Aftermath: OOC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Big O
This thread is dedicated to all out of character (OOC) conversation. You can discuss the RP itself, plot lines, comments, questions, concerns, all that jazz. You can also converse with your fellow role players.

However, please keep cursing and and inappropriate discussions to a minimum or take it to PMming.

(Does KMC even allow that stuff....????)

MadMel
Some swear words are allowed, but others are censored with '*'.
dick
shit
etc...
As for the mods, well if they see you swearing at others out of character they'll say something about it.

Phoenix3068
Inaccurate! The reasoning behind mod intervention is not circled around the words used but the target of the swear attack. Appropriate sentences would fall under the category of--
Damn, the gun has jammed.
On the internet all are in reach of negative influence. A soldier must be strong and know when and when not to attack! This is a place when not to attack! Subtlety is key to winning any engagement.

MadMel
Close enough.
Anyways, it took the best part of 3 hours, but I have updated and PMed my char sheets to O. Can't wait!!! XD

XanatosForever
The Soldier goes a-huntin'.

I wonder who he'll run into first...

The Big O
I'll let you guys know when we're to start. I'm trying to get my characters together.

MadMel
Can. Not. WAIT!! big grin
-Happy Dance-

XanatosForever
Man, that's kinda of pile of stuff to read, Mel. laughing

So, as acting operator of Aftermath's Character Archive and Registratnion, hereafter known simply as the archive, I decree the following.

There are to be no posts made in the thread that are not an accepted character sheet or character revision.

I need to stress this point. We have an out of character thread, which should be suit the needs of discussion, character based or otherwises, just fine. The less chatter cluttering the archive, the easier it will be for players, both new and old, to find their sheets in an efficient manner.

MadMel
Like I said, I spent a number of hours working on those 3 sheets. Still debating whether or not to bring Vincent Adal back.

The Big O
How do you make a link?

MadMel
You take a kid in a green tunic and give him the triforce of courage. wink

Lol jk.
Use tags.

Regelion1
Sorry O i'll join this RP but you will have to give me a bit still need to update a bunch of stuff for my RP, then for this and I will be good after i get your approval.

The Big O
Originally posted by MadMel
You take a kid in a green tunic and give him the triforce of courage. wink

Lol jk.
Use tags. laughing out loud Awesome.Originally posted by Regelion1
Sorry O i'll join this RP but you will have to give me a bit still need to update a bunch of stuff for my RP, then for this and I will be good after i get your approval. No worries. Just PM them to me when you can.

MadMel
To avoid accidental metagaming with our first posts, I think we should make a few things clear.

It's clear a lot of the survivors have grouped together for mutual protection. Where exactly is this group hiding - or better yet, how can such a group hide unnoticed to begin with?

For those that have surrendered or been arrested, what has happened to them?
Have they been executed? Forced to work? Placed into ghettos?

Where is the crusaders base of operations? How does an organization like them work? Is there a specific chain of command, or do crusaders just do their own thing?

If you want you can pm me the answers, or not answer, if you think answering will spoil the plot. erm

The Big O
I'll let you know. Those are really good questions. I'm still working on some characters so I won't get to them anytime tonight, but I will answer them.

MadMel
Coolies!
Well, apparently SF doesn't exist anymore, so I have to change my sig/avy. stick out tongue

XanatosForever
I wonder if the government would consider Eric for Ghost Squad, or if he's kind of a freelance hunter...mmm

MadMel
Oh!
That reminds me, Ghost is my character too - Totally forgot. XD

XanatosForever
...Jeez, Mel, are you sure you didn't just do all this by yourself? stick out tongue

MadMel
I did make the second part of this series. wink
And O will testify that I was heavily involved with the story of part 3.
That said, who do I talk to now for Ghost's CS, you or O?

XanatosForever
Big O gets initial approval rights. I hold power over revisions.

