

Ahem, anyways, as the title of the thread states, this is the sign up thread for a Video Game based tournament that I've decided to make. So if you're interested in signing up, just state the characters you want to enter with.

Before you do, though, I should probably state some rules for the tournament.

CHARACTER RESTRICTIONS:

- No characters who can blatantly solo any team thrown at them. (You shouldn't need to think too hard for this one)

- No characters from the Darkstalkers series. (For the sole reason that half their characters are broken as hell)

- No Toonforce characters.

- No characters with hax abilities. (Mindrape, Soulrape, etc.)

- No Immortal characters. (Unless there is a way around their immortality)

Now for the actual battle rules.

RULES:

- Your team will consist of 3 characters exactly.

- All characters on each team will be fighting at once.

- Your characters have full knowledge of their opposing team, and have 15 minutes of prep time.

- The state of mind is In-Character. The only moral removed is the will to fight/kill.

- Winner is determined by Death or KO.

- All fights will take place in a Roman Coliseum.

- The starting distance is 100 feet.

Now for the sign up. There may only be up to 12 entrants. You will state your 3 characters and the series they are from, then you'll be set for the tournament.

Let the sign up commence.

BloodRain
Sounds interesting. Few questions.

1. "No characters who can blatantly solo any team thrown at them." To what level are we talking here? I mean someone like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat can solo any team of human characters, while someone like Samus from Metroid could solo a whole team of Mortal Kombat fighters. Then we have someone like Asura who could solo both of their whole verses together with 5 arms tied behind his back.

Care to elaborate on this?

2. Things like slowing down time and BFR count as hax? And what if the character has the ability but doesn't use it for the thread?

3. Duplicate characters? Like if two people want to use the same character?

Stingerrain
Originally posted by BloodRain
Sounds interesting. Few questions.

1. "No characters who can blatantly solo any team thrown at them." To what level are we talking here? I mean someone like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat can solo any team of human characters, while someone like Samus from Metroid could solo a whole team of Mortal Kombat fighters. Then we have someone like Asura who could solo both of their whole verses together with 5 arms tied behind his back.

Care to elaborate on this?

2. Things like slowing down time and BFR count as hax? And what if the character has the ability but doesn't use it for the thread?

3. Duplicate characters? Like if two people want to use the same character?

1. I literally mean a character who is so powerful (I.E. Asura like you just stated) that they can probably defeat any other character who isn't around S class Darkstalker level.

2. Hmmm.... It depends. If it's something like Dante's Quicksilver, i'll allow it. However if it's something such as being able to freeze time completely for an unlimited amount of time, I'd consider that to be a bit overpowered and not allow it. BFR i'm probably going to forbid completely. Also, if you wish to include a character onto your team who happens to have a hax ability, you can include them, they just can't have that ability.

3. For the sake of preventing repetitiveness, I'm not allowing duplicate characters. It'd be boring to have an entire tournament filled with Ryu Hayabusa's and Dante's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.