MadMel
Cool. I'll do that now then.
One other thing.
I would like to (with everyone's permission first) make Leon's post a flashback of Strikeforce's last mission before the school exploded. This will mean controlling most of the characters in Strikeforce.
I'll need permission from
O, Starry and Shal (or maybe just O again - depends on who has 'ownership' of DJ atm)
If you want, O, I can give you a basic summary of the post via pm before anything else.
I guarantee its gonna be a kick-arse post, if you guys let me go through with it. wink

The Big O
I currently have control of Shal's characters so yeah you can use them. I'm also giving you permission to use mine, Starry and Hit's characters as well as they both are, or, were SF members. And I don't want you to have to wait for them to give you the "go ahead." And surprise me, Mel.

I'll also post my other characters later. Ben took so long as I had to search through the previous RPs to get his bio right. And I also have work. So, good night.

On another note. I couldn't post Ben's bio like I wanted so there are 4 posts. One was a mistake mad

XanatosForever
Heh, I noticed that. Frustrating when it doesn't work the way you want it to.

MadMel
I'll start drafting now. It may even take two posts, like the one with Liam and Leon and the Hive. XD

starryknight
Even though O gave you the go ahead you have my blessing to use my characters. smile

Also I'll get my characters done by tomorrow...still deciding if I want Sam to go crazy or not.

Venomancer
Ok from the looks of it I will be able to join with you guys :-)

The Big O
Okay, Shal. Send me your characters via pm.

MadMel
Finished the post yesterday, but I don't have working internet just yet.
It's more than 3500 words long, longer than any of my uni essays. stick out tongue

The Big O
Can't wait to see it.

On another, I can't seem to add photos to my posts for the pics of my characters. The OR doesn't work. WHAT THE FRAK??!??!??!? HELP!

The Scenario
That's odd.

Should be image for images and the same for urls.

Where are the images from?

The Big O
I just searched for some images from off of Yahoo. That's where I got all of my previous ones.

Hitosu Moriko
I'll put my characters in soon need to speak with you O i want to put my character in a certain situation

The Big O
Alright, Hit. But it'll have to wait until later today. I'm off for the night as I have to wake up for work in 7 hours.

I'm still working on my characters. Sorry its taking so long everyone. The RP looks to be started by the end of the week. This is because it's taking me an extended amount of time to complete my character as I'm sure it's taking some of you all as well.

Goodnight.

The Big O
I'm really sorry everyone. I'm swamped with work until Friday evening. I'm still working on my characters and I haven't even checked on the one's sent to me. But (maybe) Friday evening or on Saturday is when I'll be able to get things done.

Thanks for the continued patients and I ask that you keep gracing me with that virtue.

Hitosu Moriko
So is an ok for me

The Big O
Make sure you read my PMs Hit.

About the Character Archive, how's about everyone pm the characters that are dead or MIA after the school exploded. It would be unrealistic if every character we had survived the explosions. I have quite a few who are dead. I'll compile a list and post in the archive.

MadMel
I'll get onto it when my classes are over.

starryknight
Are we allowed to post in game or our we still waiting. ><

MadMel
Still waiting on O I'm afraid.
He must have even more work than I do. That's sad. erm

The Big O
Oh, I'm sorry everyone. I was debating whether or not I should make an intro post but I really don't think there's a need for one. However, I do think that Mel's flashback should be posted before anyone else's seeing as it would sum up Strike Force's final mission. After that, please feel free to get started.

And I actually do think I have more work than you, Mel. But we'll never know.

MadMel
Lol right now I'm being a bit lazy, tbh. I do plan to get back into the studying soon. XD
I'll have another look at my post and put it up when I get home.

MadMel
3 effing posts... That's gotta be a record. stick out tongue
I guess that means the game's officially started then? wink

XanatosForever
Not a bad start. Heh, poor Eric's got his work cut out for him, it seems. Good thing he's a determined old bastard.

The Big O
Great start, but is that all that its gonna be. I hope anyone that's been approved isn't waiting on me. I will make a post tomorrow. I've been swamped with workand I still have a plethora of characters to update.

Feel free to make posts concerning your characters and what they've been through for the past few months as I'm sure they've been througha lot and have been through some personal changes.

Use these as some guidelines:

-The place that they called home is destroyed.
-Close personal friends are now dead, having been killed in or because of the explosions.
-Two superhero teams have been forced to disband.
-They are banned from using their natural-born abilities in public.
-They are constantly threathened with being arrested.
-They can do nothing about their fellow supers being killedfor unknown reason by unknown forces.
-There is a team of vigilante supers going around using deadly force to get things done.
-The public is now against the former Heroes and Strike Force for the deaths of hundreds of people, a fact that was completely outta the Heroes control.

You don't have to use these but you can. They are going to play a part in this RP. Let me know if you guys are waiting forme to make a post. But I don't think you have to seeing as the first few posts you all make individually should be that of giving a general sense of where your characters are at this present time.

MadMel
Originally posted by The Big O
Great start, but is that all that its gonna be.
That made no sense. erm

Were you expecting me to write more? Because I was going to jump in with all of my characters once people started posting, but that hasn't happened yet.

The Big O
No, I wasn't speaking to you. I meant that as a general question to all who have signed up and have approved characters.

And I meant to put a "?" instead of a ".".

XanatosForever
I honestly am not sure how to start with Eric right now, so I've been waiting. I figured it'd be more impactful if I had him come around after others have been moving around. Maybe come in a-huntin'.

The Big O
That makes sense considering what you have in store for him.

XanatosForever
Incidentally, I might to PM you and other HH vets about certain things in-world. I'll send something a bit later.

MadMel
Nice going with Uriah, O.
Didn't actually expect you to take what I had written into account. XD

The Big O
Hey, you used him well. And that definitely was an advancement for him.

On a different note to everyone: I know that I said I'd make a post today, but I've literally spent the whole day (on and off) updating my characters. I have about 5 more to go and then I'll be able to post. But as I said before; you all don't have to wait on me if that's what you're doing. Unless you need to, in which case I ask for your continued patience.

MadMel
He did seem a bit weak in HH3 - At least compared to most of the other members of Strikeforce. If my character gets that much stronger from training, its only natural the others would as well. stick out tongue

Would it be possible for you to make a post without all of your characters?

The Big O
That would be a pretty solid assertion, Mel. Uriah always had a pretty basic power and I was unsure how to make him grow in terms of his abilities and that caused him to become a difficult character for me to develop. I could only think of ways that's make him too powerful too quick. But with your post, you really helped me out with him. Gratitude, dude.

And it's totally possible but it is time consuming. I'll for sure make a post tomorrow.

The Big O
And I just noticed in Uriah's profile, I stated that Caleb is a competent h2h fighter. CRAP!!! For the sake of it, just imagine that that says Uriah.

MadMel
Its ok, O. You should see how many mistakes I found in my first 3 posts after I posted them. erm

Just like to point out - When I said 'portable linear cannon' I was referring to a handheld version of this - http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120308044043/codegeass/images/thumb/4/43/Raiko1.png/1000px-Raiko1.png
So what Ghost had was actually rather small by comparison. stick out tongue

The Big O
You did say that it was bigger than Sam, however.

MadMel
True enough. big grin

The Big O
Okay. I'll make an actual post later today as most of my main characters are posted. I still have a few to go though. Good night

MadMel
I'll post in the morning, but before I do, I think it'd be best if you could answer the questions I posed ealier, O. smile

Originally posted by MadMel
To avoid accidental metagaming with our first posts, I think we should make a few things clear.

It's clear a lot of the survivors have grouped together for mutual protection. Where exactly is this group hiding - or better yet, how can such a group hide unnoticed to begin with?

For those that have surrendered or been arrested, what has happened to them?
Have they been executed? Forced to work? Placed into ghettos?

Where is the crusaders base of operations? How does an organization like them work? Is there a specific chain of command, or do crusaders just do their own thing?

If you want you can pm me the answers, or not answer, if you think answering will spoil the plot. erm

The Big O
I'll answer your series of questions a little later.

Hit, I asked you several times to send me your characters via PM. I suppose you overlooked the posts where I said that. I said it at least two or three times and one of them were in a PM. I won't approve them until you send them to me in a PM.

The Big O
To answer your questions, Mel:

1) Living for over 3000 years, Jordan amassed a bountiful wealth. I do believe that Shal stated that Jordan was the president of some type of company or his and Janet's mother was. Either way, Jordan and Janet are filthy, stinkin' rich. Just because the government has pulled out and away from the Heroes doesn't mean they are at a lack of funds or resources.

I would say that for the most part, some of the Heroes do have their own homes (at least Ben and Katt and their baby do). And a lot of them are all still in California, as that is where the school was relocated to back in Hero High 2 (iirc). But it would make a lot of sense to have them all grouped together or in the same general area. Maybe in the same city as it would be slightly less suspicious than having them all live in the same apartment complex or something of the such. That way, they can all go their separate ways when/if the government comes a snoopin'.

2) You raised an interesting subject when you asked "what happened to anyone arrested/surrendered?" I should say supers are not being openly hunted, and definitely not by police officers.

There are groups out there who would love to see as many supers dead as possible, (some are even working at as that is part of the basis of this RP.) But other see a better use for some supers other than dying. And I'm sure that there will be or already are some groups doing some recruiting for their own personal agendas. In various ways.

3) The Crusaders. To start off, the Crusaders DO have a leader. However, I don't want that person revealed as of yet. I don't even think it matters who the leader is right now anyways because the group itself and what they do is what's important. Some Crusaders know who their leader is and some don't. Other than that, there are members who take orders directly from the Leader and in turn, they lead other members.

The Crusaders are relatively small as of right now. They have hundreds of members based all over America but the group itself isn't big enough or old enough as of yet to have gone worldwide. YET.

There are about 3 bases of operations that the Crusaders definitely work from but they are a secret only to the members that have to know they they are. And it's through these bases that supers are put into the Underground.

Once a super, or supers, agree to enter the Underground, they are given new identities and places to live. In essence, a new life. everything about their old life is erased, which would lead one to assume that the Crusaders have access to sophisticated technology and a pretty decent amount of money.

It can be assumed that the Crusaders are able to find other supers via technology, super powers, or both. They are not discriminant to having normal people in the Underground if that is what is needed (ie, a super is the only one in their family who has powers.)

Finally, not all Crusaders know each other. As I stated before, there are hundreds of members all over America. It would be ignorant to assume that every member knows each other. However, they are able to tell whose a member as every Crusader is branded on their upper right shoulder when they join the organization.

Does this info help?

MadMel
And with that Information, my posts are secure. stick out tongue

MadMel
Also, going to assume its still night, and that everyone is just waking up from their nightmares early. wink

The Big O
I'm sorry everyone. My mom is in the hospital. My only reason why reason for not being around.

XanatosForever
Prayers and well wishes to the lady, O. Don't fret so much about lack of activity. I'll probably open something up, though if it'll lead anywhere is up to scrutiny.

MadMel
Hope she gets well soon mate.

The Big O
This is going to see some activity pretty soon. Had to take care of some personal business and things of the such.

MadMel
No worries. I'm gonna be very busy the next few weeks. erm

XanatosForever
Yes, I want to kickstart this as well, btw.

The Big O
I'm trying to figure out if I should reopen this. People hae a tendency to say they'll join and make a few posts before disappearing. I don't want that for this. Who would be interested to fully take part in this?

XanatosForever
I still have a vested interest in this, but I'd be lying if I said I'd be anything other than sporadic in posting. I find myself less inclined to get on the computer recently, and school will be starting for me soon as well. I'll also be out of town for about four days or so in the near future.

The Big O
I appreciate the honesty, Xan. Anyone else?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.